Community > Posts By > OleJeb

no photo
Tue 08/26/08 10:08 AM
rofl :laughing: rofl

no photo
Fri 08/22/08 10:46 AM
"a slim majority of Americans _ 52 percent _ now think churches should keep out of politics."

whoa Churches are people, most are voting citizens. Why should they not have as much right to be involved in politics as any others?
shocked

no photo
Thu 08/21/08 11:31 AM

That when your profile says that you are in a very happy and loving relationship, some people refuse to give up? Even after you tell them that you are not interested and you have someone?mad :angry: explode grumble noway

I don't know, I put this ole ugly pic on my profile but the ladies just wont leave me alone.
bigsmile:angel: smile2

no photo
Tue 08/19/08 09:56 PM
Rejection?
Rejection?
Rejection?
Rejection?
If I'd have let any of all those rejection slips stop me from writing, I would have never had anything published....but, wait I HAVEN'T had anything published frustrated rant

When I was in high school I assumed that the 'beauy queens' were only interested in the sports jocks. Then I learned that looks, female or male, are not as important as a lot of other traits.
Give me a woman (please!) who is loving, kind, affectionate, will share laughs and tears with me.
One with character and , yes one with old fashioned values, respects marriage vows, puts family first, etc. To me she will be most beautiful. :heart:

no photo
Mon 08/18/08 10:33 PM
"Ladies and Gentlemen, America is on the verge of losing its independence and its national sovereignty. And both major political parties (along with a compliant national media) are equally culpable. And mark this down: when America loses its independence and national sovereignty, we also lose our freedoms and liberties. Please remember that before a Constitution and Bill of Rights could be drafted, there was first drafted a Declaration of Independence. It is the Declaration of Independence that lays the cornerstone and builds the wall of protection around the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Lose the Declaration and we lose the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

No, the greatest threat to America does not come from Russia, Iraq, Iran, or any other foreign country. America’s greatest threat comes from a complacent populace who would sit back and do nothing while our own civil magistrates surrender our nation’s sovereignty and independence to international interests.

Think about it: 232 years after Thomas Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence, and after our Founding Fathers pledged their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to defend that document, our nation’s leaders from both major parties are in the process of ceding America back to the kind of global empire from which we fought to break free. This is America’s greatest threat!"

Very true, thanks for posting this.

no photo
Mon 08/18/08 08:30 AM

are we over the hill or what hehehappy

What

no photo
Sat 08/16/08 03:31 PM
A city boy, Kenny, moved to the country and bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100.00. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news, the donkey died."

Kenny replied, "Well then, just give me my money back."

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

Kenny said, "OK then, just unload the donkey."

The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with him?"

"I'm going to raffle him off."

"You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

"Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he is dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Kenny and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"

Kenny said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars apiece and made a profit of $898.00."

"Didn't anyone complain?"

"Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back."

no photo
Sat 08/16/08 03:27 PM

- Lost: small apricot poodle. Reward. Neutered. Like one of the family.

- A superb and inexpensive restaurant. Fine food expertly served by waitresses in appetizing forms.

- Dinner Special -- Turkey $2.35; Chicken or Beef $2.25; Children $2.00.

- For sale: an antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large drawers.

- Four-poster bed, 101 years old. Perfect for antique lover.

- Now is your chance to have your ears pierced and get an extra pair to take home, too.

- Wanted: 50 girls for stripping machine operators in factory.

- Wanted: Unmarried girls to pick fresh fruit and produce at night

no photo
Sat 08/16/08 03:16 PM
A fourth-grade teacher was giving her pupils a lesson in logic.

"Here is the situation," she said.

"A man is standing up in a boat in the middle of a river, fishing. He loses his balance, falls in, and begins splashing and yelling for help.

His wife hears the commotion, knows he can't swim, and runs down to the bank. Why do you think she ran to the bank?"

A little girl raised her hand and asked, "To draw out all his savings?"

no photo
Fri 08/15/08 12:11 PM
Never give up!!
As the song says, 'someone is looking for someone like you'. Good luck:thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 08/15/08 11:07 AM
In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem.

One day one fellow met the great philosopher and said, "Do you know what I just heard about your friend?"

"Hold on a minute," Socrates replied. "Before telling me anything I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."

"Triple filter?"

"That's right," Socrates continued.

"Before you talk to me about my friend, it might be a good idea to take a moment and filter what you're going to say. That's why I call it the triple filter test.

The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man said, "actually I just heard about it and..."

"All right," said Socrates. "So you don't know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my friend something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about him, but you're not certain it's true. You may still pass the test though, because there's one filter left: the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither true nor good nor even useful, why tell it to me at all?"

This is why Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem. Friend, use this triple filter each time you hear loose talk about any of your near and dear friends.

ALWAYS think before you speak. If what you are going to say is harmful, force yourself to wait an hour – and then ask yourself is it worth it. Usually it is not.

no photo
Fri 08/15/08 11:01 AM
MsTeddy, I'm praying for you.

Here's a big :heart: felt hug :heart:

no photo
Sat 08/09/08 05:14 PM

"As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, and employees will receive their cards in two weeks."
(Microsoft Corp. in Redmond WA )

What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter."
(Lykes Lines Shipping)

"E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be used only for company business."
(Accounting manager, Electric Boat Company)

"This project is so important we can't let things that are more important interfere with it."
(Advertising/Marketing manager, United Parcel Service)

"Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule."
(Plant Manager, Delco Corporation)

"No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them."
(R&D supervisor, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing/3M Corp.)

Quote from the Boss: "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say."
(Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation)

My sister passed away and her funeral was scheduled for Monday. When I told my Boss, he said she died on purpose so that I would have to miss work on the busiest day of the year. He then asked if we could change her burial to Friday. He said, "That would be better for me."
(Shipping executive, FTD Florists)

"We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)

no photo
Mon 08/04/08 06:40 PM

A little old man shuffled slowly into an ice cream parlor and pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool. After catching his breath, he ordered a banana split.

The waitress asked kindly, "Crushed nuts?"
"No," he replied, "Arthritis."

no photo
Mon 08/04/08 06:31 PM
Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to
get a physical. A few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm.

A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, "You're really doing great, aren't you?"
Morris replied, "Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mamma and be cheerful.'"

The doctor said, "I didn't say that. What I said was, 'You've got a heart murmur; be careful!

no photo
Sun 08/03/08 07:42 PM
After nearly 45 years of marriage, a couple was lying in bed one evening, when the wife felt her husband, begin to massage her in ways he hadn't in quite some time.

It almost tickled as his fingers started at her neck, and then began moving down past the small of her back. He then caressed her shoulders and neck, slowly worked his hand down, stopping just over her stomach.

He then proceeded to place his hand on her left inner arm, working down her side, passing gently over her buttock and down her leg to her calf.

Then, he proceeded up her thigh, stopping just at the uppermost portion of her leg. He continued in the same manner on her right side, then suddenly stopped, rolled over and became silent.

As she had become quite aroused by this caressing, she asked in a loving voice, 'Honey, that was wonderful. Why did you stop?'

To which he responded:

"I found the remote."

no photo
Sun 08/03/08 07:01 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Purina Diet

I was in Wal-Mart buying a large bag of Purina for my dogs and was in line to check out. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog........ Duh!

I was feeling a bit crabby so on impulse, I told her no, I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care unit with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IV's in both arms. Her eyes about bugged out of her head.
I went on and on with the bogus diet story and she was totally buying it I told her that it was an easy, inexpensive diet and that the way it works is to load your pockets or purse with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The package said the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a tall guy behind her.

Horrified, she asked if something in the dog food had poisoned me and was that why I ended up in the hospital.

I said no.....I'd been sitting in the street licking my butt when a car hit me.

I thought the tall guy was going to have to be carried out the door

no photo
Sat 08/02/08 04:24 PM
Three women friends, one in a casual relationship, one engaged to be married and one a long-time wife, met for drinks after work. The conversation eventually drifted towards how best to spice up their sex lives.

After much discussion, they decided to surprise their men by engaging in some S&M role playing.

The following week they met up again to compare notes. Sipping her drink, the single girl leered and said, "Last Friday at the end of the work day I went to my boyfriend's office wearing a leather coat. When all the other people had left, I slipped out of it and all I had on was a leather bodice,black stockings and stiletto heels. He was so aroused that we made mad passionate love on his desk right then and there!"

The engaged woman giggled and said, "That's pretty much my story! When my fiancee got home last Friday, he found me waiting for him in a black mask, leather bodice, black hose and stiletto pumps. He was so turned on that we not only made love all night, he wants to move up our wedding date!

The married woman put her glass down and said, "I did a lot of planning. I made arrangements for the kids to stay over at Grandma's. I took a long scented-oil bath and then put on my best perfume. I slipped into a tight leather bodice, a black garter belt, black stockings and six-inch stilettos. I finished it off with a black mask, ready for action.

When my husband got home from work, he grabbed a beer and the remote, sat down and yelled, "Hey, Batman, what's for dinner?"

no photo
Fri 08/01/08 02:05 PM
I have accidently hit the mute button on my keyboard, you might want to check that.

no photo
Fri 08/01/08 01:26 PM
Proverbs R us.
A first grade teacher had twenty-five students
in her class and she presented each child in
her class the first half of a well known proverb
and asked them to come up with the
remainder of the proverb. It's hard to believe
these were actually done by first graders.
Their insight may surprise you. While reading
these keep in mind that these are first graders,
6-year-olds, because the last one is classic!

1 Don't change horses...............................
until they stop running.

2. Strike while the...........................................
bug is close.

3. Its always darkest before.......................
Daylight Saving Time.

4. Never underestimate the power of......
termites.

5. You can lead a horse to water but.................
how?

6. Don't bite the hand that..... looks dirty.

7. No news is.................impossible.

8 A miss is as good as a....................................
Mister.

9. You can't teach an old dog new ..................
math.

10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll ...............
stink in the morning.

11. Love all, trust ............................................
me.

12. The pen is mightier than the.......................
pigs.

13. An idle mind is.....................................
the best way to relax.

14. Where there's smoke there's......
pollution.

15. Happy the bride who...gets all the presents.

16. A penny saved is ............................................
not much.

17. Two's company, three's ..............................
the Musketeers.

18. Don't put off till tomorrow what...........
you put on to go to bed.

19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with
you, cry....... and you have to blow your nose.

20. There are none so blind as......
Stevie Wonder.

21. Children should be seen and not ......
spanked or grounded.

22. If at first you don't succeed................
get new batteries.

23. You get out of something only what you........
see in the picture on the box.

24. When the blind lead the blind .......................
get out of the way.

..... and the WINNER!

25. Better late than............pregnant.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25