Community > Posts By > Gwendolyn2009

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Wed 09/07/11 06:10 PM
Come on, dude! Poetry is not about forcing rhyming words together!

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Wed 09/07/11 06:09 PM

The streetweary former ash addict looked down the barrel of a
decaying and rancid wrap of filter paper stuffed with southern
fried clippings. Irregular yellow stains at the borders
of the burnt edge were close to matching some of his front teeth.
He spit the acrid thing out where it fell to earth staining the
puddle on the sidewalk instead. Its hot red top sizzled suddenly black.
The foul thing unwrapped itself slowly spilling its brown guts.

"Something's gotta change", he thought, while he slowly exhaled and
a wave of poisonous mist licked his 5 o'clock shadow. He looked down
as he always did on these occasions and closed his eyes. The
last traces of useless drug swirled away lost forever in the
smell of ci

Hmmm . . . definitely better than the forced verses of the other poems that I have read in this forum.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Wed 09/07/11 06:08 PM
The rhyme is a bit forced--poetry should flow and not grope for words.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Wed 09/07/11 06:07 PM
If one is to rehash what has already been written a hundred times, it must be fresh and creative, eh? Cat Stevens said it better in the song "Moonshadow":

"And if I ever lose my legs, I won't moan, and I won't beg,
Yes if I ever lose my legs, Oh if.... I won't have to walk no more.
And if I ever lose my mouth, all my teeth, north and south,
Yes if I ever lose my mouth, Oh if.... I won't have to talk..."

While there is nothing new to say, how it is said is everything.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Sat 08/06/11 06:53 AM

And the truth is exposed....

People will one day completely discredit the Bible as mostly a work of fiction and discover how it was rewritten. It will be discovered that Abraham was a fictional character, as well as his so-called descendants. That is when all of the Abrahamic religions of the world will fall apart and the true lineage of the Jewish people will be discovered, because they certainly can't be God's chosen people when this happens.

So in this way, the Jews and the Abrahamic religions are co-dependent on each other in the desire to prevent the truth from being known.

This chipping away of the lies we have been told for centuries is happening now.

No need to loose your belief in God, if you have one. But we have been lied to.

Actually, a lot of people in myth were real characters, but the circumstances of their lives are highly exaggerated and blown out of proportion.

An Abraham most likely lived; he might have even tried sacrificing his son (it was not an uncommon practice), yet angels didn't visit him and his wife didn't give birth when she was an ancient woman.

For centuries, people believed the city of Troy was mythic, but now, we know it existed. This does not mean that the Iliad is nonfiction: it just means that Troy was a real city.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Sat 08/06/11 06:50 AM

God is not the boss of me because I have free will.

You cannot deny the existence of a super natural power. He was the one who gave u "Free Will".

I can not only deny the existence of a supernatural power, but no one can prove the existence of said power. In fact, disbelief is not so much of a denial as it is a flat statement.

As for freewill, we are bound by the conventions of the society in which we live. If we choose to break the mores/ethics of said society, then we also choose the penalties that come with disobeying. That is still freewill (reaction to an action and consequences for choice), but largely, we are written: we do not write.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Sat 08/06/11 06:46 AM
Yes.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Sat 08/06/11 06:45 AM
OP, your misogynistic view of women clearly shows why you are still single. Your spouting of woman hating rhetoric at least allows women on this dating site to identify you and leave you alone.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Fri 03/25/11 01:35 PM
Only if he were in a coma for three days. If he were truly dead, nah.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Fri 03/25/11 01:34 PM
What you are doing is "sister fun."

People who allow others to rate them, though, are looking for ego boosts.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Fri 03/25/11 01:30 PM
Edited by Gwendolyn2009 on Fri 03/25/11 01:32 PM
If you have to ask other people's opinions, you shouldn't do it. A person should never seek validation from others (especially strangers) for their actions.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Wed 03/09/11 07:52 PM

turns out that "Thou Shalt not Kill" is a mistranslation

what it really say is "Thou Shalt not Murder"

Who decides what is "murder" and what is simply "killing"? When the Hebrews left Egypt and went into the land of Canaan and wholesale slaughtered the people there, I am sure the Jews didn't think it was murder, but I bet the other people did.

When Hitler massacred 6 million Jews, Gypsies, mentally and physically handicapped individuals and other ethnicities, I doubt that he thought of it as "murder," but that isn't what millions of other people thought.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Wed 03/09/11 07:47 PM
I have four degrees, including a Master's Degree in British Literature and Creative Writing.

My other claim to fame is getting suspended from these forums for being condescending and patronizing because, in part, I told people that I have degrees to give myself "credentials" when I made statements.

I wonder if I will get kicked off because I mentioned this in a "bragging" forum?

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Tue 03/08/11 02:36 PM
Edited by Gwendolyn2009 on Tue 03/08/11 02:38 PM
A load of crap.

No offense.

Of course it is--so are all the platitudes that religions give. However, many seem to be solaced by such aphorisms, eh?

By the way, saying
Sometimes I feel bad about killing roaches because they have been around for longer than humans.

is a load of crap, as well.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Mon 03/07/11 08:47 PM
Although I don't believe in a deity and I don't buy into what I am going to tell you, OP, here it goes . . .

God will use you as the instrument of his "time." If a pet is suffering and you decide to euthanize it, you are merely doing what god planned for you to do.

Look at it this way--if god is truly in control, then acting in goodwill and ceasing suffering will not be against that plan.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Mon 03/07/11 08:41 PM
Do you mean religions still being practiced?

If so, Hinduism.

If not, the oldest recorded religions would have to be those of Egypt and Sumeria. Since these two countries invented writing almost concurrently, they were the first to record their religious beliefs and practices.

Before writing, there is iconography from the Paleolithic and Neolithic, as Abra said, but we can only guess at the meaning.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Fri 02/25/11 04:41 PM
when u wipe do u fold the tp or wad it why

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Mon 02/07/11 02:17 PM
No.

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Sun 02/06/11 09:09 PM
Just curious, OP, are you writing a thesis on cheese?

Gwendolyn2009's photo
Sun 02/06/11 08:34 PM
(I know...I am about to get reamed for improper use of the term "Draconianly"...thank God I ain't gotta use it in proper context to suite the tastes of a bitter and condescending teacher who is gonna judge me even though I ain't in her class)......oh crap..I bet I was wrong on that......

No worries, Krupa. Since you consistently stoop to ad hominem, personal insults instead of offering concrete criticism, this will be the last missive that I direct at you.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15