Community > Posts By > tulip2633

tulip2633's photo
Mon 01/11/16 10:05 AM
I got my cat scan results today. Unfortunately, the news was bad. Cancer is so smart and developed a resistance to my medicine. So it's going in the wrong direction.

Were going to try a new treatment, though. I just have to tell myself this is ground zero and here I start anew.

I had a terrible anxiety attack when I told my children (not my youngest) this morning. I could hardly breathe. But I took some rest.

I don't really feel like posting on this thread for a little while. I think making fun of Mr.Trump would cheer me up the best or other post like that, that I make. I'm already starting to smile now.

Lololololol.

Thanks you guys!

:heart:

tulip2633's photo
Sun 01/10/16 03:50 PM
You go to work
Come home and slave
So tell me now
What's for dinner, babe?

rofl

tulip2633's photo
Sun 01/10/16 02:17 PM
Edited by tulip2633 on Sun 01/10/16 02:18 PM
THIS JUST IN!!!

Actual photo surfaces of Donald Trump mocking the disabled reporter.

Trump then heard saying,

"I want you to vote for me, you @ssholes!"

(pause and crazy eyes)

"Queen Elizabeth is a man! Prince Charles is a fagg@t! Winston Churchill was full of sh#t! Shakespeare was French!"

(pause and bewildered look)

"Don't you think you should vote for me?"

laugh bigsmile

tulip2633's photo
Sun 01/10/16 01:24 PM
rofl rofl rofl

tulip2633's photo
Sun 01/10/16 01:21 PM
Wishing for the best possible outcome. Stay strong!

:heart:

tulip2633's photo
Sun 01/10/16 01:09 PM
Happy Birthday, JOE!

Make a wish!

laugh

tulip2633's photo
Fri 01/08/16 07:59 AM

I've never asked and won't ,guess I'm old school

Nah. You just have a sense of self-preservation. :tongue:

rofl

tulip2633's photo
Fri 01/08/16 07:49 AM
I don't think I figured the whole love thing out yet. I thought I found love love in my last 2 relationships. They were about 7 years each.

But when we broke up, we went out separate ways, neither of us really fighting to get back together.

I'll try again one day, I'm not giving up. Who wants to grow old alone? I don't.

tulip2633's photo
Fri 01/08/16 07:37 AM
For me, no bother. It doesn't make me feel like I need to jump into a relationship. But I already have children.

Maybe someone who wants to start a family and start having kids may feel that way.

tulip2633's photo
Fri 01/08/16 07:25 AM

Maybe we're the subjects of the alien's experiment and the aliens are just monitoring the results. We've gone wrong in so many ways, especially with everything centered around money and war.

Our kind is in a cycle that we are unable to get out of. I think we are a big fail. We just haven't advanced. We're up to the same thing we've been up to since we were created. Not much change there.

:alien: :alien: :alien:

And that I totally do not agree with. A shame you see it that way.
We've come so far, grown so much as a species, and since approx 2000-2005 we are evolving and ascending at an exponentially higher speed, and it keeps going faster.
It has been predicted by some that by 2032 much of the world will be quite different -in a good way of course- and the speed at which people are growing and changing, I think we are indeed going to see that happen by that time. By 2050 most of the world should be at peace and a much happier place.
I'm 84 by then (holy crap!!) so I could witness that. I sure as heck hope so!

That's just the way I see it. World peace - I can't stop laughing about that one.

Good one, Crystal! Keep dreaming. We are not capable of that.

rofl

Love you more!

I'm not dreaming, I'm observing and feeling.
Just look in the eyes of a new born or a toddler about 1 yr old. You will see it. They're like a different species.
They shine, they glow, they are different and when they grow up, they will do things in a completely different way.
Even when you look at recent history, you can see the changes and growth. And it's pretty d@rned amazing to then see just how fast things are evolving! It's a beautiful process and I'm really happy to be part of it :)

I totally see where you coming from. You always have a nice perspective about things. Especially, in your art as well.

flowers

tulip2633's photo
Fri 01/08/16 07:18 AM
The duh in Canada. That was so funny, sojourning!

rofl

Made me laugh out loud.

The only thing I notice lately is gas for me is 2.86 a gallon. surprised then I get .25 to .30 cents off that (discount from my food store). So like 2.50 a gallon.

tulip2633's photo
Fri 01/08/16 06:46 AM
rofl rofl rofl

tulip2633's photo
Fri 01/08/16 06:33 AM
Happy friday! This post is for anyone on the last page or so that's having a rough day!

Hope things get better!

Don't let people get you down, Pink, Mel, Em. Wishing good things for you guys!

Congrats on quitting smoking, Tanya.

flowers for everyone!

tulip2633's photo
Fri 01/08/16 06:20 AM
Edited by tulip2633 on Fri 01/08/16 06:21 AM
So glad to see you posting. I read your thread a while ago and was hoping you are okay. I've never posted on it but am going through similar situation.

So happy things are in check for you and you're getting married. Gives me hope!

tulip2633's photo
Fri 01/08/16 05:58 AM

Yeah I consider those the copy and paste pro's.
I do two things when I receive email from someone I don't know
I right click photo and scan it...
I then click their profile and that usually tells me a lot.

When I was single it was like Next....

What do you mean "scan it"? I've never seen that option on the cascade menu.

You can do a reverse image lookup to see if the photo is elsewhere on the internet.

Tineye.com is popular site for this.

tulip2633's photo
Thu 01/07/16 10:51 PM

I think a problem arises when the woman is captured and inevitably, repeatedly raped. The enemy, these days, has a very low opinion of women.

Do both genders get training for that situation?

What makes you think the men don't get raped? I won't argue that a woman has a higher chance of that happening than a man, but trust me, it has happened and far more often than you would think; and for all the very same reasons that women get raped (not physical pleasure).

there is NO training that can be given to prepare ANY person for the possibility of rape, outside of raping the person yourself.

You also say "inevitably" raped. I hate to burst your bubble, but if you look at the captured female soldiers (or non military females that are captured and held as hostages) there have been very few, rapes. Again, I won't say it has never happened, but it is still extremely rare.

You need to stop listening to horror stories and start looking for facts. One of which is very simply, more female soldiers are raped by our own men than they are by the enemy. And the answer to resolve that is transparency and punishment for the rapist, not the victim.

You are reading way too much into my personal OPINION. I find it pointless to respond to you.

Not that I couldn't slam you to the ground with a response; I'm just not up to it.

:laughing:

First, I have to ask, why the aggression? I have done nothing to warrant aggression from you or anyone else ;-)

As far as your comment that I am reading too into your personal opinion and then refusal to say how, I will ask specifically, how am I reading too much into your personal opinion?

Your opinion very specifically states that there is a problem when a woman is captured and eventually raped, as if it only happens to women and happens all the time. You also ask if both genders receive training on how to deal with rape (which I understood to be training on how to deal with it before it has happened), which I explained there is no such thing.

Finally, you say you feel it is pointless to respond to me (and then get aggressive), but in the end you did respond (in a way)...

So I am asking, how am I reading too much into your opinion?

Totally not reading that.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

And yet you obviously read it to know that I asked you for an explanation ;-)

No I didn't.

:banana:

tulip2633's photo
Thu 01/07/16 10:40 PM

I think a problem arises when the woman is captured and inevitably, repeatedly raped. The enemy, these days, has a very low opinion of women.

What makes you think the men don't get raped? I won't argue that a woman has a higher chance of that happening than a man, but trust me, it has happened and far more often than you would think; and for all the very same reasons that women get raped (not physical pleasure).

there is NO training that can be given to prepare ANY person for the possibility of rape, outside of raping the person yourself.

You also say "inevitably" raped. I hate to burst your bubble, but if you look at the captured female soldiers (or non military females that are captured and held as hostages) there have been very few, rapes. Again, I won't say it has never happened, but it is still extremely rare.

You need to stop listening to horror stories and start looking for facts. One of which is very simply, more female soldiers are raped by our own men than they are by the enemy. And the answer to resolve that is transparency and punishment for the rapist, not the victim.

You are reading way too much into my personal OPINION. I find it pointless to respond to you.

Not that I couldn't slam you to the ground with a response; I'm just not up to it.

First, I have to ask, why the aggression? I have done nothing to warrant aggression from you or anyone else ;-)

As far as your comment that I am reading too into your personal opinion and then refusal to say how, I will ask specifically, how am I reading too much into your personal opinion?

Your opinion very specifically states that there is a problem when a woman is captured and eventually raped, as if it only happens to women and happens all the time. You also ask if both genders receive training on how to deal with rape (which I understood to be training on how to deal with it before it has happened), which I explained there is no such thing.

Finally, you say you feel it is pointless to respond to me (and then get aggressive), but in the end you did respond (in a way)...

So I am asking, how am I reading too much into your opinion?

Totally not reading that.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

tulip2633's photo
Thu 01/07/16 10:39 PM

at the base seems to be whether we have a blanket belief in men being stronger than women or not...

in the past, I have believed in INDIVIDUAL assessment,
for instance, I believe that the 'monster' theory whenever a male puts his hands on a woman aggressively is BUNK,, unless woman is just as much a 'monster' when she does the same to a man

I believe if you are grown and put your hands on someone, you don't get to be a 'victim' if they return the favor, whatever sex you are

,,,consistent with that, it seems to me that IF and when they find females that can truly hang with the boys,,, there shouldn't be a reason to exclude THAT female,,,

still, no one has answered my question... why do men and women have separate leagues in ALL sports? this includes non-sports, like diving, pool, darts, even ribbon twirling... any takers on this?

Very simply because the older generations are all pigs who think that the different genders are not capable of competing against each other. Thankfully Nature has an answer for that and it can not be argued against ;-)
Sure it can be argued against...men and women can compete against each other....but men would kill them....And it IS nature....well, simple biology,actually..a subject you seemingly failed in high school...

"" Men are physically stronger than
women, who have, on average, less total
muscle mass, both in absolute terms and
relative to total body mass. The greater
muscle mass of men is the result of
testosterone-induced muscular hypertrophy.
Men also have denser, stronger bones,
tendons, and ligaments.

Men have greater cardiovascular
reserve, with larger hearts, greater lung
volume per body mass, a higher red blood
cell count, and higher haemoglobin. They
also have higher circulating clotting factors,
which leads to faster healing of wounds.""
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hide-and-seek/201207/the-battle-the-sexes

Now dont make me break that down and explain how it makes men better at actual combat than women...itlll ruin that "know it all" facade youre trying to project.

and yet again you show how sexist you truly are. Get it through your head, more muscle does not mean more competent. More muscle, does not mean better suited. You get hit by a bullet you are gonna bleed and possibly die, depending on where you get hit, JUST THE SAME AS A WOMAN. Someone breaks through the lines and jabs you with a bayonette, you are still going to bleed and die, same as a woman.
rofl A woman CANT hump a hill better than a man can....a woman cant run faster than a man can when a Marine needs more ammo QUICKLY...a woman CANT drag a Marines wounded azz to safety better than a man can.
I could go on and on but you and your agenda bore me. People with ideas like yours get Marines killed....period.
Carry on with your freakin fantasy and keep ignoring basic FACTS in pursuit of your politically correct bull$hit

It's not about who can do it better. it's about whether or not a person can do it within a reasonable standard of time and performance. YOU have no business ever having been in the military by your own words and standards, because I guaruntee there was someone better than you, more physically fit, more capable; you were not perfect and SOMEONE was better. Thus YOU did not meet the requirements because YOU could not do it as well as he did.

What's that? Not relevent? Completely different? You COULD do it WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME AND SET OF STANDARDS?

Guess what? That's a double standard, it's defined as discrimination, and when you use it to claim men are better than women, even just in certain things, it makes you sexist.

That just made my night!

rofl rofl rofl

tulip2633's photo
Thu 01/07/16 10:28 PM

tulip2633's photo
Thu 01/07/16 02:40 PM

Oh Tulip
You are not going to believe this o have just finished a coffee date with this guy who wouldn't shut up. He was so negative interrupted me. Everything was negative. Culture, people.
He knew everything I mean everything, girl. He was right and didn't care what you said.
I thought hell dude I can talk but come on even I know when to shut up.
Get this he expected me to buy him a coffee.
He was demanding, controlling and a right pain in the arse.
The things that were being said in my mind.
I tried to think of ways to get out of it.
This is the worse one I have had.
He wanted me to drop everything and run after him.
What the heck I ain't you moma. he said not many like to date home after they meet
Man you wouldn't believe how hard I had to hold my tongue. It was soooooo painful.
But at the end of the day I walked away with class. I didn't stand him up.
Lol men why do we need them again.
PS I thought of mingle most of the time and was wondering what every one was doing.
How how bad is that?

OMG! Shaking my head in awe that you withstood that horror! laugh

I can't believe he expected you to pay for coffee....what a d!ck!

I think drool would start coming out my mouth from pure boredom, then I would vomit a little and have to swallow it. laugh laugh

Oh, I'm not looking forward to dating now. Maybe, I'll wait till 2017! Hehehehe!

In the mean time, I got a cat scan this week. I get the results on Monday to see if my tumors shrunk some more.

I have to get chemotherapy again all next week so I'm just relaxing and pigging out till then. Its so hard to eat on chemo. Your mouth gets so raw. You have to force feed yourself. Mind over matter.

Don't give up though, he's out there somewhere. I just know it!!

Stay sweet!

:beer:

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25