Community > Posts By > Zazanna

no photo
Mon 05/25/09 01:41 PM

Apathy - being unwilling to take a chance or let go of the past and embrace the future.

That's it.:smile:

Yes I agree with this one also. I know its somewhat cliche but the old adage that "the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" is still true in my mind at least. Hate is an emotion that requires passion not unlike love and it also means that you feel strongly enough about the hated individual to muster that emotion from within yourself. explode

Apathy requires zero effort. It just means that the person means nothing or doesn't bother you enough to even sway you one way or another. indifferent

no photo
Mon 05/25/09 01:31 PM
I personally dont like the way liquid foundations feel on my skin. I hear tell that the mineral based powder make ups are much better and not so heavy/waxy.

no photo
Mon 05/25/09 12:56 PM
I just saw advertised on the History Channel tonight is a show called "The Link" and it will be all about IDA if anyone is interested just tossing it out there. happy

no photo
Mon 05/25/09 11:00 AM

One of my good friends does her makeup so well, you would never guess she was wearing it but it's alot.

I like the natural look, a litle bit is okay I guess.

Thats actually the principle behind it to enhance what you have, not to cover it with gook or try to conceal it entirely. The idea is too look better but not as if you are wearing cosmetics.

no photo
Mon 05/25/09 09:30 AM
I went to that site called "Is it down or just me" and this site was coming up "its just you" but then I sent a message to a friend on here to their direct email and realized it was acting the same way for them. It wasnt totally down but just taking forever to load. I figured they were recoding this and that.

no photo
Mon 05/25/09 06:17 AM
Im more of a hopscotch kind of gal. blushing

no photo
Mon 05/25/09 04:56 AM
Yes! By all means give YAZ a try first and then proceed to more drastic measures if it does not have the desired effect. A tubal ligation is a serious medical procedure and then you will probably be dealing with all kinds of issues that are far worse than PMDD. It seems like throwing the baby out with the bathwater if I have the correct analogy. :tongue:

no photo
Mon 05/25/09 03:46 AM

No I wasn't talking about a hysterectomy or getting my tubes tied because both of those would neither work or be unnecessary. My mom had a hysterectomy because she had a tumor for 10 years that was misdiagnosed (I was adopted because she couldn't have kids). I'm talking about a different kind of procedure where they burn/laser or something (not sure what it's called) but mom told me about it. I definitely need it because unlike what Rapunzel says I suffer severely already and if I can get the surgery where I no longer have periods and cannot get pregnant (which is my goal anyway) then I will be a lot better off than I am right now. Right now my periods are affecting my everyday life as well as my schooling. Sometimes you have to mess with the body in order to make it better (8 knee surgeries is living proof of this).

It sounds like you are talking about a "tubal ligation." Tubal ligation is a permanent form of female sterilization, in which the fallopian tubes are severed and sealed or "pinched shut", in order to prevent fertilization. Hormone production, libido, and the menstrual cycle can be affected by a tubal ligation. Its a drastic step and you are a young woman. I understand if you have decided not to have children and thats perfectly acceptable. Just make certain you understand all of the possible side effects of this major procedure. There might be benefits but the detrimental effects could end up outweighing any possible improvements in the PMDD.

Have you asked your GYN about YAZ?

no photo
Mon 05/25/09 02:51 AM
I think it really becomes a "how important to you is this" situation. If your personal spirituality (regardless of what that might entail) is something that you feel the need to see mirrored in others then chances are attaching yourself to an atheist or an agnostic or a person of another faith other than your own is just asking for turmoil. Not everyone makes this a requirement but some people certainly do.

no photo
Mon 05/25/09 02:09 AM

I like the dancin banana but this one huh by far is my favorite. Its very often appropriate when trying to decipher the intended meaning behind someone's post. happy

I wouldn't read too much into THIS thread. It's a roll call for all the night owls. Some of us are just insomniacs (drug induced or otherwise) and some (like myself) are night shifters, working all night.

And bananas are just bananas...

huh

no photo
Sun 05/24/09 02:36 AM
I like the dancin banana but this one huh by far is my favorite. Its very often appropriate when trying to decipher the intended meaning behind someone's post. happy

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 04:19 PM
"If you are going to lie, you better have a really excellent memory."

Judge Judy

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 03:55 PM
Some of it has SPF so thats a good idea, especially if you live in a sunny area. I must admit that Im too lazy to apply it most of the time and I dont have the kind of job where it is realistic to do that. I wear the light reflecting concealer sometimes when I dont get enough sleep. ohwell It works wonders that stuff! Im using Prescriptives right now. :tongue:

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 03:16 PM
I figured they had some kind of system of checks and balances. Where it might get to be difficult is if a given topic has numerous differences of opinions etc...I guess as long as they identify each one, it can stay. Like an example would be Sasquatch or Bigfoot. Im sure that is listed on Wikipedia but there must be all kinds of different takes on something like that.

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 03:02 PM

What is the point of being??? Is it simply to live breed and die???

Some would say that that question is the point.

A ha! I think that might be pretty darn close to a viable answer! happy

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 02:53 PM

Thank you Abracadabra drinker

I'm going to confess my ignorance and say that I've never even heard of the word Solipsism before. I'm checking it out on wikipedia now and it seems it is exactly what I'm on about. I know wikipedia isn't 100% trustworthy; if you know of a more reliable source of info on this subject I'd be glad to hear about it.

Its not that Wikipedia is unreliable but anyone can add to it so its about as trustworthy as when you post something here and a billion people answer with their own opinions, knowledge and experience on a particular topic. Unless you know for certain that someone answering here is a verifiable expert on a particular subject matter, then I would always do some double checking.

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 02:47 PM

I remember imitating smoking cigarretes as a child. They had a pack of cigarretes for children that were actually bubble gum instead.

After you got tired imitating you could chew on the cigarrete and blow bubbles.

I think they took those off the shelfs though one day for it was said it encouraged young children to become smokers laterdrinker

I remember those also. I think they did pull them off the market for that very reason. It was like a little speck of powdered sugar that was very light weight so when you blew on it, it appeared as a puff of smoke off the the other end.

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 02:39 PM
I hear ya. Im perfectly at ease with spiritual men however but I tend to avoid those that enjoy inflicting the gospel on anyone who will listen.

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 01:46 PM
Mmmm, garlic breath. laugh Unless you are dating a vampire I doubt that will escalate into much of a problem but people seem to be capable of turning molehills into mountains with the greatest of ease on these dating sites. happy

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 12:35 PM
Edited by Zazanna on Sat 05/23/09 12:36 PM
Im an ex smoker but Ive quit now long enough that I can be around current smokers and its not a deal breaker. The smell is very strong however and its constantly in your clothes, hair, mouth so I can see how a person who greatly dislikes the odor can not endure it in a relationship. They should not go out of their way to notify you of this though. If you message them first, thats another story. People can be strange.