Community > Posts By > Zazanna

no photo
Thu 05/28/09 04:40 AM
Well my guess is its simply a cultural differentiation. In the US, we tend to objectify women and perceive them as sexual beings on their own merit.

Woman represents human sexuality and all that it entails good and bad.

Thats what I would guess if I had to propose a reason for this. If you went to another country where there is less fear instilled into people of same gender love and expression in general, then you might get a very different response when you pose this question.

no photo
Thu 05/28/09 03:52 AM

for me it is not natural...what i'm pointing out is the definition of marriage...not the act...like I've said before...in time it will be legal in all 50 states...:cry:

I just don't see why it matters so much. No one is trying to force you or others to marry the same sex. It should not be an issue at all.

in all honesty...I think it takes time...for lots of people to except that behavior...the thought of two men...yuck !!...and...double yuck !!...my biggest fear...is once it becomes legal and excepted...that lifestyle...will be openly taught and discussed...in our schools...right ?...:cry:

Does it bother you to think about two women being together?

Of course not Winx because that is sexy. But two men together is gross. laugh :wink:

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 04:18 PM
I think the irony is many past civilizations practiced bi-sexuality and that was considered the standard. People wed but they did this very often only to have heirs. There were lesbians and men often had male lovers. The Romans, the Spartans, the list goes on. It would have been considered odd to limit oneself sexually to a gender.

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 04:13 PM
Edited by Zazanna on Wed 05/27/09 04:13 PM
I did not even see them at first! They are camouflaged!

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 02:18 PM

i can assure u being married to a man myself (ofcourse not living in a country with backward laws) it aint no big deal.
oh and it gets taught in our schools with no ill effect.
i do have to say tho that all the years i was taught about hetero lifestyle never made me straight. u CAN'T make someone be what they are not.

exactly, though some think just being around gays will make you gay, always thought that was rather amuzing because in that case I should be straight, not gay.

Does that mean homosexuality is like the flue? I will go get some hand sanitizer. laugh

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 02:12 PM
I dont really think the "heterosexual couples breed" argument can be successfully waged anymore simply because the planet is vastly overpopulated now as it is because people breed with impunity.

So part of the solution would be loving same sex couples who wont reproduce themselves yet will adopt some of these children that end up being brutally abused in foster care very often. Not all gay/lesbian married couples want to start families but it seems many do. That's in fact part of the reason some want to marry to begin with.

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 12:12 PM

Mine is - Judge everybody and treat them all like crap

Right! Also be certain to criticize things you dont know about! laugh

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 12:08 PM
And whats wrong with a gay couple either two men or two lesbian lovers who opt to adopt an unwanted child in foster care? Now what could possibility be the problem there? huh

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 12:01 PM
Probably just a tribal band in black on upper arm. Maybe dark green but I think black. I dont have any tats now. Nothing crazy.

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 11:52 AM

Gio...I still don't understand how it would effect you though. there are gay couples now. just not legally married. in Texas we have common law marriage...which really isn't any different than a couple

Rose...I was brought up in a strict Catholic family...while you are focusing on the couple...I am focusing on the behavior...which I and many many Americans find abnormal...so...If I belive that behavior is wrong...then why would I want to sanction that behavior by making it legal...

i am also catholic. however, i don't believe that our laws should be based upon religious theology.

i am more concerned with something being ethical than moral, and there is nothing unethical about gay marriage. i would go so far as to argue that it IS unethical to deny said marriage to loving couples or to shove religious values in their direction.

Right on the money Lulu. happy

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 11:12 AM
Im an HR Giger fan. Thats on my bedroom wall.

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 10:06 AM
I will admit I like to watch AI in the very beginning during the try out period when really atrocious people are making their "debuts." happy

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 09:57 AM

See now, I adore Queen.... man Flash Gordon was way better because of Queen. But U2.... sick I can't change the station fast enough.

I hate U2 also and everyone else seems to love them and I cant for the life of me figure out why. They are annoying as all get out and that lead singer is such an arrogant prick.

Im soo glad someone else sees right through it. Journey also...bleh.

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 03:50 AM

Atheists are much more popular than people realize these days. I've met more of them than I have Christians/religious fanatics. I'm a Christian but very open-minded to other people's ideas. Because of what I've endured in my life I've questioned enough times if there really is a God because He never seemed to be there when I needed Him. And I also agree with RandomTandem when he stated "Who says any religion is correct/true?" I get sick of different denominations trying to claim that they are right and the others are wrong. Who cares who is right or wrong. It's about what works for each person. flowerforyou

Why are there not several million more Christians like you! Bravo! flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 05/27/09 02:33 AM
Edited by Zazanna on Wed 05/27/09 02:33 AM
That makes perfect sense. Im not sure about Obama but he strikes me as a very liberal Christian. For all we know he could be an Agnostic. People very often wear labels because they have always worn them and they are afraid not to wear them and in his case, it was necessary to become president. However not all Christians are opposed to research being conducted with the help of infant stem cells and that was the position Obama took.

no photo
Tue 05/26/09 03:22 PM

Humans just don't like to not know. I guess it comes down to whether you need an answer now to get you through life or you are the type that will always be searching. To each their own. We all have to make sense of this world in our own way. We should not pile our views on anyone else but keep an open mind. Ain't that why we love where we live.
I agree. I find many times my answer to something is I don't know, its ok to be uncertain. I feel too often religion has issues with uncertainty.

Yes I agree. Sometimes I feel that people who are strongly opposed to evolutionary theory due to their religious beliefs tend to feel that way about anything that is not 100% defined and spelled out for them. They would much prefer just having a book that professes to have all the answers and that way there is no room for scary ape stuff.

no photo
Tue 05/26/09 02:22 PM

My child goes to a Christian school. This year the science teacher told them that there was no such thing as evolution. They skipped that chapter in the science book. He said that it's the way that the devil works. He wanted them to not believe in evolution so God would know that they are Christians.frustrated

noway

no photo
Tue 05/26/09 01:34 PM

No matter which side you choose to believe it would be foolish to not, at least, consider both as possible. Science is not 100% fool proof and based mostly on speculation as creationism is based on a book written by a guy named "Dave". Why does everything always have to be one or the other ,why not both.

You make an excellent point. In my mind evolution is pretty much irrefutable. They just keep layering evidence atop more evidence. Its like dropping a pencil and acknowledging gravity at this point. However that does mean that some sort of creator force did not initiate life on this planet and use biological evolution as a mechanism to bring about that result. I see absolutely no conflict there but I guess thats just me. Hopefully its not just me though.

no photo
Tue 05/26/09 12:35 PM

well, everyone who helped me this morning and after I told her my Older brother is a police officer in AZ. Which is the truth. I haven't gotten any emails from "her" So this person was a fake. Everyone, I was emailing from a woman from a diffrent website this weekend and I thought she was going to be the great true love for me. Guess not. Really sucks. It was a SCAM.

Im going to offer you a little advice. If you meet someone online that you really like and are hitting it off, ask them to get a webcam. You should have one also and that way you can see one another in real time. Its not out of line to ask someone to do this for you because webcams are cheap cheap now. You can get one on Ebay for sometimes under $20 with free shipping. I will just cam with people once I get to know them a little better. Its also fun. Good luck.

no photo
Tue 05/26/09 12:26 PM
Thanks. I actually did have to do a search online and Kent Hovind seemed to be the big creationist and he was coming up in the searches but he's in prison now for tax evasion. I guess there are other creationist scientists but Im just not aware of their names. He seems to also be the subject of much criticism and controversy and not just from the scientific community. Other Creationists find him a bit disruptive and not the best poster boy for their mission.