Community > Posts By > Zazanna

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 03:46 PM
Snow cones are awesome although now when I try to eat one, it hurts my teeth a lot more since I have adult dental work. As a kid, my teeth were all pristine and intact. happy I still love em on a hot day though. They have all kinds of flavors now like Pina Colada and passion fruit...more sophisticated ones.

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 05:18 AM

I think it's like the big three auto company question, it's a matter of which fits your particular needs, aptitudes and aesthetic preferences.
I own both, I prefer the Macs.

Exactly. That's what I was eluding to by applications. How I have it explained to me is Macs tend to be aesthetically more pleasing so if your goal is to be working with graphics, then probably the Mac investment is worthwhile. I could be wrong though so thats why Im asking. Im thinking of going HP on my next computer but I have not decided. A friend of mine got an HP and he is thrilled with it.

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 04:04 AM
Macs are too expensive and they seem impractical. I suppose if you are working with graphics and video editing etc.. then a Mac is better? What do people feel are applications that a Mac is better suited for as opposed to a PC?

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 03:55 AM

s new Pancreas and Kidney so i can get rid of this diabetes!

Are you a Type 1? They are working on that now. You can get involved in a study if you are interested.

i'm insulin dependent

Check out the Juvenile Diabetes Research Institute website because they are really needing Type 1s right now. I understand if you dont want to feel like a guinea pig but you can always opt out at any time. They dont force people to stay in the tests.

Eventually they will be able to replicate the destroyed Beta cells but then there is the issue of how to keep the immune system from just doing the same thing with the new cells. Its like a wire thats been tripped.

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 03:41 AM
Yes and no. Currently there is no test for it. That does not mean there will never be a test for it. The test they are developing now involves measurements of how elusive high-energy particles scatter during particle collisions. Most physicists believe those collisions will be observable at the Large Hadron Collider, a subatomic particle collider.

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 08:50 PM
laugh

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 02:04 PM
Mr.Clean looks like he's done time so the smart money is there....

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 11:57 AM

Hippasus, a disciple of Pythagoras, showed that the diagonal of a unit square was incommensurable with its (unit-length) edge: in other words he proved there was no existing (rational) number that accurately depicts the proportion of the diagonal of the unit square to its edge. This caused a significant re-evaluation of Greek philosophy of mathematics. According to legend, fellow Pythagoreans were so traumatised by this discovery that they murdered Hippasus to stop him from spreading his heretical idea.

Yep I can imagine. Unfortunately many mathematicians would be sentenced to death. A lot of these discoveries were too difficult for people to comprehend and they upset the natural balance or what the perception of the natural balance was at the time so it was easier to imprison or kill people.

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 11:30 AM

I'm a Cancer crab. Do me wrong and I'll pinch you.

My bro is a cancer crab and he's a notorious pincher so I can vouch for that characteristic. laugh

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 11:18 AM

s new Pancreas and Kidney so i can get rid of this diabetes!

Are you a Type 1? They are working on that now. You can get involved in a study if you are interested.

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 11:05 AM
Sakuntala Devi from India. A real mathematical genius.
Just for the display of her talent once she was given a randomly written 102 digit number and was asked to find its 31st root she managed to find it out in 55 seconds where as the most advanced of the super computers at her time took 1 complete minute to solve the same problem. huh bigsmile Crazy stuff. She wasn't a savant either, just a bad ass.

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 10:54 AM
I dont need to replace any vital organs (yet) but Im glad that Obama has kicked this stem cell research into high gear. It fell into a lull during the Bush administration. I imagine at some point they will be able to generate new pancreas for those that suffer with diabetes and Type 1 specifically. With type 1, the bodies own immune system attacks the insulin producing beta cells. Its different than Type 2 which is more along the lines of older people and obesity.

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 05:58 AM
I agree. Its not as much about the right or wrong of deceiving the kids as having them become upset that their teacher is a homicidal maniac. You know how kids that age can overreact and then if one of them goes home all crying and upset, the parents will get involved. Its better just to alleviate that entire situation by overnighting the tadpoles and starting over.

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 03:36 AM
Im guessing this was one of those habitats where you buy the tadpoles and they arrive in the mail and once they mature to the frog stage, they climb out of the water onto the land? Just buy another and have it overnighted and it will come with new tadpoles. Or you might be able to buy the tadpoles separate. with everything sold online, anthrax and what not, you should be able to acquire some tadpoles. ohwell

no photo
Wed 05/13/09 09:20 PM
I would not go so far as to reject a man based on his astrological sign. I used to think there was nothing to it at all but I have a friend who is really into it and he's caused me to believe there is some supportive evidence for it. But no, I dont go around finding out men's signs and picking and choosing based on that alone. I find its a great ice breaker though.

no photo
Wed 05/13/09 07:10 PM
Uhh, you cooked them I think. I guess thats why tadpoles usually end up in standing water but in the shade...happy noway

no photo
Wed 05/13/09 05:27 PM
Edited by Zazanna on Wed 05/13/09 05:27 PM
With weddings,the sky is really the limit and its completely dependent upon the bride and groom and the theme they are going for. Well, lets be honest here, its usually ALL about the bride and what she wants. happy

no photo
Wed 05/13/09 10:36 AM

With a good stiff drink!

laugh drinker flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 05/13/09 04:36 AM

nope... 5 mph is about all I will push it...

I usually drive within 5 (heck, I have a Jeep, it's not a race car!)

Same here. 5 over is really the absolute most you want to push it. You were also going with the flow of traffic at that point and he was aware of that. He still could have picked one of you out to pull over. You never know what they are doing either or if he was preoccupied with something else. More than one time have I been let go because they get another more pressing emergency call.

no photo
Tue 05/12/09 11:36 PM
Testicularly challenged? huh