WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 05:32 PM
at the end of this month. WoooooHoooo!!! I am Sooo excited!
BUT.............the reason I started this topic is for your advice on TRIED AND TRUE CHICK FLICKS!

What are your favs?
I want some that will make you laugh, cry, get angry, the whole gambit!

One I KNOW I'll take is "Two Week's Notice." What else should I have in my little bag??? Help me out........ rofl scared surprised :thumbsup:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 08/25/08 12:58 AM
I know, I know, I'm late...

But......on the other hand....

I'll be FIRST to tell you happy belated birthday, Sweetie!!

bigsmile

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 07/31/08 05:52 AM
Awwwww, common, thump...just pretend it's a really brightly lit night, and carry on slaphead

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 07/15/08 05:12 AM
In other words, contrary to popular belief, I DON'T know it all. LOL

You've always had such a great outlook on life, olsage!

You're one of my heroes!

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 07/15/08 05:09 AM
Well, I guess at age 51, it is just comforting to know that life can still hold new avenues in which to travel, and that, even I can learn something new. TeeHee bigsmile

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 07/15/08 05:01 AM
that you look so forward to it makes getting up in the morning easy?

Right now, for me, it is the prospect of going back to school.

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 06/30/08 08:12 PM
Don't sweat the small stuff....and that's what he's most likely
got, ya know? :banana:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 05/25/08 05:04 PM
Thank you, Tina. It is tough even in the good times, but the low times are near unbearable.

I so appreciate my friend here and the sounding board afforded me. I really am not throwing a black-tie event pity party. I was just having a couple hour's of weakness.

Thank you for the wisdom, prayers, and encouragement.

flowerforyou

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 05/25/08 04:55 PM
As soon as the order of protection is null and void, I will write this letter and send it to the Arkansas Department of Correction:

"I pray that every time you are raped in prison, you see the face of your daughter and feel the pain she continues to feel today."

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 05/25/08 04:52 PM
Scars, tattoos, and piercings are the road maps of the directions our lives have taken. Having said all that, I'd like less junk in my trunk, because it, too, tells a lot bigger story than I would like told. :wink:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 05/25/08 04:45 PM
Dragoness: Thanks for the encouragement. I sure need to hear the success stories over again. It is just extremely hard to be objective at this point.

I get stuck on the defeating Shudda, Couldda, Wouldda's. Wrong, I know. One cannot look forward if always looking behind.

Funny how I can give advice all day long, but find it difficult to take even the BEST advice...my own.

I have always said, "Take the advice that you would give your very best friend." I need to heed my own advice and have faith it will all work out as it is supposed to in the grand scheme of things.

I believe that God is STILL in control, though I am not.

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 05/25/08 04:26 PM
I cannot thank you each and every one for your kind words. I have read your comments/suggestions/experiences over and over. This is so painful. I just wish I could hold them in my arms as I did when they were little.

I'm afraid that a kiss from Mommy just doesn't do the trick any more. I wish it did.

They will prayerfully understand before it is too late. I am not trying to be a drama queen, but seriously, because of my love for them, I don't want them to realize how much they love and need me when I am no longer here. That does happen all too often.

Oh how true the saying, "When they are little they step on your feet. When they are grown, they step on your heart."

Oh time........please rush............

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 05/25/08 04:06 PM
Thank you so much, lilbug. I so appreciate your comment. They say time heals all wound, but even time cannot heal a wound which is continuously broken open.

No1slove: I pray through tears as always that we can become a healthy family and love one another, warts and all. Thank you.

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 05/25/08 03:59 PM
It is painful either way............. :cry:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 05/25/08 03:55 PM
can offer me some hope that "tough love" works? If you can, I really need the encouragement right about now.

Those of you who know me know that my daughter and I have been through some really rough times these last two years.

To make a VERY long story short, I choose to no longer accept her disrespect and the disrespect of her older brother, my son.

I admit making some poor decisions in their early lives, but is there ever a time to take me off of the cross and cease to throw my mistakes up to me over and over again?

We all carry scars of one degree or another from our childhood, but I believe there should come a time to forgive our parents for what they did, or did not do.

There are exceptions, however, I believe for the most part, we, as parents, do the best we know how to do at the time. When we know better, we do better.

By not accepting the abuse (as I see it) my children have alienated me and will most likely try to "guilt" me into my old way of reacting....lying down and being treated as a door mat.

Dear JSH,
Can these relationships be saved....

Crying alone....

Whispers

WhispersandWinks's photo
Fri 05/23/08 01:20 PM
I realize it dates me....but....the only gangsta's I know *not ACTUALLY KNOW* but you know what I mean....are Al Capone and Lucky Luciano.....

Yeah, I'm ancient............ noway

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 05/15/08 02:26 PM
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Time away from you has an amnesic effect on him (*and you for him as well). We tend to only remember the good things until once again we are in the presence of the other party. Then, and only then, do we say to ourselves, "Oh, yeah, I remember now...." happy

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 05/15/08 02:23 PM
your toes curl and your eyes cross when you think it, hear it, or read it? *Mind you, in most cases this one word evokes memories of a kinder, gentler, happier time in your life. It does not necessarily insinuate he/she/it occupies space in your life or mind regularly today.

Mine? Vicodin noway
sigh................~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~..........................

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 05/06/08 01:29 PM
It's POLK SALAT! (yep, it is spelled correctly) As in: Polk Salat Annie...........

Thanks for playing.....

Oh, by the way....it is DELICIOUS!!

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 05/06/08 01:26 PM
nope on dock......

getting closer with the greenthingamagiggy...

laugh

Nope, not rhododendrons (extra points for trying to spell it, though!) And negative on the okra as well....

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25