WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 05/06/08 01:24 PM
dohicky is close.....giggle....

nope, not pot...

nope, not milkweed...

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 05/06/08 01:22 PM
My photo....see who of you nature lover botanists is the first to correctly identify it....

I'll let everyone know in about 10 minutes or so.... flowerforyou

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 05/01/08 01:41 PM
Tan acceleration oil. The coconut smelling kind. That'd get someone to join me. Trust me on this one. Got the coconuts, may as well smell like 'em! :wink: :tongue:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 05/01/08 01:17 PM
laugh laugh laugh

You know.....I never thought about the sticky books! Thanks for that little golden nugget of information! LOL

Here I am in the HUB of information and I learn something so valuable on JSH. Who'da figured? :wink:

I think I can really get into this librarian stuff, and I'm looking so smart in these glasses! LOL

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 05/01/08 01:12 PM
as a librarian! teehee! Yep, I am working ALONE today in this big library......with no patrons........hmmmmm.......

the lights are down low (ok, translation...it's cloudy outside!) and there's a soft, cushioned sofa way back in the back of one of the shelved-off reading areas.

Whew....I'm all worked up.....excuse me.....gotta go give Tom a ring-a-ding-ding....after all.....home's only a mile away....devil

Great to "see" you all again. I've been off of here for a while just in case you didn't notice. noway

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 03/27/08 06:23 PM
If any of you guys are ipod wizards, please help me...I posted a question in Computers and Technology grumble

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 03/27/08 06:19 PM
Enya.......trying to soothe my nerves before I flush this ipod!!!

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 03/27/08 06:17 PM
Will someone PLEASE tell me how to group certain songs/audio books together on the ipod in particular playing order!!!

And....how does one put audio books in the audio book category. In other words, they are in the "music" section, which would be ok with me if I could group them all together like at the beginning or end of the playlist instead of a couple of songs, a section of book, music, and more book.

It is driving me BO NA NAS!!!

But......................I can both CLEAR and CREATE a playlist quicker than the naked eye can catch.................

Help! sad

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 03/20/08 01:01 PM
I had SO many of my favs incorporated in our Nov wedding. One of which, was, "When You Say Nothing At All." That one played during the lighting of the Unity Candle....:cry:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 03/20/08 12:56 PM
Oh, I've got to be brilliant....I've tried to catch flying scissors, knives, ice picks, lit cigarettes, toasted marshmallows, hot glue guns....the list goes on...and on....and, unfortunately, onnnnnn.............

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 03/20/08 12:50 PM

to ANYONE, much less those who are mentally disabled....but....

I must REALLY be RETARDED!!!

My sister gave me an ipod nano last week as a thank-you gift and I have YET to use it!!!

I have downloaded newer software, challenged USB ports, rebooted, cussed and discussed to the point I think I'd just rather put a gigantic boombox on my shoulder like days of old and FORGET IT!!!

Just venting.................

laugh You carry the boom box and I'll gladly walk beside ya.. I just want to see the looks on peoples faces laugh bigsmile

You got it!!!! Hey, I've done weird, questionable things before now!! :tongue:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 03/20/08 12:48 PM

i have a great SIMPLE easy to use and download on to mp3 player that sounds great and holds up to about 80 songs without a card....only paid 45 bucks for it too

You're FIRED! LOL

Well, the gift price of FREE was great, but a lot of good it does to look cool. Do they still say cool? Ugh.....

Yeah, you're right, but I am bound and determined to beat this thing before I cower to my daughter's knowledge of it! LOL

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 03/20/08 12:44 PM
I mean, honestly.......is is SOoooooooooooo easy even a cavewoman can download????

Is my pointy head showing????

I have most likely changed things on this computer that I will NEVER get back.........

Poor Tom......... every time he gets on here to TRY to play pinball, the game freezes and tries to cough up a lung....... noway

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 03/20/08 12:39 PM
to ANYONE, much less those who are mentally disabled....but....

I must REALLY be RETARDED!!!

My sister gave me an ipod nano last week as a thank-you gift and I have YET to use it!!!

I have downloaded newer software, challenged USB ports, rebooted, cussed and discussed to the point I think I'd just rather put a gigantic boombox on my shoulder like days of old and FORGET IT!!!

Just venting.................

WhispersandWinks's photo
Wed 03/19/08 01:54 PM
Post a pic, chick! :wink:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Wed 03/19/08 01:45 PM
Edited by WhispersandWinks on Wed 03/19/08 01:48 PM
GENERAL "gender truisms," if you will.........

Men are FACT-based thinkers
Women are EMOTION-based thinkers

Men are DESTINATION-BOUND
Women are ALL ABOUT THE JOURNEY

Men are FIXERS
Women are EXAMINERS

Men are VISUAL beings
Women are AUDITORY beings

Men are TRANSITORY
Women are NESTERS

Men are MICROWAVES
Women are CROCK POTS

Men want RESULTS
Women want EXPERIENCES

Again, I would like to add the disclaimer that these comparisons are not true without exception, rather are true on the whole.

While ti is true that having common traits/characteristics may lend a more harmonious union, variety is the spice of life. After all....if your significant other and you were just alike....one of you would be unnecessary!

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:46 PM
Imagine ME being first..........unheard of~~~~ LOL

Coco!!! Look at YOU!!! WoooWoooo! I'd send you an email, but I guess you have me blocked r/t my being married. Hmmm......looks like you got it goin' on, sista~~ :wink:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:37 PM
Thank you. He still says that I dropped him a line....but that is not true. Hmmmm...just a year and we're already nit-picking about who contacted whom first! LOL (But he really dropped me a line first! LOL)

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:31 PM
It was one year ago today that Tom wrote to me a sweet little St. Patrick's Day good luck note.

We were married Nov. 3., and he's still the best "thing" that ever happened to me.

Thanks, JSH!

Teresa

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:29 PM
So........................if we're to try and convince her....don't you think we ought to know to whom we are supposed to make you look like "the cat's meow"....so to speak?

huh

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25