WhispersandWinks's photo
Sat 01/17/09 03:25 PM
Why, thank you, mssilverfox!
happy

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sat 01/17/09 03:23 PM
Hmmm....good question. As I recall, my first love experience as I view it now was much like an obsession, and yes, I believe there was a chemical reaction in my brain, not to mention all the other changes in other areas......

What we DO with those feelings, chemicals, electricity, whatever, may vary with age. I do hope Tom and I don't look as stupid as I did the first time. Whew!!!

Some things I'm just not willing (or able!) to repeat. For that, I am truly thankful.

Sounds as if you still love your first....is it over with no chance of rekindling??

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sat 01/17/09 02:56 PM
Edited by WhispersandWinks on Sat 01/17/09 03:01 PM
I'm not sure more mature singletons "fall," rather tip-toe in love. Life experiences and past poor judgment ought to make us wiser, if not, we are bound to repeat the same stupid, throw-caution-to-the-wind decisions...which, consequently, turn out the same sucky way the others have.

Do we look at partnership differently? Certainly! Not only that, I am certain we, the over 40 crowd. would most likely even define "love" differently than not only the younger crowd, but even differently than we, ourselves, once defined it.

Thankfully, however, my being "long in the tooth" did not taint my positive outlook, or make me totally cynical. While I was prepared to explore life as a single woman, as it turns out, I won't be doing so.

About 18 months ago, I met my now husband on this very site, albeit the site was called, Just Say Hi. We were married November 3, 2007 and I dare say I have never been happier--most likely because my past fairytale idea of love was shattered and reality got through my thick skull.

Not only am I more accepting of other (men) and their limitations (just like women!) they are people....not some figment of my girlhood imagination.

My husband is NOT just like me. He does not think like I do, he does not work through problems the same way I do. He does not communicate the way I do. He does not have the same pastime interests as I do. He doesn't love the way I do. He doesn't cry the way I do. If he did do all of those things the way I do.....one of us would be unnecessary!

I don't love all of the differences any more than he does, but we respect them and there are times and circumstances in which we actually revel in the differences between us.

You see, not only do we love one another, oddly enough, we actually LIKE each other, and that's more than OK with me! :tongue:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 11/03/08 08:49 PM
Thank you!

It ought to be a sin to be as happy as I am!

WoooHooo!

blushing bigsmile :heart: smooched :banana:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 11/03/08 08:28 PM
Thank you, sweetie! I've missed you all, too. But, after all...I AM a newlywed! LOL

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 11/03/08 08:26 PM
Thank you! love

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 11/03/08 08:24 PM
Hi, guys! It has been forever since I have been on any of the forums, but wanted to make a special effort tonight.

I met my handsome, sexy, precious husband, Tom on this site when it was known as Just Say Hi.

Today we celebrated our first year wedding anniversary! It has been a year I wouldn't trade for any amount of money!

I have met Sooooo many friends here, but to meet a soul mate and a man that still gives me butterflies is more than I could ever have hoped for.

I just want to encourage those who think it can't happen and who are entertaining the thought of ever finding someone to spend the rest of their lives with. It can...and DOES happen.

I also want to thank the former Just Say Hi folks. I literally could not have done it without you!

Muah!

Whispers (Teresa)

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 09/02/08 06:27 AM
love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love
Not only did I meet, but MARRIED the love of my life here on the former JSH! Will be celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary Nov 3rd! Man, how time flies!

He sent me a little St. Patrick's Day wish on March 16, we met two weeks later, and married....as I said....in Nov!

He is precious!!!

So, don't give up, and as has been mentioned....you meet great friends here. Who knows, you may even marry your best friend.

Has it helped? Changed my life? In a word

Y--------E----------S!

drool pitchfork frustrated tears drinker :heart: bigsmile sad smooched :banana: laugh explode grumble love flowerforyou
bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 09/02/08 06:20 AM
love love love love Not only did I meet, but MARRIED the love of my life here on the former JSH! Will be celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary Nov 3rd! Man, how time flies!

He sent me a little St. Patrick's Day wish on March 16, we met two weeks later, and married....as I said....in Nov!

He is precious!!!

So, don't give up, and as has been mentioned....you meet great friends here. Who knows, you may even marry your best friend.

Blessings your way......

Whispersflowers

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 06:16 PM
Man! I'm seeing how long it has been since I've actually seen a chick flick. P.S. I Love You I haven't seen either. I need a weekend away, don't I??? (Plus, my sweet little husband will enjoy the "down time.") LOL

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about. The sound of a blender makes me all warm and fuzzy! LOL

Got to check out for a while, but I'll be checking back in, so keep them coming!

:banana: winking

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 06:11 PM

Terms of Endearment

is my "All Time" favorite chick flick........

i always cry

Good one, too! I cry at that one too!

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 06:10 PM
You got that one!!! Love me some limes!!!! teehee

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 06:08 PM
Thanks so much! That IS a good one! biggrin

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 06:04 PM
Sorry, we're nurses, we're not going to be interested in saving any privates. It is our attempt at fantasy. You know, like there are such sensitive men in the movies we'll be watching. But, thanks for playing. Please collect your consolation prize of a year's worth of Rice-A-Roni! :P

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 05:52 PM
OK, cool. Consider it seen!

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 05:44 PM
Haven't seen that one, either, but heard it was a keeper. Good suggestions, guys! Can you name some NOT to waste our time on? (If you can't think of any really good ones--any more, I mean)

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 05:40 PM
August Rush...hmmm...never heard of it. I'll check it out. Thnx! flowerforyou

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 05:39 PM
Do you know that I have been called both Thelma and Louise, yet I've never seen the movie. Guess it's time, huh?

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 05:38 PM
Hellraiser....interesting....

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 09/01/08 05:36 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh

Yep, good ones, Jules! Thnx!

I'm taking notes.............

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25