Community > Posts By > Bestinshow

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 07/08/13 08:23 AM
Edited by Bestinshow on Mon 07/08/13 08:26 AM

If you only posted what the NSA guys said, it would mean little. I'm no fan of the NSA or big government, but this piece is just some college kid doing some bashing.
It would appear that (this collage kid) has more backbone and common sense than 90% of the folks who post here.

Feel free to follow the link and then make an informed comment. :wink:
a Link to some contrived Article,in,of all Papers,The Guardian?laugh
The Guardian is the same paper that broke Glen Greenwalds NSA story and that is the Guardian that is restricted on the Department of Defence's computers. It seems the Guardian much to your disdain is fulfilling its role as a independent news source not part of the propaganda matrix that is on your preferred reading list. Your comments are so predictable Mr Conrad.laugh
keep on llaughing Sonny,while you can!
You really want to tell me that the NSA is going around having public Hiring-Drives like GE!
Your Credulity is absolutely astounding!:laughing:
Hook,Line and Sinker!
It's not my credulity at issue in this thread. I find it odd that on other threads you would claim we need to get "government off our backs" yet here you take a stand defending government spying. First you claim it did not happen then start back tracking. It would be nice and more interesting if you were not so agenda driven.
Yep,you believe the Story,Hook Line and Sinker,so that has to do with your Credulity!

Credulity is a state of willingness to believe in one or many people or things in the absence of reasonable proof or knowledge.

Credulity is not simply belief in something that may be false. The subject of the belief may even be correct, but a credulous person will believe it without good evidence.WIKI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credulity
So your saying this event did not take place at all and is just a far fetched tail? (please say yes)
I am saying that Greenwald gave you another Phony Bill Of Sale!
An absolutely onesided Account of whatever took place,and you fell for it!laugh
Greenwald is known for those Stunts!
He ain't no better than the rest of the MSM-Crowd!
Please inform yourself before making your negative comments. It was not Greenwald who wrote the story. I think you often shoot off your keyboard without having a clue into what a topic is. Again you seem to be agenda driven and only wish to drag things off topic without reasonable conversation.

Back to weeding the garden see you next rest break

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 07/08/13 08:06 AM
Edited by Bestinshow on Mon 07/08/13 08:09 AM

If you only posted what the NSA guys said, it would mean little. I'm no fan of the NSA or big government, but this piece is just some college kid doing some bashing.
It would appear that (this collage kid) has more backbone and common sense than 90% of the folks who post here.

The Guardian is the same paper that broke Glen Greenwalds NSA story and that is the Guardian that is restricted on the Department of Defence's computers. It seems the Guardian much to your disdain is fulfilling its role as a independent news source not part of the propaganda matrix that is on your preferred reading list. Your comments are so predictable Mr Conrad.laugh
You really want to tell me that the NSA is going around having public Hiring-Drives like GE!
Hook,Line and Sinker!
It's not my credulity at issue in this thread. I find it odd that on other threads you would claim we need to get "government off our backs" yet here you take a stand defending government spying. First you claim it did not happen then start back tracking. It would be nice and more interesting if you were not so agenda driven.
Yep,you believe the Story,Hook Line and Sinker,so that has to do with your Credulity!

Credulity is a state of willingness to believe in one or many people or things in the absence of reasonable proof or knowledge.

Credulity is not simply belief in something that may be false. The subject of the belief may even be correct, but a credulous person will believe it without good evidence.WIKI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credulity
So your saying this event did not take place at all and is just a far fetched tale? (please say yes)

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 07/08/13 05:24 AM

Horror? laugh
I know we can just stop pretending we live in a democracy. I do not think Stalin even went this far.

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 07/08/13 05:22 AM
Good read thanks for posting

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 07/08/13 05:15 AM

Nice shot.:banana:

The happy banana? You do realize this whole thing was most likely an assassination of an innocent kid to make it look like the FBI was on top in fighting terrorism....right?

You do realize that he was complicit in at least the bombing if not other things. An innocent kid?. I doubt that.

You do realize that our trillion dollar spy on everyone programs failed to stop this attack?

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 07/08/13 05:10 AM

What a crock!

How so?...You don't believe the conversation took place?

No, I didn't say that. I've heard the recording.

So what's the "crock"?
They do not even know.......... good luck

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 07/08/13 05:09 AM

Hook,Line and Sinker!

Bestinshow's photo
Sun 07/07/13 06:40 AM
Orwell’s Nightmares Come True — But Who Cares?

Another horror no one will care about: the government is spying on your snail mail.

The New York Times timed the release of the story so that it would come and go without notice: on the Fourth of July, when no one reads the paper or watches the news. But buried beneath a puffy lede is yet another privacy-killing whopper. After 9/11, the Times reports, the U.S. Postal Service created something called the Mail Isolation Control and Tracking (MICT) program, “in which Postal Service computers photograph the exterior of every piece of paper mail that is processed in the United States — about 160 billion pieces last year. It is not known how long the government saves the images.”

Just a wild guess? How about: forever?
http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/ted-rall/50457/1984-is-here-yawn

Bestinshow's photo
Sun 07/07/13 06:06 AM

Hook,Line and Sinker!
Um yes they do Mr Conradlaugh

Bestinshow's photo
Sat 07/06/13 07:53 AM
Next up on the agenda to the bank to deposit my paycheck and this of course will be recorded and I will be filmed then a hair cut were they will ask for my phone number as that is how they have me listed in their system. Then to the car wash were again I will be filmed then finally I will grocery shop were I will use my customer card for a meager discount so everything I purchased can be recorded and referenced to me. All the data made available to the NSA if they choose to look oh what times we live in.

Bestinshow's photo
Sat 07/06/13 07:43 AM
Edited by Bestinshow on Sat 07/06/13 07:44 AM

Bestinshow's photo
Sat 07/06/13 07:36 AM

sounds like some Tracts the Religionists pass out in front of the Supermarket!
Totally contrived!laugh
Maybe you read the article and failed to comprehend, The entire conversation is recorded at the link above feel free to go there and listen. That is the adult thing to do :wink:

Bestinshow's photo
Sat 07/06/13 04:43 AM

Bestinshow's photo
Sat 07/06/13 04:02 AM
Edited by Bestinshow on Sat 07/06/13 04:40 AM

It is reality. Our modern fascist state is a little sexier than Orwell's , its less in your face but the all knowing police state is here.
you became a Political Prisoner,when?
Its one big open air prison were everything you do is recorded from credit card transactions to online activities and text messages all recorded for some future purpose. One can speculate how much political blackmail is going on with all this spying, power never goes unused especially in Uber Umerika
laugh laugh laugh you should come and live in Europe for about six months!
You'd POOP!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
What is in store for me today you might ask?

Heading to snap fitness for a quick workout were my electronic key card will be recorded, then to the grocery store were my transactions will be recorded unless I pay with cash, (this will be viewed as I am hiding something avoiding an electronic finger print is viewed with suspicion by the powers that be)

Oh all my posts here are recorded for future reference and any texts I make in between

Off to a cookout after that were I will probably pass many cameras and police lurking in the shadows to hand out a ticket.

Its hard to imagine doing anything today that wont be recorded in some fashion.

I will try not to think about it and enjoy the day off with friends.

This is interesting and ironic.

My one childhood friend who is hosting the party has a sister who works for Navel Intelligence and has a Limo pick her up for work each day.

(she was always a snitch)

Billions if not trillions to spy one ourselves but pennies for the poor and elderly, shame on our government and our people for allowing such a condition.

Bestinshow's photo
Sat 07/06/13 03:47 AM
Staff from the National Security Agency got more than they bargained for when they attempted to recruit students to their organisation earlier this week …

On Tuesday, the National Security Agency called at the University of Wisconsin on a recruitment drive.

Attending the session was Madiha R Tahir, a journalist studying a language course at the university. She asked the squirming recruiters a few uncomfortable questions about the activities of NSA: which countries the agency considers to be "adversaries", and if being a good liar is a qualification for getting a job at the NSA.

She has posted a recording of the session on Soundcloud, which you can hear above, and posted a rough transcript on her blog, The Mob and the Multitude. Here are some highlights.

The session begins ...

Tahir: "Do you consider Germany and the countries that the NSA has been spying upon to be adversaries, or are you, right now, not speaking the truth?"

Recruiter 1: "You can define adversary as 'enemy' and, clearly, Germany is not our enemy. But would we have foreign national interests from an intelligence perspective on what's going on across the globe? Yeah, we do."

Tahir: "So by 'adversaries', you actually mean anybody and everybody. There is nobody, then, by your definition that is not an adversary. Is that correct?"

Recruiter 1: "That is not correct."

Recruiter 2: "… for us, our business is apolitical, OK? We do not generate the intelligence requirements. They are levied on us ... We might use the word 'target'."

Tahir: "I'm just surprised that for language analysts, you're incredibly imprecise with your language. And it just doesn't seem to be clear."

Later ...

Tahir: "... this is a recruiting session and you are telling us things that aren't true. And we also know that the NSA took down brochures and factsheets after the Snowden revelations because those factsheets also had severe inaccuracies and untruths in them, right? So how are we supposed to believe what you're saying?"

Even later ...

Tahir: "I think the question here is do you actually think about the ramifications of the work that you do, which is deeply problematic, or do you just dress up in costumes and get drunk?" [A reference to an earlier comment the recruiter made about NSA employees working hard and going to the bar to do karaoke.]

Recruiter 2: "... reporting the info in the right context is so important because the consequences of bad political decisions by our policymakers is something we all suffer from."

Unnamed female student: "And people suffer from the misinformation that you pass along so you should take responsibility as well."

Later still ...

Male student: "General Alexander [head of the NSA] also lied in front of Congress."

Recruiter 1: "I don't believe that he did."

Male student: "Probably because access to the Guardian is restricted on the Department of Defence's computers. I am sure they don't encourage people like you to actually think about these things. Thank God for a man like Edward Snowden who your organisation is now part of a manhunt trying to track down, trying to put him in a little hole somewhere for the rest of his life. Thank God they exist."

And finally ...

Recruiter 2: "This job isn't for everybody, you know ..."

Tahir: "So is this job for liars? Is this what you're saying? Because, clearly, you're not able to give us forthright answers. I mean, given the way the NSA has behaved, given the fact that we've been lied to as Americans, given the fact that factsheets have been pulled down because they clearly had untruths in them, given the fact that Clapper and Alexander lied to Congress – is that a qualification for being in the NSA? Do you have to be a good liar?"

Recruiter 1: I don't believe the NSA is telling complete lies. And I do believe that you know, I mean people can, you can read a lot of different things that are, um, portrayed as fact and that doesn't make them fact just because they're in newspapers."

Unnamed female student: "Or intelligence reports."

Recruiter 1: "That's not really our purpose here today and I think if you're not interested in that ... there are people here who are probably interested in a language career."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/shortcuts/2013/jul/05/national-security-agency-recruitment-drive

Bestinshow's photo
Sat 07/06/13 03:37 AM

It is reality. Our modern fascist state is a little sexier than Orwell's , its less in your face but the all knowing police state is here.
you became a Political Prisoner,when?
Its one big open air prison were everything you do is recorded from credit card transactions to online activities and text messages all recorded for some future purpose. One can speculate how much political blackmail is going on with all this spying, power never goes unused especially in Uber Umerika

Bestinshow's photo
Sat 07/06/13 03:17 AM

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 07/01/13 05:20 PM

There are many, many, many former Intelligence and Counter Intel people (probably in many countries too) who when they hit a situation in the course of their official functions that raises internal morality questions, they do the honorable thing. They resign from this or that program, or leave the service entirely, but they also keep to their oath and what Secret meant, and that will always mean Secret until someone else in a position of authority say it isn't Secret anymore.

Snowden, by his own words at press conferences, began being 'troubled' early in his association with the CIA. An Honorable person would have bowed out then. Snowden was/is not an Honorable person.

There is no one on this board who has not watched spy movies or read a spy novel. All of us understand that successful spying involves deception and sometimes not following the rules the other side thinks you should. Snowden watched those movies too. He intentionally sought a job with an agency that historically has been as deep into deception and skulduggery as can be imagined. Although I lived through the period of the House Assassination hearings, Snowden learned of them in school, so it was no surprise to him that we do that kind of thing sometimes, so he joined up. In Search of Enemies, Inside the Company and Decent Interval have been on book shelves for decades. Long enough so Snowden has both eyes open when he applies for his intelligence job.

Were there screwups in the decision to continue his clearance? Hell yeah. As soon as it was learned he was faking a college degree (you call this the mark of an honorable heroic person?) that didn't exist, that should have ended his career. Instead due to multiple screwups (the subject of multiple investigations and procedural overhauls all by themselves) some dumb person gave him access to things they shouldn't.

If I wanted to speculate I think Snowden knew his multiple falsehoods on his application were being uncovered and what he did to get fired at CIA was gonna be forwarded to the NSA. In the US if you lie on an EQIP (classified job application or SF84, 85, 86 et al) you are probably in for some legal expense as you try to avoid jail.

Snowden got a little panicky I think, knew he had to run and decided stealing documents might either give him a little insurance or bankroll the flight.

Like I wrote earlier, there is nothing new in the way of revelations that other similar thieves had not already talked about decades ago. Okay the computers are no longer driven by punch cards, so the technology is better and it is all more efficient. Everything he has released papers about was either (even if they pretend they didn't know) authorized by Congress and the Senate (much of it actually written into the Public Laws of the land) or approved by a Secret Treaty. Yes, some International Treaties are Secret and remain so for a very long time. Teddy R's 1904/1905 approval of the Japanese invasion of Korea is a good example.

At no time in past 40 years have you heard any Commander-in-Chief say while under an oath, we will now stop doing these things. You probably aren't going to either. That is the Universe you live in. You will never be King so there is nothing you can do about it. Even if you were the King, doing the same thing is essential to your survival.

(from another Forum)
Mr Conrad I am surprised you would post something negative about Snowden after all you are the one promoting Atlas Shrugged and getting government off our backs, how about they get out of our Emails and off our phones?
I can see you have never read the Book,and if you did,you definitely did not understand the concept!laugh
Why would I waste my time on such a moronic book? My question was not answered so I will try in a manner you might understand. What do you think your fictional hero John Gault would say about every american having every thing they do online and on cell phone being recorded?

Bestinshow's photo
Mon 07/01/13 05:16 PM

In a few days, we will all have an opportunity to peacefully inflict a major psychological blow on the rapidly coalescing police state by the simple but powerful act of refusing to play along with the absurd pantomime on the 4th of July that we live in an even nominally free country – one with the rule of law, an operative Constitution and respect for individual rights.

There is no longer any meaningful limit to the power of the government over our lives. Illustration: Wikimedia Commons

In a few days, we will all have an opportunity to peacefully inflict a major psychological blow on the rapidly coalescing police state by the simple but powerful act of refusing to play along with the absurd pantomime on the 4th of July that we live in an even nominally free country – one with the rule of law, an operative Constitution and respect for individual rights.

One that isn’t a thugocracy.

We can turn our backs on the flag. Decline to participate when urged to cheer and sing. No fireworks. No barbeques.

We can sit down – and bow our heads.

We can mention the unmentionable: That there is no longer any meaningful limit to the power of the government over our lives. No line beyond which it may not tread. That it lies, spies and tyrannizes.

We can admit to ourselves the shoddy – and frightening – reality bubbling up all around us.

By so doing, we can shatter the illusion that this government operates with anything remotely approximating our consent.

This is absolutely essential. The 4th of July pantomime requires that we deny the obvious – that we instead pretend we’re free people living in a free country; one in which the government is accountable to the people, one in which the government is limited by law. One in which people can’t simply be dragooned into prisons without due process, held incommunicado, tortured. A country with a president who doesn’t have kill lists – or use the instruments of state power to punish and intimidate his political opponents. One in which citizens must be suspected of a crime before their personal correspondence is filched through and recorded for later use against them. One in which a traveler is free from arbitrary and random searches of his person and effects.

One in which the attorney general of the United States isn’t able to get away with providing guns to gangs or brazenly lie about his use of the power of his office to go after political “enemies” rather than pursue justice.
http://rinf.com/alt-news/breaking-news/turn-your-back-this-fourth-of-july/46460/

No one is going to listen to you!
You've wasted however long it took for you to type that up!

We celebrate The United States Of America on the 4th of July!
Not congress, news stories, or bs politics!
Our bbqs, fireworks, and celebrations show the government and other countries around the world that we as Americans stand strong and will continue to do so no matter what issues are going on with our government and the rest of the world!
That's not to say that we will just forget and ignore everything that's happening!
We'll go back to kicking people in the face while drinking Mountain Dew after our celebrations!

Silly protests like turning your back doesn't make problems go away!
You have to get up off your lazy a** and make them go away!

Celebrate this 4th of July as best as you can!
For America and Americans everywhere!

:angry:
Thank you for the laugh laugh

Bestinshow's photo
Sun 06/30/13 07:01 AM

So true.

The issue is not what Snowden did but what what he exposed and any thinking person should know this.

This is a modern fascist state we live in. This country is a fraud.

Please don't blame the country for the faults of its leaders, the corrupt, dollar influenced, media sponsored electoral process, and the stupidity and apathy of its voters.

Joe bless America!
George is Right on target as usual laugh