Community > Posts By > alexiateigra

alexiateigra's photo
Thu 08/07/08 05:58 PM

When I consider the vastness of the universe it blows my mind that people with finite minds can say there is no God.glasses

?????????

Just becaue life exist does not equal that God exist. Just because a person can contemplate the existence of the universe does not mean that there is a God. Ofcouse, these things do not prove that God doesn't exist either. Ultimately, we, as human beings, must choose one of the 3 things:

1. That there is a God/Gods
2. That he/she doesn't necessary believe but, they have not ruled out the possibility of a God/Gods or they kind of believe that there is God/Gods but, do not accept definitively that there is a GodGods.
3. That there is no God/Gods.

To date, there is no proof that there is a God/Gods. If you or anyone else has choosen that there is a God/Gods, you have taken that belief in faith. To some degree, we all have made this personal decision based upon faith.

Because I do not believe in the existence of a God/Gods, does not mean that I cannot appreciate the awe and beauty of the universe that surronds us.

So much mentalization from a finite mind glasses

I am not the one with the finite mind. Someone of your nature that lacks the ability to appreciate any opinion that does not correspond to his/her opinion is more apt to be described as a finite mind. Since I am more than capable of appreciating the value of those that may have a differ opinion and do not necessary need everyone to simply agree with my opinion, I am often described as someone who is open and fair minded. pitchfork

alexiateigra's photo
Wed 08/06/08 06:38 PM

I don't say that very often... I just say "whats up" or "whats new"..

"whats up,"

Do you have bunny ears to go with that, doc?????????

alexiateigra's photo
Wed 08/06/08 06:36 PM

When I consider the vastness of the universe it blows my mind that people with finite minds can say there is no God.glasses

?????????

Just becaue life exist does not equal that God exist. Just because a person can contemplate the existence of the universe does not mean that there is a God. Ofcouse, these things do not prove that God doesn't exist either. Ultimately, we, as human beings, must choose one of the 3 things:

1. That there is a God/Gods
2. That he/she doesn't necessary believe but, they have not ruled out the possibility of a God/Gods or they kind of believe that there is God/Gods but, do not accept definitively that there is a GodGods.
3. That there is no God/Gods.

To date, there is no proof that there is a God/Gods. If you or anyone else has choosen that there is a God/Gods, you have taken that belief in faith. To some degree, we all have made this personal decision based upon faith.

Because I do not believe in the existence of a God/Gods, does not mean that I cannot appreciate the awe and beauty of the universe that surronds us.

alexiateigra's photo
Wed 08/06/08 06:20 PM
Or you could just tell them that devil is after you to do really really bad things but, you told him to go away, but it's getting harder and harder and no one will believe you.

As you tell them this, talk under your breath now and then to imaginary person. This is well worth seeing the horror in their eyes.............lol.

alexiateigra's photo
Wed 08/06/08 06:18 PM

Ask how you are if they really don't care?laugh I mean seriously..if you don't want to know the truth why bother to ask?grumble laugh

I think that as humans we have different perceptions. I think in most cases, people are sincere but, sometimes they are simply not able to cope with the truth.

smokin smokin smokin

alexiateigra's photo
Tue 08/05/08 05:52 PM
is all around me....................... so long as I have enough coffee in my system.

alexiateigra's photo
Tue 08/05/08 05:16 PM

girl don't let any man tell ya he was reading ur profile first
before he looked to see pic

it just ant so
the lod saying men think with there d***
well not always
but yeah pic frist

Hi Tony,

Yes, this is the old wives tales & it has some truth but, is really men or society????? In my case, I do not have any pics of myself or anything that is provocative in any of my pics. Unfortantely, there are fools that think that all women want is to hear gushing meaningless compliments. Worst yet, there are women who are naive enough to sometimes fall for these users.

This is by means not every man or woman. I know many guys that treat all women with the respect and vice versa. This is just a small population, but a truly annoying one.

Since I am most definetely not naive, the men that do pour on the compliments as if there was no tomorrow tend to piss me off because I know the game that they are playing & I know how they will hurt someone (not me), but someone that is innocent. Thus, I get a little pissed off. Plus, I had not had my full cup of coffee the day I began this thread so, I was a tad irratable..................lol.......................

alexiateigra's photo
Fri 08/01/08 07:34 PM

It has always been easier to give advice than take it. Trust me,I know only too well.

But,.......When you see a love one struggle and you have the answers, but know that those answers will not help the situation but, only make it worse, it ripes you shred.

I have a family member that is traveling down a dangerous path searching for love in all the wrong places. She is putting herself in situations that are very dangerous. We all worry about her. She is a good person and has a great heart, but she is searching for something that will fill that void.

Unfortunately, she does not know that nothing will fill that void until she learns to love herself. It is hard to watch her struggle. I worry if she will find herself in more and more in trouble but, also know that no amount of wisdom or advice will help. Instead, it will only drive a wedge between us. She will need to be able to make her own mistakes.

All I can do is keep my door open & let her know that I will always care about her.

Anyone else or any other families facing the same kind of troubles?

Having been down that very road...unfortunately there are no words that will drive them away from the decisions. Most you can do is try your best to keep them safe and let them wade through the problem. I've seen friends face the same path, and did the same thing...if they can't see the light on their own, the light wasn't worth showing to them in the first place.

So very true. It just hard to watch them as you hope that life doesn't kill the sunshine from within.

alexiateigra's photo
Fri 08/01/08 07:32 PM

Been there with a family member down that road before,just have to risk a wedge between them and keep on them tirelessly,fortunately there problem was solved and we are tighter because of it..tough problem trying to remake a mindset,but its worse if u dont try at all.My way worked but maybe in that situation it wont,i dont know the person

Great User Name!!!!!!!

In this case, it will only make things worse. She does not respond to lectures very well or advice. Stories on how it was for me or so and so do not work also. These things all lead to a greater gap.

She tends to respond better to "acceptance" and "understanding". The key is to be a role model and give advice that doesn't sound like advice!

She is smart but, she needs to have confidence & self value.

alexiateigra's photo
Fri 08/01/08 07:24 PM

My mom is similiar, she gambles, she drinks a lot, to escape herself I think. She refuses to face her past, she had an abortion many years ago, and I know it still bothers her. She's talked about hating her job, hating her life, etc. It pains me to see her like that.

My heart goes out to you. Seeing a parent or child suffer is one of the hardest things in life.

When you see a parent suffer so, it is deeply rooted in the child psyche to want to heal or save the parent. The sad truth is that as the child, regardless if you have the right answers or not, the parent cannot find the truth unless it comes from within the parent and not the child.

My heart goes out to you both!!!!!flowerforyou

alexiateigra's photo
Fri 08/01/08 07:19 PM

If you feel she is "putting herself in dangerous situations" I would definately take the risk to share your concern, in a KIND way. That comes from a good place~ your heart.

Trust me if I would, but it would only make matters worse.
She is desperate for love. Besides, there are memembers of the family that have, but that has only caused tension.

In this case, she has to learn for herself.
Besides, I think it is at the point where she may feel gang up against if we all tell her how to live her life. She is adult but, still very yung in so many ways. She needs to know that she has a safe haven to go to without judgement.

Thus, I keep mouth shut (which is rare) while I keep the light on and m door always open to her.

Thank you for caring. flowerforyou

alexiateigra's photo
Thu 07/31/08 05:26 PM
ummmm, you have a browning on the back of your dress????????? lol

alexiateigra's photo
Thu 07/31/08 05:25 PM
It has always been easier to give advice than take it. Trust me,I know only too well.

But,.......When you see a love one struggle and you have the answers, but know that those answers will not help the situation but, only make it worse, it ripes you shred.

I have a family member that is traveling down a dangerous path searching for love in all the wrong places. She is putting herself in situations that are very dangerous. We all worry about her. She is a good person and has a great heart, but she is searching for something that will fill that void.

Unfortunately, she does not know that nothing will fill that void until she learns to love herself. It is hard to watch her struggle. I worry if she will find herself in more and more in trouble but, also know that no amount of wisdom or advice will help. Instead, it will only drive a wedge between us. She will need to be able to make her own mistakes.

All I can do is keep my door open & let her know that I will always care about her.

Anyone else or any other families facing the same kind of troubles?

alexiateigra's photo
Thu 07/31/08 05:17 PM

way cool.

i havn't been able to pick up a book in 4 yrs. that's about to change tho, my first surgery is tomorrow, so by the end of next week i'll be able to read again!

have any suggestions for fantasy, sci-fi or historical novels that have come out in the last 4 years?

Rogue Angel.

alexiateigra's photo
Thu 07/31/08 05:12 PM
No, because it sometimes pays off if they think that you do not know something. I learned this will doing claims investigation. Simply pretend you do not know & you will find much!

alexiateigra's photo
Thu 07/31/08 05:10 PM

i had a nightmare last night where i was in a long hallway,everything was lit,and suddenly i saw at the end,thee lights slowely turning off,then there was a person at the end,he was coming at me slowly.What was scary when he got closer was it was a corpse floating at me with a huge creepy smile on his facescared .I was trying to wake myself up but couldnt,he grabbed me,and i woke up. anyone got a nightmare that they wont forget?

nope, because I usually kick a$$ in my dreams........lol

alexiateigra's photo
Thu 07/31/08 05:08 PM
If someone is feeling down and blue, I try to offer compassion and understand where they may be coming from.

LOL..........Although, I must confess that I tend to be a tad confrontational towards those that tend to attack others who may not always be able to fend for themselves.

My claws are sharp but, I only use them when my overprotective gene is in high gear.

I swear that all other times, I am very sweet or so Mom use to say...........

alexiateigra's photo
Thu 07/31/08 04:54 PM

I read in another post about some unwritten law about guys dating their friends ex girlfriends..

What I would like to know is what exactly is this "law" and why is it such a big deal to date your friends ex, especially if they no longer have feelings for the ex?

Don't females have an unspoken rule about this?? I am sure we do!! I know all of my friends do..its just the unspoken rule. You DO NOT date any of your friends ex's!! Its called respect, why would you want to? Just think about it...if you became serious with this person, then your friend would have to be around that! I don't think so!!
To all the women that do date their friend's ex's...your lucky you are not a friend of mine!! grumble

I understand what you are saying, but you can't help who you love.

Beyond that just because you were dating a friend's ex, doesn't mean they'd have to around them per se. Could just spend time with each separately.

You sound young and about to play with fire. Please be warned that it will only result in everyone being hurt and creating a big mess of chaos.

Spending time with them seperately will not "fix" things. Just knowing that you are dating their ex or hearing about it from mutual acquaintances, will hurt your friend over and over. Your friend will most likely feel used and betrayed.

I hate to be harsh but, the saying that you cannot help who you love is a cop out. You have the choice on whether to ever act upon those feelings or not. Thus, ultimately, it is still your choice.

My advice, if you truly care about your friend, respect that friendship.

That's my advice. Take it or leave it.
Alexia

alexiateigra's photo
Sun 07/27/08 12:21 PM
I forget the name, but it is a sweet white wine. It's bottle is clear w/ a swan on the front.

P.S.
If you buy any wines that are not quite to your liking, you can add fruit juice to them to make them sweet & yummy.

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/26/08 05:39 PM

Its like getting your toes stepped on.

Or your heart. Over and over again by those that you trusted the most.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25