Happy for you Sarah !flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Mon 12/31/18 05:57 AM

Be myself, always.

My sentiments exactly.

I will also celebrate him being his authentic self

peggy122's photo
Mon 12/31/18 05:45 AM
Happy Birthday Eric! You better save half of whatever is in that cup for me drinker

peggy122's photo
Mon 12/31/18 05:42 AM
Ah Eureka! The list is slowly increasing !

So far Im seeing 6 semi-confirmed people

River
Eric
Pauldun
Peggy
Motown

Rosie if its in Canada?

Please correct me if I misunderstood flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Sat 12/29/18 09:49 AM
A man maybe? what

Naw... That's me being greedy ohwell

peggy122's photo
Sat 12/29/18 08:55 AM

Lots of great ideas guys but first thing to be confirmed...

Who is ABLE AND WILLING to travel for a mingle- meet somewhere in the USA. In 2020?

Anyone ready to make a public commitment so we can get a semblance of a headcount ? Or do we need more time before committing to an answer?

Im wiilling and able provided that my mom 's health remains stable.

2020 is a long way off.... We are not even into 2019 yet :wink:

But yes I'm up for it if I have not got banned from here by then. laugh
Never been to North America but can get a cheep flight from Manchester Airport. drinker

Nothing has been decided yet Pauldun. :) Ideas are just being thrown around and official organisers are yet to be confirmed . So nothing is marked in stone as of now.

I agree that 2020 seems very far away. If people are willing and able to meet in 2019 , then ofcourse it would be welcomed, but if the agreed season is summer, then that leaves limited time to plan , organise, save and book flights and accommodations. The group can ultimately decide what year, season and venue suits the majority best :)

That said, seems like we have 3 potential attendees River, you and myself. We will see over time if the list grows happy

peggy122's photo
Sat 12/29/18 06:17 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Sat 12/29/18 06:23 AM
I have a wedding to attend on New Years Day , and a party on the eve of New Years Eve so I think it might be best to lay low on New Year Eve and conserve my energy. # PacingmyoldCaribbeanazzohwell

peggy122's photo
Sat 12/29/18 05:54 AM

I am willing and able!

Great River! The others may need some more time to think about it. Everyone has their unique set of circumstances and challenges so I wanna be sensitive to that.

peggy122's photo
Sat 12/29/18 05:36 AM
Lots of great ideas guys but first thing to be confirmed...

Who is ABLE AND WILLING to travel for a mingle- meet somewhere in the USA. In 2020?

Anyone ready to make a public commitment so we can get a semblance of a headcount ? Or do we need more time before committing to an answer?

Im wiilling and able provided that my mom 's health remains stable.

peggy122's photo
Fri 12/28/18 04:20 PM
Even if you're nervous and spill something or trip, relax enough to laugh at yourself. He's likely to find your humor about it cute :heart: Good luck Sarah!

peggy122's photo
Fri 12/28/18 03:35 PM
The amusing reality is that after the age of 40 , many of us come with so much baggage that it would be easy to slap any one of us with the red flag label laugh

We can be stigmatized by one or multiple divorces, or our failure to forge a successful match with anyone online or offline years after our divorces, or kids who are acting out , or even the amount of time we invest in online interactions with people we may never meet in person, and the list goes on and on...

Anyone of us here could fall under those red flags, and yet many of us can offer very human and reasonable explanations in defense against those stigmas.

Maybe it's better as a rule of thumb to investigate the story behind the stigma. I'm just sayinlaugh

peggy122's photo
Fri 12/28/18 06:19 AM

S.O.S.

Who is the signal going out to Guitar Sam?

Sorry, no one..

It means same old.. shtuff.

Ah... I understand now

Well if the old stuff was good, then I wish you more of it in 2019 , and if it was not so good, then I wish you a fresh new start and perspective in the new year happy

peggy122's photo
Fri 12/28/18 05:39 AM

Restless from pain

Hope you feel better soon Guitar Samflowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Fri 12/28/18 05:37 AM

Excited, I have an interview tomorrow at the place I want to work. The Mobile station a block away... very conveniently located and decent experience. Plus free gas perks happy

Good luck on the interview River!

peggy122's photo
Fri 12/28/18 05:36 AM

Had this thorny feeling all over my torso after almost an entire day of driving.

Oh no! Hope you and your torso get a rest today Cali, and congratulations on the anniversary of your cat shelter! flowers

peggy122's photo
Fri 12/28/18 05:28 AM

I'm interested in a meet up . I've had brief visits to different parts of the
States and Europe (including Amsterdam), so I'm open-minded regarding the venue :thumbsup:

A few of the tasks on the checklist would include:-

1. Getting a head count of those in the forum that are genuinely interested in making this happen
2. Throwing out a list of potential venues for a general consensus
3. Throwing out a list of potential dates for a general consensus. My preference is the year 2020 for ample saving and planning time, but everyone can decide what's most feasible to them
4. Based on the head count of interested people, individuals can be asked to coordinate the folks from different districts whether it be the States or Europe
5. A committee has to volunteer to plan and coordinate the event.

I don't want to be in charge of it , but I don't mind being part of the Planning and Coordinating committee. Anyone else willing to be on the committee?

Great ideas peggy. I'd be willing to be on the committee but like you, I don't want to be in charge.

Late summer of 2019 or spring of 2020 sounds good. That way it would be warm enough to camp which would cut back on accommodation costs. I agree ample time is needed, some of us might need a passport along with time to save.

Well this is a start River.happy Anyone else interested in forming a planning committee?
If so, feel free to inbox me if grand public announcements aren't your thing lol

peggy122's photo
Fri 12/28/18 05:07 AM
I'm interested in a meet up . I've had brief visits to different parts of the
States and Europe (including Amsterdam), so I'm open-minded regarding the venue :thumbsup:

A few of the tasks on the checklist would include:-

1. Getting a head count of those in the forum that are genuinely interested in making this happen
2. Throwing out a list of potential venues for a general consensus
3. Throwing out a list of potential dates for a general consensus. My preference is the year 2020 for ample saving and planning time, but everyone can decide what's most feasible to them
4. Based on the head count of interested people, individuals can be asked to coordinate the folks from different districts whether it be the States or Europe
5. A committee has to volunteer to plan and coordinate the event.

I don't want to be in charge of it , but I don't mind being part of the Planning and Coordinating committee. Anyone else willing to be on the committee?

peggy122's photo
Fri 12/28/18 04:28 AM

might i suggest helping animal lover in her quest for a mingle meet-up partybigsmile

I think the idea has been brought up before and it's an awesome one but I think most people are concerned about the amount of work it takes to organize it. Nevertheless, I have a feeling it will happen eventually happy

peggy122's photo
Fri 12/28/18 04:24 AM

OT... An amazing adventure

In some ways , I can relate to that River, and I'm super happy for you ! flowers

Thanks peggy flowerforyou Here's to 2019 being amazing as well drinker

No disagreement from me lovely lady!:)

peggy122's photo
Fri 12/28/18 04:22 AM

2018 was Really a worst time of my life. I am glad it will be over soon. not ever again.

I'm so sorry Daisy. May 2019 be a lot kinder to you. flowerforyou

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25