Community > Posts By > peggy122

peggy122's photo
Tue 10/17/17 05:37 PM
Happy Birthday sno! Hope you are having a terrific day! flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Tue 10/17/17 05:47 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Tue 10/17/17 05:57 AM
Why not suggest to her that you guys take turns in deciding the place? This month could be your turn . The next can be hers , and keep alternating :)

I personally was very contented with simple dates like movies, dance parties, karaoke, icecream parlors, affordable restaurants , and a walk around the park when I was in a relationship. I loved my mate's company so he was usually the main feature attraction for me... not the place :D

By the way a morning date on a weekend might be a nice change eg going for a lovely breakfast together or even a picnic in the afternoon

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 04:41 PM

I have a question to ask. Are there ever times where job mandates are actually a violation of civil rights , and therefore subject to revision, which I think one of the posters here was suggesting?

I asked because I heard an American Lawyer say that displays of silent protests are part and parcel of an American's basic civic rights , and I wasn't sure under what contest that this is true

In my opinion, I am not a lawyer or expert but IMHO

there are two separate issues that get mixed up with the discussion of 'rights', particularly speech, religion, and press

The ideal and the implementation

the ideal of 'rights'(regarding speech, religion, and press) as a notion of what we 'should be able to do' stems often from the constitutions list of what CONGRESS can or cant do.

1st Amendment states: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Often times the discussion of 'rights' is brought up in matters that Congress had nothing to do with. as in an employer/employee or other type of contract in the civilian world.

Often times, similarly , when it comes to contracts that are in some way TIED TO GOVERNMENT, rights come up

they really only apply legally in the latter situation, as far as I understand. However PUBLIC OPINION in any position that involves public exposure and someones pocketbook will almost always be able to find grounds for questioning the contractual agreements through some type of litigation.

thanks Ms H. flowerforyou
I guess maybe we have to leave it up to the lawyers to fight it out in court then . Sigh...

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 04:29 PM

yes, while at work, especially for elected or appointed government
officials like Kim Davis who violated the rights of gay couples
by denying them legal marriage licenses claiming it violated
her religious beliefs..she lost the civil suit against her, lost
her appeal plea, and supreme court appeal and ultimately spent
5 days in jail for contempt of court...

i wonder whatever became of her ?

Great example Argo! I actually forgot about her. Thanks for reminding me ,as she wss indeed a great poster child for the conflict between contractual obligations versus civil rights. Cheers drinker

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 04:23 PM

Sounds like the lawyer is right but what and where one is protesting might be a problem. If one wants to protest something while at work
that would violate the boss's right to make money. He would then enact
his civil right to fire you.

that also makes sense to me as well Alleop

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 04:22 PM

Good question Peggy,maybe more so in the military to a degree, here that is, many other jobs have rules that you accept when you take the job on or sign a contract.
I'm sure someone will elaborate on this for you. winking

That makes sense mikey but then one wonders if even contracts are secondary to civil law

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 04:14 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/16/17 04:35 PM

Exactly! Thanks peggy, I couldn't have said it better.

Cheers Pisces drinker flowerforyou

Cheers peggy flowerforyou drinker

I was thinking about the topic and I didn't really comment on ways to survive a LDR. I believe in some of the same ways you survive a face to face relationship. It takes allowing yourself to go through those painful feelings and giving yourself time to heal so you can move forward in life.

What are your thoughts peggy?

Although you are dealing with a different strand of the topic, I fully agree with your assessment Pisces !

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 01:58 PM

Exactly! Thanks peggy, I couldn't have said it better.

Cheers Pisces drinker flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 01:55 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/16/17 01:57 PM
I know people who regretted their 20 year investment in a close proximity relationship.

I know people who look back on their 2 year investment in an LDR that failed but still rate that union as one of the most fulfilling relationships of their lives.

None of us have total control over which relationships will succeed versus those that will fail.

All we can do is carefully decide WHO IS WORTH THE RISK.

That's just my take on it

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 01:27 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/16/17 01:32 PM

I was the one who introduced my friend to the concept of online dating . Like thousands of others, I have not been successful in finding a mate using this medium for YEARS, whereas my friend found her now fiancee after a measely 3 weeks of cyber chatting! laugh

My point is this...Who can predict what relationship will fail and which ones will succeed without actually trying???

Even if the majority of LDRs fail, why should those statistics be a prediction of an individual's outcome , anymore than all the failing marriages and relationships in the world should be held as a blue print for any individual's future?

The love of your life may exist in a country, race, age-range or physical package that you simply can not predict.

What is so wrong with having the courage to explore that fact, if one deems the risk as worthwhile?

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 12:56 PM
Cheers to the Mods!drinker

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 12:52 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/16/17 12:53 PM
I have a question to ask. Are there ever times where job mandates are actually a violation of civil rights , and therefore subject to revision, which I think one of the posters here was suggesting?

I asked because I heard an American Lawyer say that displays of silent protests are part and parcel of an American's basic civic rights , and I wasn't sure under what contest that this is true

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 12:11 PM

It works just fine.
Takes trust, commitment and determination.

When I met my mate on here (7 years ago) we spent a year talking
(about 7-8 times a day) because (surprise) phones work!

Then he visited cross-continent, twice, then he moved here.

Fairy tales do come true :-)

drinker drinker drinker

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 12:08 PM

right?

I agree. It reminds me of the quote that "People dont always remember what you said or what you did. All they remember is how you made them FEEL

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 12:05 PM
For me personally, when a guy is charming, smart and funny,and we share a natural connection, even a coffee date feels special . Im impressed by the guy... not the date.

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/16/17 06:37 AM
And the walls came tumbling down ...

peggy122's photo
Sun 10/15/17 01:44 PM

I only have one really close friend who is doing the long distance relationship thing . They met online a year and 4 months ago and have been in contact everyday since. they met for the first time 9 mths into the relationship and just had their second meeting a couple of weeks ago where she met all of his family ad they became engaged

What she told me is that you have to feel a deep connection with the person and share your daily experiences with the person so they almost feel as if they are right there.

They messaged or called each other morning afternoon and night to the extent that when they met in person recently, my friend said it felt completely normal to her because she knew his routine inside out from all he had shared with heron the phone. He is moving to her country in January 2018.

There wasn't a single minute in their relationship when either doubted the other person's faithfulness as they were very ope about who they were hanging with and wha they were doing EVERYDAY.

So I really think its their MUTUAL connection ,honesty, trust,communication, patience and determination that have brought them this far , and the fact that got their families on board once they were sure they wanted to be together,

peggy122's photo
Sat 10/14/17 06:49 PM
I know right soufie?:thumbsup:

peggy122's photo
Sat 10/14/17 02:38 PM

Thumbs up to joethebricky and his handsome new pic! Cheers to the second coming of Sean connery , woohoooo!!!! love

Thank you Peggy. I was at some posh awards bash. T'was a good night.

Thumbs up for Peggy for being polite all the time, and very bright.

Thanks for the compliment joe ! Glad you had a great time at the gala event flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Sat 10/14/17 08:27 AM

Hi dear

Hi babe

Hi sexy

Works every time🕺

The 'hi' is all important.

Oh please don't encourage the newbes in the "hi" game joe. It's annoying enough as is.

Ps: Awesome new pic Joe! YUM!!!! love