Community > Posts By > peggy122

peggy122's photo
Thu 11/09/17 02:26 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Thu 11/09/17 02:29 PM
Hmmm...

I dont want to put this in the same category because one is obviously more final and painful than the other but wouldnt it be a little bit like
two divorcees who still love their exes?

In a divorce like that, the ghost of the ex lingers and the new love often feels haunted by it.

Whether its a divorce or death in question, the "victim" needs some distance and healing from either tragedy before moving forward with a new love.

And the new couple needs to be secure enough in their new relationship and compassionate enough about each other's loss to be transparent about residual feelings for their previous mates ..Maybe even seek couple's therapy to work through all that heavy stuff

peggy122's photo
Thu 11/09/17 08:19 AM

I once saw this bedroom where the bed was built into an aquarium with fish and things swimming about, it was awesome, I want one..

This is gorgeous! love

peggy122's photo
Thu 11/09/17 07:56 AM

Don’t want anymore screaming crying whinging kids.
Not sure about marriage.
Living together I’d consider.

A house with his and hers en-suite bathrooms, all marble.
6 bedrooms in case any family want to visit and stay for a few days, although I’d rather they didn’t.
A gravel drive way at least a mile long.
Chandeliers
Indoor and outdoor Olympic sized swimming pools with statues of whales and dolphins etc.
I once saw this bedroom where the bed was built into an aquarium with fish and things swimming about, it was awesome, I want one.
Got to have a spiral staircase.
TV that takes up a whole wall.
Butlers and maids

There’s loads more but that’s just off the top of my head.
An Englishmans home is his Castle.

Sounds like the next level for you is a new house joe. Yiu dont need a relationship fir that :p :)

peggy122's photo
Thu 11/09/17 07:49 AM

I don't know I'm still figuring that one out..
How to be with somebody but without actually being with them full-time..
Hmm.. I enjoy their company I'm committed to them.. we're monogamous with each other.. but I don't want to get married already have kids and I like my own place..

That's why I prefer casual dating.. if I come across someone I really enjoy spending time with I have no problems committing to them... but at the same time I don't want to give up being my own person.. so to speak... I suppose if I met somebody.. that wasn't tied down to a house I would consider the possibility of living together..
Down the road..but.. that's usually more for the financial benefits.. living together allows you both to save money for taking trips together... and such things..

Or maybe it's all just all an excuse.. to stay footloose and fancy-free..lol

I agree Doc.Casual dating sounds like the best way to go if you need that kind of freedom. Its just important to be transparent about your intentions with whomever you are dating and always be conscious that the other person may be secretly hoping for something more setious, ehich you may have to uncomfortably address at some point later on

peggy122's photo
Thu 11/09/17 07:32 AM

I believe that if people just 'care' about each other that is something called Friendship and if there is no next level, that is what it remains

I believe if two people are 'in love', the general 'next level' is moving from platonic to intimate ... and some may consider that a relationship or just dating ,, and if that's the end game (no kids, no cohabitating, no marriage)there is no next level

I got ya Ms H. Thats the way Ive been wired to think myself. Now Im opening my mind to the idea that for some people , loving each other almost unconditionally is the next level or goal. I still struggle with the idea though because my brain is wired to look for some grand tangible symbol of commitment or maybe a grand tangible symbol of investment

peggy122's photo
Thu 11/09/17 05:34 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Thu 11/09/17 06:03 AM
I think it can work both ways. Art can imitate life and life can imitate art.Art should never be stiffled as we should all have the right to express ourselves , once it poses no threat to human life.And art is one of the more acceptable and powerful mediums of depicting the truth of alienated groups in society, who are often not given a platform to do so.

On a related note,since art is often a mere expression or interpretation of life ,I wish there was some way of getting a broader spectrum of view points broadcasted to the masses to create a more balanced picture of a concept or entity. In my mind, that broad soectrum of insights bring us closer to the truth ,which I often think is hiding somewhere in the middle of two opposing views

peggy122's photo
Thu 11/09/17 03:17 AM
Ive never been cheated on to my knowledge but I see infidelity as something that is so common and played out now , that I have the mindset that no one is exempt from the possibility.

As a result, Im likely to skip the shock , denial and anger stage of grief and go straight to the grief and weeping if I discovered infidelity.

But ofcourse you never know how you will react until it happens to you

peggy122's photo
Wed 11/08/17 08:29 AM

i know a few who have been together for years in just such conditions. they seem very happy and it seem to work for them.
they do most everything together they just won't sell the extra house

To be honest eric, I used to look at that as longterm dating, and I always assumed that there was an oprness to dating other proplr in that arrangement. It never occurred to me that it could be an exclusive and committed arrangement for life umtil maybe a few months ago.

I think its more common.for one oerson to be happy and the other person to want more though

ahh but see you assumed with out knowinglaugh
as for the second part if only one is ok with it then it will end once the dissatisfied party gets tired of waiting for a change in status

I think there are cases where the person who wants more doesnt always walk out Eric.Some carefully weigh the advantages and disadvantages of leaving and stay if one outweighs the other

peggy122's photo
Wed 11/08/17 06:21 AM

For those who dont want marriage , kids, or even to share a home, is there a next level to the relationship?

From my perspective, maybe.
Lots of people say they don't want marriage, kids, or even to share a home, when they really do. They just fear change, or responsibility.

And other people will actively work against pair bonding, against marrying (legally or emotionally), work against pregnancy, actively work against "sharing a home." They will actively work against "leveling" the relationship. They want the relationship to not change, to conform to the boundaries and expectations of the relationship they want, for it to always be what it was pursued for.

From the perspective of the people in the relationship of those who don't want marriage, kids, or even to share a home, probably.

People can turn anything they want into "leveling" a relationship.
"OMG! They took me to meet their parents!"
"OMG! We kissed!"
"OMG! We got a cellular friends and family plan together!"
"OMG! I went to the bathroom while they were still in the house!"

Do you think people can be perceived as having a committed relationship

People "can be" perceived as having a committed relationship simply because they say they are in a committed relationship.

Do you think people can be perceived as having a committed relationship, if none of the above conditions exist ,but they love and support each other emotionally , physically etc?

Sure.
By some people.
And other people aren't going to perceive them as having a "serious" or "really" or "truly" committed relationship.

I agree with everything you said cire tom. Its basically in the eyes of the beholders in other words.And yes . There are some that do want those things but reject it out of fear. But there ard others eho look around at the failing traditional relationships and make a consciencd decision to try something different and more feasible for them .

peggy122's photo
Wed 11/08/17 06:12 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Wed 11/08/17 07:01 AM

i know a few who have been together for years in just such conditions. they seem very happy and it seem to work for them.
they do most everything together they just won't sell the extra house

To be honest eric, I used to look at that as longterm dating, and I always assumed that there was an openess to dating other people in that arrangement. It never occurred to me that it could be an exclusive and committed arrangement for life until maybe a few months ago.

I think its more common for one person to be happy and the other person to want more though

peggy122's photo
Wed 11/08/17 05:56 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Wed 11/08/17 06:01 AM

Yes ultimate purpose of a relationship is marriage/to have kids/ or live togather and share home things time etc.

The two things having marriage and kids with love is an extream of relationship.

On the other hand people donot married and live togather, because of no social binding upon them they any time betray each other which realy sucks.

Hi Smct2017

I understand that the marriage contract speaks to a formal commitment, but how dependable is that contract when we have so many examples of people cheating on their marriages, stealing from their spouses or even divorcing their spouses to be with someone else?

peggy122's photo
Wed 11/08/17 05:28 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Wed 11/08/17 05:33 AM
Many people , including myself have been conditioned to believe that the ultimate goal of a relationship is either marriage, and/or children or at least moving in together.

For those who dont want marriage , kids, or even to share a home, is there a next level to the relationship?

Do you think people can be perceived as having a committed relationship, if none of the above conditions exist ,but they love and support each other emotionally , physically etc?

peggy122's photo
Wed 11/08/17 05:00 AM

I couldn't sleep or even make out with more than one person at a time. Im just not wired that way.

On the other hand, Im wary of guys who get all jealous and petulant about me talking to other guys in the early stages of getting acquainted.

I remember how offended a man was , after only 3 short conversations with me that there was another guy I was chatting with.

You would have sworn we were married and I was having an affair what

Then how do you feel about dating more than one? That doesn't mean sleeping with them, just dating. You do this at least until you have a commitment from 1.
It's just to protect yourself. We make ourselves exclusive and committed even when we don't get a commitment in return. Exclusivity does NOT equal commitment by the way...
There are men who can be exclusive for years, even move in together, without making a real commitment. Then you are the eternal 'girlfriend with a boyfriend'. But you'd want a truly committed partner, possibly a husband even (if that's what you want), not a boyfriend. We done the 'boyfriend thing' when we were 16.
There is a big difference... The boyfriend is content with the situation. He's got companionship, friendship, a sex buddy. Life is nice and easy. He has no plans to take it to the next level, at least not with you.

A committed partner is nuts about you, would move heaven and earth to be and stay with you, and to keep you by his side. He wants to grow old with you, share his life with you.

Totally different vibe.. the first scenario is where the man suddenly falls in love with another, marrying her within a month and having a baby on the way the next, leaving you devastated because you never got that commitment from him.

In theory I could date several guys crystal as I wont be sleeping with them , but in reality it wouldnt be practical. For one thing , the optics of that situation dont work in my favor as a woman.It might be different in your country, but in my region, I really am not excited about being labelled the town slut ,as I am publicly sighted rotating groups of men every few months until I find the right match . No one will believe that Im not sleeping with any of them even when that would be the truth as I dont sleep around. And this brings me to another point that you also raised.Since each date will be expecting me to make out with him by the third date and I wont be doing that due to a lack of feelings for most of them, then that means terminating the dating interaction after every second or third date.
with each man. How exhausting! So no. With the value I place on intimacy , sex and my reputation, that brand of dating wont work well for me.

As for the other point you raised about commitment, Im slowly learning to be respectful of other people's perception of commitment even if Im strongly against it for myself.

I have a friend who has been in a relationship for 11 years and her bf seems to not want marriage, although she does. All her friends and associates who criticised his "lack of commitment to her over the years, are now divorced, separated or deeply unhappy compared to her and her bf who have no kids, dont even live together, but are deeply in love and supportive of each other professionally, socially, emotionally etc

Although I personally wouldnt want that situation for myself, their relationship has outlasted many couples and they love each other fiercely and unconditionally even if they dont live together. I consider their relationship committed and so do they. What do you think about theur arrangement?

peggy122's photo
Tue 11/07/17 01:54 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Tue 11/07/17 01:58 PM

I think it is important to note that romantic relationships are not the only place we are faced with mind games.

Family (squabbles, quarrels & feuds)
Work places (office politics, peer grouping)
Events (group forming, group mindsets)

Basically, any place we interact with other people there are mind games. The motives behind them might be different but the games still exist.

I believe there are very few people that operate on the level, at most times, in most situations.

Mind games are not restricted to verbal communication.
Action and inaction can also be used as a game tool.

Strategy of causing someone to form an opinion about someone else that coincides with your motive.

Strategy to cause another person to act by causing or withholding some deed.

Deception and delusion is deeply rooted in societies.
Can you even imagine living in a world where manipulation doesn't exist, at all?

You dress in those clothes because they are in fashion.
You buy that product because people say it is the best.
You go do things because others say its great.
You vote that way because others convince you.

Anytime we do something contrary to our basic will we are being mind gamed by someone/something else.

I believe this is why there are so many people that are unhappy and stressed out.
They are being played to be something they are not and the conflict is hidden by overload.

Well I do think we are a commercial and political society . As life has been reduced to pwer and money, I can see how deception and manipulation can easily be woven into that tapestry in all walks of life

peggy122's photo
Tue 11/07/17 01:38 PM

Peggy ... I don't play games ... just in the game forums ...bigsmile

I am to old for that cr*p ... I am pretty honest in my messages and profile ... and I have pretty much figured out the red flags ... and I don't play those games ... but have not had to block anyone that I can remember ... with the truth ...they just don't message anymore nor do I ...

laugh the commercials are funny ...
https://youtu.be/IYd2fnWGK_0

Its only when you see the long list of mindgames listed here that you realise you might be guilty of one or two yourself mystical and I dont mean you but most of us.

But I also think Im too old yo practice or tolerate alot of those behaviors . Surely there is a more effective way of navigating thr dating scene as we get older :thumbsup:

I wasnt able to open ip thr link you sent though. Its not available in my country
Peg... I am saying to old now ... but I am guilty when younger or in relationships ... not sure if we have to get hurt so many times but believe we all start with this ... least most ...

Oh yes. I agree!

peggy122's photo
Tue 11/07/17 11:21 AM

The silent treatment

Oh yeah! I hadnt thought sbout that one joe.

Like I said before, some of these examples are such common relationship practices that I hadnt thought of them are mindgames.

However I do think there are a few isolated cases when the silent treatment is a result of the person being so livid that they choose silence over saying something offensive .

But that falls under isolated cases I think. Most silent treatment cases can be classified as a mindgame

Yes, and childish, if you ask me.

I agree its childish and I am guilty of having praticed it myself usually after I requested a change from a mate several times and I got tired of asking. So maybe I should seek your advice joe. What should a person do if they 've brought up an isdue with a partner several times but nothing changes?

Communication is key.
I think if people understand how much of an issue it is to their partner they will make an effort to change.

Have you ever known one of those people in work who criticise everyone else.

‘Oh he’s stupid, I asked him to do this and he’s done it wrong’
Twice I’ve asked her to do this task and it’s still not done’
‘I’ve been waiting 3 days for an answer, and they still haven’t sent it’

You’ve heard things like this, or very similar.
This is a lack of communication, if the person who was given the task knew just how important that task was, you can bet they’d have prioritised it to the top of their list.

I think it’s similar in relationships, if something is really getting you down, how can the other person make an effort to change when they have no idea how much it’s hurting the relationship.

That sounds great on paper Joe, but you and anyone else who has been in a relationship knows there are times for whatever reason that one or both people are not trying hard enough in an area that matters to the other person. I have actually had friends who told me that they walked out on their mate for a day in sheer frustration after asking for something repeatedly that was falling on deaf ears, and it's only after that extreme display , did the mates say they didn't realise how much their partner was being affected.

Im not advocating that anyone should walk out on a mate to resolve an issue. Im saying that actions often speak louder than words , and perhaps there is some appropriate action a person can adopt to convey a need more clearly when words repeatedly fail

peggy122's photo
Tue 11/07/17 09:50 AM

Peggy ... I don't play games ... just in the game forums ...bigsmile

I am to old for that cr*p ... I am pretty honest in my messages and profile ... and I have pretty much figured out the red flags ... and I don't play those games ... but have not had to block anyone that I can remember ... with the truth ...they just don't message anymore nor do I ...

laugh the commercials are funny ...
https://youtu.be/IYd2fnWGK_0

Its only when you see the long list of mindgames listed here that you realise you might be guilty of one or two yourself mystical and I dont mean you but most of us.

But I also think Im too old yo practice or tolerate alot of those behaviors . Surely there is a more effective way of navigating thr dating scene as we get older :thumbsup:

I wasnt able to open ip thr link you sent though. Its not available in my country

peggy122's photo
Tue 11/07/17 09:35 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Tue 11/07/17 09:52 AM

The silent treatment

Like I said before, some of these examples are such common relationship practices that I hadnt thought of them are mindgames.

However I do think there are a few isolated cases when the silent treatment is a result of the person being so livid that they choose silence over saying something offensive .

But that falls under isolated cases I think. Most silent treatment cases can be classified as a mindgame

Yes, and childish, if you ask me.

I agree its childish and I am guilty of having pratised it myself, usually after I requested a change from a mate several times and got tired of asking. So maybe I should seek your advice joe. What should a person do if they 've brought up an issue with a partner several times but nothing changes?

peggy122's photo
Tue 11/07/17 09:11 AM

Ive heard lots of women and men say that they want a serious relationship with no mind games.Can anyone give examples of mind games people play in the dating arena?I am asking because I wonder if others have a different perception of mind games than I do

chicks always play mind games. the silent treatment, flirting with other guys, having tantrums over trivial things, saying don't call me then getting pissed off when you don't call, breaking up with you then getting pissy when you see other people, not saying what they want and and getting mad at the guy, etc.

I agree with all the examples you gave SDCF. I actually do know of many females that do those things but just to be clear... I hear women also complain about the mind games they 've experienced from men so I know its not purely gender driven

peggy122's photo
Tue 11/07/17 09:01 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Tue 11/07/17 09:13 AM

The silent treatment

Like I said before, some of these examples are such common relationship practices that I hadnt perceived them as mindgames.

But I agree that most silent treatment cases can be classified as a mindgame