Community > Posts By > peggy122

peggy122's photo
Tue 10/24/17 03:27 PM
Ghosting (relationships) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosting_(relationships)

Ghosting refers to the act of breaking off a relationship (often used in the context of intimate relationships) by ceasing all communication and contact with the former partner without any apparent warning or justification, as well as avoiding and/or ignoring and refusing to respond in any way to the former partner's ...

peggy122's photo
Tue 10/24/17 06:37 AM
From what I understand, , ghosting is a conscious decision to permanently cut off communication from a loved one without giving them an explanation. Im sure people have valid reasons for doing it sometimes but it seems rather cold to me

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/23/17 04:11 PM
Happy Birthday Pink! You ve had a very tough year. I hope your health is on the mend and the year ahead is filled with joy , fulfilment and prosperity flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/23/17 11:10 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/23/17 11:32 AM
Its interesting that you raised this question jazzinc. Just today I was commenting in another thread that chivalry to me is basically acts of human kindness which shouldnt be confined to just men. Women can open doors, hold a bag for someone and give their seat up for an elderly person on the bus. Therefore to me, a gentle woman is someone who practices kindness and consideration to humanity on the whole

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/23/17 07:38 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/23/17 07:55 AM

For me personally, when a guy is charming, smart and funny,and we share a natural connection, even a coffee date feels special . Im impressed by the guy... not the date.

AMEN!! If only all of them were that way.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

theres a lot of us still around here like peggy :thumbsup:

I'm sure there are. But, the amount is getting smaller and smaller. There are more shallow people now than ever before. I hear all the time about women thinking that men only want one thing. And that may be true for the most part. But, on the other hand, I not only hear it, I've seen it for myself. With many women now, and a lot of those that claim they don't need a man, the measure of a man is what he has and what he can give her.

For many, it's about how successful he is or has been and what he has to offer monetarily. Now, for many, It's more about, "I love you if" than it is "I love you, PERIOD." I've actually seen different women walk off and leave a man because he got sick and couldn't work anymore. After 20 or more years of being together. I've seen some real cold hearted.

If a woman is dating for a longterm relationship, wouldnt she need to choose someone with whom they can mutually make each others dream come through? If a woman adores travelling for example , is it materialistic of her to look for a mate who is financially capable of covering his end of the trips that she hopes they will take together? ? If she dreams to live independently of in law conflict , is it materialistic for her to seek a partner who can at least pay his half of the rent towards the home they move into?

Im wondering if compatability isnt being labelled as materialism?

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/23/17 04:04 AM

Feminism killed chivalry. "What men can do, we can also." And they complain when guys don't open doors for them anymore...

Chivalry is less practised than it used to be but I still see it often enough to know its alive.

What I wish is that chivalry was ingrained in both men and women because to me it embodies simple kindness to humanity that we should all practice

If a man or anyone else for that matter is behind me when I open a door, I leave it open for them to ealj through . If an elderly man cant find a seat on a bus, whats wrong with a woman giving up her seat for him?

I dont see why kindness should be gender-based

peggy122's photo
Sun 10/22/17 04:14 PM
Happy Birthday Godsfriend! I hope you had a spectacular day!flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Sun 10/22/17 04:11 PM

Random thought...

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0DMJQM6izUI

Or maybe they prefer an air of mystery Rosie happy

peggy122's photo
Sun 10/22/17 05:33 AM

^^^^I needed to listen at a very low volume and it was okay. waving

Thanks waterloo waving

peggy122's photo
Sun 10/22/17 05:23 AM
Here's mine. Hope it doesn't sound muffled lol
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0fBh9frylFy

peggy122's photo
Sat 10/21/17 07:18 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Sat 10/21/17 07:21 AM

Life. From my experience, even if two people connect initially, people change. Life changes them, so being happy within the first year or five, does not mean that you'll be together forever.

Work, school, kids, friends, tragedies, stress...unlimited number of reasons why relationships end.

I agree with this, but I also think that because of all the stresses described above, people stop making the time to nurture their relationship ie to communicate, to date , to have fun.

In the beginning of a relationship , there is more adrenalin that carrying the uniom, but as that fades with time, genuine conscious effort is needed to keep that fire alive and many are not committed to the ongoing effort that's required

I also think that many of us choose incompatible mates and those stark differences pull a couple apart over time

peggy122's photo
Sat 10/21/17 07:01 AM

Women are involved...any questions?shades

rofl

peggy122's photo
Fri 10/20/17 12:01 PM

You are a brave girl Peggyflowerforyou

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lu flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Fri 10/20/17 11:46 AM

come on peggy you can do it!!!!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Eric flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Fri 10/20/17 11:40 AM

the courage to change my career

That takes a lot of courage, Peggy...
Especially if you have family depending on you.shades

Well to be fair Max, I dont have a husband or kids so in that regard , there are less complications to the process. Im still scared to do it though ohwell

peggy122's photo
Fri 10/20/17 08:32 AM

i'm thinking peggy is going to go dancing bigsmile

No Eric. Dancing was not even a temptation for me that day with all that delicious rain happy

I'm thinking Peggy has a lovely new photo posted.

Thanks Poetrywriter! flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Fri 10/20/17 08:15 AM
the courage to change my career

peggy122's photo
Thu 10/19/17 03:59 PM
My country celebrated diwali yesterday. Happy diwali to the hindu community!

peggy122's photo
Wed 10/18/17 05:48 AM
All this glorious rain! and Im home to enjoy it! :)

peggy122's photo
Wed 10/18/17 05:46 AM
It's complicated staMeryl streep and Alec Baldwin