Community > Posts By > peggy122

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 10:44 AM

I don't know how is this any different than meeting someone online then getting to know them.. over course of a year or two they tell you they're not married then you find out they are married still...

Pretty sure you'd break things off with them... just for deceiving you..

They're just still married.. they haven't raped or killed anybody...
So my answer would be cut ties with them..
That's what Society does when somebody rapes or kills somebody else... that's the punishment... you get shunned...

Now if it was your own child doing the raping or killing..hmmmm....well.. A Parent's Love is Blind..sooo.. of course you would need to support them... but outside of that..nope...

Not sure if its the same principle Doc.The reason I would cut off communication with a bf I duscovered was married is the same reaso I would have eliminated him from becoming ny bf if I knew he was married. I would cut vommunication because I respect other people's marriages and have no desire to be instrumental in breakibg up one.

In the case of not cutting off a criminal friend, I dont feel like Im disrespecting anyone including the victims families as I would suport the retribution of the law.

And the same mercy you would give towards your child is a fraction of the mercy I would extend to the friend who was good to me by giving them the chance to explain why they did what they did and even if there is any genuine remorse there
.. well I think it is the same deception is deception no matter what...
.. if your friend killed someone or raped someone but never told you.. kept that part of their life secret from you..well.. it's a deception.. if you never met this person before.. would you be friends with this person if you met them after they raped or killed someone..?..

If I dont know the person who committed these crimes , then nothing connects me to them so I would prefer to stay away from pitential danger . If however,Ive experienced a completely loving side of them in the context of a friendship ,and then this new information of their crimes emerge, then the relationship I had with them before connects me to them in some way , in a fraction of the way your heart still feels connected to your child even after you discoved his deception to you .

To some people, friends feel more like family than their own blood relatives.

That said, your response is typical of most people in that horrible situation and understandable
.. okay let's coming at it from this angle.. your father brutally heinously kills your mother.... or vice a versa... they're still your parent... but they just murdered your other parent.... bit of a dilemma... love hate..

And thats exactly my point Doc. It is possible to have two opposing enotions brewing in you at the same time. Sometimes one emotion overpowers the other. Sometimes the conflicting emotions reach a stalemate and you just power through as best as you can with what your conscience can tolerate

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 10:26 AM

You discover your friend is a rapist

Would you immediately end the friendship?

YES. Without a doubt.

Would you operate the same if it was a family member lu?

Hi Peggy.

Yes.

Thanks for your honesty lu flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 10:08 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/30/17 10:13 AM

I don't know how is this any different than meeting someone online then getting to know them.. over course of a year or two they tell you they're not married then you find out they are married still...

That's what Society does when somebody rapes or kills somebody else... that's the punishment... you get shunned...

Now if it was your own child doing the raping or killing..hmmmm....well.. A Parent's Love is Blind..sooo.. of course you would need to support them... but outside of that..nope...

Not sure if its the same principle Doc.The reason I would cut off communication with a bf I duscovered was married is the same reaso I would have eliminated him from becoming ny bf if I knew he was married. I would cut vommunication because I respect other people's marriages and have no desire to be instrumental in breakibg up one.

In the case of not cutting off a criminal friend, I dont feel like Im disrespecting anyone including the victims families as I would suport the retribution of the law.

And the same mercy you would give towards your child is a fraction of the mercy I would extend to the friend who was good to me by giving them the chance to explain why they did what they did and even if there is any genuine remorse there
.. well I think it is the same deception is deception no matter what...
.. if your friend killed someone or raped someone but never told you.. kept that part of their life secret from you..well.. it's a deception.. if you never met this person before.. would you be friends with this person if you met them after they raped or killed someone..?..

If I dont know the person who committed these crimes , then nothing connects me to them so I would prefer to stay away from pitential danger . If however,Ive experienced a completely loving side of them in the context of a friendship ,and then this new information of their crimes emerge, then the relationship I had with them before connects me to them in some way , in a fraction of the way your heart still feels connected to your child even after you discoved his deception to you .

To some people, friends feel more like family than their own blood relatives.

That said, your response is typical of most people in that horrible situation and understandable

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 09:36 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/30/17 09:42 AM

Not sure if its the same principle Doc.The reason I would cut off communication with a bf I discovered was married is the same reason I would have eliminated him from becoming my bf if I knew he was married. I would cut communication because I respect other people's marriages and have no desire to be instrumental in the destruction of his relationship

In the case of not cutting off a criminal friend, I dont feel like Im disrespecting anyone including the victims families as I would suport the full retribution of the law.

And the same mercy you would give your child is a fraction of the mercy I would extend to the friend who was good to me by giving them the chance to explain why they did what they did and even to see if there is any genuine remorse there

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 09:21 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/30/17 09:23 AM

Get shot,
Friends can be broken as well as made.

Very true, but how do you reconcile the concept of gratitude if the person was good to you and your family for years.

Is that memory wiped out by the discovery of their crime?

Hi Peggy,
Well, that is something you'll need to think over and put into perspective.
You can't erase the memory but neither can you erase the memory of there wrong doing.
I have had a few good friends over the years that I've chosen not to mix with anymore, seriously heavy stuff, they are good people just playing the wrong game for me.
As for if it were a family member it depends on the crime.

Ive cut off friendships with some people as well , not even because of crimes but because their frequent moodiness towards our friendship, which is a trait I have a low threshold for .

That said, if they needed help with something I would most likely assist and in the case of a criminal , I could see myself giving the person a chance to explain why they did what they did

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 09:10 AM

End the friendship as fast as you can. That's why you always share everything with your mother. Parents are experienced. We should take advices from them. Because Parents loves you more than anybody in this whole world.

Even that rapist, criminal was kind and honest with you. If you want good for him. Then help him to change and accept his crimes or sins. Give justice to victims. But According to my experience... Womens are innocent and they try their best to never end relation. But now days mens are crazy. ah i think i gone a little extreme. Well But i always see women as a victims.

The wonen arent always the victim calm passenger but I understand your concern about the vulnerability of a woman in a friendship like that. And I agres with you that your friend should pay for his crime . No debate there. Thanks for your contribution :)

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 08:57 AM

Get shot,

Very true, but how do you reconcile the concept of gratitude if the person was good to you and your family for years.

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 08:47 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/30/17 08:52 AM

Get shot,

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 08:42 AM

You discover your friend is a rapist

Would you immediately end the friendship?

YES. Without a doubt.

Would you operate the same if it was a family member lu?

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 08:40 AM

I think I would have to view a oerson like that through divine eyes Pisces. I dont tgink the average human heart has the cspacity for that level of forgiveness. In fact, aoart from children, I dont think msny people are that forgiving as a whole

I agree peggy, unfortunately there are very few. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we seem to lose that ability to see with Divine eyes.

Exactly

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 06:59 AM

Just live your life and don't worry about it...If happens great and if it doesn't you still can have a great life...

Exaxtly

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 06:17 AM

quote from peggy
We wont be buddies anymore but Im not sure if I could cut them off altogether either.

so what not friends anymore but visit them in jail and help support their defense ?

For me , visiting them in jail is not supporting their defense. I already made it clear that I would support the full retribution of the law, but I would honor the friendship we had by trying to understand why they did what they did

Yes, I agree, more likely I would too. Forgiveness and compassion doesn't mean I condone their actions, or defend them.

If my father abused me, I would find forgiveness and still love him.... but that doesn't mean I accept his behaviors as being okay. He once said he should have gone to jail for his actions... yes he should have! But his remorse over the years was his punishment and I still loved him, even now that he's in his grave!

So in the end, I would be the same way for a friend.

Its admirable that you were able to forgive your father under those horrible circumstances Pisces. It really says alot about you flowerforyou

Thanks peggy flowerforyou

This subject definitely makes one think though. Had he raped me or killed my mother, I can't honestly say I would have found forgiveness or compassion. I would hope so, but I guess one never truly knows how they would react in any situation, until they are experiencing it.

I have forgiven those who have victimized me, but of those few, only the ones that are family have I continued to associate with.

Thank you for posting this.... truly a thought provoking topic flowerforyou

Oh wow pisces! If it were done to me, then Im not sure if I could forgive them either :(

I always wondered how people reconcile such conflicting emotions or if the conflict morphs into permanant contempt

And thanks for your thought provoking responses.:)

It takes a lot peggy, you have to be able to detach from your emotions and practice discernment. It's not about you or has anything to do with who you are as to why someone would hurt you in that way. It's about them and their sick mind that makes them think it's okay to do that, for whatever reason that may be.

As far as forgiving, yes, it's difficult. It takes a lot of praying for the willingness to be willing to forgive. And praying for the souls who have been damaged from such acts, including the perpetrator's soul. Our souls are precious, some for whatever reason walk in a dark light. If there was no forgiveness, how would they ever find the light?

Some never will, and that's really sad, for them and those that they continue to harm.

I think I would have to view a oerson like that through divine eyes Pisces. I dont tgink the average human heart has the cspacity for that level of forgiveness. In fact, aoart from children, I dont think msny people are that forgiving as a whole

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 06:01 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/30/17 06:10 AM

... or a serial killer, or a drug lord or something equally horrible ...

They are now being charged for their crime and going through all the legal proceedings .

They have been loyal and kind to you for years, but now you have to reconcile that with the fact that they have devastated many lives.

Would you immediately end the friendship? If not, what would you do?

Ps: With the discovery of abusers like Jared Fogle, and other seemingly normal people in recent times, it really made me wonder how friends and family of these perpetrators coped with this new information

I would end the friendship. Someone with those character flaws would go against the grain of my beliefs. I could not phantom continuing a friendship.

For most prople, I think the decision will be that simple, but like I said, if if were a child or parent , perhaps the process would be a lot more complex

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 05:52 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/30/17 05:54 AM

... or a serial killer, or a drug lord or something equally horrible ...
They are now being charged for their crime and going through all the legal proceedings .
They have been loyal and kind to you for years, but now you have to reconcile that with the fact that they have devastated many lives.
Would you immediately end the friendship? If not, what would you do?
Ps: With the discovery of abusers like Jared Fogle, and other seemingly normal people in recent times, it really made me wonder how friends and family of these perpetrators coped with this new information

Here are some thoughts inspired by this OP.

Past/Present/Future

People live their lives in the present. The 'Now'.
Considering that one can only know what one experiences during the continuation of the now. Nobody can know everything about anyone but themselves.

The only actual understanding of another is formed by their participation with you in your now. Their history of participation with you, in the now, creates a pattern of familiarity in your past with them.

If that person has always been conducive to your personality, when you find out they are not that way with others, its a shock to your understanding of who they are with you. It causes you to think they have been dishonest with you and the first reflex is usually anger or sadness. That they were the 'problem'.

In reality, it is your own idea of who that person was, based on limited understanding of who they actually are. It is impossible to know anyone as well as you know yourself. It is a failure of your own idolization of that person that hurts the most.

Very true tom.But even when we learn facts about a person that are diametrically opposed to the experience we had with them, it doesnt cancel out the identity that you personally experienced from them. A person could be a heartless wife but an amazing attentive mother for example. The conflicting knowledge of one identity doesnt always cancel out the other identity. Or does it?

peggy122's photo
Mon 10/30/17 04:53 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 10/30/17 04:55 AM

quote from peggy
We wont be buddies anymore but Im not sure if I could cut them off altogether either.

so what not friends anymore but visit them in jail and help support their defense ?

For me , visiting them in jail is not supporting their defense. I already made it clear that I would support the full retribution of the law, but I would honor the friendship we had by trying to understand why they did what they did

Yes, I agree, more likely I would too. Forgiveness and compassion doesn't mean I condone their actions, or defend them.

If my father abused me, I would find forgiveness and still love him.... but that doesn't mean I accept his behaviors as being okay. He once said he should have gone to jail for his actions... yes he should have! But his remorse over the years was his punishment and I still loved him, even now that he's in his grave!

So in the end, I would be the same way for a friend.

Its admirable that you were able to forgive your father under those horrible circumstances Pisces. It really says alot about you flowerforyou

Thanks peggy flowerforyou

This subject definitely makes one think though. Had he raped me or killed my mother, I can't honestly say I would have found forgiveness or compassion. I would hope so, but I guess one never truly knows how they would react in any situation, until they are experiencing it.

I have forgiven those who have victimized me, but of those few, only the ones that are family have I continued to associate with.

Thank you for posting this.... truly a thought provoking topic flowerforyou

Oh wow pisces! If it were done to me, then Im not sure if I could forgive them either :(

I always wondered how people reconcile such conflicting emotions or if the conflict morphs into permanant contempt

And thanks for your thought provoking responses.:)

peggy122's photo
Sun 10/29/17 06:26 AM
Happy Birthday Shibu!

peggy122's photo
Sat 10/28/17 03:22 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Sat 10/28/17 03:36 PM
I agree with all the posters here. The reality is that the skill of memorising and recall are the lowest levels of learning .Analysis, synthesis, and evaluation are the highest ,

In my country, the assignment tasks for lower school start off with questions like "List/identify the advantages of" or "State the procedure of", which excercise students skills of recall.

By the time they reach the age of 15, the tasks progress to questions like " analyse to what extent is a particular statement true or " evaluate the criteria used for guaging the success for a particular event, Those are aimed at developing the higher learing skills of Analysis and critical thinking.

Thats why Im really excited when students are given projects that involve enacting one's perception of a Literatre character or historical figure or event ,as it taps into skills of interpretation , analysis etc. The educational system definitely needs to get more strategic and creative across the board.

peggy122's photo
Sat 10/28/17 03:22 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Sat 10/28/17 03:30 PM

peggy122's photo
Sat 10/28/17 02:29 PM

yes people do actually meet and date from online. it is not an order it up like amazon shopping. so i doubt you are doing anything wrong. as for the fakes just report and block. don't waste energy on them

Exactly

peggy122's photo
Sat 10/28/17 11:03 AM

He wasn't a friend in the first place. He lied to you about his true self. Like these scam artist here trying to claim they want a relationship but really want your money. Wtf

Hmmm... I agree with you that both people are guilty of evil sheri, but I dont know if I can accuse one of the persons of being fake in their friendship though