Community > Posts By > peggy122

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 04:47 AM

Ok. I can meet up for a date and I'll pay for myself. That seems fair.

only if we can have a skeeball tournament cat, other wise it's my $20 first date treatwinking

Good old Eric is stepping up to the plate. You got game Sir !glasses

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 04:45 AM

Ok. I can meet up for a date and I'll pay for myself. That seems fair.

I see nothing wrong with that if it makes you happy Cat :)

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 04:43 AM

Because that's what a gentleman does when he ask a lady out? noway

and who get to determine she's a lady?huh tongue2

A doctor ofcourse… Doesn't EVERYBODY invite a medical professional along on their first date? whoa

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 04:39 AM

Because that's what a gentleman does when he ask a lady out? noway

I'm with you on this one Queenie... At least for the first date. Other dates can be negotiated I think.

Besides I get a weird knot in my stomach if a guy is ambivalent about spending 20 bucks on me. Clearly one of us is not doing something right ohwell

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 04:34 AM
Boy or girl can do it if they are interested enough. There are no rules

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 02:29 AM

It's true science doesn't have all the answers and readily admits it , but in the areas they can't explain, do they give religion the benefit of the doubt?
Admitting that they don't have all the answers is not the same thing as deferring to a higher power , Is it?

the religious ones do , i am guessen

well to call higher power science you would have to prove it

maybe later when , if we live that long , make time travel or stop using stored up farts in an empty beer can for get up and go
<shrug>

In the article Dodo David used as a reference, there were some scientific experts who were genuinely willing to give religion the benefit of the doubt in the areas science couldn't explain. And from what I recall though I only read that article once the scientists assigned 2 separate roles to science and religion , one being the mechanics of how things came to be and the other being the meaning or values assigned to events if I paraphrased correctly.

It did make sense to me but I do think there is a crossing over at times where religion does try to explain the mechanics of thimgs from a divine stand point , and I don't think the majority of scientists are cool with that lol, but to each , his own as you implied Dat :)

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 02:17 AM

Perhaps the middle ground lies in the statement "the more we discover the more we realise how little we know".

I'm open minded about these things going for a song so that would certainly be MY middleground. Thanks!

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 02:14 AM

Perhaps because they think that being in science means that they know everything. (They don't) There are many things they haven't yet even come in contact with. It's great to question. Normal people spend plenty of their life questioning, especially questioning those things they don't understand. Some people like to tell you they've got it all figured out.

That makes sense nickistaken :thumbsup:

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 07:36 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Thu 01/03/19 07:39 PM

So the guy is easy on the eye, smells great , and the phone conversations are lovely!

Time for the first date...

But what if he only had $20.00

huh How much money does the other person have?

Seriously, why must the man pay for everything?

Nobody said the man HAD to paylaugh
But on a first date when the guy asks the lady out, it's not a foreign concept for the man to pick up the tab :)

And where is your meme with the $20. pack of dates Dodo?

I've been waiting for it all evening :cry:

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 07:27 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Thu 01/03/19 07:27 PM

I just did 5 jumping jacks.

Why am I not skinny yet ? ohwell

and just how many twinkies did you eat to energize yourself for the 5 jumping jacks?tongue2

5 if you must know. How is that relevant ? whoa

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 07:14 PM
I just did 5 jumping jacks.

Why am I not skinny yet ? ohwell

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 06:51 PM

Is it an oxymoron to be scientific and religious?

No, it is not, as explained in my article "God & Science".

Thanks for the article David flowerforyou

It seems like the sociologists and scientists in that article are happy to embrace the potential existence of a higher power out there, in light of all the gaps that research could not cover... And that makes complete sense to me, but then why are so many scientists professed atheists or agnostics?

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 06:36 PM

Kinda what "Dat" was saying
Religion as we know it is not perfect and theres always more to learn and discover
No matter of what faith you are .
Learning and discovering sounds like science to me !

Are the more established religions of the world learning and discovering or are they finding new ways of reinforcing what was already taught?

I don't have an answer to this by the way. I was just thinking out aloud

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 06:32 PM

Where is the middle ground?
The conflict of interest Dat, is that science pronounces fact based on scientific evidence, Religion asserts truth often based on faith.

k let me say it this way then , have we explored everything out there ?
no
so forth can we 100 % say for sure that some one all mighty and great or multiple gods (if you are in to that )is not out there poppen out galaxies ?
no cause we cant see that far

so then by science its self would lead to believe that there could be ... because science after all is the whole, i did it this way with this mixer and added this and pinch of that and i got this result 99.9 % of the time
ie = repeatable stuffs
ie = science something that can be done over and over again and get the same outcome or about its like a 99.999999999999999 something balance

scientific evidence aye something that can be repeated
and something that has tangible evidence

have you see the edge of the universe ?
i have not , nor have they told us that they can
so by rights , Science has nothing to do with ruling it out really , well all dictating on what religion there are like 5,000 something out there
and in any of the heaven and hell ones , i dont ever reading a distance on how far out or how deep they are

really you are picking the wrong fight for me on this one, as i am not religious and do hope that there is somethen out there that has not killed them selfs, like we humans seam hell bent on doing

but ya got to keep in mind of the way i think as well
mother mary had a baby with out having cortuss .. we do that now a days, Doc's are real good at it
i can go on , but i think ya get my gyst

but any who i see nothing in the science that says you cant believe in a higher power or that it couldnt happen for that matter
hhmm forgot think its stage 5 civilization , or was it 7 that makes there own galaxy
<shrug>
cant prove he aint in the fish bowl if ya aint seen the whole fish bowl inside and out .. i could go and list all the things we cant do and dont know , but uhm no

and there is another thought as well , what if god / gods was / are interdenominational , or multidimensional for that matter or other things are tiny human brains cant even fan tum

science cant rule it out , highly unlikely , yes i would give ya that , but ya cant rule it out that some advance race or races made this area and put us out here / made us

even if we could see the other side , per say the edge of the universe , all they way around us , up , down , etc etc etc you cant say one way or the other
science is proof
is she there / are they there / is he there ?
can you see that far ?

It's true science doesn't have all the answers and readily admits it , but in the areas they can't explain, do they give religion the benefit of the doubt?
Admitting that they don't have all the answers is not the same thing as deferring to a higher power , Is it?

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 06:20 PM

Scientist are for the love of science
Lovers of god are for gods love
Can i not be a electrician and a plumber ?

There is no conflict of interest between a plumber and an electrician , They both fix or erect things based on stipulated knowledge they've been taught that compliment each other's craft.

Scientists and Religious gurus appear to operate on tenants that are not always congruent with each other. That said, if you suggested that some scientists selectively suspend their scientific convictions for the greater love of God, that makes complete sense to me

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 06:00 PM

When I say flea market, it's like a giant outdoor yard sale. It's mostly used stuff and some new. Food being sold. You don't pay to get in. You can be there for hours.

yes I know about flea markets but I was asking about amusement parks separately . I love the idea of that for a date , but I don't know how much the rides cost in the States

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 05:57 PM

Picnics are fun and don't cost a lot.

$20 in the gas tank and a country drive can be nice too. Or travel to a small town and walk around the downtown area.

Raining or snowing weather... build a snowman, make cookies, movie and popcorn, or have a picnic in the living room with a bottle of sparkling juice and fondue.

Great ideas River!

It takes some creativity , doesn't it?

Have you been on any inexpensive dates that you really enjoyed?

Pretty much everything I listed, except building a snowman and baking cookies together :)

I've been fishing out on the Reef in Florida for a date, that was fun. And strolling on the beach looking for seashells was a lot of fun too.

Most of the dates I've been on were inexpensive, a lot of the things I enjoy don't really cost a lot of money.

One I really enjoyed was a day trip where we visited the beach, then went into the mountains and visited waterfalls, and stopped at little towns along the way checking out all the cool stuff. It was with a friend, not really a romantic date but it meant a lot to me and I had a blast. It might have been more than $20 for gas though? Adding a little romance to that would be my ideal kind of date smitten

are you talking about yourbeach trup witj etic biggrin

What about the road trip with mk .. was that under $20 laugh laugh :angel: ..were is he by the way., did his truck break down :wink: waving

Man.. I've clearly been away from mingle for too long laugh

Hiya Blondey!
: like sands through dr Phil's hourglass laugh so are the days of our mingle lives ...welcome home Peggy waving

rofl waving

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 05:44 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Thu 01/03/19 05:55 PM

One does not exclude the other.

Posing the same question to you nickistaken, The conflict of interest, is that science pronounces fact based on scientific evidence, Religion asserts truth often based on faith.

Where is the middle ground?

My favorite quote that I think applies is this:

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

All you have to do, is substitute Science for Caesar,and you've got the balance point.

I'm not trying to be difficult Igor. I'm just seeking clarification when I ask the following question..

What belongs exclusively to God/religion that Science can't infiltrate and what belongs exclusively to Science that God /religion can't infiltrate?

It's a little bit like the long-term conundrum between the church and the state.

Understand my confusion?

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 05:39 PM

Picnics are fun and don't cost a lot.

$20 in the gas tank and a country drive can be nice too. Or travel to a small town and walk around the downtown area.

Raining or snowing weather... build a snowman, make cookies, movie and popcorn, or have a picnic in the living room with a bottle of sparkling juice and fondue.

Great ideas River!

It takes some creativity , doesn't it?

Have you been on any inexpensive dates that you really enjoyed?

Pretty much everything I listed, except building a snowman and baking cookies together :)

I've been fishing out on the Reef in Florida for a date, that was fun. And strolling on the beach looking for seashells was a lot of fun too.

Most of the dates I've been on were inexpensive, a lot of the things I enjoy don't really cost a lot of money.

One I really enjoyed was a day trip where we visited the beach, then went into the mountains and visited waterfalls, and stopped at little towns along the way checking out all the cool stuff. It was with a friend, not really a romantic date but it meant a lot to me and I had a blast. It might have been more than $20 for gas though? Adding a little romance to that would be my ideal kind of date smitten

are you talking about yourbeach trup witj etic biggrin

What about the road trip with mk .. was that under $20 laugh laugh :angel: ..were is he by the way., did his truck break down :wink: waving

Man.. I've clearly been away from mingle for too long laugh

Hiya Blondey!

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 05:34 PM

do we dare try a round of mini golf?

I don't think I;m good at it but I'm certainly willing to try happy

that makes 2 of us.
this could be very entertaining

Yeah. You'll be laughing at me the entire time. And I never miss an opportunity to laugh at myself so we will have a BALL

(See what I did there?)

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25