Community > Posts By > Quietman_2009

Quietman_2009's photo
Thu 06/21/12 07:32 PM
if you can't describe it with math it's not truth, only philosophy

Quietman_2009's photo
Wed 06/20/12 08:08 PM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Wed 06/20/12 08:10 PM
I wouldn't worry what the Pope says. He doesn't know if it's tomorrow or a hundred years from now. Jesus said NO one knows when. Not even him.

Myself, I don't think he THE Pope. Just A Pope. Catholics are only one of a bunch of Churches. The oldest Christian Church is actually the Ethiopian Church

Quietman_2009's photo
Wed 06/20/12 02:31 PM
Sometimes I think about my father's last words to me just before he died. Just before he died he said, "Careful son, that shotgun is loaded."

Quietman_2009's photo
Tue 06/19/12 07:09 PM
when I was in school in the70's they searched my stuff all the time. Especially when I was smelling particularly roachy

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 12:20 PM
My " choose file" button is visible but is not active. Or am I doin something wrong?

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 11:39 AM

And besides, if they are much younger than fourty I just can't get em to shut up

Younger than thirty and we don't have anything to talk about except, "So, what did you do in school today?"

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 09:52 AM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Mon 06/18/12 10:01 AM
im kinda scared to get into this one. So much word salad and half truths and möbius twisted facts

first, there is no such thing as "Palestine". There are no ethnic Palestinians. Seventy years ago they were just "Arabs". There has never been a place called Palestine until the British invented it after World War II.

When the Jews began moving kibbutzes into the area they got along fine with the local Arabs. They had communal crops and water wells

I can't remember his name, but the caliph or whatever in Jerusalem was in a power struggle over leadership of the Muslim population. He was offered monetary and political support by Hitler. But under one condition. You can guess that condition. And from there it spiraled into the mess we have now

Seems like every political crisis we have is a left over from WW2

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 09:10 AM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Mon 06/18/12 09:14 AM

So last fall we were out deer huntin. Myself and three friends, Jim Bob, David, and Budreaux (he's from Lousian)

We had a two bedroom cabin so we had to double up two to a room. Problem is that Jim Bob snores so loud that we knew no one could sleep with him. So we decided to rotate and take turns so we would only miss one night of sleep each

I drew the first night and sure enough it was like trying to sleep with a freight train in the room. The next mornin I came infor breakfast all exhausted and red eyed. The other guys asked me how it was and I said, "I didn't sleep a wink. Just sat there all night and watched him snore"

The next night was Davids turn. And he showed up for breakfast all red eyed and exhausted. He said, "not a wink. Just sat up all night and watched him"

So the last night at deer camp was Budreaux's turn.

He showed up for breakfast all chipper and rested and JIM BOB was all exhausted and red eyed. We asked him what happened and he said, "I just patted him on the butt and kissed him goodnight. And he sat up all night watching ME!

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 08:20 AM
*singing*

There's Republicans and Democrats and SuperPac Executives
And they're all made of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 08:10 AM

So, the Obama Admin is suing the States to prevent them from requiring ID's to vote

And Michelle Obama on her book signing tour refuses to give out autographs unless a person can show valid ID

hahahaha the silliness of our govt

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 08:03 AM
Hey! How is Ft Stockton? Y'all been gettin more rain than us it looks like. I'm gonna be down in a few weeks. I want to tour the dialysis clinic there. I've been thinkin about a change and it only about ten minutes further than Odessa

Good to see ya agin

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 07:58 AM
My CHOICE is to believe that I am a clay pot

And God is the potter. Does the pot really get to care what it is filled with? Does a pot get to complain about what other pots are filled with? So for intolerant Christians and secularist all I can say is STFU.

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 07:51 AM
i don't get why anyone could think creationism and evolution are not two words for the same thing

Evolution is just creationism that takes a REALLY long time

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 07:45 AM
I agree. You can't get elected without funding from special interest. And they are buying your vote. If you don't vote the way they tell you then your funds dry up and you can't get re-elected

I think the way our system is designed that gridlock is the default action of Congress. No one faction gets to dominate. They are there to govern. Not to rule

I've decide that

Man is righteous and noble. Men are greedy and corrupt.
The Constitution protects Man from government but does nothing to protect government from men. Obama, Boehner. Pelosi... all of em are just cardboard cutouts performing roles. Get rid of one and they'll just substitute another

As Golding (Total Quality Managment guy) says, don't blame the guy for being corrupt or incompetent but blame the system for allowing it

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 07:30 AM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Mon 06/18/12 07:32 AM
I agree with all that. And have two additional points to make

1. You're supposed to gather the facts and data and from that formulate a theory. It's common on the Internet for people to formulate a theory and then gather facts and data to support it.

2. There are agnostics and atheists and secularists who have their beliefs and that's fine. Then there are the Anti-Christians who seem to have some sort of chip on their shoulder and devote all their time and energy to ridiculing Christianity and people of faith. They revert to point 1 cherry picking anything they find in order to debunk and deny a persons right to believe what they choose.

That is their choice. But I'm just not a good enough of a Christian to keep from popping them in the nose when they start in on me

Quietman_2009's photo
Mon 06/18/12 04:17 AM
I'm not the kind of person you want to yell at on the street. My first impulse was to throw my Lone Star beer bottle through his windshield. So in that respect I think I showed restraint.

Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 06/17/12 09:01 PM
so I get out of dialysis and I'm driving home. I stop at a red ligh and I go to flick my cigarette out the window. And this guy next to me in a Volvo starts yelling at me "Hey! Don't flick your nasty cigarette on the street. It's people like you blah blah blah..."

So I flicked it through his window into his car instead.

Do you think I over reacted?

Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 06/17/12 08:55 PM
I used to be

But that was before the surgery

Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 06/17/12 08:47 PM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Sun 06/17/12 08:48 PM
HI WINXIE!!!

Good to see you gumdrop!

Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 06/17/12 08:42 PM
i have developed a whole philosophy for myself. Before, I was independent

And then I read George Washington's Farewell Address a few months ago. He warned us then to not allow political parties to infest our government. They will be guaranteed corruption and place the good of the party before the welfare of the Nation. Both parties are sellouts to different special interests. Nothing will ever change until we outlaw political parties. They a destroying America and anyone who supports them are accomplices

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25