Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 05/02/10 11:02 AM

Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 05/02/10 10:58 AM

In a van... Down by the river ...:tongue:

Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 05/02/10 10:51 AM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Sun 05/02/10 10:51 AM

I wonder how the American Indians feel due to the fact we are all illegal aliens...hmmmmwhat what what

actually the American Indians are immigrants also. They came from Siberia across the land bridge

the original American, the "Clovis People" were wiped out by a mini ice age cause by a giant meteorite strike

but even then, the Kiowa stoile the land from the Comanche, the Comanche then stole the land of the Apache, who then stole land from the Navajo, who pushed the Hopi further into Arizona, etc etc etc

Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 05/02/10 08:32 AM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Sun 05/02/10 08:33 AM
this isnt the one I was thinking of but its interesting

his old video explained how he went through a Marshall head and then ran that through a Fender head to get the power he needed

but this one is kinda cool too

oops I guess the link would help haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tszq32jNRHQ

Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 05/02/10 08:24 AM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Sun 05/02/10 08:28 AM
yeah whatver you do will color the sound. you just have to find one that you like

a old tube amp would b best. they seem to have a warmer sound and are prolly cheapest too

there is a video on you tube of Robin Trower explaining his amp set up and how he gets his sound. I'll go see if I can find that

Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 05/02/10 08:20 AM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Sun 05/02/10 08:22 AM
I dunno whn I joined. This is my second profile so I can't go by that date. The first one had about 15,000 posts and this one has around 7000ish

I know it was just after the "just say hi" switch to mingle cause there were so many people complaining about it

I remember that a LOT of the established clique didn't like me much and thought I was a rude azzhole. Now I've been here long enough that they KNOW I'm a rude azzhole

Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 05/02/10 08:14 AM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Sun 05/02/10 08:15 AM
I'v known several pople working on their doctoral thesis. and ALL of them complained of a lack of a social life. It's just the nature of the beast.

you have to pour everything you have into the research and writing of it and you'll just have to put your social life on hold till its done...

or not

a lot of pople also abandon their thesis when they realize how demanding it is

it's a matter of priorities as to which is most important

Quietman_2009's photo
Sun 05/02/10 08:08 AM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Sun 05/02/10 08:09 AM
yes, a degree in electronics would help

a guitar amplifier just takes the signal fromn the guitar and increases th amplitude of it in ropughly the folloing configuration

if you want it to support more power and voltage (the bigger the signal peak to peak, the volume you'll be able to support) you have to add more stags to the amp.

what you might do is get a second cheaper amp head (pawn shops are a good place) and feed the output from the first one to the second

Quietman_2009's photo
Sat 05/01/10 07:23 PM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Sat 05/01/10 07:24 PM
well he did write "Blinded by the Light" that Manfred Mann did such a good job with

I always got a kick out of his concerts. thousands of gel haired frat boys with alligators and polo ponys on their shirts and penny loafers with no socks yelling "Tramps like us..."

Quietman_2009's photo
Sat 05/01/10 07:19 PM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Sat 05/01/10 07:19 PM
guys just want women

old, young, tall, short, chubby, skinny, dark, blonde...

most guys get laid so seldom that they cant afford to be choosy

Quietman_2009's photo
Sat 05/01/10 07:12 PM
never ask a person if they are from Texas

if they are they will tell you

if they aren't you'll only embarass them

Quietman_2009's photo
Sat 05/01/10 07:11 PM

Thank you, lisa.

I would smack him for you but i`, in the bathroom taking a poop.

And by the way, Phil is a total SEX GOD

surprised scared surprised scared surprised scared surprised

Quietman_2009's photo
Sat 05/01/10 07:07 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cobbler...

Quietman_2009's photo
Sat 05/01/10 06:07 AM
Edited by Quietman_2009 on Sat 05/01/10 06:08 AM
been there done that. It's just like New York City but the people are shorter

but they do sell beer in McDonalds

Quietman_2009's photo
Sat 05/01/10 06:05 AM
“I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But part of the American way is you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or you’re providing a good service. We don’t want people to stop fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow the economy.”

--President Obama

who decides how much is too much? Obama made $5 million last year. Is that too much?

Quietman_2009's photo
Sat 05/01/10 05:23 AM
Arizona deputy shot; illegal immigrants suspected

By BOB CHRISTIE (AP) – 2 hours ago

PHOENIX — Law officers backed by helicopters hunted gunmen in Arizona's desert early Saturday after a sheriff's deputy was wounded by suspected illegal immigrants believed to be smuggling marijuana, officials said. The violent episode came amid nationwide debate over the state's tough new immigration law.

Pinal County Deputy Louie Puroll was patrolling alone Friday afternoon in a rugged area near Interstate 8, about 50 miles south of Phoenix, when he came upon a band of suspected smugglers, authorities said.

At least one of five suspects opened fire on the 53-year-old lawman, tearing a chunk of skin from just above his left kidney. The officer was found after a frantic hourlong search, Pinal County sheriff's Lt. Tamatha Villar said...

Arizona politicians called Friday's shooting an outrage and urged the federal government to do more to secure the border with Mexico.

"Regardless of the outcome of tonight's manhunt and investigation, Arizona is now confronted by some of the most vicious and dangerous narco-terror organizations the world has seen," Brewer said in a statement.

Rep. Kirkpatrick, a Democrat whose district includes part of Pinal County, said the violence "should show the rest of the country what we Arizonans have known for too long — the unsecured border poses a very real and very immediate danger."

Puroll, a 15-year department veteran, had been carrying out smuggling interdiction work before finding the bales of marijuana and encountering the five suspected illegal immigrants, two armed with rifles.

"He was out on his routine daily patrol in the area when he encountered a load of marijuana out in the desert. He obviously confronted the individuals and took fire," Villar told The AP.

The Republic quoted Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu as saying about 30 bullets were fired at the deputy, who returned fire with a semi-automatic rifle and a handgun.

The area is a well-known smuggling corridor for drugs and illegal immigrants headed from Mexico to Phoenix and the U.S. interior.

Quietman_2009's photo
Fri 04/30/10 08:10 AM
except that the average life expectancy was like 40

my suggestion is to convert to natural gas. 95% of all the natural gas we use comes from America.

Quietman_2009's photo
Fri 04/30/10 08:07 AM
"Topic: "This is Alabama; we speak English here" - WTF!"

sorry

that made me laugh

Have you ever heard someone from Alabama speak?

Quietman_2009's photo
Fri 04/30/10 07:45 AM
yeahhhhh F the oil companies!

AND the 9 million people they employ

and the $5 billion a month that they add to our economy

and every bit of plastic and pharmaceuticals and even cosmetics that comes from petroleum

back to horse drawn carriages!

Quietman_2009's photo
Fri 04/30/10 07:40 AM
I'm taking Sidney's Candy to win

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25