Community > Posts By > SuzinVA

no photo
Fri 10/02/09 04:29 AM
I read that, too funny!

We can combat a zombie invasion but yet, people still get HIV. Gotta love it

no photo
Fri 10/02/09 03:24 AM

the love of my life WOULD be able to get along with my children and they, in turn, would think he's terrific.

otherwise, he couldn't BE 'the love of my life'.

that doesn't necessarily mean that i would end the relationship but children can certainly put a damper on any romantic growth, intentional or not.

:thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 10/02/09 03:06 AM
There has been much speculation over the years as to whether he actually died. There have been rumors that he was taken out of Berlin and either escaped or was a captive of the USSR or both. I doubt anyone will ever know for sure.

no photo
Fri 10/02/09 02:33 AM

Having been in this situation when I was a kid several times, and being proven right EVERY time, if this happened to me now with my son, I'd listen to my kid and weigh his opinion heavily. Kids, especially younger ones, tend to go with their instincts and they're often right. flowerforyou

Aside from that, what I do affects my son's life just as much as my own, so his opinion counts.

See, just because they're little doesn't mean they're stupid. I totally agree, the kiddos have insight and they know what's best for their mom or dad. Kudos, good comment. happy happy

I'm not saying they always know best, but I do think their opinion should be weighed heavily, especially if they're still living at home. As Gypsy stated, other people can see things we often can't.

no photo
Fri 10/02/09 01:58 AM
Having been in this situation when I was a kid several times, and being proven right EVERY time, if this happened to me now with my son, I'd listen to my kid and weigh his opinion heavily. Kids, especially younger ones, tend to go with their instincts and they're often right. flowerforyou

Aside from that, what I do affects my son's life just as much as my own, so his opinion counts.

no photo
Thu 10/01/09 11:33 AM
((((((((Mikey))))))))

Today's the day to celebrate your brother's life and remember all the wonderful things that made him worth remembering. Love and peace to you and your family flowers flowers

no photo
Thu 10/01/09 08:55 AM
I had all four impacted wisdom teeth removed at the same time under general anesthesia. Maybe my experience is different, but aside from some bleeding and a little swelling, I was fine. Back in school the next day. I don't recall it impacting my life longer than the day of the actual removal. flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 10/01/09 02:36 AM
waving waving

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 01:06 PM

It is an acquired taste and it is STRONG, which may be why you don't like. A very little goes a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way, many people use far too much. And it kind of depends on what you're making as to what you use for a substitute. Something like salsa, thyme is NOT a good substitute but parsley would be. A lot of times, you can just leave it out altogether.
what on earth do you mean thyme is not a good "substitute"? that is ill manered according to me.. thyme can work with anything!
drinker

yeah!!
Ill mannered to disagree? Sheesh, I'm one rude mother****er then laugh laugh
you said it not me:
whataver

Peace brother, not sure where the antagonism is coming from, unless you're still pouting over the endangered fish issue but sheesh, that was months ago. How long can you hold a grudge over something so silly?

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 01:00 PM

It is an acquired taste and it is STRONG, which may be why you don't like. A very little goes a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way, many people use far too much. And it kind of depends on what you're making as to what you use for a substitute. Something like salsa, thyme is NOT a good substitute but parsley would be. A lot of times, you can just leave it out altogether.
what on earth do you mean thyme is not a good "substitute"? that is ill manered according to me.. thyme can work with anything!
drinker

yeah!!

Ill mannered to disagree? Sheesh, I'm one rude mother****er then laugh laugh

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 12:59 PM

And why do you have to take my words and change them all out of proportion to what I said? I made a suggestion. I willingly state that it needs working on, and that if in the end society does not agree with it then I can accept that.

Why do you have to sit there and claim that my proposal of making people step to the bat and choose to do something for the better of the community has anything at all to do with telling them how to spend their money, how many children to have, etc etc etc.

I ask now that you step aside and stop twisting my words and trying to claim I am saying something that I am not.

But, should we demand how they spend their money?

But, by your theory, we are demanding how they spend their lives, why stop there? Why not demand how they spend their money? And who they marry, or when, or how many children they have and what the sexes should be? Who their friends should be? What sites they can travel to on the Internet? How they think altogether?

Once you start trampling on ONE individual right, you start trampling them all or at least open the door for that to happen.

Actually, I responded to EXACTLY what you wrote. Granted it may have been taken slightly out of context, in that you asked a question that I responded to, though perhaps not in the manner you intended. You disagree. Fine, ok, you disagree. Maybe that's not what you meant but it IS what you said. I cannot respond to what you mean, as I'm not a mind reader. You're being contentious again, you get so PO'd when people don't agree 100% with your point of view. But the thing is, what you don't get, is that you don't ALWAYS have to be right and even if you are, I (or anyone else) am under no obligation to agree with you.

However, since you asked so nicely (spoken oh so very sarcastically), I shall bow out and leave you to your fantasy world. BTW, world domination rarely works out.

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 12:53 PM

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 12:41 PM

But, by your theory, we are demanding how they spend their lives, why stop there? Why not demand how they spend their money? And who they marry, or when, or how many children they have and what the sexes should be? Who their friends should be? What sites they can travel to on the Internet? How they think altogether?

Once you start trampling on ONE individual right, you start trampling them all or at least open the door for that to happen.

:thumbsup: Suz get outta my head, only room for one in there laugh

laugh laugh laugh I hear that a lot! I must not be as original as I thought grumble grumble :tongue:

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 12:02 PM

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 11:35 AM

So your answer is, WE will have the power to decide what is and is not acceptable contribution to the society.

Ay, there's the rub. Because you and I have VASTLY differing ideas of what an acceptable contribution is. Every single person will have their own thoughts on what it is. Who is right? Who is wrong? The welfare cheat can probably give you a gazillion justifications for why they do what they do and why it's good for society. Ditto a habitual criminal. Ditto an attorney, someone who plays poker for a living, a doctor who writes himself prescriptions for his painkiller addiction, etc etc etc.

If you take away freedom of choice for all, you help a few drag themselves up while dragging the vast majority down.

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 11:14 AM

My son just graduated high school. he wants to take a year off from school (to rest his brain lol) and work. We didn't let him work while going to school because we wanted him to concentrate on school. now if he gets at least 6 months of work behind him...he can apply to be a jailer. he wants to do that before getting a degree for law enforcement. I see nothing wrong with it or think it's anyone's business. he isn't being helped by the government so what he does (as long as legal) is no one's business.

not everyone is cut out for college (or more education) or the military. some people just want to work.

I agree. And you know, if my son wanted to take a year or 2 off before continuining his education just to travel the world, picking up odd jobs etc, I'd be all for that. Frankly, I think forcing 18 year old kids to decide what they want to do with the rest of their lives is absolutely ludicrous. There are many, many unhappy adults who go through school, work for a few years and discovery they HATE what they're doing. I know that if I had had an opportunity to really figure out who I was and my place in this world, my choices would have been VASTLY different. No regrets, but still.

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 09:20 AM

(((((((Steve, Suz, Mikey))))))) Steve, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I was on the phone with Mom. There are real problems going on with my sister's azzhole husband.

((((((((Eileen)))))))))

Hope everything gets straightened out on that front soon flowerforyou

Did you get my e-mails on Monday? Did Jon, do you know? I pulled e-mail addresses from the confirmations and I know at least one was wrong.

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 09:08 AM

I understand what you are getting at here Suze, I really do. BUT, there comes a point when somebody (normally government yes) does have to step in and say, these are the choices you have. This is because we live in a community, and due to this, we are responsible to a certain degree in providing FOR the community. That is why people live in communities rather than off by themselves, because of the mutual benefits.

However, when so many people start living in the community, drawing off the community resources (welfare in this case), and not providing something in return for the services, whether it be cash, or labor, or goods, whatever, then the community fails, and everyone suffers.

We are seeing this now, for several reasons, and not just from people refusing to work (and for the record I am sure there are more people who ARE willing to work than are not).

When this happens, people need to have a wake up call so to speak, and to be given a set choice of what to do in order to better their lives and their community. And you can only give so many choices,and when they are all refused, what do you have left? Continue letting the person receive from the community and return nothing, or make them do something productive? In the very end it comes down to giving them the choice: Live by the community standards, and be productive, or leave the community.

What we need to start doing is figure out what our standards as a community are going to be, and start enforcing them, whether it is with my idea of bringing more emphases on the military choice, or something else.

But in the end, people need to start being more productive, and contributing to society or we are ALL going to lose everything.

I am not necessarily disagreeing with some of the above. But, my problem is forcing EVERYONE to certain standards based on the actions of a few? Ok, yes, giving the relative few who may be abusing the system some "poop or get off the pot" scenario might be the right thing to do. But, then again, who and by what standards decides how the system is being abused? I'm going to use you as an example (please don't be offended, it's not my intent at all). I believe you are on disability, correct? So, let's say the "government" decides you are not truly disabled? (which btw, is not an unlikely scenario). You know you cannot work and I believe that despite your contentiousness, you are an honorable person. But, still, someone else (like now) has control of that arbitrary line. And because your neighbor decided to fake a back injury, they decide one day, because they have the power to do so, to move that line back. And you lose your benefits. Then what?

There is always going to be welfare in any society, it is the duty (I believe) for people in a community to take care of those who cannot take care of themselves. Better policing probably needs to be done to root out the abusers. A good well-run society understands that and provides for it. But I don't think that limiting choices for ALL based on the actions of a few is a practical OR desirable scenario.

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 08:57 AM
noway noway laugh

no photo
Wed 09/30/09 08:43 AM
Poor sheep tears tears tears

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25