Community > Posts By > SuzinVA

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 09:18 AM
I quit. I won't be treated badly by anyone for any reason.

Good luck to you flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 09:17 AM
Fairy tales are fiction, something most parents fail to tell their children. Prince Charming doesn't exist. Why? Because no one and nothing is perfect.

Doesn't mean there's not lots of really great people in this world but most people are looking for fairy tale perfect and it ain't happenin.

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 08:53 AM
A work in progress. I make hundreds of Christmas cookies every year and I'm working on tweaking this recipe to make mini-brownie cups. I don't intend to using a brownie mix or canned frosting but have used it as a starting point. Let me know what you think.

One pillsbury fudge brownie mix made as directed, except using 1/4 cup Irish Cream instead of the water.

After the brownies are cooled:

Mix 1/3 can of fudge frosting (melted) with about 1/3 cup of kahlua. Glaze brownies.

I used waaaay too much glaze last night, they were good but really rich. And I poured the glaze on when the brownies were hot so the glaze kind of sunk into the brownie and didn't really "set" the way I'd hoped. But like I said, I'm still tweaking. I'm really just looking for proportion. I just used what I had on hand last night. I think it needed a little more irish cream.

For Christmas, I'm going to use mini-muffin cups and maybe dip the tops into a ganache of dark chocolate and kahlua.

Or, maybe make the brownies kahlua and use an Irish cream glaze. Oh decisions decisions laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 08:47 AM
My brother makes them with olive oil and roasted garlic. Those are good too.

Me, I LOVE mashed potatoes, I haven't found many I don't like. I even like the boxed ones in a pinch noway noway laugh laugh

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 08:44 AM
Hi and welcome flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 07:18 AM

can you believe I stop over-thinking when I am around him. (That in itself is a miracle!)

Tell me your secret? How do you do that? laugh

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 07:10 AM

I guess the only thing is, really, is that you're ok with it. He, I think, obviously cares for you and respects you. No, it may not mean love and marriage and babies and happily ever after blah blah blah but when you think about it, very few relationships reach that point anyway. Or some guy/girl presents themselves one way and it's only when you're in too deep that you discover that they have this fear of love/committment and they dump you with nothing. So, you have honesty, you have friendship, you have someone you like being with and around, someone who cares for you and respects you. Doesn't really sound like a bad thing.

Nope!

And someone I can laugh and joke... and smile... and be with myself with... at this point... I think that I have a wonderful gift to be able to do this with someone.

That is definitely a rare thing. So, yes, enjoy and be happy. It's all we can do with the life that's given us. I always say, no regrets. Whatever happens, happens. We learn, we grow, we love. Maybe it's not perfect but nothing is.

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 07:05 AM
I guess the only thing is, really, is that you're ok with it. He, I think, obviously cares for you and respects you. No, it may not mean love and marriage and babies and happily ever after blah blah blah but when you think about it, very few relationships reach that point anyway. Or some guy/girl presents themselves one way and it's only when you're in too deep that you discover that they have this fear of love/committment and they dump you with nothing. So, you have honesty, you have friendship, you have someone you like being with and around, someone who cares for you and respects you. Doesn't really sound like a bad thing.

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 06:52 AM
(((((((Pam)))))))))

Feel better flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 06:50 AM
Monday Monday da da da dadadadoodoo

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 06:49 AM

In which case, so long as you're ok with the relationship ending eventually, and you'll be ok with being able to say that it was great while it lasted, I say go for it. Happiness, in whatever form it takes and for any duration, is hard to find and you should grab it while you can. If you think that when it's over, you'll still be able to find the joy in it, then live and love and be happy. flowerforyou

I know I can.... because I know the situation up front.

You have to give the guy props for honesty, not many people are that self-aware or honest with themselves. I think it says a lot about him.

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 06:48 AM

Hummm all I will say is no matter how many law classes you took don't go in with the attitude to sling mud. At times those that go in gun hoe ready to sling the mud in anothers face ends up with it back in theirs as well.

Besides that what a Judge would rather see is what you can offer the child the mother can not. Instead of the making the other look bad in order to make another look good.

Just a hint make sure your closet does not hold skeletons that she might of unearthed as well.

Take this to heart, I've been working in law for my whole adult life and judge's spot people like you a mile away and believe me, they don't like it. And it will backfire.

I don't know what you're trying to do but the only thing you SHOULD do is be pleasant, polite and present yourself and your case in the best light possible. Being vindictive and juvenile is NOT the best light.

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 06:44 AM
Ok, I'm tired now, Monday's officially over and I'm going home laugh

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 06:43 AM

I don't know, Tanya, I guess that would depend on your own goals in a relationship, your own dreams and desires, etc. If you're ok, long-term, with him maybe never being able to commit, then I don't see anything wrong with it. If at this place in your life, you just want someone to hang out with, have fun with and are ok with knowing it's not going anywhere, then nothing wrong with that either. But, if you are looking for a long-term, permanent partner, more children (?), etc (maybe not now but in the future), then it may not be such a good idea. Your head may say one thing but our emotions don't always do as they're told. You'd be cheating yourself by taking yourself off the market (so to speak), or by downgrading/downplaying your OWN wants and needs.

I don't think there's any right or wrong here, just a matter of potentially being in 2 different places in your lives with differing sets of priorities. And that's something only you can decide for yourself.

I think at the moment... there is no disconnect between heart and head/thoughts and emotions. It is what it is... I am happy. Do I necessarily see this going on forever and interfering with eventually meeting someone that will want kids, family etc... nah! Cause I am not even there yet. I have a long while before I am settled enough for that, especially considering that I have up to 8 more years of school before I truly enter the job market and where I would be looking to be settled. Now, if marrige, more kids and all that came before I was done with school and I had a flexible partner, fine, great! But, not rushing.

In which case, so long as you're ok with the relationship ending eventually, and you'll be ok with being able to say that it was great while it lasted, I say go for it. Happiness, in whatever form it takes and for any duration, is hard to find and you should grab it while you can. If you think that when it's over, you'll still be able to find the joy in it, then live and love and be happy. flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 06:24 AM
I don't know, Tanya, I guess that would depend on your own goals in a relationship, your own dreams and desires, etc. If you're ok, long-term, with him maybe never being able to commit, then I don't see anything wrong with it. If at this place in your life, you just want someone to hang out with, have fun with and are ok with knowing it's not going anywhere, then nothing wrong with that either. But, if you are looking for a long-term, permanent partner, more children (?), etc (maybe not now but in the future), then it may not be such a good idea. Your head may say one thing but our emotions don't always do as they're told. You'd be cheating yourself by taking yourself off the market (so to speak), or by downgrading/downplaying your OWN wants and needs.

I don't think there's any right or wrong here, just a matter of potentially being in 2 different places in your lives with differing sets of priorities. And that's something only you can decide for yourself.

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 05:39 AM

Goooooooooooooo Bluuuueeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WELL MSU WON...................

Yeah, I saw that after I posted, was hoping no one would notice laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 05:37 AM
Goooooooooooooo Bluuuueeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 05:34 AM
Hiya Cutie flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 05:33 AM
I agree huh

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 05:14 AM
I hate bad haircuts, I look like a troll doll who's hair's been cut with a weedwhacker sad sad sad

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25