Community > Posts By > SuzinVA

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 04:15 PM

I have a T-shirt that says I live at the corner of "Bite me Blvd and No Friggin Way".

I want that one laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 08:41 AM
Yikes!

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 08:05 AM
Yeah, I think a lot of people did. I also take offense to the comments about pharmaceutical companies. But ignorance breeds ignorance, people want to blame the easiest target and see what they want to see, with no regard to whether it's true or not. And I just don't feel like having that debate. Because frankly, unless you've been where I've been, you have no clue and don't want a clue.

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 07:50 AM
Ok, I'll send it again.

I'm assuming you mean the dumbass about the pink ribbons and the football game. What a jerk. I just hope he never has to find out personally some day why it's necessary.

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 07:43 AM

Sure I will, I know she hasn't been on much, been busy with that second job of hers.

Ok, thanks. And did I ever send you Pat's confirmation?

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 07:40 AM
I know. Just makes you wonder where the time goes. Hey, I e-mailed marie55 the other day but haven't heard back from her. When you talk to her, can you let her know I need her e-mail address?

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 07:29 AM
Oh tell me about it and the picture didn't do him justice, either. I'm not ready :)

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 07:24 AM
Yeah, we know. But still flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 07:24 AM

That's okay. You go right on ahead and spout off all you want. I wonder how fast you'll change your tune when it's YOUR girlfriend, YOUR wife, YOUR mother, YOUR sister, somebody YOU are close to gets diagnosed with this terrible affliction. It may even be YOURSELF (yes, men can get it, too!). Are you still gonna be bitching THEN?

I'm very much aware that "drugs" do not "cure" ANY affliction, cancer or otherwise. Never have, never will. All they do is quiet the problem for a while, because there's no money in wellness. Therefore, drugs only really serve to keep a person sick, and people buy into the idea that they're helping them, so they keep buying and taking that pill every day for the rest of their lives, in turn continuously creating more and more revenue for Big Pharma. This disease is different, because it can strike anybody. It's a killer, and at least they're trying to find a way to fix it.

I think it's absolutely fantastic the the NFL has thrown their hat in the ring for doing what they can to help promote awareness for this deadly affliction. When it comes to taking care of the beloved women in their lives, it takes a REAL man to not be embarrassed to wear pink.

Thank you for saying that, I was thinking it. And actually the money raised has been extremely beneficial. A, it's made for more awareness, many lives have been saved from finding it early and seeking help; B, the drugs they have now, while still horrendous, are nothing to what they were 20 or 30 years ago; C, breast cancer used to be a death sentence, now, it many (most?) cases, it's not, thanks to the money thrown into research.

One out of 3 people will be affected by breast cancer, men and women, children, brothers, sisters, parents, friends, family. It's a horrible disease. If you can't deal with that reality for what, 60 seconds, tough ****. If you actually paid attention instead of bitching about something you are clearly ignorant of, you might learn something, even if it's just a little bit of compassion.

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 07:08 AM
Hey, that was a joke, you weren't supposed to agree with me grumble noway grumble noway grumble noway :tongue:

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 07:02 AM
See, she comes in, says she's gonna spend some time with us, then disappears. Ain't that just like a woman :tongue: laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 06:57 AM
Hiya ((((Pammie))))))

Aside from being busy, how's everything?

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 06:54 AM
okey dokey flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 06:52 AM
Well, we'll figure it out. Probably should check with cb, see if he's still doing the no white food diet before we plan on anything. And to see what they've got up there.

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 06:48 AM
I don't think we need to buy a grill, we can always make chicken or something to take with. If they have a fire pit, we can make s'mores bigsmile

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 06:43 AM
Soda bottles, too. Or cans.

It's supposed to be sunny. We could take a picnic. Maybe there's a grill, we could do some burgers and stuff.

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 06:32 AM
Yes, I suppose I do. I don't really believe that "heaven" is the final destination. People's energy, their souls, just don't vanish, I don't think. I think they must go somewhere and moving forward into another life makes sense to me. flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 06:29 AM
Just as an FYI, rain and mid-60's Saturday, mid-60's and sunny on Sunday.

Great, I get to watch boo's parade in the rain grumble grumble

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 06:26 AM
I guess we can talk about it later.

no photo
Thu 10/08/09 06:24 AM
See, you paid more attention at back to school night than I did laugh laugh

I guess it might be a good idea but only if it stays under your or Karl's control. I don't want him having it out when no one's around.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25