PassionateWriter's photo
Thu 05/26/16 06:07 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist-examples_us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

He claims to have “a great relationship with the blacks,” which is totally something a normal person would say. =P

And just yesterday, referred to Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas", referring to her supposedly Native American ties.

Yeah. Classy guy. =)

Get this: did you know he's still not disavowed the KKK for their support of him? That should have been done the very second he heard about it. But no, he needs all the voters he can get in November. Even the horrendously evil ones.

PassionateWriter's photo
Thu 05/26/16 05:51 AM
True but if Ken Starr hadn't treated it like such a big deal... I didn't realize marital problems or indiscretions were anyone's business but the individuals involved. If not, we may as well ALL be behind bars. =)

actually it was for Lying Under Oath that got Billy-Boy in trouble!
Funny how the Left is still perpetuating that Sex-Myth!laugh

PassionateWriter's photo
Thu 05/26/16 05:44 AM
http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/05/24/baylor-bears-board-regents-expected-remove-president-ken-starr

The Baylor board of regents fired school president Ken Starr on Tuesday amid the sexual assault scandal involving the Bears football team, according to HornsDigest.com.

The regents believe that the blame for the school’s failure in handling rape and sexual assault reports falls on Starr, according to the report, and they might not bring punishment down on head coach Art Briles.

Starr has been Baylor president for the last six years. It is not clear if he will be moved to another position at the school or terminated completely.

In a statement, the school said an announcement will come by June 3rd.

--

Yes, that Ken Starr. The attorney who went after then-President Bill Clinton for his sexual endeavors with Monica Lewinsky in the 1990s and pretty much helped doom us to the Bush family for 8 years.

Pot? Kettle? Have some black. =)

Also: what comes around, goes around.

PassionateWriter's photo
Wed 05/25/16 11:40 AM
There is no right side in a riot, Moe. I had to deal with it after the Tamir Rice outrage.

lol.. pick the right side, maybe wave a Mexican flag?

PassionateWriter's photo
Wed 05/25/16 11:37 AM
Oh come on, that's a TERRIBLE swastika! =)

PassionateWriter's photo
Wed 05/25/16 07:19 AM
The GOP Convention will be about 20 miles from me.

Greeeeeat. =P

Guys, if a massive riot breaks out, and you don't see me back here, it was nice knowing you. =)

PassionateWriter's photo
Wed 05/25/16 07:15 AM
The costs would be astronomical but if all Americans were willing to pay a bit more taxes to get these things done, I can't imagine us saying no to that. It wouldn't even be a large tax hike either, and the bulk of the taxes would come from the rich anyway. Frankly, I've had enough of the rich squandering money on yachts, mansions, etc., just to tell people they're rich. Why not do some good with the money for the good of the country, and not just themselves?

The fear is, and I can understand it, if we pay the extra taxes, what guarantee do we have any of these things will pass Congress? There are none.

I suppose you haven't looked at Venezuela lately?
On the other hand,it would only cost about 93 Billion over ten years!:laughing:
Bernie's Pixiedust could cover that Hands-down!

PassionateWriter's photo
Wed 05/25/16 07:09 AM
Agree with you there. Nancy was a failure from the time she took office. I never liked her, I never trusted her, and she took a Democratic majority in Congress and got absolutely nothing done. She refused to deal with the GOP and bad-mouthed them constantly.

Because that's apparently what good, mature politicians should do. =P

she's to busy saying stupid crap to get anything done...

PassionateWriter's photo
Wed 05/25/16 07:08 AM
I don't know. I think Bernie has some sensational ideas. Universal tax rate for all, universal healthcare, free education for all citizens, even college. I'd certainly vote for those things.

You need to go back to the Drawingboard on Bernie!

PassionateWriter's photo
Wed 05/25/16 07:01 AM
Pelosi is the largest of them all. I don't like how she's run the Democratic party in the past, and even with a majority for a few years, she couldn't get a damned thing done.

I agree, and one of the biggest obstructionists is Harry Reid.

PassionateWriter's photo
Wed 05/25/16 06:58 AM
Karl Rove, despite his rather hilarious Fox News embarrassment during the last election, is a powerhouse of a marketeer. If I were running for office, I'd hire him in a second.

PassionateWriter's photo
Wed 05/25/16 06:53 AM
Thppt.

In some ways, the two countries are a lot alike. Neither one knows what it wants as a government, but are two wishy-washy to try to find out.

Welcome to Venezuela!

PassionateWriter's photo
Wed 05/25/16 06:47 AM
I'd choose Sanders over Clinton. It would be amazing if there were TWO contested conventions, and we ended up with Sanders and Kasich in the election. I'd vote for either of them.

PassionateWriter's photo
Tue 05/24/16 03:31 PM
I guess this must have been interest-free then. But from the government? You just wonder what they're making on the side. =P

as long as it's an interest free loan, they can...
Islam doesn't allow for interest, so will not deal with anyone that charges interest on loans, which is the rest of the world...

PassionateWriter's photo
Tue 05/24/16 03:24 PM
Edited by PassionateWriter on Tue 05/24/16 03:23 PM
Obama created the Making Home Affordable option for the country. It not only helps people keep their homes, but easier for people to get loans for them, provided credit is worthy.

Keep in mind, bad credit doesn't necessarily destroy a person's chances for a home. You could have stellar credit, get the home of your dreams, lose your job, and everything tanks. A lot of people lost their jobs under the Bush years. =(

i could have sworn bush changed it back... did obarry lower it again?

PassionateWriter's photo
Tue 05/24/16 03:20 PM
The key is not to look. =)

PassionateWriter's photo
Tue 05/24/16 03:17 PM
Oh not at all, nothing's keeping people from buying a house, not even bad credit. The banks are still happily providing the loans, the mortgage companies are still happily approving the loans, and the insurance companies are happily still underwriting the loans. Don't forget, any loan can have a co-signer.

i disagree.. unless they lowered the credit standard again, only credit worthy people can by a house now, unlike what clinton did in his last days in office...

PassionateWriter's photo
Tue 05/24/16 03:15 PM
One of my clients is an imam who wants to build an Islamic Learning Center for the community, to teach people about the proper religion of Islam, and to stave off all the terror fears. He recently received 501-c3 status, so he's now eligible to collect funding for the project.

The really fascinating thing is, they cannot take any money from non-Muslims, according to their faith. Which makes it much harder for these people to receive monetary assistance.

If Sweden is offering monetary aid, I'd like to know how they're doing it. A government-funded grant that they describe doesn't seem like it's coming from an Islamic entity.

PassionateWriter's photo
Tue 05/24/16 03:04 PM
Edited by PassionateWriter on Tue 05/24/16 03:06 PM
It's not a matter of if, but when.

As you'll recall from the movie "The Big Short", (and if you haven't had a chance to take a look at that, please do. It will enlighten as well as infuriate), CDOs were the big thing in the late 90s and 2000s. A CDO is a collateralized debt obligation, and it was comprised of a multitude of mortgage loans, thousands of them, which were then tossed onto the open market by the banks to make quick sales or trades, like any other stock. What people didn't take into account was the mortgage loan explosion, which drove some loan payments to balloon heights of 400%, 600% or more. People couldn't afford these payments, they lost their homes, and investors lost billions. No one, it seemed, ever realized or imagined a homeowner would not upkeep his or her mortgage loan payments. After all, it's your home. You'd do anything you could to save it, right? =)

Unfortunately, with the mortgage rate increase, and the disastrous rate at which mortgage loans were given out, even with tons of risk, it all came crumbling down. CDOs, once the rule of the roost, were destroyed.

Or were they?

Here's a little term to Google next time you have some curiosity.

"Bespoke Tranch Opportunity"

What is it? It's pretty much what a CDO was. Wild, huh? The banks didn't learn their lesson the first go around, and they're poised to learn an even harder lesson this time. Why? Because mortgage rates are going back up again, all over the country. There is a CHANCE, a slim one, the economic powers-that-be will raise the federal rate up a half-point by September, or at least by the end of 2016.

A higher federal tax rate will almost surely drive mortgage rates up again. Higher mortgage rates will almost surely lead to delinquent or non-payments while families scramble for federal assistance. More than 1,000,000 people lost their homes in 2008. Foreclosures that year rose over 80%, and there are still literal ghost towns filled with foreclosed properties that no one has touched yet.

People are going to want those homes eventually, and they're going to get a mortgage loan to cover it eventually...

Whoever becomes president in 2017 is in for a baptism by fire that could make the 2008 housing collapse seem like child's play, and I only hope he (or she) is ready to deal with it.

PassionateWriter's photo
Tue 05/24/16 06:52 AM
Edited by PassionateWriter on Tue 05/24/16 07:18 AM
As of March 11, 2016, the established church of Scientology in the United States lost its tax-exempt status after a ruling of the Supreme Court.

So, no, it is not a religion. =)

And they are going to owe Uncle Sam SO MUCH MONEY.

Edit: Of course, the loss of tax-exempt status doesn't necessarily mean the "cult" can't still be deemed as a religion, but in the view of the IRS, which is a pretty big judge of character, they do not meet the requirements for tax-exempt status as a religious organization.

To me that's a very big deal. =)