PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 07:43 AM
Not sure this has been brought up yet, but did you see "Inherit the Wind"? Definitely see this movie, because your argument is featured quite heavily, when the infamous Scopes "Monkey Trial" came to light in Kansas way back when.

Atheism isn't a "misguided cult". It's a group of people who question or doubt the existence of God.

For people to entertain otherwise, they are the misguided ones. =)

There is one major factor that comes into question:

How long was the first day if there was no sun nor moon until the fourth day?

That one always gets people to sputter and stop talking for a while. =)

I also love this one passage, and it's very highly significant, and if it's truly from the Bible and therefore the word of God, this is huge, also from Genesis:

"When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose..."

Now then...what the hell is this saying? We know, from the Bible, that Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters, and that they did the nasty (yay, incest! Wait, isn't that a cardinal sin these days??), but clearly this passage needs clarification.

Sons of God?
Daughters of man?

There is a LOT of controversy over that statement. =)

So there you have it, the world is just 6000 years old and this is the story of God as told to me. I have only added a few questionable points in there but the whole story is what I have been told by other people. If this story is marginally askew or it is way out then please enlighten your misguided cult.

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 07:21 AM
Told you. =)

This will drop the price of gold down significantly while people get in, then shoot the price through the roof.

Check :thumbsup:
He sold millions in stock & purchased gold in the last 4-5 days.

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 07:10 AM
I'll have to check those out, thanks.

George? Nah, he's too busy with other matters lately. I heard from a friend of his he's into gold buying these days. Heavily into it.

HUFFPO had afew good pieces lately!
Was wondering how they slipped by Soros!
Old Guy must be slipping!

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 07:07 AM
Grey Corn Flakes...?

Ugh, I want a do-over. lol

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 07:05 AM
I'll go along with two of those on your list.

"Halloween" was ground-breaking in slasher-horror movies. I believe it's still one of the best that's ever been made. John Carpenter's brilliant use of the camera, the story, the way he kept you on the edge of your seat throughout - you just don't see the likes anymore.

"The Exorcist" is straight-up creepy. It is a veritable roller-coaster ride of horror, from the very beginnings, when Reagan starts playing with "Captain Howdy", to the incredible ritual itself, and the horrific results. For sound, editing, cinematography, this one's a winner. <3

Top 5 Horror Movies

1. Stephen King's It
2. Halloween(the original not Rob Zombies version that was terrible)
3. Nightmare on Elm St. 4
4. Misery
5. The Exorcist

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 07:00 AM
I'd expected nothing more. Trust me. =)

Lucky you got that!

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 06:58 AM
Of course, because NASA and NOAA know absolutely nothing. Where does yours come from then?

And please don't tell me "Google". =)

you really ought to do your research,instead of relying on NASA and NOAA.

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 06:54 AM
Brilliant riposte. *golf clap*

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 06:52 AM
You can't possibly be serious.

There is physical evidence of whole ice sheets splitting apart and melting.

But...if you're not going to believe physical evidence *sigh*, there is really no hope for you, is there?

yep,USSR and Third Reich have shown how important that onesided Indoctrination is,but apparently the Lefties haven't learnt a friggen thing!
Well,I suppose Bookburning will be next!
Those growing Icecaps?laugh

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 06:52 AM
Actually I'd call myself a brilliant write and a rather prolific blogger. =)

And dealing with the political morass as I have for the past 30 years, including four presidential campaigns, two mayoral campaigns, and personal friends with congressmen and state senators gives me quite a bit of knowledge to know what I'm talking about. =)

What have you got? *smug grin*

then you shouldn't call yourself a writer, or even a lowly blogger, because you just can't see or understand whats really going on...
it won't matter who is president, because NOTHING has changed in the last 16 years...

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 06:47 AM
I disagree.

I think a lot of things have happened positively in the last 16 years, but with the advent of the housing collapse, which as you'll recall was started by the Republicans in office who did away with special banking regulations that would have prevented it, things took a sharp nose-dive for us all.

We know a lot of Republicans in power, when Obama took the helm, had made up their minds from the very beginning not to help him.

No compromise. No agreements. No sit-down discussions. Nothing.

And that is REALLY what hurt this country the most. The GOP didn't even TRY.

Now you tell me something...what good is a political party that doesn't even try to help its own people?

you liberals just can't get off the "Republicans did it" bandwagon, can you?

never mind the bad decisions that have been made for the last eight years, or the fact the military budget is the same as it was when bush was in office, even tho there are no wars we are in right now... or the fact the "hope and change" never actually happened... if you think this is all republicans fault, then you shouldn't call yourself a writer, or even a lowly blogger, because you just can't see or understand whats really going on...
it won't matter who is president, because NOTHING has changed in the last 16 years...

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 06:41 AM
I don't necessarily agree.

There is evidence for and against global warming. It depends on what evidence you follow, and from whom or what organization it originates.

It does bother me how some people label global warming as simply a "liberal" hoax.

A writer friend of mine depicted the idea of global warming quite brilliantly by suggesting it's liberal hysteria mixed with right-wing cluelessnes. =)

I'm on the fence. I do believe there are some definitive shifts that have happened in the world's overall climate, but we only really have recorded weather history for the past 200 years or so. There is nothing to suggest the world was any more or less active from a meteorological standpoint - unless you want to dig up that old chestnut about the great flood.

However, there is also significant and indisputable fact that we HAVE had ice ages, and science would suggest we're heading for another one. The polar ice caps will melt, unless we find a way to reverse the event.
That we know for certain, and it is something we should show the most concern over.

If bringing out the "global warming" fears into today's children will draw more attention to the ice caps in need, then bravo, Portland City Schools. =)

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 06:26 AM
You're right, it's indeed a mess.

While I'm not fond of Hillary, I do believe the bulk of this country still cares about it. Besides, I really can't wait for the first Trump-Clinton debate.

Hillary will annihilate him, and the campaign knows it. And you cannot possibly groom a bigoted, deceitful, reality-TV presnted-buffoon for a debate to occupy the highest office in the land. No one has ever done it.

Trump's answers have, to this point, been "I'm looking into that" or "I'm going to do something" or "I'm going to research."

News flash, Donald. You should have been "looking into things" about 5-10 years ago. =)

Do you honestly believe this country is going to vote in someone who so callously and aloofly treats our nation like dirt? Who has absolutely no experience with democracy, foreign relations, economic conditions, defense, etc.?

God no. *rotfl*

Yeah, I'll concede this much. This country is angry at their government, and I am as well. It stinks that the Republican Party sat around roadblocking everything, locked out our government a few times, and fought tooth and nail to keep necessary changes from happening to this nation.

Now that they've "chosen" this buffoon to lead them, they deserve the slow, agonizing death their party is about to receive.

RIP, GOP.

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 06:17 AM
There's more to love than just making it.

I never quite agreed with that whole "make love" thing when it comes to sex. Sex is sex. Insert tab A into slot B.

Woody Allen once wrote in a screenplay, "Love for me is very deep. Sex just has to go a few inches."

And it's 100% true. Making love isn't about sex. You can make love to a woman by doing nothing more than holding her in your arms and kissing her, and telling her how much she means to you.

Making love? thpppt.

If more people showed love, what an incredible world we'd have.

But, also, sex isn't just plain sex either. There's many ways to have sex without the full-on sex. Using your hands, your mouths, whatever it takes to achieve climax. That's sex. I was with a Muslim woman for many years, and we could never have full-on intercourse until marriage, because of her religion.

Didn't stop us from having fun though. =)

PassionateWriter's photo
Sat 05/21/16 06:07 AM
Edited by PassionateWriter on Sat 05/21/16 06:07 AM
I can't offer too much input to the wonderful and insightful comments made, but...the welfare system exists for a reason, and sadly we don't have the means (yet) to monitor how money is spent by every low-income family in the United States. It does anger me when I see a woman at a grocery store put down $200 worth of food stamps, then drive away in a Cadillac SLS.

The welfare system is broken in this country. I say the only way to really fix it - is to restart it completely. Have everyone lose than re-apply for their welfare, and this time on a case-by-case basis.

I'll bet anything a LOT of people won't re-apply. =)

PassionateWriter's photo
Fri 05/20/16 03:39 PM
I've read it. I'm sure you haven't.

The enemies of Islam are those who would seek to destroy them. You're just batting .000 today. =)

read the quran, thats all it talks about it striking down it's enemies without hesitation... you're just babbling now...

PassionateWriter's photo
Fri 05/20/16 03:36 PM
okay, THAT I will agree with you on! *laughs*

You score a point, sir! =)

You know that the Government acts like the dumb Farmer,who doesn't close the Barn-door until the Horse has escaped!laugh

PassionateWriter's photo
Fri 05/20/16 03:35 PM
Probably might behoove you to read the whole thread. =)

I didn't read the whole thread. what are you responding to?

Both men and women's bathrooms have stalls. Both men and women can do everything in a stall if they want.

Whichever bathroom a trans person uses, they have a stall in which they can do everything they need to do. Who is being denied a bathroom?

PassionateWriter's photo
Fri 05/20/16 03:28 PM
Oh come on, seriously?!

Really, you're the one who needs to do a bit more study. I'd like to see what you would do if your own allies suddenly decided you were no longer needed on this world.

You'd fight to survive, wouldn't you? Can't you understand that when followers of Islam are attacked only then do they resort to bloodshed? That's how it's always been, and THAT is where the whole "eye for an eye" mantra comes from.

The religion of Islam has never, EVER taught its followers to strike first.

Only last. =)

nope,that's the moment your Prophets real nature came out!
There was nothing forced about that massacre by his Victims!
It's amazing what lengths you Islamapologists go,truly amazing!
I suppose Islam's eighty Million Victims on the Indian Subcontinent had it coming to them too then?

PassionateWriter's photo
Fri 05/20/16 03:22 PM
Liberal nonsense?

No, the Last Sermon of the Mount is recorded in history.

As far as McVeigh goes, so you're going to say it's worse to be a terrorist from another country, attacking people in this country, than it is for a home-grown American citizen to attack people in this country.

Wow. You really do have your priorities out of whack. =)

more liberal nonsense trying to skirt around the issue... t. mcvey was not part of a global wide terrorist unit/s trying to take over the world for their benefit... Timothy was 2-3 man strong at best, while terrorist muslims are in 150 million man range... timothy wasn't trying to take over the world, and he killed those people for personal reasons... then was caught and killed... i wish people that spout off this kind on nonsense would go to a middle east country and see for yourself instead of making crap on the internet, then patting yourself on your back for doing such a good job writing about something you know NOTHING about...