Community > Posts By > Peter_Pan69

no photo
Mon 01/28/13 01:11 PM

Yes the bibles contains Gods standard. However, I stated that we have the sole right to live outside of those standards. Gods doesn't force people to live like He pleases. He only keep a judgement fit for all acts He calls sin.

Jeremiah 8:8
New International Version (NIV)

8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord,”
when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

Ezekiel 22:26-29
King James Version (KJV)

26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

27 Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.

28 And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord God, when the Lord hath not spoken.

29 The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully.

1 Corinthians 4:3-5

3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

no photo
Mon 01/28/13 10:59 AM

The author of the book of proverb made a comparison with going to a prostitute to give an idea of how dangerous laying another mans wife could be. He made that comparison based on the fact that a man patronizing a whore is and remains an act with a serious moral implication.

1Cor.6:18 (KJV)
FLEE FORNICATION. EVERY SIN THAT A MAN DOETH IS WITHOUT THE BODY; BUT HE THAT COMMITTETH FORNICATION SINNETH AGAINST HIS OWN BODY.

Whose morals? Yours? Gods? Mine?

Do you reserve the right to judge my heart if me and another make a commitment to each other?

God has a standard. We have the right to choose how we live our lifes however, if we wanna live it to please God then it must be by His own standard. God do not care if you are acting based on mutual consent. If God made sex for the married He is not gonna change that just because it doesn't suit us.

I don't need you, the Pope, John Doe, or some book to tell me whether or not I'm married. I have God's law written on my heart so I and the one I choose make that decision.

Do you think God's standard is written in the Bible?

no photo
Mon 01/28/13 10:33 AM
The author of the book of proverb made a comparison with going to a prostitute to give an idea of how dangerous laying another mans wife could be. He made that comparison based on the fact that a man patronizing a whore is and remains an act with a serious moral implication.

1Cor.6:18 (KJV)
FLEE FORNICATION. EVERY SIN THAT A MAN DOETH IS WITHOUT THE BODY; BUT HE THAT COMMITTETH FORNICATION SINNETH AGAINST HIS OWN BODY.

Whose morals? Yours? Gods? Mine?

Do you reserve the right to judge my heart if me and another make a commitment to each other?

no photo
Mon 01/28/13 09:00 AM

So what does the bible say about fornication?

Proverbs 6:26

26 For a prostitute can be had for a loaf of bread,
but another man’s wife preys on your very life.

Hmmm, better to buy a whore than be damned?

no photo
Mon 01/28/13 08:05 AM

I do not think the bible specifically forbids sex before marriage, I dont even think the bible is specific about what constitutes a 'marriage'

there are several of Gods people in the bible who 'know' a woman who then becomes their wife

it was even possible for Jacob to be fooled, by taking his 'wife' at night time . not realizing till daylight that the wife was not the one he worked for,,,which is a mistake that couldnt work if there had been a marriage 'ceremony' as we think of it in modern times,,,

I think the point was for their to be a commitment between the two partis and God,,,, the legalities/traditions are secondary

just my opinion , formed because there is no specific explanation in the bible otherwise, and it seems that Jesus was more about the meaning than the tradition of things,,,

Love this! ^^^^^^^

I've never been one to care about what others think, I've always known in my heart it is exactly the way you described. It's a personal commitment between the two parties (and God)...

no photo
Sun 01/27/13 10:47 PM

or just go godless lol

So long as there is spaghetti, this will be a god. As Pastafarians would say, it's just a question of whether or not you believe in meatballs.

Ahhhh, but you must accept the meatballs, eat of the meatballs and drink of the sauce or you won't get desert...

no photo
Wed 01/23/13 11:34 PM

I don't know, you tell me...
Again, I'll give you another chance to avoid the question:
"How has God changed his standard in your opinion?"

I haven't
as I alluded to before, just look at the differences between the old and new testaments.

You have and still are avoiding the question.

Try to be specific.

no photo
Wed 01/23/13 11:15 PM

I believe Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.

Seems you disagree with how you come to God.

Your Choice.

No, I'm a Christian and I agree with the teachings of Christ, not some pagan, man-made, exclusionary, racist doctrine of men... God has no respect of persons, both Jew and Gentile will be treated the same...
It is YOU who disagrees with what is written by stating only those who accept "Jesus" will be saved. So I suppose you believe that everyone who died/dies without knowing about Yeshua is doomed? Is Noah doomed? What about the OT prophets?

Search your heart. If you find solace, or joy, or indifference about my brothers who you claim are doomed, then you haven't understood the message...

no photo
Wed 01/23/13 09:57 PM

not at all, but thanks for avoiding the question.

Thanks for being oh so clear with that "question"... :-/

it's pretty clear to me, I even highlighted your statement, the very one my question was directed at. (maybe I should have used 'red' haha.

That wasn't my statement.
What exactly was your objection to the statement anyway?
How has God changed his standard in your opinion?

I should have said "the" statement, not "your"...sorry

my objection to it is that it is completely inaccurate, nothing more.

I answered the your last question with my original question.

And THAT folks, is how you avoid the question...

:-/

no, I asked the question, why would I avoid it?

I don't know, you tell me...

Again, I'll give you another chance to avoid the question:

no photo
Wed 01/23/13 06:07 PM

it's pretty clear to me, I even highlighted your statement, the very one my question was directed at. (maybe I should have used 'red' haha.

I should have said "the" statement, not "your"...sorry

my objection to it is that it is completely inaccurate, nothing more.

I answered the your last question with my original question.

And THAT folks, is how you avoid the question...

:-/

no photo
Tue 01/22/13 10:38 PM

no photo
Tue 01/22/13 10:04 PM

no photo
Tue 01/22/13 05:59 PM

By denying that non-believers can go to heaven

You added your own words here.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me ( John 14:6)

If you don't believe what I post it is Your Choice!!

Proverbs 14:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 2:23
Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 10:25
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

John 20:31
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 10:43
To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

John 3:23
And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

What is "Jesus'" real name? Yeshua...
Yeshua = "YHWH is salvation."

John 5:43 King James Version (KJV)

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Isaiah 43:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:21 King James Version (KJV)

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

If you don't believe what is written in the bible, that is YOUR choice...

no photo
Tue 01/22/13 05:27 PM

The reason why i say so'was that.EVE was made from ADAMS.

Hey you got that right. You are clear in thinking. Some people think it says Adam and Steve.:smile:

What is wrong with Adam and Steve? If they love each other; that is all that counts.

The society accomodating certain behaviour does not make them right. The truth is that the devil always preach to us about how much God doesn't want us to know the true life. One thinv is certain, God doesn't change His standard.

he doesn't?
how do you explain the old testament?

Ezekiel 22:28
King James Version (KJV)

28 And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord God, when the Lord hath not spoken.

8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

I think that the above quotes explain it, don't you?

no photo
Tue 01/22/13 03:13 PM

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness, but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but should all come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

The Certainty of Christ's Return
2 Peter Chapter 3

I'm not going to say that God cannot have His will...

Wrong..that is not what I posted.

Please do not change what I am saying, Just because you believe differently.

God's will is that Man choose to follow His Word/Commandments. We have a choice.

BTW ..OP is about The Sin of Racism.

I did NOT change what you said, I addressed the words you quoted. By denying that non-believers can go to heaven, you ARE promoting "racism" based on thoughts alone. Everyone human is my "brother" and nothing you can say will change that... A person's faith comes from God so I don't begrudge anyone their beliefs or disbeliefs. (no one comes to God unless he first draws them in, remember?)

no photo
Tue 01/22/13 03:01 PM
The bible is a book that was written by man. Haven't you hear the old saying don't believe everything your read? bigsmile

Proverbs 14:15
King James Version (KJV)

15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Just a thought that if God did give these men knowledge; who knows that they correctly recorded what he told them or they just wrote what they thought was correct.

8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

2 Timothy 2:15
King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I am not ashamed to call the Bible on it's BS.
Sacrifice - NOT commanded by God...
Divorce - NOT condoned by God...
Circumcision - NOT commanded by God...

no photo
Mon 01/21/13 11:39 PM
Edited by Peter_Pan69 on Mon 01/21/13 11:40 PM

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness, but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but should all come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

The Certainty of Christ's Return
2 Peter Chapter 3

I'm not going to say that God cannot have His will...

no photo
Mon 01/21/13 11:37 PM
Wise words...

no photo
Fri 01/18/13 09:13 PM
Edited by Peter_Pan69 on Fri 01/18/13 09:14 PM
2 Peter 2:1-4

False Teachers and Their Destruction
2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. 4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[a] putting them in chains of darkness[b.] to be held for judgment;

Footnotes:
a.2 Peter 2:4 Greek Tartarus
b.2 Peter 2:4 Some manuscripts in gloomy dungeons

2 Timothy 4:1-5

4 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

I dunno, looks like the Bible predicted that myths would be secretly introduced and I for one consider Tartarus a Greek MYTH...

no photo
Fri 01/18/13 09:04 PM
On somewhat of the same subject, I'd like to address "elitism" which seems to be rampant in modern times, including right here in these forums...

This is basically the man-made doctrine that we are only supposed to call other believers our brothers or neighbors...

Yeshua had something to say about that too. Has anyone read the parable of the good Samaritan???

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25