Community > Posts By > Peter_Pan69

no photo
Fri 02/15/13 06:46 PM

Have you by any chance read what's been written about Sodom and Gomorrah in the bible? God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve.... Man to man,woman to woman...is it not abnormality? Loving one's neibhour as oneself does not mean one should be a gay.... God help us......

Ezekiel 16:48-50
King James Version (KJV)

48 As I live, saith the Lord God, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.

49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Ezekiel 16:55
King James Version (KJV)

55 When thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate, and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate, then thou and thy daughters shall return to your former estate.

no photo
Fri 02/15/13 06:30 PM

I was not talking to you.

There are still several points that were already raised which you have yet to have given due attention.

You don't pay attention to what I say, do you?

I don't follow your rules, PERIOD!

no photo
Fri 02/15/13 06:15 PM

Well, ought I take it that you are not going to explain what you think about how truth plays a role?

huh

I've told you before, truth just is...

I can't change it, you can't change it, all we can do is "perceive" it.

no photo
Fri 02/15/13 06:14 PM
Well, let's get on with the "proof" requirements?

no photo
Fri 02/15/13 11:44 AM
God is real, the Bible is fake...

So sorry that creative can't read this since there are no "images in the brain", it must suck to be the center of the universe without any means of perception... :-/

Of course I expect a few paragraphs of fluff to explain how that wasn't what he meant and perhaps some in-depth definition of the "images in the brain" being merely electrical impulses, to which I am going to ask what the difference between "real" perception and "imagined" perception is... Back to square one...

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Thu 02/14/13 11:21 PM

Who agrees with you? Who verified your method of analysis? Did you take a concensus before making your public statement? If it was uninteresting and irrelevant as you say, why take the time to respond?

I took the time to respond to save an otherwise unwitting reader from being fooled. I have shown - in great detail - how/why what you've written is irrelevant to the question at hand. If you wish to argue against what I've claimed, then do so.

Just in case one didn't get the more complex points I've already raised, I'll be more direct and simple this time around...

Picturing a rose conjures up the memory of some thing that we can all point at. The existence of a rose is point-of-view-invariant. The existence of an imagined rose is not. Thus there is a clear difference between our imagining a rose and a rose. There is no possible distinction to be drawn and maintained between God and imagining a God. Thus, the line of thinking you've introduced does not lend itself to a good argument for the existence of God. God's existence is akin to our picturing a rose in our minds when no rose has been seen.

That is exactly why/how we have so many different religions. All those folk hold that what they think/believe about what they call "God" or "Allah" or whatever the case may be is true and what others believe is not.

The bit about truth is gibberish; prima facie evidence that you have no idea what truth is and/or the role that it plays in thought/belief and the statements that follow.

Why ought anyone here try to figure out why you would say anything at all? Your personal psychology is not the focus. Rather than instruct the reader to make sense of the words you write, why don't you say something clear, concise, and meaningful. Relevancy is always a plus too.The topic is "Is God real?" not why does Pan say the stuff he does.

Sigh.

What? You want to define "real" when just about anyone who believes in a god will tell you that you can't define god. If god were to be defined by science, there wouldn't be a question.
What's left to define if you limit god to the physical realm? Are not others allowed to think for themselves? Do you assert that images in the brain are not real?

Actually, don't answer that... :-/

no photo
Thu 02/14/13 03:30 PM
Ahhhh, but when your "truth" is not static, you can make all kinds of true statements that a great number of people would say are false...

1 + 1 = 11
11 = 3
1 + 1 = 2
10 = 2
1 + 1 = 1

All of the above are true statements to me. Call me crazy or try to figure out why I would say that. The choice is up to the reader.

no photo
Wed 02/13/13 07:00 PM

So...

It seems that after analysis, the quote that this post addresses is rather uninteresting and irrelevant.

Says you... Who agrees with you? Who verified your method of analysis? Did you take a concensus before making your public statement? If it was uninteresting and irrelevant as you say, why take the time to respond?

no photo
Wed 02/13/13 04:40 PM

I'm just being bait for scammers...

what are you gonna do with them once you catch them? :laughing:

I report them and when I can, I get them on my spamcatcher yahoo messenger account.

I send them to my profile first, then I just toy with them. "My PC ctrashed, could you send that again" Stupid things really. Then I get them to tell me where they are located. Then I play with them some more. After I've toyed with them, asked them directly if they were a scammer, etc, I tell them where they really are located and see how fast they disappear. It's usually within 5 seconds... lol

no photo
Wed 02/13/13 03:01 PM

The definition for "reality" wasn't being questioned. What we mean by "real" when we ask the question 'Is God real?' is the current focus, or at least I think/believe that it ought be in order to make progress.

For me, the word reality simply points to things that we both agree are factual. For example, I think everyone here would agree that a belief in God exists because it is a fact that people believe in God. On the other hand, belief isn't a tangible thing like the keys on my keyboard. I suppose there could be confusion there. In any case, reality is meant to be that which exists beyond mere belief.

Picture a rose in your mind...

Is that rose real? Or simply a real image in your head? Or not real at all as there is no phyical evidence?

Can you trust your eyesight or any of your other senses?

I don't need other people to agree to what I call real, I have my own tools for that.

no photo
Wed 02/13/13 02:54 PM
I'm just being bait for scammers...

no photo
Tue 02/12/13 02:37 PM
I don't fear any man and their imaginary smugness. I see "imaginary friend" and I laugh... Why, because I'm not ashamed, nor embarrassed by someone's imaginary "superior" intelligence.

Just sayin' that who the eff cares about someone's real mental shortcomings...

no photo
Mon 02/11/13 03:55 AM
You prove my point, thank you...

no photo
Sat 02/09/13 11:09 AM
Sorry folks, but I still can't get over the irony that she lives in Beaverton... laugh

no photo
Sat 02/09/13 10:39 AM
Looks to me like the struggle is over?

no photo
Mon 02/04/13 02:35 PM
Edited by Peter_Pan69 on Mon 02/04/13 03:19 PM

All unrighteousness is Sin. God inspired man to write the Scripture for man to follow.

Why would you avoid the question?

Is it righteous to go against the will of God?
Moses directly went against that "law" 3 times according to scripture...

And one of results of Moses sin was that he would not be allowed into the promised land and, at the end of the 40 years in the desert, After Moses and his whole generation passed, the chosen nation entered the promise land.

But like many, his heart was for God which is really what God is looking for. No one on this earth is sinless except one man who was God himself made into man.

Another result of Moses' sin is that we have at least 3 laws which are not God's laws. I bet there's a lot more than that too.

Sacrifices, circumcision, divorce.
*edited to add the 3 laws

no photo
Sun 02/03/13 07:19 AM
Edited by Peter_Pan69 on Sun 02/03/13 07:20 AM
I firmly believe that human sacrifice is of pagan origin and that the continued teaching of this doctrine is a prime example of the Jezebel spirit.

http://www.gotquestions.org/pagan-Christianity.html

no photo
Sun 02/03/13 01:50 AM
Edited by Peter_Pan69 on Sun 02/03/13 01:52 AM
I pledge allegiance,
To fellow humans,
Of this wonderful place called Earth,
And to noble intentions,
For which we stand,
One world,
Under peace
Indivisable,
With liberty,
And justice for all...

Sorry, I can't pledge to any material thing, knowing (as plastic_pancakes said) that it does cause blind adherence to customs.

I support the right to burn it, fly it half-mast or fly it upside-down for anyone.
Others seem like they wish the death penalty on anyone who would protest it...

no photo
Sat 02/02/13 12:13 PM

Furthermore, you've subsumed truth into language which is a mistake.

I'm not clear on what you mean by this. Please explain.

I think I get it.

As your previous post, "That's the difficulty with trying to capture truth or reality... once you record it, the universe has already moved on / changed."

IOW, truth just is?

no photo
Sat 02/02/13 10:37 AM
^^^^^^^

May I take credit for that post?

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25