Community > Posts By > Peter_Pan69

no photo
Sun 06/23/13 10:17 AM

Thanks for posting that ! I was sure of the verse,but forgot witch one it was.

NP...
I post it in just about every one of these "unequally yoked" threads...

no photo
Sun 06/23/13 09:30 AM

I do not believe that a Christian should date a non-Christian. I met men on Christian site that wanted a Christian wife, yet when we met inperson they didn't feel the same way I did about a Relationship. So, Unequally yoked can also relate to man and woman being both "Christian" but on different Spiritual levels. I ran from one man, who said he was a Christian, he had strange beliefs and didn't believe in Jesus, God, Holy Spirit as one. So, when I hope to meet a man, I pray he is equally yoked, not just saying he is a Christian.

Yeah, but it seems I read somewhere in the book a believer can save a non-believer? Where is cerise when ya need her?

1 Corinthians 7:14
King James Version (KJV)

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

no photo
Tue 03/26/13 04:24 PM

This whole "equally yoked" concept and argument is just as bad as racism.

That is your opinion, and I disagree with it.

I more than disagree with it. Its a random statement comparing apples and oranges at best.

Explain how comparing Christians to non-Christians is not comparing apples to oranges too then.

You guys assign humans to classes based on perceived attributes (religion) ignoring the fact that we're all humans.

I wonder, do you think non-Christians aren't worthy of heaven since you don't think that they're worthy enough to marry a Christian?

no photo
Mon 03/18/13 11:52 PM
None.

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 06:59 PM

That is your opinion, and I disagree with it.

Of course you do... It was your quote that inspired me to write what I did.

You ignore the parable of the good Sumaritan, the Roman centurian having more faith than the Apostles, the fact the Yeshua came for the sinners, Romans 2 (no Jew nor Gentile etc.) and of course, 1 Corinthians 7:14...

no photo
Wed 03/13/13 09:44 PM

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 03:46 PM
Remember that stuff we did? Back some time ago? In that place? With old what's his face? When the thingamabobby went "poof" and scattered all over your whatchamacallit? Yeah, it was like THAT! What fun!

no photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:34 PM
Mom always said to try your best...

no photo
Thu 03/07/13 03:06 PM
Didn't anyone hear me???

no photo
Thu 03/07/13 03:02 PM
I was listening to a guy last night on a news channel that says he is a Christian but try to pass much of the Old Testament as being a made up story to tell a certain moral lesson. It came across like he was Saying God lied about events in the OT. He even said that Jesus would not have approve of certain OT practices even though they were laws set forth by God. I’m like did he even read the Gospel at all much less study it.

Ok that is my two cents.

God didn't write the Bible, so nothing in it can be considered "God lying", but as indicated below, man DID lie...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Ezekiel 22:27-29
King James Version (KJV)

27 Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.

28 And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord God, when the Lord hath not spoken.

29 The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully.

Jeremiah 7:21-23
King James Version (KJV)

21 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.

22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Now, how does one "obey God's voice"??? Simple, compare it to your heart, prove all things and hold fast that which is good. After all, the simple believeth every word...

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version (KJV)

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

no photo
Wed 02/27/13 08:16 AM
Exodus 22:25-27
New International Version (NIV)

25 “If you lend money to one of my people among you who is needy, do not treat it like a business deal; charge no interest. 26 If you take your neighbor’s cloak as a pledge, return it by sunset, 27 because that cloak is the only covering your neighbor has. What else can they sleep in? When they cry out to me, I will hear, for I am compassionate.

Psalm 15

Psalm 15
A psalm of David.
1 Lord, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
Who may live on your holy mountain?
2 The one whose walk is blameless,
who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from their heart;
3 whose tongue utters no slander,
who does no wrong to a neighbor,
and casts no slur on others;
4 who despises a vile person
but honors those who fear the Lord;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
and does not change their mind;
5 who lends money to the poor without interest;
who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.

Whoever does these things
will never be shaken.

Luke 12:32-34

32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

no photo
Thu 02/21/13 04:42 PM
1 Samuel 31:2-5

2 The Philistines were in hot pursuit of Saul and his sons, and they killed his sons Jonathan, Abinadab and Malki-Shua. 3 The fighting grew fierce around Saul, and when the archers overtook him, they wounded him critically.

4 Saul said to his armor-bearer, “Draw your sword and run me through, or these uncircumcised fellows will come and run me through and abuse me.”

But his armor-bearer was terrified and would not do it; so Saul took his own sword and fell on it. 5 When the armor-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he too fell on his sword and died with him.

no photo
Sun 02/17/13 05:49 PM

God is real. I don't follow your "rules", nor adhere to your "requirements", remember?

You should have just laid out your requirements earlier, you could have saved yourself some fluff for the response to this post...

Sigh. Same shenanigans, different day...

By YOUR own requirements of what being "real" means, God is not.

It's no skin off my nose if your account of the way things are in self-contradictory and incoherent. I just think it ought be brought to light, so another unwitting reader doesn't fall for it.

:wink:

Call it my contribution to saving the world.

Just stop it man.
I don't have "requirements" that entail you agreeing with me...

no photo
Sun 02/17/13 04:52 PM

Oh my, to the lengths one will go in order to hold on to their delusions of granduer.

Sigh.

I mean, what was the purpose for all that work you put into italicizing and bolding and separating things because of the terminological difference between "not real" and "fake"? Such zeal for something so so insignificant. In the given context, they are both opposed to "real".

God cannot be both real and not or real and fake. The Bible is real for the reasons you've given(being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verifiable existence). God is not - for the exact same reasons.

laugh

God is real. I don't follow your "rules", nor adhere to your "requirements", remember?

You should have just laid out your requirements earlier, you could have saved yourself some fluff for the response to this post...

whoa

no photo
Sun 02/17/13 02:06 PM
Edited by Peter_Pan69 on Sun 02/17/13 02:46 PM
Maybe you should read what I said instead of misrepresenting my words...

Oh but I have, and that has already been addressed without subsequent refutation and/or attention by your good self. What you haven't said is more telling...

You haven't said what it takes/means to be real, which entails what being not real takes/means.

No, you haven't...

Just read back to my post where you got the Bible bit, make your correction, then slink away. You know how I am about honesty...

Well Pan, based upon our past exhanges, I know how confused your notion of honesty is, but that is not the focus. I did read what you wrote. You wrote that the Bible was not real. Funny enough, you also have a very long history of quoting from this Bible that's not real as a means to support your thought/belief about God. All that is beside the point though. You, evidently, are not satisfied with my comments regarding what you've wrote.

Bolded and italicised by me

Italicised above is one of your major flaws which you obviously are either lying about or misunderstand as indicated below.

You did write "truth just is... I can't change it, you can't change it, all we can do is "perceive" it."
You did write "God is real the Bible is fake"

Here you actually got it right. Kudos for cut-n-paste, eh?

Interestingly enough, you've still not provided an answer to the question "Is God real" along with an explanation of that answer. The only answer is either affirmative or negative, and that answer can only be explained by what you think it takes for something to be real(or "fake" in your account). You've answered in the affirmative, and oddly enough answered in the negative for the Bible by saying it is fake(not real).

I provided an answer and choose not to divulge my reasons. I don't follow your rules, remember?

The oddity arises because the Bible - without a doubt - can be touched, seen, heard, smelled, tasted, pointed at, exchanged between hands, read, argued about and all sorts of things like this. In short the Bible can be perceived by our physiological sensory apparati. The existence thereof is falsifiable and verifiable. These sorts of considerations lead to concluding that the Bible is most certainly real, in a very meaningful sense of the term "real".

You obviously either do undertstand the concept of "real" or you're in denial of the definition or wish to impose your definition (which I will not accept btw) "Being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verifiable existence: real objects"
By the mere existentence of being physical the Bible is real. By the mere existence of mistranslations, errors, forgeries, etc. it's fake.

These criterion for being called "real" do not apply to God though, but you've called God "real" and the Bible "fake"? That doesn't make much sense at all.

Of course it doesn't make sense, you have a perception flaw which makes you think everyone thinks like you do. The fact that I used both words in a sentense should have clued you into the context. Maybe you just have trouble with literal meanings, I don't know...

Perhaps you can explain yourself?

What is the criterion by which you compare/contrast different things so that some qualify as being real and other as being fake?

Nope, I'm quite happy being a mystery.

Curious though: What's the literal translation of "Are you alone?"???

no photo
Sun 02/17/13 09:34 AM

Oh but I have, and that has already been addressed without subsequent refutation and/or attention by your good self. What you haven't said is more telling...

You haven't said what it takes/means to be real, which entails what being not real takes/means.

No, you haven't...

Just read back to my post where you got the Bible bit, make your correction, then slink away. You know how I am about honesty...

no photo
Sat 02/16/13 09:59 PM
Edited by Peter_Pan69 on Sat 02/16/13 10:00 PM

And you also said that the Bible is NOT real but God is.

laugh laugh

So, if truth just is and God is then truth is God.

laugh laugh laugh

Yet there's a problem if I "dictate" what "truth" means when I use it?

laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Sat 02/16/13 05:16 PM

Indeed the word "truth" is already a part of language. However so is "brain" "thought" and "reality". So, as we can see, just because we have a name for a thing it does not mean that that which is being named requires language for it's existence. Correspondence to fact/reality is one such thing.

Not sure what you're asking about in the end. Can you rephrase you questions, or perhaps put them into some context?

The appreciation is shared.
wow were way off topic here who changed the subject?

You figure truth has nothing to do with whether or not God is real?

huh

Not while you are dictating "truth"...

no photo
Fri 02/15/13 07:00 PM

Whatever makes ya feel better.

laugh

I AM talking to you this time Pan!

Are you denying that you're attempting to dictate thought processes and demand that "reality" needs consensus of mutiple people?

That's what happens most times, and each time it does, I tell you that you're not the center of the universe...

So you can just dictate whatever rebuttal you had prepared.
Tell us why you think there is no God?

no photo
Fri 02/15/13 06:50 PM

I was not talking to you.

There are still several points that were already raised which you have yet to have given due attention.

I guess I felt I answered it the best I could.

Is it a fundamental question you are not sure of, or a debate point you wish to continue with?

If you have a question, please state it clearer, if you have a view on the subject please just state it.

whats the truth man! :-)

He was talking to me. But it's always the same thing, so I don't bother too much.

As for me, I was not suggesting truth is subjective, only our perception of it.

Carry on...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25