And yet again....

Jeremiah 8:8
New International Version (NIV)

8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise,
for we have the law of the Lord,”
when actually the lying pen of the scribes
has handled it falsely?

How can you say you have God's law?
(that passage is from the Bible, you do know that, right?

no photo
Thu 01/31/13 06:23 PM

Yeah, my thought is that you created this thread 4 minutes after posting in the other thread I was in.

I see a pattern in that the subject of something I comment on is recreated by you in a new thread. Numerous times I might add.

Post hoc ergo prompter hoc

Citing a "perceived" fallacy does not make it one. Only you can publicly verify if it is truly a fallacy or not. I know what I know, deal with it...

no photo
Thu 01/31/13 05:06 PM
Marry an ugly woman? (from Night Patrol)

Kent: Let me tell you something Melvin. If you're gonna get married, marry an ugly girl.
Melvin: Ugly girl, why?
Kent: Ehhh, you marry a pretty one, two weeks later she runs off with somebody else.
Melvin: Yeah, well an ugly girl can run away too.
Kent: I know, but who gives a sheet?

no photo
Thu 01/31/13 01:44 PM
Yeah, my thought is that you created this thread 4 minutes after posting in the other thread I was in.

I see a pattern in that the subject of something I comment on is recreated by you in a new thread. Numerous times I might add...

No worries though, I know I inspire you. You're right, "An evolution of thought/belief is upon us" and I know I'm responsible for at least some of it.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. :-Þ

no photo
Thu 01/31/13 01:38 PM

What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?

It was immorality.
People didn't follow God's law.

Ezekiel 16:49-55

49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. 51 Samaria did not commit half the sins you did. You have done more detestable things than they, and have made your sisters seem righteous by all these things you have done. 52 Bear your disgrace, for you have furnished some justification for your sisters. Because your sins were more vile than theirs, they appear more righteous than you. So then, be ashamed and bear your disgrace, for you have made your sisters appear righteous.

53 “‘However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them, 54 so that you may bear your disgrace and be ashamed of all you have done in giving them comfort. 55 And your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to what they were before; and you and your daughters will return to what you were before.

Jeremiah 8:8

8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise,
for we have the law of the Lord,”
when actually the lying pen of the scribes
has handled it falsely?

no photo
Thu 01/31/13 12:16 PM
May I take credit for this thread too? winking

no photo
Thu 01/31/13 12:02 PM

Hmmm....

An evolution of thought/belief is upon us.

:wink:

If you mean me, I've thought this way since I was 3...

no photo
Thu 01/31/13 10:55 AM

This is why the Gnostics and others believe the g-d of the old testament to be a demiurge who was basically evil.

I think the god of the old testament was basically evil. Does that make me a Gnostic?

I think the OT is just a story about effed up people doing effed up things and claiming "Thus saith the Lord", when the Lord hath not spoken...

no photo
Thu 01/31/13 10:50 AM

My old theology professor explained the sin was the violation of the law of hospitality,

Exactly, just like it says in Ezekiel.

So the question then becomes, for those who want to answer...

If a homosexual couple gets married and the marriage bed cannot be defiled, is it still a sin?

I don't understand how loving someone can be a sin

Nor do I... But sit back, grab some popcorn, I'm sure someone will come along to tell us... whoa

no photo
Wed 01/30/13 02:14 PM

My old theology professor explained the sin was the violation of the law of hospitality,

Exactly, just like it says in Ezekiel.

So the question then becomes, for those who want to answer...

If a homosexual couple gets married and the marriage bed cannot be defiled, is it still a sin?

no photo
Wed 01/30/13 10:12 AM
Ezekiel 16:55
King James Version (KJV)

55 When thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate, and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate, then thou and thy daughters shall return to your former estate.

no photo
Wed 01/30/13 10:09 AM
I'm going to have to say it's for the same reason of all wars.
Greed and pride...

no photo
Wed 01/30/13 09:26 AM
Because I haven't figured out how to sleep standing up...

no photo
Wed 01/30/13 06:55 AM
I am unique in that I don't really care if you think I'm unique or not... :-/

no photo
Wed 01/30/13 05:48 AM
I always thought they were the same???

no photo
Wed 01/30/13 02:19 AM
Damn Satanists...

no photo
Tue 01/29/13 09:27 PM
Edited by Peter_Pan69 on Tue 01/29/13 09:27 PM

I don't fear anybody's imaginary friends. I fear they way people justify horrible acts because of their imaginary friends.

very well said :)

I don't fear any man and their imaginary smugness. I see "imaginary friend" and I laugh... Why, because I'm not ashamed, nor embarrassed by someone's imaginary "superior" intelligence.

Just sayin' that who the eff cares about someone's real mental shortcomings...

no photo
Tue 01/29/13 06:43 AM
Deuteronomy 4:1-2

4 Now, Israel, hear the decrees and laws I am about to teach you. Follow them so that you may live and may go in and take possession of the land the Lord, the God of your ancestors, is giving you. 2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.

Moses is guilty of the bolded words above. Do you deny this?

no photo
Tue 01/29/13 12:27 AM

and for the biblical scholars,,

Jesus himself describes 'paper' that designates the end of a marriage (divorce)

but where does Jesus or scripture designate a 'paper' that designates the beginning of one?

Yeshua goes a bit futher than that I think. He points out that it was Moses who gave that law and that from the beginning it wasn't so...

no photo
Mon 01/28/13 01:20 PM
I feel no need to judge those who observe the pagan sun god's day of worship (Sunday) but I will NOT allow those false teachers to tell me who I am allowed to marry and whether or not I am actually married. Nor do I require permission of them to follow the laws which are written on MY heart as well as yours. You are more than welcome to follow those rules and traditions of men, but you do not have authority to dictate "God's law" to anyone except yourself.

I do not answer to any man...

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25