Community > Posts By > biglife

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 06:22 PM
Can someone explain to me exactly what homecoming is? We don't have that up here and I've heard about it a zillion times.

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 06:18 PM

I rest my case regarding strong opinions.

lol hey, you guys asked!
just for the record, i dont feel any ill will towards any of his fans, just voicing my own opinion...

That's all I asked for -- opinions, and everyone's right to them should be respected. I just wish that more ppl would respond to this thread.

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 05:38 PM

I should have read this a while ago. I hear all too often, you're so sweet, you deserve better. I guess I need to change some things.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Don't change the sweetness part OR the deserving part. For anyone.

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 05:11 PM
I rest my case regarding strong opinions.

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 05:06 PM
I have found that ppl have very strong opinions about him -- whether positive or negative. What did he speak about when you went to see him?

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 04:58 PM

I'd like to try it!

I think it would be hard to find here

Try the Bourbon Street Bar and Grill, 346 W 46th St, New York - (212) 245-2030

You may have to take a trip into the city, but it's worth it.

I love gator too, although I don't often get the opportunity to eat it.

There are a lot of gator farms, so it isn't really that costly anymore. One close to me is Gator Jungle in Ft. Christmas Florida, they do mail order.

Good to know, thank you. I have a brother in Fla. Note to self -- call him to ship me some gator.

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 04:34 PM
Is his new documentary out yet? Would love to get some personal opinions on him and his work. How do you Americans feel about his so-called exposes (couldn't put an accent where it belongs)?

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 04:31 PM

Maybe lust at first site, love takes time to grow. Easy to say, much harder to mean.

Too true. Sometimes even harder to live it daily when you're with someone. Your horse?

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 04:26 PM
I've done all three, depends on my mood, time, etc. etc......

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 04:18 PM

i have just learned how to trap snapping turtles, i kinda enjoy it, but could do without the cleaning process. I have several properties that i manage that have fish ponds on them and i need to control the turtle population. Usually i release them somewhere else. Hve you tried turtle and/ or are you more of a turtle pet type?

The cleaning is a bit of a pain, but turtle stew is great. Although I am yet to figure out the hot flash you get when you start eating it.

I heard turtle soup is good. It's delicacies in Grand Cayman.. I wouldn't eat any tho... They are too kind to be eaten....laugh laugh

Have you ever met a snapping turtle? I have a friend with 3 fingers on his right hand who would beg to differ with you. There is nothing "kind" about a snapping turtle. They are neither kind to people or the environment, to be honest they are right up there with gar and will decimate a fish population in record time.

have you been to the Caymans? I built a bunch of condos there a few years back. Now that you mention it they have tyurtle farms there. I believe that they are the national critter. Anyway. i have tried fried turtle, it was ok but i wouldent crawl accross town for it on my knees or anything.

I live in Florida, same weather, same turtles, I agree it isn't worth crossing town for, however you might find some eating places that server turtle that might buy them from you, depending on the size of the turtles in question.

mmmmmmmmm speak for youself sister.....snappin turtle is excellent,but so is alligator..ive spent alot of time on the gulfcoast and louisianna...i love the food....yummm!

Like I said I live in Florida and I lived in New Orleans for years and I agree snapping turtle is very good. However it isn't even in the same league as gator. Gator is beyond good, turtle simply can't compare.

I love gator too, although I don't often get the opportunity to eat it.

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 04:07 PM

Rain sucks. At least if it's cold, you can still do something outdoors. I didn't realize the bulb plants needed to be pulled out every fall. Why can't you just leave them in the ground?

I used to not pull them out on the ground and they just rotten down there for a long period of winter. So, I spend a lot of money buying new bulbs to plant in my garden and it is getting expensive.... So, due to economic downturn, I am pulling mine the first time ....laugh laugh

The recession has made most of us do things we never did before -- or not do things we used to. Good luck with those bulbs next year. Maybe it will be a better one weather wise.

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 04:07 PM
Edited by biglife on Sat 10/03/09 04:07 PM

Rain sucks. At least if it's cold, you can still do something outdoors. I didn't realize the bulb plants needed to be pulled out every fall. Why can't you just leave them in the ground?

I used to not pull them out on the ground and they just rotten down there for a long period of winter. So, I spend a lot of money buying new bulbs to plant in my garden and it is getting expensive.... So, due to economic downturn, I am pulling mine the first time ....laugh laugh

The recession has made most of us do things we never did before -- nor not do things we used to. Good luck with those bulbs next year. Maybe it will be a better one weather wise.

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 03:06 PM

Beautiful day here,clear sky and in mid 80's. Sorry

Good for you, depressing for me. There is nowhere to live in Canada to get away from damn winter. Get so tired of it year after year..........

My brother lives in Fla. and always calls to bug me when they're sitting around the pool while I freeze my azz off up here.

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 02:59 PM
Once bitten, twice shy.

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 02:56 PM

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 02:48 PM
You still have flowers blooming? Lucky you. We didn't even have a summer, well maybe 4 or 5 days of it....then right into winter.

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 02:44 PM

What a boring day! No action on here either. The crappy weather doesn't help much. You?

no photo
Fri 10/02/09 06:23 PM

It's the kind where the man is a gentleman; he tells you how beautiful you look, he opens the door for you, he pulls out your chair and stands until you sit/or stands until you're standing, you don't even have to think about paying for anything, and at the end of the night he doesn't expect or assume that he's having sex with you, instead, he tells you what a great time he had with you and wants to know if it's o.k. to call you again...

I have had many of these and I will say that being treated like a lady goes a long way in my eyes.

Very true!!!!!:heart:

Hi Tammy, The man been keeping you busyblushing ? How was your trip?

no photo
Fri 10/02/09 06:21 PM

You mean like courting? Wouldn't we allsmitten

Sign me up! drinker

I would love to avoid hearing "hang out" or "chill" or the WORST usage of the meaning "to date someone" (referring to two people who are dating -- they are "talking" WTF is that??? grumble ). frustrated

Please romance me (my idea of romance is not like most), use extreme social refinement (genteel), and don't act like a monkey's azzzz. :laughing: winking

Hear, heardrinker

no photo
Fri 10/02/09 06:15 PM

Wait for the right timing...i would say...
For me: I would wait for the guy to say the word "I love you" to me before I do to him....But, that's my preference....
Good luck to you!

thanx, it was just a hypothetical though. Im not even CLOSE to love right now. There are just so many 'rules' about relationships. I wondered how minglers felt about the topic.

I don't pay attention to any rules except my own and those that are mutually agreed upon within the relationship. The key to being the first to say I love you is to not have ANY expectations that those words or feelings will be returned. Love is something that is freely given, not taken. If expressing yourself to the other person scares them off, so be it. It's not as if you're saying something negative or insulting them. I don't see anything wrong with vocalizing something as postive as love.