Community > Posts By > biglife

no photo
Thu 09/30/10 09:05 PM
Happiness is lack of suffering.

Success is not having everything you want, i'ts being happy with you have. (needs vs, wants)

no photo
Tue 09/21/10 08:58 PM
A good kiss or a bad one will determine where it goes from there.

no photo
Tue 09/21/10 08:54 PM

odds are 10 to 1 he found someone else. sorry.

Unfortunately, I agree. Sorry hun, but I think it's time to move on. flowerforyou

thanks okcutie67

I will move on....the only thing is when someone treats you like a princess the entire relationship, and then one day you get hit without knowing it, you are a bit dizzy getting back up and now I am just trying to regain my balance...flowerforyou

Don't have to tell me hun! I was married for 10 years and thought we had a wonderful relationship until he walked out on me one Thursday night and never came back. I later found out he had been seeing someone else for quite a while. But right up until he walked out the door he was still doing sweet little things for me as he always had so I had no idea! Talk about "out of the blue"!!! Leaves you wondering how you could be so clueless as to how your life really was and how well you thought you knew that other person! brokenheart

Sorry hun...brokenheart

"Out of the blue" means that YOU were the one left in the dark wondering -- WTF. He had probably been planning it all along. Sorry you had to experience this kind of cowardice. I've been there too.

no photo
Fri 09/17/10 06:34 PM

"Pardon me, but those pixels look amazing."

Ahhh thats the humore I was looking fore we need more like this one peeps.
Now is that Original Orartor?

Made it up on the spot, never used it though.

Might hve to borow it with your permition of corse

Ask Scoundrel. He seems to do just fine with the ladies. Lots of them in his pics. He also has some good advice to give from a man's point of view.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

I actually spit on my keyboard!

Obviously, a sharp lady. Glad to see you caught that.

no photo
Thu 09/16/10 06:34 PM

I think I finally figured out how to respond to you... will try it next time you feel the need to "criticize women"

I don't think he's critizing women as a means of putting them down. His experiences with the opposite sex are exactly that -- HIS experiences. We all see the world through our own eyes. It would be a good thing for all of us to learn tolerance, patience and respect for another's right to an opinion.

no photo
Wed 09/15/10 04:52 PM

I haven't any idea. When we were married, we loved each other. We still do, but in a different way. In todays world, even love isn't enough to hold a marriage together. Love just doesn't seem to be able to carry it's weight anymore. The world is 'too much with us' and is very distracting, for a marriage to work, the main focus needs to be 'we'. Thats a difficult word for most today, especially in relationships. Everyone has gotten too involved in their own world, with technology and what have you, to put in the energy required to make it last. It's a throw away world, we even throw away people for something better, and it may not be another person.

Yay for Shasta! My thought is that all this technology has in a way turned ppl away from each other instead of toward each other. Technology is great, but it seems to be taking over our "humanity". But, the thread is not about that. Sooooo, I will say that I agree with your throw away world thing.

no photo
Tue 09/14/10 08:41 PM

"Pardon me, but those pixels look amazing."

Ahhh thats the humore I was looking fore we need more like this one peeps.
Now is that Original Orartor?

Made it up on the spot, never used it though.

Might hve to borow it with your permition of corse

Ask Scoundrel. He seems to do just fine with the ladies. Lots of them in his pics. He also has some good advice to give from a man's point of view.

no photo
Tue 09/14/10 08:36 PM

I believe that the major problem with marriage isn't that people marry the "wrong one". I mean, sure, that does happen. But the major thing is that people just do not want to work on a marriage. When it gets hard, or depressing, or seems to just not be what they thought it was going to be, people want to abandon ship.

My Grandparents have been married over 50 years. In that time frame, they were divorced one time (a year), seperated, and have faced many challenges that most couples face. And why did they go through all of that and still end up being together? Because they fought hard for it. Yeah. Both of them made mistakes. But at the end of the day, they loved each other so much that they would go through Hell for one another.

People these days don't want to do it. It is so easy to just toss the old relationship aside and move on to another one. This feeling mostly steems from the initial "high" that you get when you first fall for someone. You all know the feeling I am talking about. And that is basically what is happening today. Toss the old one away and get a new one. Keep them for a couple of years, or until they become a nag, toss and repeat process. Sad.....but true.

offtopic Have you started school yet?

no photo
Tue 09/14/10 08:35 PM
Edited by biglife on Tue 09/14/10 08:35 PM

when you look at the divorce rate..
I`m gonna have to agree with you..
but since I`m not married or have never been married...
maybe I best keep my mouth shut....

No, not keep quiet with your opinions, maybe you've seen some of this as well, through the years and decided it wasn't for you. Maybe you're wiser that you give yourself credit for.flowers May this bouquet walk up the aisle with you one day (if that's what you want). Beware my words and thoughts

Thunder Bay is a great place, BTW. I come from Southern Ontario and sure do miss the beaches there.

no photo
Tue 09/14/10 08:33 PM

I know love isnt enough. I was young when I first married, shhh I still am, but eventually as we grew up we realised what we ultamitly wanted out of life dindnt coinside. We wanted the same things as youth but as my x continued colege she grew to want a knew lifestyle one that I didnt wnt to live. So the women I loved for two years of my life no longer existed and WE LITTERALY GREW APART.

Check out my about me portion of my profile.

You're very clear about how you want to live your life now and in the future. Sometimes ppl will agree that they are okay with what you want and what they want, but these decisions are usually made during the "glow of being in love". I don't know about you, but I prefer to make decisions logically rather than emotionally. Being in love is great and all, but reality does set in at some point in time.

no photo
Tue 09/14/10 08:29 PM

I believe that the major problem with marriage isn't that people marry the "wrong one". I mean, sure, that does happen. But the major thing is that people just do not want to work on a marriage. When it gets hard, or depressing, or seems to just not be what they thought it was going to be, people want to abandon ship.

My Grandparents have been married over 50 years. In that time frame, they were divorced one time (a year), seperated, and have faced many challenges that most couples face. And why did they go through all of that and still end up being together? Because they fought hard for it. Yeah. Both of them made mistakes. But at the end of the day, they loved each other so much that they would go through Hell for one another.

People these days don't want to do it. It is so easy to just toss the old relationship aside and move on to another one. This feeling mostly steems from the initial "high" that you get when you first fall for someone. You all know the feeling I am talking about. And that is basically what is happening today. Toss the old one away and get a new one. Keep them for a couple of years, or until they become a nag, toss and repeat process. Sad.....but true.

So true my dear Goof. I still believe we end up divorced because the marry the wrong person or for the wrong reasons. There are a lucky few who take the time to discuss, compromise, and discover expectations beforehand, therefore pretty much eliminating potential nasty surprises along the way. Of course, this all goes out the window when one or the other changes the rules unfairly.

no photo
Tue 09/14/10 08:23 PM

when you look at the divorce rate..
I`m gonna have to agree with you..
but since I`m not married or have never been married...
maybe I best keep my mouth shut....

No, not keep quiet with your opinions, maybe you've seen some of this as well, through the years and decided it wasn't for you. Maybe you're wiser that you give yourself credit for.flowers May this bouquet walk up the aisle with you one day (if that's what you want). Beware my words and thoughts

no photo
Tue 09/14/10 08:20 PM

Sounds like it would be
wise to figure out how to
recognize these qualities
in people... those things
that people do that demonstrate
loyalty and a certain ability
to navigate through tough times...

the love "feelings" are cool
and all... but I look for deeper
chit as well. To me, that's the more
important stuff... so that's what
I look for now.

My perspective has certainly changed as I've gotten older. Marriage more important than wedding, althought the wedding day is pretty special, but it's just one day.

no photo
Tue 09/14/10 08:07 PM
Several of my couple friends have "fallen in love" over the last short period of time and are planning cohabition and/or marriage. The issue is, although I wish them the best, it seems that as I grow older, I have seen and experienced that even if you love that person, doesn't mean they're the right one for you.

After an initial period goes by -- then the arguments start up over this, that and then eventually -- everything.

This tells me that they didn't take the time to compromise or discuss how they planned to live their lives after reality sets in. BEFORE THE BIG SHINDIG. It's all fine and dandy to have a big ol' wedding party planned, but what about the mundane day to day things that have to be taken care of too after THE BIG DAY. How much time is spent deciding these things? The minutae of daily life does sometimes hit you hard after the wedding planning and party have wound down.

The wedding is better discussed and planned than the marriage. I believe ppl do not openly address most of the reality situations that can come up. Finances, trash, laundry, bills and spending (again the financial thing), social life, cooking, in some case, raising kids, shopping etc., etc.

Then, they're surprised that after a while, it's not quite as romantic and then the fights and arguments start.

All I'm saying is that there's nothing wrong with marriage -- it's that we end up marrying the wrong person or for the wrong reasons. Which means, eventually it's doomed.

no photo
Mon 09/13/10 04:33 PM

Id hate to even guess what my theme song would be!!bigsmile noway :wink:

That one's easy Mikey

Well, hello Dolly. Groan. drinker

no photo
Wed 08/25/10 08:34 PM

Regarding online dating, I tend to agree that it's more difficult to meet and connect because the concept is so intangible.

For me it's just about the opposite: in the "physical world" I have a real hard time revealing myself.

2 days in M2, on the other hand, and I've already made a special friendship.

I guess I have a handicap in the "physical world" though: being an Italian and living in Italy, I'm pretty much limited to speaking Italian... thus, no Italian woman can know how sexy I am when I speak English. bigsmile

Your mind alone is a very sexy place!flowers

no photo
Sat 08/21/10 10:36 AM

I've found myself burnt out on people.
Online, I can ignore them if I don't
feel like logging on.
I've cut myself off from friends in
person because any more they just
irritate me. I hate when I lose respect
for friends in general because then
they start bouncing on my last nerve.
I really could go the route of a hermit
very easily. Access to internet for the
times when I felt like being social but
that's about it.

Okay EQ, when you are feeling all hermitized
I will find you and force feed you happy
cookies. They are rose colored :-)

Hi sou, Although I know you were kidding, I have found there is a lot to be said for learning to be your own best company. I have moments (very few, but they do happen) when I feel the same way Equus does. They pass, and life goes on.

no photo
Sat 08/21/10 08:34 AM

I've found myself burnt out on people. Online, I can ignore them if I don't feel like logging on.

I've cut myself off from friends in person because any more they just irritate me. I hate when I lose respect for friends in general because then they start bouncing on my last nerve.

I really could go the route of a hermit very easily. Access to internet for the times when I felt like being social but that's about it.

I think this comes from arriving at a place where you're very comfortable with yourself and spending time alone. Doesn't mean you're anti-social, just that you'd rather not put up with other ppl's crap anymore. That's a good thing, don't you think?

no photo
Fri 08/20/10 09:16 PM
Atlantis, I can completely relate to what you're saying. I went through a bad situation almost two years ago. I went from being a hugely social person, to a loooooong period of time in self-imposed isolation. Not complete isolation, but I had changed who I was. Not so much on the inside, but the way I was in the world had gone through a transformation I couldn't explain. I came to realize, in time, that instead of berating myself for this, I just let it be what it was, without forcing any sort of explanation as to why I was choosing to be this way.

The end result is that by allowing everything to happen as it did, I slowly came to be at peace with it all and let it take it's course. I gave myself permission to just go with the flow and not stress about any time lines.

The end result is that I'm now back to the same way I used to be only better than before.

no photo
Mon 08/09/10 08:17 PM

Kiss less that Younger Woman?

Just try it !

Had the best sex of my life with an older woman ... and she liked it too.

Did you bang her on her plastic covered couch?:tongue: laugh

Goof, now I am miffed!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25