Community > Posts By > biglife

no photo
Thu 07/15/10 12:32 PM

It's important that this be the subject of a major philanthropic organization's 'research and studies' grant ... I mean, if money can be wasted on finding answers to things like why young girls like to have sex, well, DUH ... THIS is much more pressing ... Enquiring minds, 'n all that ...

Exactly my point!

no photo
Thu 07/15/10 12:26 PM
Apply for a government grant to explore this further. They have given money away for far less meaningful research. This could be the answer!!!!!!

no photo
Thu 07/15/10 12:22 PM

A gift, like a compliment is just the other person's way of doing or saying something nice for you. I finally learned that when you don't accept either of them graciously, you are taking the pleasure away from the other person's kind gesture. It's really about both parties giving and receiving.

What about respecting a person's right to not receive gifts? So, I have to pretend to like gifts to appease them? Isn't that being dishonest?

No, no, because its the thought that you are grateful for, ya?

But that is exactly that; I am not greatful; I resent it.

You resent people thinking of you?

I resent people giving me gifts. If they were thinking of me; they can say it in words not gifts.

Both are nice to get. Matters not whether money was spent on ways we show people we love them. If your preference is for no gifts -- then so be it!

no photo
Thu 07/15/10 12:15 PM

A gift, like a compliment is just the other person's way of doing or saying something nice for you. I finally learned that when you don't accept either of them graciously, you are taking the pleasure away from the other person's kind gesture. It's really about both parties giving and receiving.

What about respecting a person's right to not receive gifts? So, I have to pretend to like gifts to appease them? Isn't that being dishonest?

Yes, your rights should be respected. I agree with that. All I'm saying that if you DO receive a gift, accept it graciously and in the spirit with which it was intended. Of course, let the person know how uncomfortable you are with it after the first time, and if they continue crossing your line, then tell them it's unacceptable.

no photo
Thu 07/15/10 11:59 AM

no photo
Tue 07/13/10 08:07 AM
Doesn't bother me 'cause I'm the one in control of the situation. If I don't like where the conversation is heading -- disconnect and block! Men are wonderful creatures, unfortunately, there are still some Neanderthals wandering the earth.

no photo
Tue 07/13/10 07:39 AM

Let's start with a country that 99.999% of the people doesn't even know it exists.

Andorra.

Been to Andorra. Doesn't seem a likely place for scammers.

no photo
Mon 07/12/10 07:30 PM
Why question his lack of manners and consideration toward you? He's proven to you more than once what he's made of. Shouldn't really come as too much of a surprise.

no photo
Mon 07/12/10 07:23 PM
This world has definitely changed for the worse.

no photo
Fri 07/09/10 03:01 PM

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of a wasp's nest that's located in a non-accessible area? They're under my small porch and all I can see are a couple of little holes where they go in and out. grumble

How is it non-accessible? Is there a small crack or a hole that leads to the nest?

If there is, then here is what you do.

What you need:

2. Diesel or heating oil

3. Fill the can with the oil and spray it liberally all over in where the nest could be. If you can soak the nest, that's the best.

4. Don't smoke on the porch, don't make a fire anywhere near.

It's gonna stink for a while, but the wasps don't like it either.

Does it kill them without direct contact or just make them leave?

no photo
Fri 07/09/10 03:00 PM
Thanks to everyone for the help. Here is the issue. My porch is built like a box (about 4X4X2' high), with the ground being the bottom. There are only a couple tiny of entry/exit holes into the box, making it impossible to see how big or where exactly the nest is. Now what? I can hear 'em, just can't see them except for when theycome and go. I really don't want to tear the porch apart, my carpentry skills are non-existant.

no photo
Fri 07/09/10 01:45 PM
Okay, do tell, where do you two find these?

no photo
Fri 07/09/10 01:22 PM
Can't believe I didn't think of that. Seriously, they're everywhere! Little bastards!

no photo
Fri 07/09/10 01:19 PM
Any suggestions as to how to get rid of a wasp's nest that's located in a non-accessible area? They're under my small porch and all I can see are a couple of little holes where they go in and out. grumble

no photo
Wed 07/07/10 04:04 PM

i guess SOME people act like they dont judge but ultimatly do!! Is it jealousy? Or maybe SOMEONE just likes drama cause there is nothng else in their lives to interest them!!! I feel sad for a sad person like that!!grumble

Hmmmmmm, no response. Surprise, surprise

no photo
Wed 07/07/10 03:57 PM
Never did understand the definition of soul mate. I think it's just a couple of words used to describe something unattainable that too many are searching for and will never find.

no photo
Wed 07/07/10 09:04 AM
Not too often, but yeah, there comes a point in time when either the situation remains stagnant, or it moves forward in some way.

no photo
Tue 07/06/10 07:35 PM
Edited by biglife on Tue 07/06/10 07:36 PM
Buttons, brilliant posting. You've verbalized a lot of issues that I've been thinking about in the last few years. Thanks for putting a voice to my thoughts. Brava!!!!!!:banana:

no photo
Tue 07/06/10 09:42 AM
High maintenance can refer to friends as well. People that just suck the life out of you. Bye bye.

no photo
Fri 07/02/10 05:48 PM
Next to trust, there is the issue of being considerate, no matter what stage the relationship is at.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25