Community > Posts By > biglife

no photo
Mon 06/07/10 09:59 PM

Alright, let's see if this happend to anyone else.

What if you tried your luck with a woman and at the end..she sorta dumped you so you had a few dates and you liked her and she also seemed to like you. But a few weeks later she just disappeared you tried to contact her but there was no response.

So anyway, you closed that chapter..you turned the page and consider her as someone who is gone and it's time to move on.

And then one day out of the blue she pops back on after long silence again and almost acts like nothing happened and wants to talk to you like she talked to you before, meet you, etc etc etc.

Would that mean that she found someone else while you were dating her, but then broken up and now she is running back to you, because she knows you had some feelings for her and now she is desperate or thinks she made a mistake or does she just doesn't know what she really wants?

Trying to figure out why people do what they do is, in my experience a huge waste of time. I'd rather put that energy into myself.

no photo
Mon 06/07/10 09:54 PM

Yes, but ALL countires when they meet, the common lanquage that is required is english. Feel there should be one common language for all- whatever it is, and then their monther tongue. Part of the worlds problems is the inability to communicate properly.whoa

Yes it is, and English has become a common language , beside German and French and Spanish. I would have to say that having about 70% of the Internet is in English and let's not forget the former British colonies across the world.

Will it be "English" though? I would say it's more like a "bastardized" version of English with many foreign words mixed into it. Also consider, not everything could be translated to English properly. Not only missing because of missing dictionary words, but missing expressions and the different (simpler) grammar rules make it loose its meaning.
And what else the benefit of knowing another language, beside speaking to someone who has it as a native language?
There are many. It's not only "another" language, but a whole another world. Many things regarding culture and a way of life are exclusive to certain languages and it will be "lost in translation" and translation will not do a justice.
Anyone who has never learned to speak another language fluently doesn't understand, that you don't translate words in your head while speaking it, but you basically switch to a different set of mind at the same time and you don't think about what it means in your own native tongue whatsoever, but it comes naturally, but because I "think" in English not only speak in English.

Being born to immigrant parents, I have been bilingual all my life. I've found it quite easy to pick up other languages because of the "mind set" you refer to.

no photo
Mon 06/07/10 09:38 PM

I like the ritz crackers with the cheese in between and peanut butter is good also. Yummy!!

I've recently switched to only all natural peanut butter. You know, it has all the oil on top, and takes a chainsaw to stir it up bigsmile

Yeah, how DO you stir the oil in without making a huge mess? Try almond butter, also good.

no photo
Mon 06/07/10 09:37 PM

I think they come from England. Almost no flavor, which works perfectly with brie, since it's flavour is so subtle. A nice French baguette also works well.

Hmmm... must be kinda like that Matza crackers jewish people eat. They don't have much flavor either. Am I gettin close ?

Ding, ding, ding -- we have a winner!!!!!

no photo
Mon 06/07/10 09:06 PM
I think they come from England. Almost no flavor, which works perfectly with brie, since it's flavour is so subtle. A nice French baguette also works well.

no photo
Mon 06/07/10 09:00 PM
Warmed, gooey brie on table water crackers. YUM

no photo
Mon 06/07/10 10:16 AM
If two people always treated each other like they did when they first met, I would be willing to bet that the divorce rate would be a lot lower.

no photo
Sun 01/17/10 12:19 PM

Is it ever a good thing or the right thing to get revenge on someone that has wronged you?

Although sometimes I've been tempted, I can now let it go since understanding the concept that revenge is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

no photo
Fri 01/15/10 10:43 PM

okay ive been with my bf alittle over ayear now im 19 and he 29 and my family loves him and everyone loves us together. weve always understood each other and never argued or fought. but lately i feel that hes been lying and cheating. its started a few monthes ago when i found a lot of flirty and love messages on his phone. i confronted him, he explained it wont happen again and we moved on ,but recently i found that him and some other girl has been texting flirty and love messages to each other again and i'm kinda sure that its his ex. he doesnt know that i know this. i started to realize the whole time he might been doing this the whole relationship. im realizing alot things at once like hes been living with his kids mother the whole time, he does have a lot of female friends,and so on. my oldest sister was telling something wasnt right about him.and should break it off ... basically im saying he doesnt know that im aware of what hes doing and i need to know should i confront him again and try working things out or just break it off and walk away from this relationship.

No-brainer

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 09:42 AM

I think the next time a man asks "Would you like to out sometime?", my answer will be "I'll answer that question sometime". Is he actually wanting a date? Is he just feeling the situation out to see what my response will be? Isn't "sometime" a little too vague?

Isn't this type a question meant as an icebreaker?.....smokin

That's what I'M trying to figure out. It's confusing when I'm asked this and then there is no follow through on the guy's part. After all, he was the one that suggested it.

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 09:18 AM
I think the next time a man asks "Would you like to out sometime?", my answer will be "I'll answer that question sometime". Is he actually wanting a date? Is he just feeling the situation out to see what my response will be? Isn't "sometime" a little too vague?

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 01:39 AM
Start going out more and exposing myself to new activities. The last year has sort of been a self-imposed isolation. Need to get out of my lady cave.

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 01:28 AM
Still single, but enjoying life.

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 01:23 AM
Maybe just wicked enough, but surely not evil!

no photo
Sat 12/26/09 02:17 PM

Hi Room , I too could be the next person leaving this site because in my views it seems that some of the women on here don,t like the English guys not being rude as this is a American based site also what is the point of having friends when i want a Relationship . Also ive done some posting on here and it feels to me know one wants to know the English . Also ive viewed lots of womens profiles and sent lots of messages out and ive had loads of reply,s from women yet it just seems a big game to them .

From Frank [Robkent] UK

First of all, on your profile, it says you will not respond to anyone from the Phillipines. Is that because you don't want to know them, as you suggested regarding M2 women not wanting to know the English?

Secondly, why not become pro-active instead of complaining about lack of responses? Tell your friends about this site and they can tell their friends and so on...... This is how the site could grow and gain more members with chances perhaps increasing of you finding someone locally.

no photo
Sat 12/26/09 10:15 AM
Nope. It's become all about pressure and stress. For some people, not having a Hallmark Christmas can be very disappointing. I also find the this time of year can bring out the best or worst in people.

no photo
Sat 12/19/09 11:07 AM
Spain. Love the food, beaches, language, people and music.

no photo
Fri 12/18/09 04:47 PM

Thanks again all! I am much better this morning and know I made the right choice...wish I could warn his girlfriend but know better and won't! Just a sort of 'protect our own' kind of desire. I know he is going to hurt her too, this guy should be on a list of losers somewhere!!! OK, thanks again!

why do you feel the need to "protect" someone that you do not even know? hmmm... why are you dependent upon an ex for your emotional state? hmmm... "protect your own?" -- hmm... You are saying you are a victim of him - because he wants another gf? Hmmm...

maybe put your energy in something new?? hmmm... 2 sides to every story...

@.02 drinker

I will agree with one thing...there are always two sides to every story...people tend to only go with oneflowerforyou

Well I all but caught him in the act yet he can't remember or admit that his bad behavior is what broke us up AND FAST!!! I am well rid of him and never should have tried to be any thing else but glad to be done with him....loneliness can and does make one (me) do dumb things sometimes....live and learn and move on.

How important is it really as to who did what? You made the decision based on what YOU knew. So be it! Don't look back. Waste of time.

no photo
Thu 12/17/09 05:59 PM
Stop letting them rent space in your head. :smile:

no photo
Thu 12/17/09 05:25 PM
Good to hear! I must have missed it. Thanks.drinker

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25