Community > Posts By > biglife

no photo
Mon 08/09/10 08:15 PM

Kiss less that Younger Woman?

Um, of course women of any age like to kiss someone they are attracted to! slaphead

What an odd musing. spock

I was thinking the same thing myself. Where does a question like that even come from?

no photo
Mon 08/09/10 08:13 PM
The other nite, I fell asleep on the couch. Cell phone alarm went off in the morning. Not thinking about where I was, I rolled over to shut the alarm off and -- SPLAT! face first on the floor. Quite nice, though, to start the day off laughing!

no photo
Sun 08/08/10 08:55 PM
Hi all. I've rented a two-bedroom (fully equipped) beachfront apartment on the Hondurian Island of Roatan. I'll be there from the middle of January til the middle of March. Anyone interested in coming down for a cheap holiday in paradise -- messasge me and we can talk. I'm looking for serious ppl wanting an inexpensive holiday. Just asking for anyone wanting to come down there to chip in what they think is a fair amount towards accomodation.

Millie

no photo
Wed 07/21/10 09:09 PM
Last Friday, while on public transportation, I had the pleasure of chatting up a beautiful lady by the name of Rose. I won't turn this into a long story. Suffice it to say, she shared with me that she immigrated here to Calgary 4 years ago from the Belgian Congo. After hearing about what she experienced while living there, I realized that I have abslolutely nothing to complain about. This lady was my small miracle that day.

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 08:43 PM
Is the pain and intensity of a heartache dependant on the other person's motives? I think not, still feels the same.brokenheart

To all of us that have suffered with hurt and sadness --flowerforyou drinks

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 08:30 PM
Edited by biglife on Sun 07/18/10 08:30 PM

What makes them stay is a combination of low self esteem, fear and wanting to believe the men or women love them still.

They have to make the move to leave and will usually return a couple of times before they will realize the kind of love this man or woman is offering is not a healthy one.

Very true. When kids are involved or financial dependence play roles in this situation it is harder.

even if there were kids why stay in a relationship if your not happy or even if there is a issue with emotional,physicaly abusive there is no point on staying.you can find a way out

my daughter was with her kids dad on and off for 10yrs before they even got married and when they finally did. his own mom stated she would give them a yr and she was right. they split up right before there 1st annerversary.. and he was abusive towards my daughter.
she saw something that we didnt

and she got into a lesbian relationship last yr
and everyone incudling her friends saw the abuse. my daughter didnt listen. and in every readinbg i gave my daughter it showed abuse, brake ups and she took my grandkids and moved over to tinian with her partner(now ex0 and right before they were leaving i told her i would see her in 6months she laughed about it... i was right my daughter and her ex partner broke up and they were back home in the 6months i had said

Because some women can't leave. Not everyone is the same. They may feel they can't or don't know how to. They may also want to work things out or don't want to lose "love". Some think it'll get better.

For some of us, you're more afraid of what he will do if you leave and he finds you than you are of staying and knowing what to expect.

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 10:02 AM

It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all!! I figure either way you may or may not get hurt, I just live in the moment and enjoy life. I wear my heart on my sleeve and i'm not scared to fall in love. I may get my heart broken..but in the end i believe it was all worth it!! But everyone is different.

You have to ask yourself...is thinking like this:

So now I got this modern "early warning radar" giving me a red alert before things get more serious with anyone so I still have time to back away.

Worth losing the love of your life??

You just never know what can happen if you don't give it a try.
I wish you the best and hope you find the girl of your dreams.flowerforyou

Sherry, my opinion comes from many more years of living than you. It's been my experience that when certain behaviours become apparent, the outcome is pretty predictable. When it happens often enough, yeah, time to cut loose. But, I'm still not so jaded and cynical that I've given up.

Yes, I have only had a couple of heart breaks and i have had a rough time getting over them. I know a few people who are very skeptical of letting their guard down due to the things they have been through. I wasn't stating that everyone is that way, i hope it didn't sound like that. flowerforyou

No, not at all. I hope that you never have another heartbreak again and that you end up in a relationship that keeps you happy and fulfilled. Age has a way of making you evaluate situations in a completely different way than when you were younger. Wiser? Stupider? Dunno.

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 09:58 AM
I don't think that Atlantis' OP is about lack of compromise or not being willing to. It's more about why don't ppl turn out to be who they say they are in the first place. Once they get firmly entrenched in the relationship, their demands become unreasonable. It's disappointing.

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 09:46 AM

It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all!! I figure either way you may or may not get hurt, I just live in the moment and enjoy life. I wear my heart on my sleeve and i'm not scared to fall in love. I may get my heart broken..but in the end i believe it was all worth it!! But everyone is different.

You have to ask yourself...is thinking like this:

So now I got this modern "early warning radar" giving me a red alert before things get more serious with anyone so I still have time to back away.

Worth losing the love of your life??

You just never know what can happen if you don't give it a try.
I wish you the best and hope you find the girl of your dreams.flowerforyou

Sherry, my opinion comes from many more years of living than you. It's been my experience that when certain behaviours become apparent, the outcome is pretty predictable. When it happens often enough, yeah, time to cut loose. But, I'm still not so jaded and cynical that I've given up.

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 09:37 AM

Can be a vicious circle. I've known many relationships that have turned out to be just as you described, Atlantis. I think it's just a matter of, yet again, not being with the right person. For whatever reason, your lives don't mix well. That's what the process is all about -- getting to know each other well enough to see if you mesh. It's a process with no guarantees.

For me, I had 2 serious relationships (one lasted 4 the other 5 years) and 2 lesser relationships (neither lasting more than a year), but all 4 eventually gone to that point I described in the topic.

For those who think I might not compromise, that's wrong. The problem was that I was asked to compromise more than it was comfortable. In one instance I had my bags packed and ready to leave the country for someone who said "it would be better to live in Ireland". If that's not a serious sacrifice (giving up everything here) for someone who I love, than I don't know what.

Where can I get one of those radars?laugh

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 09:26 AM
It represents how I like to live.

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 09:24 AM
The thing is that it usually starts out with something small that you don't want to make a big deal of. So you let it pass. You've invested a piece of yourself in the relationship. Do you run or do you stick around thinking it's just a one time thing? When ppl are not being up front with you, it really sucks when you find out that what they led you to believe about them in the FIRST place is just what they said in order to be with you.

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 08:10 AM
Through past experiences and knowing that this too will pass.

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 08:03 AM
The worst is when they misrepresent themselves at the beginning and then, all of a sudden you're in the relationship with someone who isn't what they told you they were. The truth always comes out -- why can't they realize that?

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 07:55 AM
Edited by biglife on Sun 07/18/10 07:57 AM
Damn computer!

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 07:55 AM
Edited by biglife on Sun 07/18/10 07:55 AM

If someone actually feels about being in a relationship the way you do, give or take 1/2 the stuff you say happens in yours (I've never had most of the problems you wrote in your diatribe spock )

Then I would say you should stay single. Seems you do not enjoy sharing your life, your world yada yada.

Honestly Atlantis, I don't mean to criticize but you don't seem happy with dating or relationships from any of your threads.

Perhaps you really should just enjoy your freedom?? End of story.flowerforyou

There are probably quite a few of us that can relate to, or have been in this situation. Atlantis' post actually makes a lot of sense. It all gets old after happening over and over, then you say "why bother", but still hope the next time it will be different. You're lucky that you've not had to repeatedly go through this scenario. You must tell us how you've been able to avoid it. Just luck or good decision making?

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 07:53 AM

If someone actually feels about being in a relationship the way you do, give or take 1/2 the stuff you say happens in yours (I've never had most of the problems you wrote in your diatribe spock )

Then I would say you should stay single. Seems you do not enjoy sharing your life, your world yada yada.

Honestly Atlantis, I don't mean to criticize but you don't seem happy with dating or relationships from any of your threads.

Perhaps you really should just enjoy your freedom?? End of story.flowerforyou
[/quote

There are probably quite a few of us that can relate to, or have been in this situation. Atlantis' post actually makes a lot of sense. It all gets old after happening over and over, then you say "why bother", but still hope the next time it will be different. You're lucky that you've not had to repeatedly go through this scenario. You must tell us how you've been able to avoid it. Just luck or good decision making?

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 07:47 AM
Can be a vicious circle. I've known many relationships that have turned out to be just as you described, Atlantis. I think it's just a matter of, yet again, not being with the right person. For whatever reason, your lives don't mix well. That's what the process is all about -- getting to know each other well enough to see if you mesh. It's a process with no guarantees.

no photo
Sun 07/18/10 07:37 AM

Where is James, my butler? He should be putting together this new rug shampooer. Puts it back in box. Arghhh!grumble

Finally gave up didja?frustrated

no photo
Sat 07/17/10 08:57 PM

OK...."Fine Point"

Do you new people feel "welcomed"?

Define new.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25