Community > Posts By > navygirl

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 07:22 PM
Edited by navygirl on Sat 11/22/14 07:25 PM

Damn....why would ya wanna do that..!...did ya see something that said women in a America are what ya marry...for what...lmao...trust me... Wrong turn...us ladies over here will eat you alive and laugh when you cry...take the door to the left and exit quietly...then book feet..:wink:

Once again its not only american women that do that but women in general� do it

Yeah right; let's generalize about women. You two make me glad that I am not dating.:angry:

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 07:18 PM

I remember my first crush still. It hurt terribly, but I learned a lot from it.

I remember my first "real" love... first time I ever considered living with someone. We've kept in touch as friends over the years, until a recent turn of events brought that friendship to a close. That one still hurts.

As to the mother of my child, you're right, you can and probably shouldn't forget for the sake of the children at least. But man, sometimes I'd like to...

Alzheimers will take care of all this eventually. ;-)

Heck I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday so my first crush. Hmm, I know he was male but other than that I can't remember a detail.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 01:08 PM

is it true that women are ment to love and not understand?
if yes what your reason and if no what your reason

That is the silliest thing I have ever heard. Of course women can love and understand.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 08:25 AM

How can I diactibated my profile?

Go to top of page and go to account. Then when that is open; look for settings. click on that and you will see the area to deactivate.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 08:20 AM

there are people from whom the silent treatment would be a welcome relief however.

:thumbsup:

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 08:15 AM

But it never really bothered me. The way I figure.. if you don't want to talk to me then... don't

Yeah; that is how I look at it too.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 08:03 AM
Edited by navygirl on Sat 11/22/14 08:07 AM
To me; I look at a silent treatment as a cooling off period. If a person isn't talking to me; I let them be as they obviously need some time to reflect but this should be explained to the other person. There are times; you simply can't resolve things right away and if you keep pushing; the person may snap and say something that they can't take back. I have had guys give me the silent treatment and I take it with a grain of salt. I leave them be and let them talk when they are ready.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 08:00 AM
For me; being a sailor; I love a dark and dirty which is dark rum and coke. My fave.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 07:55 AM
Lots of real men here but I don't think many are looking for a relationship. Due to bad divorces; a lot are looking just for sex with no commitment but that doesn't just apply to a dating site; it is the same in every day life.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 07:45 AM

There is a difference between expectations and judgements of others. You can be too judgmental. That's an ego thing.

Subject was self disappointment.

Lower self expectations just means to me you'll never amount to "nothing". How's that for judgmental? laugh

Yeah; I see where you are coming from. For me my self-expectations are high as I didn't get where I am in life by not being that way. However; I have learned that disappointed comes if I think the other person has to meet my expectations. I can still feel self disappointment as I in my mind; I am the cause of why the relationship failed. So; after a while; I just stopped caring and went about my life solo. In the end; we need to do what is best for our emotional state; so we each find our own way to deal with self disappointment.

I think that when we meet the one person who WE(both partners) can be happy with in every way, that we can not disappoint the other. Not saying there are never any disagreements in a relationship, but you can't beat yourself up for not "fitting together" if you're not a match (self disappointment). It will come. You have to be open to it. You can't completely close yourself off forever. It means being willing to be hurt and learning, yes, what you do want and don't.

Actually; I have closed myself off forever and now just put all my efforts into community and volunteer work. I find it very fulfilling actually.

I know you have. flowerforyou

I did too. For about 4 years.

Wow; that comes as a surprise that you have closed yourself off. I really don't know you but you didn't strike me as the type to do that; especially after reading some of your posts.

I'll message you. I should write a horror script about my last 18 yr marriage to a psychopath.

Wow; so sorry to hear that. Yes by all means message me.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 07:44 AM
Scammers are very easy to spot. I have had dozens of them in the last few days. What I find funny is the ones posing as soldiers trying to contact me. Really? Scammers contact a military person posing as a military person? Do they not think I won't pick up on that? These scammers are so stupid. laugh

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 07:38 AM

Women are better at picking up heavy chairs.

I am not even joking. The structure of a woman's body makes it significantly easier for them to lift chairs than men. This is actual science. There are videos.

Yeah! Science!

Well; that explains why the guys make me do all the heavy lifting. laugh

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 07:34 AM

There is a difference between expectations and judgements of others. You can be too judgmental. That's an ego thing.

Lower self expectations just means to me you'll never amount to "nothing". How's that for judgmental? laugh

Yeah; I see where you are coming from. For me my self-expectations are high as I didn't get where I am in life by not being that way. However; I have learned that disappointed comes if I think the other person has to meet my expectations. I can still feel self disappointment as I in my mind; I am the cause of why the relationship failed. So; after a while; I just stopped caring and went about my life solo. In the end; we need to do what is best for our emotional state; so we each find our own way to deal with self disappointment.

I think that when we meet the one person who WE(both partners) can be happy with in every way, that we can not disappoint the other. Not saying there are never any disagreements in a relationship, but you can't beat yourself up for not "fitting together" if you're not a match (self disappointment). It will come. You have to be open to it. You can't completely close yourself off forever. It means being willing to be hurt and learning, yes, what you do want and don't.

Actually; I have closed myself off forever and now just put all my efforts into community and volunteer work. I find it very fulfilling actually.

I know you have. flowerforyou

I did too. For about 4 years.

Wow; that comes as a surprise that you have closed yourself off. I really don't know you but you didn't strike me as the type to do that; especially after reading some of your posts.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 07:07 AM

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 07:03 AM
Stupid thing I did was ignore intuition and date a couple of guys despite how I felt. I learned a painful lesson when I was just starting to recover from a bad car accident; a guy I dated hit me from behind which has resulted in a life long neck injury. The others had drinking/drug problems. So; lesson learned to always trust my instincts.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 06:54 AM

Would you ever consider dating a guy much younger than you?

Not a chance in hell would I ever date a man over 10 years younger than me. I would feel more like a babysitter if the man was much younger. laugh

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 06:47 AM
My first thought is its been a month since I could sleep in and I can't sleep in. This sucks.sad

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 06:46 AM
Well Op; I do agree that you must think of yourself first as you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others. I will admit I am damn selfish when it comes to helping others as I get a great feeling when I am helping my friends and family. These people mean the world to me and have always been there for me; so I choose freely to show how much I love them by helping them. If this makes me selfish; I really don't care. As for sacrifice; I would give my life to protect my friends and family but I would not make the sacrifice of giving up things I love to do merely for a romantic relationship; nor would I expect that from others. I can live a happy fulfilled life without having to screw others over as for me that is not my goal in life. However we each have to live our lives in our own way and we need to do what makes us feel comfortable; so as I said in another post; to each his/her own.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/22/14 06:26 AM
Edited by navygirl on Sat 11/22/14 07:04 AM

Yeah; I see where you are coming from. For me my self-expectations are high as I didn't get where I am in life by not being that way. However; I have learned that disappointed comes if I think the other person has to meet my expectations. I can still feel self disappointment as I in my mind; I am the cause of why the relationship failed. So; after a while; I just stopped caring and went about my life solo. In the end; we need to do what is best for our emotional state. We each find our own way to deal with self disappointment.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/21/14 10:22 PM
Edited by navygirl on Fri 11/21/14 10:29 PM

I just learn to care less, then you don't get so disappointed.

Yep; that is what I do too. I don't expect much from others; so I don't get disappointed. :thumbsup: