Community > Posts By > navygirl

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/08/14 09:08 PM

Being alone is better than being with someone, who makes you
on a daily basis, consider attaching a four foot rope to yourself,
via a noose around the neck, and jumping off the balcony.

Think positive..cup half full.:wink:

Yeah; that was my thought too. :thumbsup:

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/08/14 06:51 PM
Yogurt, tofu, milk, aalad, and cheese

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/08/14 06:49 PM

i don't think so , that's quite risky

Many people forget about risk actually :smile:

Yep; risky that you may catch something or that you might be having sex with someone that may hurt or kill you. These days; you can't be too careful.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/08/14 06:43 PM
Edited by navygirl on Sat 11/08/14 06:49 PM

you can definitely relate then..flowerforyou

my realization was that I had to (and at times still do lol) respect my limitations and NOT get frustrated by the inability to advance faster than my body allowed, I had to let it work in conjunction with my mind to overcome what the doctors kept telling me I COULDN'T do.. a form of mental reconditioning if you will on my part to alter the trusted influence a medical practitioner usually has over us.. I've always eaten healthy and exercised daily, nothing strenuous mind you like going through a gym workout.. just enough to maintain a healthy balance.. however I don't believe we're alone in not wanting to get older LOL.. I'm a toys r us kid too bigsmile but know WHEN to be serious!

maybe instead of explaining.. you could simply shrug your shoulders and say.. go ask THEM?? laugh

regardless of age, I've never had that question asked... perhaps because I surround myself with like minded people..?? that the thought doesn't seem to be of any importance to them? couldn't say.. but assume that because of your career, you come across a vaster variety of people on a daily basis, than I do.. my accident kinda caused my life to take a direction other then the one I was planning! I adapted, out of necessity, and had to reinvent myself by creating my own job, working from home.. so I don't have the 'social aspect' at work as most do!

how fortunate are we though, to have the freedoms and rights one has to dictate our own lives and not allow society to do that for us.. whilst some countries dictate every aspect of their own citizens! Guess I was just lucky to be born in the country I was!! :thumbsup:

anywho.. I agree that our behavior can affect others.. I simply put my OWN self out there and others decided if they like me or not.. I can't control how others choose to perceive me.. nor will I hold back, what I feel, is the BEST me happy

Hmm,I get where you are coming from. When it comes to complete strangers; I am not overly concerned how others perceive me. Where I am concerned is my family, good friends, the parents of the kids I teach, how the military sees me; or how the police see me as their employee. My friends ask me about these people because they are clearly making fools of themselves. I just say its mid-life crisis which really does make people do some very stupid things. Those are the ones that my behaviour affects. You are right though that we indeed are lucky to live in a country that lets us be who we are for the most part but on a more personal level; I still struggle to be accpeted as I am, to be treated as an equal by men.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/08/14 05:33 PM
Edited by navygirl on Sat 11/08/14 05:38 PM

Zero effected; you can act whatever age you want. My point is where do draw the line between thing young and just plain not acting your age? For instance at 56; are you going to stay up all night and party? Are you going to dress like a 19 year old? I am 54 years old myself. I work out; work with youth groups, I dress up in Halloween costumes; even go to sci fi conventions. In other words; I have fun, stay active but I can still do all this with some dignity and poise. It is different for everyone though and feel free to act whatever way you want. I am in a position where people look up to me especially in my military uniform and as a peace officer. I am expected to hold a higher standard of maturity and I can't afford to come accross as anything but professional. So; in closing behave in whatever way makes you comfortable and don't worry what others think of you.

the only reason I started this thread is because you got me thinking.. something I've been thinking about for MANY years yet lastly since my car accident in 1999 which (at THAT time) left me paralyzed on one side of my body.. I'm okay now and do just about EVERYthing I did before(some things even better bigsmile lol).. but that's simply because I didn't allow the medical professionals to dictate how I was going to spend the rest of MY life...

when something of this magnitude disrupts our lives.. some will take a step back and analyze many parts of ourselves and ask important questions of how we FEEL about the prognosis! I'm one of those, and decided I didn't want to accept the future they were offering me.. so I made a decision, not to prove them wrong per se but, to dictate my OWN future!

during the recovery process though I migrated through many emotions.. however one realization stuck out like a sore thumb.. THIS is what old age will FEEL like..noway which really sucked.. perhaps because at THAT age I wasn't ready for it? hadn't prepared OR lived life enough yet?? that may well be.. but all I know is.. IF my mind will be AS active in say 20-30 years while my body fails.. I'll be kicking and screaming till the very end LOL

however I do understand your need to act maturely.. my dad was a Sgt. Major in the Canadian Forces (as were his brothers) but in uniform or not.. he refused to 'act' in any way OTHER than himSELF! :wink:
as a Parent, we're thrust into a similar position.. that of mentor and role model.. my dad used to say 'we all have roles to play.. but sometimes you just have to put the rules away, and enjoy life a little!'

mind you.. and please don't take this the wrong way.. I don't look for permissions from anyone to be the person I'm most comfortable with.. :wink:
I completely understand your perspective though! flowerforyou

I quite understand where you are coming from. I had a very bad car accident in 2003 and it took me 4 years before I could walk again. It made me think alot too when my body could no longer take the abuse I put it through when I was younger. I realized that I must be better to myself; get more sleep; eat healthier, exercise more. I realized that I could no longer act like a 30 year old as when I fell; I wasn't going to bounce and would take longer to get up and longer to heal. I don't like getting older but really it isn't about what I want. Incidentially; I do enjoy life but I enjoy life as a 54 year old not a 30 year old; if you know what I am getting at. Its just I get tired of having to explain to my younger friends why people in my age group are behaving the way they do as some go to extremes to be in self-denial of their age. However; its all about perspective and society certainly can't dictate to us how we live our lives. We do need to consider how our behaviour can affect others but this can really apply to any age.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/08/14 09:37 AM
Edited by navygirl on Sat 11/08/14 09:37 AM

there are 50 year olds who are still stuck at the developmental stage of most 20 year olds and therefore compatible with that peer group,, and there are 20 year olds who are developed beyond their years similar to that of most 40 yr olds who would likewise be compatible

Yep; I have met lots of those 50 years that are stuck at the 20 year old mentality and it doesn't work for me but those are the type that say age is just a number. I haven't met any 20 or 30 year olds that are as mature as 40 or 50 year old; they must be rare as diamonds.

navygirl's photo
Sat 11/08/14 09:25 AM
Zero effected; you can act whatever age you want. My point is where do draw the line between thing young and just plain not acting your age? For instance at 56; are you going to stay up all night and party? Are you going to dress like a 19 year old? I am 54 years old myself. I work out; work with youth groups, I dress up in Halloween costumes; even go to sci fi conventions. In other words; I have fun, stay active but I can still do all this with some dignity and poise. It is different for everyone though and feel free to act whatever way you want. I am in a position where people look up to me especially in my military uniform and as a peace officer. I am expected to hold a higher standard of maturity and I can't afford to come accross as anything but professional. So; in closing behave in whatever way makes you comfortable and don't worry what others think of you.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 11:21 AM

Just took a sneaky peek at you profile and WOW. Incredibly sexy and looks like there would never be a dull moment with you around. And you say men don't want a serious relationship with you?????? The men over there must be blind and stupid. I almost feel like emigrating and it would take a lot to get me out of Scotland. Just go out there and grab the first passing man you fancy, I doubt they'd mind that resistance is futile. love

You are kind but men aren't attracted to me. I was just listening to the radio while at work and they had a talk show about how here in Calgary; the older men want younger women. I live in a city full of oilmen and they like the eye candy on thier arms. Fact is I figured that out years ago and its only now that it has come to the attention of the media? I have too many things against me which in effect makes me undatable and unattractive but I am not feeling sorry for myself. I like to think of the upside that being single; it does free me up to work with my community. I don't claim to change the world but I would like to think I can some small changesin my neighborhood. I am up to my eyeballs with shiftwork, court cases, home renos, working a youth program, helping our Veterans, and our homeless. I usually put in 18 hour days so not a lot of time to socialize.

Kindness doesn't come in to. If it doesn't sound insulting to use the term, you definitely qualify as eye candy with the added bonuses of having substance and being areal woman.
If my mate turned up with some gorgeous 30 year old bimbo on his arm and you were on mine I know who I reckon got the better part of the deal. (just to be clear, not him)

You might need to work on your work/life balance mind you. a fella could be forgiven for forgetting he actually had a partner. But then if you are happy doing what you do it's hard to contemplate a change. It's that wee trick of trying to look onto the future and knowing where you'd rather be and if you aren't, is/was it worth it.

Well, thank you but I discovered years ago I wasn't considered attractive. I tried numberous dating sites, joined dozens of clubs; even hung around military groups but I think after a while you realize it wasn't meant to be. I look at that it could be worse. I could be in a relationship and be very unhappy or worse yet abused. I have dear friends and family that truly care about me so I consider myself very blessed to have them in my life.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 11:02 AM
Edited by navygirl on Fri 11/07/14 11:38 AM

Is it true that men are few to a point that women are now feeling comfortable to date married man.

Actually; science has shown there are more women in the world than men.

". Like most sexual species, the sex ratio in humans is approximately 1:1. The sex ratio at birth is commonly thought to be 107 boys to 100 girls,although this value is subject

I already saw that and the red colour shows the amount of females and there is a lot of red on the world wide map; especially here in to debate in the scientific community. The sex ratio for the entire world population is 101 males to 100 females"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio

there is more red color than blue in the world's map ; it means there are more countries with higher ratio of women , but it doesn't mean there are more women than men .... notice that blue countries (with higher men ratio ) are considered among the highest in population density e.g.(India , China , Arab and Islamic world ... )
that explains the final result of men being equal or even slightly more than women in total , on earth .

Yeah that makes sense. I guess I just think of it where I live and my age group. Its more likely that the women here would date married men. Afterall; we live in a country where if you do this; yu won't be punished or killed for committing adultery. You also have to take into account the age difference. An adult is the age of 18. Where I live; we have more men than women but the average age is 18 to mid 30s. So unless a woman in her 50s or 60s wants to date an extremly young man; that doesn't give many options. Also; I found it interesting that the female population was intentionally kept down by devleoping countries due to poor medical health.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 11:00 AM

Noodling is a fishing method for catching large catfish by hand. It's popular in midwestern US states, however, illegal in many as a mortally dangerous sport. There are probably many internet videos of examples of it. Jeremy Wade devoted an episode of 'River Monsters' to noodling, I believe in Oklahoma, a state that, in my opinion, is so boring, one is willing to do anything for kicks.:smirk:

Oh! If you have not had fresh catfish properly cleaned and prepared, regardless of the harvest method, you are missing a unique and delicious freshwater delicacy! Cheers!

Noodling has two meanings; one is a fishing method and the other is to improvise on a musical instrument.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 10:55 AM

What if she wants me to put out on the first date ?

Make sure you have her medical records first. You wouldn't want to catch something nasty.

that is not enough , he has to wait for at least 6 months , making sure that she isn't going to have any sexual relationship during this time ... HIV for example has a window period of 3-6 months , in which all tests will be negative (HIV FREE) .

Yep so true. I know a guy that waited 6 months before he had sex with his now girlfriend as they both wanted to make sure they were clean. Another thought about having sex on the date that there is a possibility that she will cry rape. Working in law enforcement; you hear that a lot.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 09:03 AM
Edited by navygirl on Fri 11/07/14 09:06 AM

Is it true that men are few to a point that women are now feeling comfortable to date married man.

Actually; science has shown there are more women in the world than men. I am not saying for sure but wonder if that has any bearing of why this is happening...

Doubtful.

Yes, generally speaking, there ARE more females than males worldwide due to factors like (generally speaking) males are more danger-seeking and thus put themselves in harm's way more often, more males serve in front-line military action than females, and male life expectancy in shorter than that of a female.

On the flip side, divorced/widowed men are more apt to remarry than divorced/widowed women.

The *fact* that because there are fewer men than women in the world is what makes women more willing to date married men

reads more like a justification for bad behavior than a statistically proven cause-and-effect of a new-found reality.

drinks

Not saying I agree with any reason to date married men; just throwing it out there for thought but I have to agree it is just a justification for bad behaviour. I do know lots of married men and they are very charming and although I thoroughly enjoy being around them way more than single guys; I still couldn't find it in my heart to date them.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 08:57 AM
Edited by navygirl on Fri 11/07/14 08:59 AM

Unfortunately, NASA itself has confirmed the rumor is untrue.

More unfortunately, the website huzlers.com (~whoa~ sound THAT out: "huzlers",) which first *leaked* the news, says this of itself:

"Huzlers.com is a combination of real shocking news and satirical entertainment to keep its visitors in a state of disbelief."

http://earthsky.org/earth/nasa-quells-rumor-days-of-darkness-in-december-of-course-not

drinks

Actually; they had the same rumour of the solar storm around Christmas time some years ago so this is nothing really new. The solar storm in Quebec that caused the province wide blackout did really happen but this happened back in 1989. It only lasted 12 hours so nothing as extreme as these other stories.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 08:51 AM
Edited by navygirl on Fri 11/07/14 08:55 AM

Actually; science has shown there are more women in the world than men.

". Like most sexual species, the sex ratio in humans is approximately 1:1. The sex ratio at birth is commonly thought to be 107 boys to 100 girls,although this value is subject

I already saw that and the red colour shows the amount of females and there is a lot of red on the world wide map; especially here in to debate in the scientific community. The sex ratio for the entire world population is 101 males to 100 females"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio
North America. Where I used to live; there were 5 women to every 1 guy. The sex ratio tends to reduce as age increases, and among the elderly there is usually an excess of females as males tend to die earlier. Although; I still think its more the second reason that I stated that married men are treating these women better than the guys they are dating.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 08:46 AM

Oh wow I didn't think about alll that tears

We had a solar storm that hit Quebec and knocked out the power of the entire province for 12 hours. I think the biggest worry would be about keeping our homes heated.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 08:42 AM

What if she wants me to put out on the first date ?

Make sure you have her medical records first. You wouldn't want to catch something nasty.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 08:40 AM

Actually; science has shown there are more women in the world than men. I am not saying for sure but wonder if that has any bearing of why this is happening. Also I have read some articles that these married men are treating thier mistresses quite well. I suspect that has a hugh bearing in thier decision to date a married man.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 08:29 AM

I read on Facebook that on December 21st thru the 24th that the Earth will be in total Darkness due to a solar storm that would completly cover up the Sun! Suposely Nasa has made this statement

Wow what if its the start of the Zombie Apocolispe

Who would you want on your team to fight those smelly walkers

Also does any one realize if a Zombie has false teeth and he loses them can he still chew up human fleash

Humor me I get scared from watching Znation and Walking Dead:banana:

I think the darkness is the minor side of it. What will people do if they can't go on the computer, watch tv or use their cell phones? OMG, we might have to go back to the old fashioned way and actually talk to each other in person. Oh, the horror!!!!laugh

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 08:19 AM

Just took a sneaky peek at you profile and WOW. Incredibly sexy and looks like there would never be a dull moment with you around. And you say men don't want a serious relationship with you?????? The men over there must be blind and stupid. I almost feel like emigrating and it would take a lot to get me out of Scotland. Just go out there and grab the first passing man you fancy, I doubt they'd mind that resistance is futile. love

You are kind but men aren't attracted to me. I was just listening to the radio while at work and they had a talk show about how here in Calgary; the older men want younger women. I live in a city full of oilmen and they like the eye candy on thier arms. Fact is I figured that out years ago and its only now that it has come to the attention of the media? I have too many things against me which in effect makes me undatable and unattractive but I am not feeling sorry for myself. I like to think of the upside that being single; it does free me up to work with my community. I don't claim to change the world but I would like to think I can some small changesin my neighborhood. I am up to my eyeballs with shiftwork, court cases, home renos, working a youth program, helping our Veterans, and our homeless. I usually put in 18 hour days so not a lot of time to socialize.

navygirl's photo
Fri 11/07/14 08:08 AM

Hell yeah there are still real men

A lot of them are right here brave enough to post in these forumsdrinker

Yes that is true. Where I live; I have met lots of real men but sadly they are all spoken for. There is one in particular that I wish I could clone.