Community > Posts By > anoasis

anoasis's photo
Sat 03/29/08 06:51 AM

:angry: maybe its because christians keep tell people what to do and what to think. Take there views on abortions and gays. You have a right to believe what you want but do tell its all writen in the bible, the bible was what some wrote down long after the "real" events happened and has lots of mis quotes in it. flowerforyou

and should people care?
i mean let's say, i'm not a muslim, so i don't even care what they say about what is good and what is bad.

I can only say that for me and most of the people I know who do care so much it is only when the beliefs of others are attempted to be FORCED upon me that I become involved.

My friend, I know you keep abreast of current events so you must be aware that many christian groups in this country are constantly trying to make this country a Theocracy with christianity as the "official" religion?

The reason i care is not just because of what has happened in the past (although the past is always a lesson in just how far humans are capable of going) but I care because christian groups have tried to amend my constitution and reduce my rights as an american citizen.

People can believe what they choose. I think that many parts of the christian religion are beautiful. I know many wonderful people who practice christianity. But I do not share their beliefs and I will not give up MY rights just because they don't like something...

I will wear what I choose, be with whomever I choose, make my own decisions about when I will have a child or not, make my own decisions about what medical treatments I will have or not (but I want all the possible choices), i will pray where and when I like but I do not have the right to compel others to join me in a workplace or public environment... so many more...

I have nothing against any religion unless it tries to limit me. I will not be bound by the beliefs of others.

Peace and joy to you always.
flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Fri 03/28/08 07:39 PM
BTW- the whole backwards word thing is fun...

I think that maybe it is EVIL to not LIVE. Wasting ones life being the worst thing we can do...

Peace and joy.
flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Fri 03/28/08 07:32 PM
Well at least it seems like he won't be easily influenced by others... seems like maybe he gets that from his mom?!?

laugh laugh

Everyone beat me to the no sugar, no caffeine, no artificial anything. I have seen it completely change a friends child.

Good luck. flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Fri 03/28/08 07:24 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Silly. Middle aged balding man? Why not a 6 foot tall buxom blonde in a tutu, feather boa and 4" heels?

I mean, let God have a little fun... actually, looking at the above description I may have seen god at South Beach last weekend...

flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Fri 03/28/08 07:12 PM
Many christians don't (for some reason) seem to make the distinction that all the people in the old testament were either jewish or "idolitors".

But the "god" worshipped is the same one in both books. The old testament god is the "father" from the "father, son, holy ghost" trilogy of the new testament.

So jewish or christian- does it matter? It was the same god who killed the children for the fathers "wrong" doing.
noway

anoasis's photo
Fri 03/28/08 07:07 PM
(((((Wench))))))

I pray your children will share your zest for life... no gift could be greater.

flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Fri 03/28/08 07:02 PM
Both.

It was God's will that we make our own decisions.

So we were created with Free Will... although our will seems limited in time and space, etc. We do not necessarily have infinite choices.

Peace.
flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Fri 03/28/08 06:59 PM
What is God?

I can think of a million different answers and maybe they are all true. But I think for me this makes the most sense:

God is like love: hard to describe, different for everyone, but (if you let yourself) then you will know it when you feel it...

Peace
flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Tue 03/25/08 07:18 PM
I think you should always wear what you think it appropriate. And I don't think that dress creates lust... these points have already been well made so I will leave those at what has already been posted.

But I have to say, even though these are my opinions I also believe that church's have a right to request attendees conform to what they believe to be appropriate dress and behavior.

I have muslim friends who cover their hair. I do not cover my hair. However, out of respect for their traditions, when I visited a mosque I covered my head. It is their place of worship. I have to respect their request when I am their guest. If I don't wish to do so I don't have to go there.

It's my choice to go to their place of worship. It's also my choice to do so in a manner that is consistent with what they believe is respectful. I have been places where I was asked to take my shoes off, cover my hair, cover my arms and legs, etc. I cannot wear skirts as short to work as I have been known to do to a club.

Sometimes "rules" of dress are silly. I actually think any rule that doesn't have to do with not harming others is superfluous. And no, you don't have to follow their rules. But if you are a guest who is trying to be open to their beliefs are you showing that by refusing to dress in the manner they request?

Peace. flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Thu 03/20/08 06:17 PM
flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Wed 03/19/08 07:51 PM

To garden where I live without a huge deer-proof fence, and rabbit and groundhog-proof fence is a total waste of time. The lack of having a protected area to garden in has really been the thing that keeps me from getting back into it.

We found that putting human hair around the garden really helped keep the deer and bunnies away. My grandma would get a bag at the barber shop every now and then and freshen them up.

I am an omnivore.

anoasis's photo
Wed 03/19/08 07:47 PM

But I still prefer to get my chickens and other meat already butchered for me.

So you like to hire hit men huh? huh

The Godmother of the carnivores. laugh

laugh laugh laugh I do!! I do hire hit men... Winn Dixie, Publix, hit men...

anoasis's photo
Wed 03/19/08 07:46 PM

I have a very good friend who is considering becoming a vegetarian. We are both looking into the possibility, although I have had a problem with it in the past because I ended up eating to much sweets and pastry. Not healthy. I was dieing for a hamburger, craving it in fact.

She eats chicken and turkey, as long as it does not look like it was freshly killed. One day her daughter brought home a chicken that had been baked whole. It was on a platter, looking very much like a dead animal. She looked at it and said "I'm sorry!"

Then she said she felt like she should take it out to the back yard and give it a proper burial.

When we did get ready to eat it, I had to cut it up, because she could not stand to do it herself. She is so funny.

Anyway, we are considering becoming vegetarians because of the contaminated meat that is everywhere. Finding food to replace the meat we eat is the hard part.

JB

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Bury it?!?! Too funny.... Again it's funny how we are all irrationally squemish about different things... I could not care less what happens to my body when I die. Medical students can play with it, you can cut it up for spare parts, whatever- I'm not using it anymore!! But I know many/most people do care...

BTW- I was a vegetarian for a few years. I did miss hamburgers and chicken and eventually decided to go back to eating meat. I agree with you too in that the last time I spent a week in a vegetarian household I gained 4 pounds because I always felt hungry and just kept on eating more and more cheese and peanut butter...

There is a lot happening in this thread and I am happy to see a place where people can get along if they so choose.

Hmm... ok I'll try to play with some things about me.

Seems like we have lots of painters. I went to art school for a year at 19 and found I wasn't happy painting and sculpting "on command"- on someone else's schedule. I still paint but only when I feel like it.

I became a veterinary technician (full time) and waitress (nights and weekends). I went to school part time for years with and eventually studied environmental sciences. I still work in environmental regulation- I try to explain to people what they should do and get people and industrys to do the right thing- then if they don't it's enforcement time. It's funny but great how people's attitudes about the environment have changed- for the better. It makes it a lot easier for me!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach. I live only one block away and can see the ocean from my living room and bedroom which makes me very happy. I always wanted to live so close and I walk down to the beach several times a week. I know lots of people here who haven't been to the beach in years. I don't understand that and hope it never happens to me. Hmmm.... those reading are probably feeling sleepy by now (I know I am) so that's probably more than enough info.

Peace and joy to all. flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Wed 03/19/08 06:52 PM

Jeannie, I'm not worried about them so much as I miss them like crazy.ohwell sad ohwell sad
I also left behind my dogs, Deuce and Skydd, my ducks, Petey and Polly, and my cows and thier babies.sad sad sad sad

They are in good hands and sometimes we have to do wht is best for us no matter how hard it may be.

I was thinking that's quite a farm you had there, peaked on your profile and yes, you're a farm girl - did you grow up on a farm?

I used to spend a lot of vacations on farms in Wales (United Kingdom). Enjoyed seeing the little lambs and calfs in spring time. I also liked going out with the hunters - I like sporting shotguns, worked at a sporting shotgun manufacturer for a number of years. My tastes are quite eclectic.

:heart:

My grandparents had a tree farm in Michigan until just a few years ago. They always kept a few acres in corn and some wheat for the horses plus all kinds of berries, vegetables, etc. It was great. My cousins and I all loved the horses. Unfortunately, as my grandparents aged they couldn't keep the animals but my grandpa still rode around the farm on a golf cart checking on the crops and watching for deer up until he died two years ago.

I myself have never enjoyed killing but my uncles and grandpa loved to hunt. The deer must be hunted or starve from overpopulation so I understand the purpose of the hunt (plus they ate the meat). For me I just don't enjoy watching things die. I do like to shoot. Just not to kill.

flowerforyou

I agree anoasis I too could not kill to eat meat......I am not a vegetarian but I would be if I had to kill the meat I put on the family table. I had a friend once who came back from deer hunting and gave me some meat....It was in my freezer more then a year before I tossed it....I have coffee with the deer everyday...I just could not bring myself to ever eat it.

No I could never eat the deer or the bunnies either. My uncle tried to trick us once by putting ground venison in chilli and I had a spoonful and spit it out "yuck" (I was c. 10 y.o).

Of course it's just our personal sensibilities. I could eat the chickens just fine! bigsmile
Not very rational behavior. But I still prefer to get my chickens and other meat already butchered for me.

anoasis's photo
Tue 03/18/08 06:30 PM

Jeannie, I'm not worried about them so much as I miss them like crazy.ohwell sad ohwell sad
I also left behind my dogs, Deuce and Skydd, my ducks, Petey and Polly, and my cows and thier babies.sad sad sad sad

They are in good hands and sometimes we have to do wht is best for us no matter how hard it may be.

I was thinking that's quite a farm you had there, peaked on your profile and yes, you're a farm girl - did you grow up on a farm?

I used to spend a lot of vacations on farms in Wales (United Kingdom). Enjoyed seeing the little lambs and calfs in spring time. I also liked going out with the hunters - I like sporting shotguns, worked at a sporting shotgun manufacturer for a number of years. My tastes are quite eclectic.

:heart:

My grandparents had a tree farm in Michigan until just a few years ago. They always kept a few acres in corn and some wheat for the horses plus all kinds of berries, vegetables, etc. It was great. My cousins and I all loved the horses. Unfortunately, as my grandparents aged they couldn't keep the animals but my grandpa still rode around the farm on a golf cart checking on the crops and watching for deer up until he died two years ago.

I myself have never enjoyed killing but my uncles and grandpa loved to hunt. The deer must be hunted or starve from overpopulation so I understand the purpose of the hunt (plus they ate the meat). For me I just don't enjoy watching things die. I do like to shoot. Just not to kill.

flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Tue 03/18/08 06:16 PM

I’m the ghost of shattered dreams
a phantom of the past
the spirit dwells within me
and in its love I bask

The outside world is broken
with uncompassionate disdain
so in the arms of deities
is where I shall remain

Everything I do and say
is unfulfilled of fervor
I forfeit my participation
to become a mere observer

I bide my time in silly rhyme
as I hunger for expression
but no one truly understands
they always get the wrong impression

Clearly they can never see
the footsteps of my path
all the love I’ve ever known
they imagine it as wrath

They have no clue of what I say
or what is in my soul
Their vision has been muddled
by conclusions they extol

The excommunication
of that which I refer
is not a chosen path of mine
nor one that I prefer

It's forced upon my being
by those who fail to see
beyond their silly biases
of redefining me

flowerforyou

Abra (3/12/08)

Although this poem came from my soul it was also inspired by Jess, Artgurl, Anoasis, Invisible, Jax, DamnitsCloudy, CreativeSoul, Reverend Rabbit, ChubbyCherubPoet, S1owhand, Kid@Heart, Voileazur, Kat, Miguel, Redykeulous, and many others who aren’t Ridiculous but who have momentarily escaped my instantaneous thoughts.

Just as a side note, all the poem really means is that it would be impossible for me to convey who I am via a post. The only way to know me is to share life’s experience with me in the real world, not in the symbolic printed world of cyberspace. I am temporarily in shut-down mode, for good reason. To jump to conclusions about what that reason might be is about the worst thing a person can do. Just accept that the answer to this question can only be experienced, and cannot be understood via printed words and jumping to conclusions. Jumping to unwarranted conclusions is the epitome of uncompassionate disdain.

(((((Abra))))))

You're soul seems full of poetry. You write as many poems here in a single season as I have written in my entire life... not to mention the songs...

Thank you for bringing them to us. flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Tue 03/18/08 05:20 PM
If forgiveness and loving ones neighbor are central, primary parts of christianity, why/how then are so many wars fought in the name of Christ?

I can understand that just because your religion tells you to do something that does not mean you can always keep to that goal; none of us is perfect.

However, I am not talking about accidental imperfection by a few, I am talking about deliberately killing large numbers of people because you cannot forgive them... or you cannot love them.

I cannot envision the explanation but thought I would mention it just in case others had some ideas...

Peace. flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Sun 03/16/08 07:33 AM

The Pope announced 7 new sins which include ...

1. "Bioethical" violations such as birth control
2. "Morally dubious'' experiments such as stem cell research
3. Drug abuse
4. Polluting the environment
5. Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor
6. Excessive wealth
7. Creating poverty

Secondly,
I may be mislead or mistaken...
but doesn't #1, 4, 5 and 7 contradict one another?
Doesn't over popullation of a planet that can not support the ever expanding populous, consist of: Creating, poverty, Polluting the environment, and hence directly contributing to the divide between Rich and Poor

One would think so... but apparently there IS some way to just keep breeding and breeding and yet it will not lead to destruction of natural resources or a lack of basic necessities.

Perhaps the exact methodology for achieving this will be the popes next message...

noway

Should that occur I will be delighted to embrace it as a true miracle. flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Sun 03/16/08 07:26 AM

Just repeat "I love my life" 7 times and frolic in the ocean and all is washed clean :wink:

Oh what an excellent penance.... I think I will go wash away my worries in this manner- I don't believe in "sins" but I do worry too much sometimes!!!

TY for the good idea!
flowerforyou flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Sat 03/15/08 06:08 PM
Edited by anoasis on Sat 03/15/08 06:08 PM
Yes I think it is especially nice if you can manage to start each day being thankful for the beautiful planet we have. Whatever book or prayer or meditation helps you to do that- I think that the method is less important than the result.

For me, sunrise and sunset are nice times to appreciate everything- everything is so pretty then.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25