Community > Posts By > anoasis

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 05:45 PM

I don't imagine I could ever let someone else tell me what I can and cannot believe. It's just beyond my comprehension. It's like being married.laugh

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Hey, wait a minute... I'm getting married!?!?

But he would never tell me what to believe...
flowerforyou

well, you are lucky then.

That's why I'm getting married!! bigsmile

Seriously though... most people start out in harmony... I pray we can keep it that way. :smile:

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 05:40 PM

again the Pope or the Vatican can say that it's OK believing on flying pigs, but if I'm not a catholic i should not give a dime.
I still don't get it. why people feel so threaten for an individual or a group of individuals that these same people hold as lunatics?

Most people here were just goofing around M.

I actually think it is a sign of growth- as you yourself have stated in the past the Catholic Church has a history of extreme rigidity. Many "heretics" believed that the earth revolved around the sun, that there could be life on other planets.. etc. were tortured, killed or at the very least excomunicated for these beliefs in the past.

Also, just because I don't agree with all your beliefs doesn't mean I don't have some respect for the scholarship and libraries, etc. that the church possesses.

Lastly, as I have stated in the past, non-christians must pay a certain amount of attention to christians because christians are in the majority. The opinions and beliefs of christians can have practical repercussions for non-christians because of laws and customs proposed or implemented by them.

but mostly it's just news. I don't live in Japan either but that doesn't mean i don't pay attention to news related to that country. Because I'm interested and because it may well impact my life directly at some point...

Peace and joy to you my friend. flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 05:32 PM

I don't imagine I could ever let someone else tell me what I can and cannot believe. It's just beyond my comprehension. It's like being married.laugh

Hey, wait a minute... I'm getting married!?!?

But he would never tell me what to believe...
flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 05:26 PM

I am always seeking peace. I wish I could find some here...

Peace is within.

Peace is knowing that nobody is right.

We are all barking up the wrong tree like idiots. laugh laugh

So have fun, drink wine and play well.

It is all a game, after all. drinker

I know, I know.... thanks for the reminder! I'm just easily riled up today... HORMONES.

laugh

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 05:19 PM

flowerforyou Can aliens get saved and be Christians?flowerforyou

no
flowerforyou How come?flowerforyou

because they are angels

sssshhhhhhhhhzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i thought everyone knew that

grumble grumble grumble grumble

((((DJ))))

SHHHHH......Stop telling secrets...

laugh laugh laugh laugh

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 05:08 PM

calm yourself girlfriend...he has no faith...if he did he wouldn't need to expound

wouldn't need to dominate or prove his points....just like those he says would never enter the religious threads if they were certain of their ideas...

he is the mirror ....of what the evils of these insideous belief systems have done to humanity...

we can just be compassionate and keep our humour

indeed:heart: flowerforyou

((((B8tant))))!!! So nice to see you... we haven't had enough wide open humor IMO....

bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 05:04 PM

You know, I'm a christian, son of a minister, and I wasn't the least offended by the question. Of course, as a christian, I'm supposed to be very difficult to offend. Seems some haven't learned this discipline yet.

The bible tells all Christians that they will be mocked and persecuted for their belief. And we are not to continence such mockery. Arguing with those who do not share our beliefs destroy the fabric of our faith. A faith based of forgiveness and compassion. Somewhere, around 400 A.D. we forgot that, and became a religion of convert or burn. If you can't get back to forgiveness and compassion for the least of all humans, you'll be burning right next to the athiest and wondering "why was my service not enough?"

Good for you... disbelief and questioning and humor are different from attacks and disparagement IMHO. People tease me for praying all the time... I don't stop praying just because someone else thinks it's funny or a waste of time.

I do wonder why it seems so many christians seem to feel so threatened- it is widely acknowledged to be the most practiced religion in the world! So why so defensive?

It's a mystery to me.

Peace and joy. flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 04:50 PM

flowerforyou For example, Could one of the aliens race known as the Draco or Greys accept Jesus as his savior and become a Christian?flowerforyou Assuming that there are aliens flowerforyou

mirror, as ridiculous as this thread is, I have to hand it to you.bigsmile

you ask some innocent questions, but they aren't very well thought through.

" He came unto his own and his own received him not"

"if you knew me, you would have known my Father that sent me"

somehow, Mirror, there are some qualifcations in there to consider.

as you already know, Christianity is mocked right and left by those that are not Christians.

But making things appear even more ridiculous are also mockery, Mirror.

Are you being respectful in your questions or just sharing some light humor?

I ask, because some of the responses are anything but light and are offensive to a Christian, in so far as it is a tolerance we must bear. Nevertheless, Mirror, that is not what I take an offense to.

I find it in poor taste that your question has encouraged such drivel to mock and taunt things not grasping their attentions.

I have a sene of hunmor, but this is not the place for such things Mirror.

In other words, your insensitivity is only eclipsed by your curiosity, but either way, you are promoting strife and contention.

It is in poor taste, Mirror.

You think on that, won't you?

flowerforyou okay sorryflowerforyou

Wait wait wait... now posters are attacked for starting non-aggressive, non-abusive and not obviously offensive or attacking posts!!!

Anyone can ask any question that they would like. Others can answer or not as they choose...

There was no attack in the OP and you acknowledge that but attack the OP anyway?!?!

Do you now think that you ARE god?

Or just the boss of this forum?

grumble grumble grumble

Anoasis.

You can do better than that.

I respect your views.

learn some sensitivity of Christians' as well

Anything that rewadrs smugly reducing Christian beliefs into a bizarre characature of thoughtless and irresponsible ludicrousy exhibits the double standard of the elitist mentality that assumes Christians are always on the attack.

Your own post suggest that your opinion and any opinion other than one consistent with yours is not above ridicule of beliefs that escape your own narrow world view, but it also displays your contemptible approval of lighthearted ridicule of Christian thought and discourse.

The implication by your remarks displays the rampant contempt for Christianity shared by you and your friends that have the self righteous arrogance to belttle callously any belief not congruent with your own views and subject to further disdain and insult with your offensive and divisive complaints for sharing views intolerably not congruent with your own.

Your insensitive and opinionated epithet upon my person is an example of the abusive bad manners that are overlooked by you, at the very least.

It takes the attention and awareness raised of callous indifference and ridicule to ferret out the quiet contempt and subtleties of abusive discourse emblematiccally displayed in your remarks and accusatory pontification of licentious and elitist views and opinions to raise the NECESSARY awareness of the very insensitive and thoughtless cruelties that seize Christianity as the assumingly indefensible image to reflect your own shortcomings.

It is precisely the body of Christian thought that speaks to erase such attitudes and behavior from the conscious content and character of man and pursue the nobler cause of mutual respect and dignity that you would enjoy and assume only applies to your own world view.

The intolerance of your contempt is the very heart of Christian morality, but that eludes your own misappropriation of the very concept, at the very least.

This is a perfect example of the hypocrisy and ill will that is running rampant in these threads by haters.

Get over yourself. Mean wwhat you say and say what you mean.

It is what it is.

learn, grow and be at peace.

I have never attacked another poster. I did not insult you. I asked if you think you are god? To me you seem to like to tell other people what to do and point out all their wrongs and flaws to them as if you were the ultimate authority- scolding a poster as if they were a child- to me that is acting like god. So I did say what I meant and mean what I said. I did not and will not curse or disparage you in a person or intentionally cruel or hurtful way.

I did find your response needlessly, intentionally and relentlessly dense and verbose. I also found it very much out of proportion and keeping with my comments in this post or any other.

I am always seeking peace. I wish I could find some here...

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 04:38 PM
Edited by anoasis on Wed 05/14/08 04:39 PM

"The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, said that the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones."

So I assume these christians don't believe that jesus died to save these other life forms so will they still go to "hell"?!?! Or will they have their own hell...

noway

We had a discussion about that on our "Christian aliens" forum.
Some Christians were insulted.

But now we have the Pope to back us up. LOL

Oh yes, I believe wouldee told me to "get over myself" and stop being so insensitive in that thread...

I'm so bored with the whole "christians are being attacked" and "christians are attacking others" ... no one follows the rules anyway as evidenced by the long running "coffeehouse chat for christians" thread. How much more exclusionary can one be than to flat out state that only "your own kind" are welcome? It's a mystery to me...

Now that so many of the people I thought were so interesting don't come by much (wench, redy, jess, kid, dj, m. trader, voil, poet and many other voices) I don't bother to stop by too much either...

but i still keep hoping for an interesting exchange of opinions that doesn't involve defensiveness or personal attacks... we used to have them sometimes...

Maybe the aliens will save us all?!?!

:wink:

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 04:21 PM
Edited by anoasis on Wed 05/14/08 04:21 PM
"The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, said that the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones."

So I assume these christians don't believe that jesus died to save these other life forms so will they still go to "hell"?!?! Or will they have their own hell...

noway

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 04:06 PM

I have to say very very personally that it would be vert selfish of me saying that just and only just christian will be saved.
I can't comprehend an idea of God who is going to punish with eternal hell let's say african people who have never had contact with the Lord. They are not at guilt.
And those who know the Lord but deny Him. Well the Lord Himself asks forgiveness for them in the cross because they don't know what they are doing.

This is my very personal point of view I'm not talking for any other christian or christian denomination whatsoever.

Walker...God NEVER sends anyone to hell!!
NEVER!!
We send ourselves there by rejecting Jesus !

BUT.....God will give man every opportunity to HEAR about the Lord Jesus , and to Recieve Jesus as thier Lord !!

And those that have not heard?
God will NOT hold them accountable(like babies for instance)....

But I believe God will still even reach those somehow, who have not had opportunity to hear about Jesus thier Saviour.
God STILL will reach them somehow...even in the last hour ...even thru sending ministering angels if neccessary......but God WILL SOMEHOW, see to it that every man HEARS!!

And then the decision is left up to every man to recieve or not recieve Jesus into their heart as their Saviour!!

Walker....again.... God is NOT going to send millions to hell..cause again God doesn't send ANY to Hell.... man sends himself there..by rejecting Jesus the Saviour sent for all mankind !!

BUT... gonna share something else here....I have known atheists, who have accepted Jesus on their death beds!!!

And what I am saying here is..... a lot of people PROTEST against ACCEPTING JESUS NOW, as their Saviour and Lord...but one day they WILL Recieve Him..they just don't know that yet..and God is very patient.
Right now they are rejecting Jesus cause they just don't quite undestand yet.... But again..God is Patient.

But for SOME out there ...God is dealing with You RIGHT NOW..and NOW is the Time for Salvation for You..Do NOT Reject HIM anymore..cause this is youor opportunity to ACCEPT Jesus ...NOW....not tomorrow.

TODAY is the Day of Salvation!!

And You know WHO you are .

BUT......for those whom God reaches out to..even at the last minute?
Even on their deathbed?
And they still WON'T recieve Jesus, even Then... in their last dyingg breath???

Then THOSE are the ones God is talking about going to hell.

Cause if someone rejects Jesus.....EVEN in thier last breath ....then Jesus CAN'T go against his WORD and suddenlly change his WORD..just to save that one who is rejecting Him now...even on his deathbed!!
Comprende?

BUT .. I bet there are VERY FEW who will reject Christ, right before they die.

But why WAIT that Long?

Point is.......although some people may protest against Jesus NOW..but one day they will recieve..casue the Word WILL become CLEAR to them ...about Jesus as Lord....but they are just not understanding right now..that's all.
But GOD AIN'T done with them!!

I truly believe ....that most people before they leave this world, will have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

Cause God Will give them chance after chance to Hear..and One day, it just sinks in.
Amen?

Point is... MOST people will eventually accept Jesus.
They just don't know it yet.

I wondered if you were aware the although many sources do state that christianity is currently the most popular religion world wide, most estimates count the number of people who call themselves christians world wide at about 2 billion. This is only less than a third of the worlds population.

E.g. According to the 2005 survey of Encyclopædia Britannica, Christianity is practiced by 33.06% of world population, Islam- 20.28%, Hinduism- 13.33%, Chinese folk religion- 6.27% or Buddhism-5.87%. Irreligious and atheists were ~14.27% and 3.97% follow indigenous tribal religions.

So in your opinion they are all going to hell?

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 03:53 PM

Believe or Burn in Hell are not your options. Your options are Believe or Don't Believe. Period. The Burn in Hell part only comes in if you believe and then turn your back on him.

That is interesting. I have not heard this "back-stabbers only" version of hell... I like it only slightly better than the "all non-believers go to hell" version...

I just plain don't believe in hell, or that god is a bully. But I am interested- what happens to the non-believers in your opinion?

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 03:43 PM

If I have to preach, I'd preach love and salvation not fear and condemnation.
...preaching through the life of the person. In consequence, others will see and know that the Lord lives in the evangelizer.

Yes, IMHO that is the best way to influence people... try to do the right thing, the kind thing, whenever possible and live your life the best way you can and your words will have more weight with most people. To speak wisely is nice but to lead by example is much more powerful.

flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/14/08 03:39 PM

I'll bet you the earth will still be here next year. If I am right you give me $100 if you are right I will do your laundry in heaven for the first 1 million years.

Want to put your money where your mouth is?

r u talking to me?
what's up rabbit?

Hey TLW

No Im talking to the OP. I know he is to fearful to really stand up for what he believes here. I on the other hand, am 100% sure that we will all be here in a year. (even 2,)

Silly Rabbit how can you do his laundry in Heaven? As an un-believer you won't "get into" heaven in most fundies opinions.

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/12/08 07:15 PM

well folks, I'm not usually the one to just bellow out with this and there will be many who prolly have a lot to say about what I'm about to say.....but so be it. My fellow humans....we have reached a mark in history in which none of us wanted to come...or at least...some of us...blew it off as if to say it wasn't coming. The day of judgement is coming near. Everything predicted is coming to pass and none or at least most on earth are not ready.The Economy,wars,earthquakes,floods,cyclones,volcanoes,tornadoes.......read revelations people. My friends....I wish you all the best from here on out. If you all are believers as well, then you know what I have been typing here and you know I am right. He says we shall know the season but not the exact time....well, my friends.......it is here and I wish all of you the best of luck and keep looking up....he says the signs will be in the heavens and when you hear my voice you shall know that he has arrived. Best of luck all........

Well it's nice of you to wish us all luck.

But I always wonder, when was the time when there were NOT "economy, wars, earthquakes, floods, cyclones, volcanoes, and tornadoes"?

These things are with us always. As are death, despair and illness. And sunshine, peacemakers, rainbows, cool breezes, clear skies, light, love, happiness, birth, and joy.

We focus on what we want to focus on....

Peace and joy. flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/12/08 07:08 PM

Last night I had a dream and in that dream I saw a quantum matrix of energy in which our reality existed.

This energy held precise information which had repeating patterns.

Within these repeating patterns life existed and grew in a three (or more) dimensional space of an unknown shape.

The thing that stood out most was that these were repeating patterns, exact and precise in their movements, and the life forms within this matrix moved about withing these patterns, and yet the patterns remained the same.

I don't know what it meant, if it meant anything at all. It was like the Matrix, only it was a multi-dimensional set of patterns. Like a computer program that was turned on.

I got the feeling that in the twinkle of an eye, someone could turn it off and unplug it and everything would just disappear.

JB

Oh Jeannie, you're so un-boring! :smile:

I wish I could remember more of my dreams... mostly they are gone within minutes of waking. Once I kept a notebook by my bed to try to write them down in the morning. But I usually ended up snuggling back in for "10 more minutes" instead. Unless it was a really bad nightmare in which case I didn't always want to remember...

To me your dream of the morphing energy going through repeating cycles makes me think of reincarnation. Being reborn again and again... "precise information with repeating patterns" many think that we are reborn with the same people (family, loved ones) many times...

And yet there may also be a creator who could "turn it all off again"- or maybe that is just entropy. The dying out of the universe.

And your dream also makes me think of aspects of life on this planet... that perhaps there are worlds within worlds... perhaps there is another universe a second away from this one and another and another- layers within layers with subtle affects one upon the other.

Either way or in any of the interpretations it is a very interesting dream. Of course only you will know what it means for you....

Peace and sweet dreams...

flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Sat 05/10/08 07:08 PM
I found the phrasing a bit confusing but I thought you meant, What is the benefit of philosophy?

And I was thinking about it and I think it doesn't matter if philosphy has practical benefits of not. Humans are curious. We want to know who, what, where, when, how and why.

We can't help developing philosophys and religions to explain how and why things are the way that they are....

We can't help wanting to know why we're here. Where we came from and where we will go when we die.

But the answers we devise are just guesses.

flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Fri 05/09/08 06:52 PM
Nice story Dragoness.

flowerforyou flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Wed 05/07/08 07:18 PM

The sun shines on all the earth. On whom does its ray not extend? Every man of every nation feels it. If one dares to behold the beauty of it for too long, it will burn the light from his eyes forever.

But, there the sun stands, immovable. What could make such an amazing wonder? For though it is many millions of miles away, it heats deserts and kills men! What could make such an amazing wonder!

The sun puts mans attempts at creation to shame. Oh man, are you even wiser than the magnificent One who created the sun? If you are, then replicate it. Make one yourself oh man; if you are so powerful. Go ahead, if you know better than God. Not even! If you know just, as much as God; do it!

Oh man, from where does your pride come? God made hundreds times hundreds of thousands of these suns, and you cannot fathom just one. Be humble you man, and take awe in the God who created the sun!

I also think creation is vastly beautiful and awe inspiring and the creator must be multitudes more so...

And I wonder then how man can think that he can guess *anything* about the nature of god.

How presumptious to think that we could truly comprehend the nature of the creator?

Peace. flowerforyou

How presumptious to think that we could truly comprehend the nature of the creator?

Yeah really,... we should at least try to figure ourselves out first. drinker

People claim to know God and they don't even know who they are themselves. It's the epitome of absurdity.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I'm just getting to know myself... god will always be a mystery...

flowerforyou

I hope you are taking good care of yourself. :heart:

anoasis's photo
Tue 05/06/08 07:51 PM

flowerforyou For example, Could one of the aliens race known as the Draco or Greys accept Jesus as his savior and become a Christian?flowerforyou Assuming that there are aliens flowerforyou

mirror, as ridiculous as this thread is, I have to hand it to you.bigsmile

you ask some innocent questions, but they aren't very well thought through.

" He came unto his own and his own received him not"

"if you knew me, you would have known my Father that sent me"

somehow, Mirror, there are some qualifcations in there to consider.

as you already know, Christianity is mocked right and left by those that are not Christians.

But making things appear even more ridiculous are also mockery, Mirror.

Are you being respectful in your questions or just sharing some light humor?

I ask, because some of the responses are anything but light and are offensive to a Christian, in so far as it is a tolerance we must bear. Nevertheless, Mirror, that is not what I take an offense to.

I find it in poor taste that your question has encouraged such drivel to mock and taunt things not grasping their attentions.

I have a sene of hunmor, but this is not the place for such things Mirror.

In other words, your insensitivity is only eclipsed by your curiosity, but either way, you are promoting strife and contention.

It is in poor taste, Mirror.

You think on that, won't you?

flowerforyou okay sorryflowerforyou

Wait wait wait... now posters are attacked for starting non-aggressive, non-abusive and not obviously offensive or attacking posts!!!

Anyone can ask any question that they would like. Others can answer or not as they choose...

There was no attack in the OP and you acknowledge that but attack the OP anyway?!?!

Do you now think that you ARE god?

Or just the boss of this forum?

grumble grumble grumble

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25