Community > Posts By > anoasis

anoasis's photo
Tue 05/27/08 03:53 PM
Hello everyone!

I cannot be the human of the day!!! I'm the OP!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Everyone will think that the whole thread is rigged and I am in fact Artsy, Cute, Kat, Redy, Amber, Belushi, Creative, Jeannie and DDN!!!!!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

I have such great personalities. :wink:

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:39 PM

Peace. What a concept. And yet growing up I can remember my dad being my hero. Seeing him come home in his uniform. Watching him bring out those Time-Life books and see how his eyes would light up when he showed me those pictures of gore. Hearing talk about the Korean War through his actual experiences and how it was different for him during the time he spent in the Viet Nam war. How he went into the Army when he was 17 after his mother signed for him so he could enlist. Then thinking back how growing up was like being in basic training. Picking up and leaving for a new place to live every time he was transferred to a different base. And learning how to do the same when I lived with my mom since my step dad later was regular Army, too. Watching mom when my dad and step dad would get together while they shared their stories of war. Seeing how my step dad looked in his uniform. And how they met in Playcoo, Vietnam. Listening to mom talk about how it was to be an Army wife and the inspections she endured because it seemed like we lived on bases for a long time. Later remembering how much fun my grandmother and me had cutting up his uniforms to make quilts. Today, I called my older sister who has the same dad and mom as me to remember what it was like growing up from pillar to post like a yoyo between the two. She is my hero for she like me remember what it was like growing up in basic training. After the call I made to her she told me that she loved me and I told her the same. It was very peaceful.flowerforyou

I think this brings up an excellent point Rainbow. I think it's important to work for peace without disrespecting the soldiers that have served because they believe in protecting their ideals...

I have protested the war from the start and I think many current protesters understand that and make sure to mention the hope that those who are currently serving will come home safely, in fact at most of the protests and vigils I have been to many of those attending are either veterens or friends and family of those currently serving (myself included).

And I'm happy that the war can be protested without disrespecting the soldiers. But now how to respect and honor their service without glamorizing being a soldier or war?!?

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:31 PM

Hey what happened to the coffeehouse for atheists?!? Was the whole thread removed?!?!?

noway

apparently when you don't believe in something it disapears...

*twightlight zone theme*

Is that why people always tell you to "believe in yourself"?!?! If we don't we will disappear?!?

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:14 PM
Nite Redy. Sleep well- hope your studies are going well.

flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:13 PM
Hey what happened to the coffeehouse for atheists?!? Was the whole thread removed?!?!?

noway

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:11 PM
Thanks Redy. You have inspired me to renew my efforts for peace. Sometimes I get discouraged- seems like no one wants to hear about the conflicts in the world.

Even the war in Iraq doesn't dominate the news in the way that I feel it should. I never understood those who didn't want the coffins coming off the planes to be shown. That is always the end result of war. Vibrant young people's lives are ended.

I don't think that can be overemphasized.

flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:59 PM
:heart: flowerforyou :heart:

Strength and hope Alex. Love lives on long after our bodies fail...

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:55 PM

Good morning everyone (ok it is 1:00 pm here now but morning is figurative at times and I have the day off)....

I just got back from the beach. Its beautiful but a bit cool for us- only about 78 and overcast with high winds.

I have my cafe con leche and I'm trying to decide what would be fun to do for the rest of the day...

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day.

Good morning mirror, chaotic, karma, who, jeannie, ddn, dragoness, amber... and everyone else who comes in today!

flowerforyou drinker flowerforyou

:cry:

Mirror, why are you crying?!?!?! You will make me cry too....

frown

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:54 PM

OH NO YOU AREN'T Cute. I refuse to enter a known warzone except to bring a message. So I would not post this on the Atheist Coffeehouse Thread - BUT. I liked your last post. You said a great deal in a few words.

I dubb thee, HUMAN of the day.

Hey maybe we should have a new Human every day and everyone who comes here should strive to be HUMAN.

What do ya think?

thanx for the honor Di.From you it is a heady compliment.I vote aye for the human of the day!!
thanx again.flowerforyou

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

:heart: It's agreed!!!! Cute is the Human of the Day!!!!!!!!! :heart:

drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 11:35 AM
Hey rapunzel, redy, cute and cute's cat (whoever told you that cats and dogs weren't human?!?!- silly goose!!)

flowerforyou

what is the indian perspective on the word human di?

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 10:09 AM
Good morning everyone (ok it is 1:00 pm here now but morning is figurative at times and I have the day off)....

I just got back from the beach. Its beautiful but a bit cool for us- only about 78 and overcast with high winds.

I have my cafe con leche and I'm trying to decide what would be fun to do for the rest of the day...

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day.

Good morning mirror, chaotic, karma, who, jeannie, ddn, dragoness, amber... and everyone else who comes in today!

flowerforyou drinker flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 02:52 AM

I realize I'm still being exclusionary but that was the best I could come up with....

It's been pretty much raining all weekend so we went to the movies tonight.

I think I need a dictionary for these forums. Can you all please use two syllable words for dumb folks like myself? I feel like George Bush Jr sometimes.

You are fine. Just go with the flow. (oh no am I pushing my taoist beliefs on others?!?)

flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 02:50 AM
Edited by anoasis on Mon 05/26/08 02:56 AM

:heart: :heart: :heart: I love you because you are human.:heart: :heart: :heart:

What a beautiful post.... My love to all who come here with good intentions...

I have insomnia right now (as I am prone to do) so I will take the opportunity to welcome all my old friends and new...

Thanks for coming. it's nice to see we don't actually *have* to argue... er I mean "discuss passionately" all the time... I like debate but sometimes you just want to relax...

so I hope everyone can come here to relax.

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 02:47 AM

Ahhhhhh, a place where there is not yet any hatred. I sincerely hope it stays that way. Good job anoasis!flowerforyou Nite everyone!drinker

keep your fingers crossed... knock wood... may god grant that we continue so... and other invocations to ensure a smooth continuation....

:wink:

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 02:46 AM

an Oasis filled with coffee...for humans....

sounds like homedrinker drinker

that is why I choose my name... to remind me to try to be kind and create a place from myself that welcomes and soothes when there is need....

but then of course I still get cranky or annoyed just like any other human!!!! it's an intention... not a guarentee....

laugh laugh laugh

welcome! drinker

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 02:43 AM

Hey - I'll post here. I even have a story. There's an old guy comes into my work. We donate bread, bagels and cakes to various organization. This 'ol guy collects for the veterans association. He's a WWI vet, yea old. I have to put take his stuff out and get it in the car for him. He brings us all lollipops and ALWAYS remebers to ask me about school. We compared our tatoos last summer.

Anyway, he was part of a group that got to go to Washington about a week ago. He told me about it, how few WWI vets there were and how proud he was to be there, and when he told be his eyes filled with tears and we hugged.

That 'ol guy still serves his country, oddly he brings food to a few needy veterans, while our countries past and present politicians have annual pensions fare exceeding a life time of social security benefits.

enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Thanks for this thread, we are all human, after all.

(((((Redy))))))

Yes there are definitely few WWII vets left... my own grandfather served there but died 2 years ago. He was married to my grandmother for 60 years... she misses him and I think will go to be with him (wherever he is right now) soon....

I *think* we're all human?!?!

bigsmile flowerforyou bigsmile

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 02:38 AM

Ah....I like the sound of this place. I am human and I enjoy being. But I don't like coffee, so maybe it's not the right place for me. frown

so sorry... "coffeehouse" is a figure of speech whose primary intent is to let those who would like to sit with a beverage or some sort and chat or rest or meditate or contemplate or read, etc. (including many similar or harmonious purposes) have a general idea that they will be welcome...

like other coffee houses we have a variety of teas, juices, sodas, waters, milks, and other liquids compatible with human physiology. Also various snacks, pastries, salads, sandwiches, goodies and yummys are available....

if that doesn't work please just whisper a request to any of the many servers and they will do their best to accommodate your needs....

drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker bigsmile drinker drinker drinker drinker

anoasis's photo
Mon 05/26/08 02:29 AM

The rumor that I am an alien is a gross exaggeration. I am a light being having a human experience. I hope that counts.

drinker

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad I KNEW IT> I knew I would exclude others.... but in the interest of not starting yet ANOTHER coffeehouse thread.... (for light beings- in which case some of my pagen friends would feel excluded as they consider themselves "dark")... could you just hang our here and I will state that aliens willing and able to communicate in a method understood by humans and not harmful to them will also be included in the definition of "human"?

Will that be acceptable? Also, we can be extremely shallow and judge you by your exterior which is definitly human-ish from all current evidence (again on the outside at least- what you do with your internal organs is nobodys business but your IMHO)....

and I will except self-categorization. E.g. If you say your human, you are human for our purposes.

laugh laugh laugh flowerforyou laugh laugh laugh

anoasis's photo
Sun 05/25/08 08:42 PM

A coffeehouse? For Human Beings?

Ahhhhhh, now this feels like a comfy place ... as close to a label-free zone as I've been able to find ...

Thank you anoasis ... I think I'll pull up the cushy chair in the corner and settle in with an iced tea and an interesting book ... flowerforyou

Of course! It's very nice on the terrace tonight.... the mango iced tea is very a local favorite.

When is Canada's memorial day? Do they have one?

We remember our fallen and honour those who have served on Remembrance Day ... Novemeber 11

We did just have a long weekend this past weekend... Victoria Day ... a remnant of the commonwealth and the birth of Queen Victoria.

That mango iced tea sounds perfect. Thank you!

Ahhh yes.... we still honor Nov. 11 as Veterens Day. Memorial Day (tomorrow) is for those who died.

And what a good idea- why lose a holiday just because you are no longer under that system of government...

Enjoy your tea and book. flowerforyou

anoasis's photo
Sun 05/25/08 08:17 PM

A coffeehouse? For Human Beings?

Ahhhhhh, now this feels like a comfy place ... as close to a label-free zone as I've been able to find ...

Thank you anoasis ... I think I'll pull up the cushy chair in the corner and settle in with an iced tea and an interesting book ... flowerforyou

Of course! It's very nice on the terrace tonight.... the mango iced tea is very a local favorite.

When is Canada's memorial day? Do they have one?

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25