Community > Posts By > Peccy

Peccy's photo
Fri 01/18/13 08:36 AM
doesn't apply to automatics because they weren't invented until after the fact, then why does the first amendment apply to the mainstream media?

Peccy's photo
Sun 01/13/13 07:43 PM
Police found the body of the 26-year-old in his apartment in New York City borough of Brooklyn on Friday, said a spokeswoman for the city’s chief medical examiner.

Brooklyn’s chief medical examiner ruled the death a suicide by hanging, but no further detail is available about the mysterious death.

Last year, Swartz openly criticized the US and the Israeli regime for launching joint cyber attacks against Iran.

The blogger was also vocal in criticizing Obama’s so-called kill list and other policies.

Obama has been reportedly approving the names put on the “kill lists” used in the targeted killing operations carried out by US assassination drones.

Every week or so, more than 100 members of the US national security team gather via secure video teleconference run by the Pentagon and go over the biographies of suspects in Yemen, Somalia, and Pakistan, and “nominate” those who should be targeted in the attacks.

Obama is then provided with the identities of those put on the “kill list” and signs off on every strike in Yemen and Somalia as well as the risky strikes in Pakistan.

Swartz was also widely credited for co-authoring the specifications for the Web feed format RSS 1.0 (Rich Site Summary) which he worked on at age 14.

RSS is designed to deliver content from sites that change constantly, such as news pages, to users.

Swartz was critical of monopoly of information by corporate cartels and believed that information should be shared and available for the benefit of society.

“Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves,” he wrote in an online “manifesto” in 2008.

Based on that belief, the computer prodigy founded the nonprofit group DemandProgress.

The group launched a successful campaign to block a 2011 bill that the US House of Representatives called the Stop Online Piracy Act.

Had it been approved, the bill would have allowed court orders to restrain access to some websites considered to be involved in illegal sharing of intellectual property.

DemandProgress argued that the thwarted Stop Online Piracy Act would have broadly authorized the US government to censor and restrict legitimate Web communication.

Peccy's photo
Sat 01/05/13 05:58 PM
I love this passage

Man is not unique because he does science, and he is unique not because he does art, but because science and art equally are expressions of his marvelous plasticity of mind.

We are nature's unique experiment to make the rational intelligence prove itself sounder than the reflex. Knowledge is our destiny. Self-knowledge, at last bringing together the experience of the arts and the explanations of science, waits ahead of us.

Knowledge is not a loose-leaf notebook of facts. Above all, it is a responsibility for the integrity of what we are, primarily of what we are as ethical creatures. The personal commitment of a man to his skill, the intellectual commitment and the emotional equipment working together as one, has made the Ascent of Man.

Jacob Bronowski, The Ascent of Man

Peccy's photo
Sat 01/05/13 09:49 AM
The core message of the Obama 2012 campaign? Don't trust the rich. They're screwing you. (That's paraphrased of course)

His post-election pick for Secretary of State? John Kerry who has a net worth of $240 million.

Guess my definition of rich and his don't coincide.

Peccy's photo
Sat 01/05/13 09:46 AM
Edited by Peccy on Sat 01/05/13 09:50 AM
error

Peccy's photo
Mon 12/17/12 06:39 AM
Wow! Being a sacrificial lamb for the Benghazi fiasco, now she falls resulting in a concussion..........she has the worst luck! (thickly coated with sarcasm here!)

Peccy's photo
Mon 12/17/12 04:51 AM
Excellent video!

Peccy's photo
Sat 12/15/12 07:31 AM

As to your earlier question " am I just another stupid american?" I'll answer this... That if you still cling to your gun believeing It to be your right while you watch the continuous killings of your fellow americans and you believe you are not part of the bigger problem with america??? Then I think you've answered your own question! Your reasoning to fight fire with fire has always been your problem. Look at your children and what you are teaching them! Already many people are suggesting having armed guards in schools!?! For the love of god wake up!
LOL.....just because you have a strong opinion, does not make it right. You have no idea what it's like across the pond.

Peccy's photo
Sat 12/15/12 06:49 AM
Yesterday the Michigan legislature just passed a bill that allows people to carry concealed weapons in churches and schools.

The legislature seems to understand something most statisticians don't understand... gun laws don't stop murderers, but a well-placed bullet will.

Peccy's photo
Fri 12/14/12 02:14 PM

Well I shed my tears for the children.
Very true..........and it's almost xmastears

Peccy's photo
Fri 12/14/12 12:45 PM

As sad as the reality is, and it is heart breaking tears , I wouldn't put it passed an element of some left wing faction influence to help push gun control laws.

Whole wars have been staged and fought thru "false flag" operations, and using children as the victims makes it a shoe-in for legislation..... just wait and see!
And if owning guns becomes criminal; only criminals will have guns.

Peccy's photo
Fri 12/14/12 12:41 PM
Edited by Peccy on Fri 12/14/12 12:42 PM

With reference to " stiffer gun laws aren't the answer and that f you wanted to buy a gun then you would get one" I'd like to say that that is the type of attitude m talking about. Why not even just make it a little bit harder for people to buy guns? If it will save these numerous tradgedies from occuring then surely its worth it?
LOL ... Oh, so I'm one of those "stupid Americans" huh? Only because you're assuming that he bought and registered the gun at a dealer. I forgot, everyone who is going to commit a crime always registers the gun they are going to do it with. noway Anyway, this story is about beautiful children who have had their lives taken away from them, not gun control. At least the media hasn't made it that yet.

Peccy's photo
Fri 12/14/12 11:55 AM

Those poor children. When will america stop making it so easy to buy guns? I believe the government make so much money out it that they do not care about the numerous shootings. And even if obama or any future president did make a stand they would be met by rebellion by the majority of stupid americans

I feel terrible about it too, but stiffer gun control is not the answer. If you want a gun, you can always get a gun, besides if you were going to kill someone with it, would you register it legally?

Peccy's photo
Fri 12/14/12 10:57 AM
Spoken like a true Texan!

Peccy's photo
Fri 12/14/12 10:38 AM
I doubt it has anything to do with the Norwegian guy, that was a statement against Muslims I think ... but you never know I suppose. Either way it's a despicable and unforgivable act. sad2

Peccy's photo
Thu 12/13/12 12:03 PM
Rain maybe?

Peccy's photo
Sun 12/09/12 04:41 PM
Edited by Peccy on Sun 12/09/12 04:44 PM
In 1993, General Dynamics sold its aircraft manufacturing business to the Lockheed Corporation,[3] which in turn became part of Lockheed Martin after a 1995 merger with Martin Marietta. via winkpedia.com. I'd say he was accurate seeing as how General Dynamics no longer exists. Well airplane manufacturing anyway.

Peccy's photo
Thu 12/06/12 06:22 PM
Oh no, you're not biased! Kinda like that website poll attracts only unbiased views. whoa

Now as for the writer who posed the question, Acharya S., I like her views on religion and have subscribed to her newsletters for years, but this is way off the mark of her expertise. And the way I interpreted this "survey", it wasn't serious anyway.

Directly from the page "I created this poll because I'm really curious about the numbers, especially among people who are within my purview. Please answer it, leave a comment and pass it around!" The keyword is within her "purview." Which is her train of thought.

But if it helps you feel better to think of it as a valid and unbiased poll, so be it.

Peccy's photo
Thu 12/06/12 05:30 PM
Like that hat willing2! (Not being sarcastic, I'm from New Mexico)

Peccy's photo
Thu 12/06/12 10:55 AM
Edited by Peccy on Thu 12/06/12 10:56 AM
It seems the whole spirit of the x-mas season has been lost anyway. All that seems to matter anymore is gifts.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25