Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:55 PM

Sadly, there are many people that work and are still eligible for state aid.

That's sad about the jobs in Michigan.

I think it's the government's responsibility to help those that CAN'T help themselves, not those who won't or those who refuse to take some semblance of responsiblity for their lives. Children, the elderly, physically challenged, the working poor, etc. I have no problem with helping them, HELPING, to taking over their lives.

If you are capable of working, you should be. I think the state should help with education, job training etc for those who are capable so that they CAN escape the cycle.

I agree with you.. but most of the job training would take years not months depending up pound one education backround and all that is.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:54 PM

THEN GO WHERE THE JOBS ARE.THATS WHAT AMERICANS DID DURING THE DEPRESSION.TODAY PEOPLE RELOCATE ALL THE TIME.ITS NOT LIKE THEY HAVE ALOT INVESTED WHERE THEY ARE AT

lol.. I like you to walk up to any family and tell them just what you said to all of us and see what kind of looks and responds you will get.

This family doesn't even have a car.. so how are they supposed to relocate ? Plus the father is the only one working.. only earning $8.00 an hour.. no telling how many hours he is working either.

Bottom line is.. they can barely make ends meet just like many other familys can. But there just getting by.

But as I've said before.. there could be other bigger issues here we all do not know about.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:51 PM
Yes it's a sad part not only about Michigan. But many other states too.

So it's not just michigan falling a part.. it's many others states falling apart. By job lost and many more.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:48 PM

I'm going to South Carolina tomorrow evening to attend my daughter's Graduation at Fort Jackson from Basic Combat Training.

I'm so proud of her! God has blessed me beyond measure!

That's awesome.. best of luck to you and your daughter. flowers flowers

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:46 PM

What is "safe mode"?

Safe mode is used to remove programs that your unable to deleted. In other words it makes it easier to deleted programs that won't go away that you wish to deleted.. as well as virus and such.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:30 PM

Theres no way is there?

Probably not, unless your a spy lol.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:28 PM
Edited by Johncenawlife316 on Mon 01/19/09 01:35 PM

how do you put your computer in safe mode.

Restart your computer.. when your computer turns back on as soon as you see the first screen... tap tap tap that F8 key and you should come to another screen that has safe mode on it.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:26 PM

WHY DONT THE STATE PAY FOR THE MEDICAL BILLS, A NEW CAR. OVEN.MEDICAL CARE.AND A 10,0000 DOLLAR WEDDING??????SHARE THE WEALTH YES WE CAN

Then let tax payers.. in turn have to deal with all of this.. I don't know about that.

But the state could do a lot better, after all it's falling a part.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:03 PM

Perhaps, if they can't afford a car, oven or the medical bills for the child, they shouldn't have had it. Why should the state have to pay for their irresponsibility? Just saying flowerforyou

These type of things happen all of the time. Even to teenagers too who are not married or dating very long etc. People make dumb moves but one thing leads to another and it happens.

No the state shouldn't have to pay for the two being irresponsibilitys, however the state shouldn't force them into getting married even though they have planned on getting married etc, besides the state should help them with there bills if they can't affored it.

That's what the goverment is here for, not so much the state though and besides there could be so much more to this story then me and you or any body else knows about.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:00 PM

I think it's wrong for the state to bring the choice of getting married into the picture.

Yeah I also think it's wrong for the state to do that. But they probably just do not want any more dead beat dad's around then they already have.. whatever the case maybe they shouldn't force something like married on a couple who can't even affored an oven or a car etc.

Oh, I definitely see the message that they are sending. I do think they crossed the line, though.

Yeah.. I totally agree with you on that.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 12:55 PM

I think it's wrong for the state to bring the choice of getting married into the picture.

Yeah I also think it's wrong for the state to do that. But they probably just do not want any more dead beat dad's around then they already have.. whatever the case maybe they shouldn't force something like married on a couple who can't even affored an oven or a car etc.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 12:53 PM
Sometimes I can be way too nice, but at times I can't help it. I guess I could be taken advantage of if I'm not too carefull that is.

But I try not be any nicer ( if that is even word ) , then I have to be or need to be.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 12:47 PM

the state had a good idea, but it needs better implementation, if they are living together as married then it should be waived particularly if the mother could have qualified for Medicaid with or without the marriage license

True, I agree with you.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 12:42 PM

maybe he should say he wanted an abortion

then that would open a whole new legal issue

Maybe.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 12:31 PM
FLINT, Mich. — The state of Michigan is giving a father a choice: pay the medical cost of his daughter's birth or marry the girl's mother.

Gary Johnson was billed $3,800 for the birth of his daughter JaeLyn, The Flint Journal reported in Sunday online editions. Johnson is not married to the child's mother, Rebecca Witt.

The Michigan Legislature amended the state's paternity act five years ago to waive birthing costs for a father, if he married the child's mother. A year later, Witt gave birth to JaeLyn. The state paid for the hospital costs because Witt was on Medicaid at the time and is now trying to recover the money.

Jack Battles, the Genesee County Friend of the Court, said the law is an incentive to maintain the sanctity of marriage.

"It's totally up to them," said Battles, whose office enforces paternity rulings, child support and other aspects of family law. Until Johnson can produce a marriage license, "they have to pay."

Johnson and Witt said they want to marry eventually, but Witt said she wants her marriage date to be her choice.

"I don't think anybody should tell me when to get married," said Witt. "I would like to have a nice wedding, and I can wait for it."

Witt and Johnson said they have been struggling since the state started coming after Johnson for the hospital costs. Johnson said he was told he would be billed $500 a month and planned to meet with a caseworker to work out a solution.

"Losing just $10 hurts us," said Johnson, who makes $8 an hour at a Grand Blanc-area nursery. "We don't have a car, we don't even have an oven."

Johnson said he understood the state wants to promote marriage for parents but he respects Witt's position. "It's a woman's dream to have the best wedding she can have," he said.

Credit:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090119/Marry.or.Pay/

I feel bad for this family. Much more the guy who is being told he either pays one bill or pays to get married. Yet alone he can't affored either.

I don't know if he is able to work more then one job or not, but if I was in his shoes and I could.. I would try my best to get a second job to help out.. dunno.

However I don't feel a state should butt in and make this man pay to get married or his medial bills he can't even affored.

Instead they should be helping this guy out.. is all I'm getting at.

This is pretty sad news and I thought I would post it.

Worse of all.. his family doesn't even have an oven or a car.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 11:55 AM
Edited by Johncenawlife316 on Mon 01/19/09 11:56 AM
It doesn't seem like you can do that. Oh well.. it's not too bad.

It needs more songs by the singer you are searching for though.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 11:52 AM

Can you also download and burn songs from that site or what ?.

Not that I'm aware of. However. If you find that it is possible, please let me know. drinker drinker

Alright.. well do.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 11:42 AM
Can you also download and burn songs from that site or what ?.

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 11:38 AM
Edited by Johncenawlife316 on Mon 01/19/09 11:40 AM

Well i thought i would give you all that is having problems with slow computers, that might be due to viruses or spyware, or just a really crappy computer. But here are the programs i use regular to clean up my computer and they work.

Cleanup!
http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=72

CCleaner
http://www.ccleaner.com/

spybot Search and destory
http://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?cat=2

Ncleaner
http://www.nkprods.com/ncleaner/

CCleaner and ncleaner has a registry cleanup built in and some times bad registry can slow your computer down. Hope this helps it helped me!!!!

Yeah.. I use CCleaner and one other one too, I like the other one as well which is called wise disk cleaner 3.. it's free to use but if you want to upgrade you can. I like using both of them. Then I know my pc stay's clean.

Here is a link to it.. http://www.download.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=wise+disk+cleaner&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows&filter=platform%3DWindows

Johncenawlife316's photo
Mon 01/19/09 11:36 AM

Ahh i see.

hmm
i could spend up to 1500$ US if i really wanted,

Well if you have $1500 to spend.. Get an Alineware.. http://www.alienware.com/products/desktop-computers.aspx

Since Alineware computers are made for gaming and what not.