Community > Posts By > Brykers23

Brykers23's photo
Sun 06/08/08 05:53 PM
Hope this keeps up, yes we can!

Brykers23's photo
Thu 05/29/08 12:02 PM
Nope I haven't seen any state level polling where they have started to do that yet. The GOP just lost a House seat in Mississippi, and a Senate election there could be close, seems like it might be one of the few southern states where Obama runs a bit stronger (Louisiana being the other one.), where as Alabama doesn't nearly have the black poulation that Mississippi does.

Brykers23's photo
Thu 05/29/08 11:20 AM
Two new Rasmussen Reports state polls

Alabama
McCain 60
Obama 33 (nothing suprising here)

Mississippi
McCain 50
Obama 44 (err, Bush carried this state by a 60-40 margin in 2004 this one is suprising.

Brykers23's photo
Thu 05/22/08 07:15 AM
I have had this song in my head for about a week. I have heard it on the radio twice in the last week. It sounded like a Linkin Park song but I couldn't find it, so I went back onto the radio station's website and found what they were playing at that particular time, I found it indeed it was by Linkin Park Numb. Yea! (Claps hands excitedly)

Brykers23's photo
Wed 05/21/08 09:34 AM
McCain will def not be the savior. He will continue the Bush war in Iraq, and keep the Bush tax cuts. He is a 3rd term for Bush in those regards. Hillary would do nothing to change the way things get done in Washington. I have no problem with a woman being President, just not this particular woman. I am trying to understand why so many people are just blinded to the dirty tactics she has used in this race, and want her to keep going. She's lost folks! The only way she get's the nomination is by cheating and or stealing to get it. Folsk that's how Bush got elected in 2000!

What good does it do her staying in the race? It hurts the party and keeps Obama from training his fire against the real advisary, John McCain.

Brykers23's photo
Wed 05/21/08 09:27 AM
Plus the way they campaigned against Barack in South Carolina. They are the ones who have injected race into this campaign. With Bill comparing him to Jessie Jackson, I thought that was dirty and a tad racist. That was the day I switched my support from Hillary to Obama. I don't belive that he is a terrorist loving closet Muslim like so many on the right like to believe. Bill Clinton used to be the darling of the African American community but with the way he has unwisely attacked Obama to drag him down and divide the party, it shows the do anything to achieve victory mentality and screw everyone else. Man if she does this to a fellow Democrat, what would she do as President to other Dems who disagree with her? Have them drug out in the street and shot?

Finally how is it sexism that keeps her from the nomination, could it be her incompetent campaign and divsive smear tactics that turn off many Americans like myself? It's not the sexism that has kept Hillary from winning but the race baiting of her and Bubba that torched any real chance she had to win.

Brykers23's photo
Wed 05/21/08 09:14 AM
I was a Clinton supporter in the 90's. But man the way Hillary Clinton keeps coming up logic and justifications for continuing the race (well gee if you count Florida Im' ahead), Florida was stripped of their delegates so you weren't. Now she is saying that the reason she is losing is because of sexism. I used to defend the Clinton's from the "vast right wing conspiracy.". No more they are just as power hungry and corrupt as all you Right Wingers and Bible Thumpers said they were. If she some how get's the Dem nomination I will vote for the Libratarian candidate come November. Hillary Clinton's refusual to accept reality galls me. Kind of like a certain President and the cluster**** of a situation we have in the Middle East. Could drive a man to drink. drinker

Brykers23's photo
Fri 05/16/08 06:25 AM
Fun topic today kids favorite tv shows

For Me:

Current: Battlestar Galactica
1990's: Quantum Leap, Wonder Years, Simpsons
1980's action: Airwolf, Knight Rider, A-Team, Magnum PI, Dukes Of Hazzard
1980's comedy: Family Ties, Growing Pains
1980's Drama: Dallas
1980's cartoons: Voltron (Lion), Thunder Cats, Star Blazers (all time fav)
1970's: WKRP in Cinncinati
1960's Star Trek (original)

How about other people's favs?

Brykers23's photo
Mon 05/12/08 11:54 AM
I know that I have a strong opinion, but some of the bashing that went on against me was uncalled for. I was stating an opinion. Personally I am conservative in how I live my life, but politcally I am liberal go Obama!

I guess in my belief system the skin and body are not an appropriate place to use as art but to each their own. Didn't realize there were so many pro-ink people on here. All I can say is that if you have a massive number of piercings I can hear the wind whistle through ya on a brisk and windy day!

Brykers23's photo
Mon 05/12/08 09:50 AM
So JSH'ers what do we think of people, or in my case women with piercings and tatoos? I know alot of people see both as a form of art and self expression. For me as a fairly conservative and traditional guy I see girls with alot of tattos and piercings as kind of unattractive and trashy. Just my opinion, I think having one or two small tattos in discrete places are cool and ear piercings and maybe either a tongue ring or belly button ring is cool, but anything on the outside of the face eye brows,nose, lip, etc freaky and a bit scary. So what do people here think?

Brykers23's photo
Mon 05/05/08 06:34 AM
Particularly Star Blazers. I think I am the only non-virgin under 35 that likes/remembers that show. I loved 80's shows and cartoons. Growing Pains,Mr.Belvedere, Family Ties, Alf, Knight Rider, Airwolf, Magnum PI, the A-Team. Cartoons Star Blazers, Voltron, Thunder Cats, Transformers.

Especially Star Blazers, one of the first anime cartoons to make it in the US. I saw it in syndication in the early 80's and loved it. So when someone now asks me my favorite shows, I list all of these, and I get the question don't you like anything now? Yes, CSI, Cold Case are good, but in general reality tv has ruined a generation of newtwork tv in my opinion. Pop culture now is so trashy. It's like the producers of Jerry Springer are the ones deciding what passes for entertainment these days. American Idol, Survivor, Amazing Race, yuck. These aren't "Real". Just more drama and shallow garbage. Not "drama" like who shot JR, but personal drama, infighting etc. Who else thinks that what passes for pop culture now days is shallow trashy mindless crap?

Brykers23's photo
Wed 04/30/08 07:36 AM
Outstanding song. My favorite by Savage Garden.

Brykers23's photo
Mon 04/28/08 08:37 AM
Obama is better then either either Clinton, or McCain hands down in my humble opinion.

Brykers23's photo
Mon 04/28/08 07:50 AM
Each have an identical favorable/unfavorable rating

51% favorable, 46% unfavorable.

From the Rasmussen Reports Tracking poll

Brykers23's photo
Mon 04/21/08 09:54 AM
I am a 31 year old educated, employed white male. I have held the same job for over 6 years. I make around 25,000 a year and have no kids. Ladies this is the question that I want to ask. When you meet a new man how much does it matter if he makes less money then you? I have encountered this a few times. A girl will be making more then me, and they are into traveling, wine tasting all that yuppie stuff and I because of my more limitied finances am not. Is is just a difference in lifestyles, or are people really that materialisitc?

Brykers23's photo
Wed 04/16/08 08:54 AM
I think the Death Penalty should be reserved for Murder, eye for an eye right? As for rapists send them to prison where they will become someone's ***** and dressed up in hair curlers and a skirt and have their ass used as a park and ride by the entire prison population.

Any male who rapes a woman is bey my definition not a real "man." Real men respect a woman's right to say no whenever she wants even if a man and a woman are in the middle of passion. Exerting power over someone who is physically weaker then you is vile and despicable. No means no. Yes this is a man saying this! No woman ever deserves to be raped ever! Some guys will think, well she had it coming because she was wearing a skimpy dress, or she was all over me, to which I say bull****!

Brykers23's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:18 AM
Single, eligable Virgo here from the Midwest

Brykers23's photo
Wed 03/26/08 08:24 AM
The only real problem with McCain besides supporting expanding Bush's tax cuts are that we will have no change in policy in Iraq and continue the occupation there.

Brykers23's photo
Wed 03/26/08 07:01 AM
I have come to accept this fact in my mind. John McCain is going to be the next President of the US. The Wright controversy has brought Barack Obama down to the level of a typical politician in alot of people's minds. That was his one advantage over McCain or Hillary. This long drawn out primary has cost the Dems there best chance since at least 1992 to take back the White House.

So reading the tea leaves here is what I see: The GOP in the House are defending roughly 15 seats of retiring incumbents, and other open seats, the Dems have had only about 3 or 4 retirments. So even as McCain is sweeping to victory he is likley to bring in a Dem House with an increased majority.

The Senate will be the same. The Dems have a great pick up chance in Virginia, and a good one in New Hampshire, as well as a decent shot at a seat in Colorado. The GOP has at this point only one good target, Mary Landrieu's seat in increasingly Republican Louisiana. So the Dems pick up a seat or two in the senate to reach 53 seats.

Bottom line John McCain who has made his name over the years working with Dems on legislation like McCain/Feingold will have to work with A Dem Congress starting on Jan 20,2009.

Please no comments about how much the two party system sucks and that people will be throwing away their vote for Ralph Nader or some other crack pot. This is the system we have, deal with it.

Brykers23's photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:03 AM
Amen to that. At my local mall I see some respectable looking attractive women with thug ghetto type guys, my thinking here is what are you doing with your life? Why throw it away with a dead end guy?

Previous 1 3