Community > Posts By > Lpdon

Lpdon's photo
Sun 06/23/19 11:24 PM
President Trump did ease off, and frankly he lost my vote for it. He called off a justified military strike AFTER Iran blew up two civilian commercial vessels, shot a missile at one of our aircraft and shot down two of our drones.

Iran is a rogue nation and the largest state sponsor of terrorism. We need to deal with them sooner rather then later and not with stupid sanctions. We saw how well that worked on Germany after World War I...… If we would have taken actions the moment Nazi Germany violated the Treaty of Versailles World War 2 would have been avoided and millions wouldn't have died.

Lpdon's photo
Sun 06/23/19 11:18 PM

U.S. conservative group to launch attack ads against Biden during Democratic debate

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Club for Growth, a conservative political group, will launch new attack ads against Democratic presidential front-runner Joe Biden targeting his past statements about race that will run during his first debate appearance next week.

The decision by Club for Growth to attack Biden is based on internal polling the organization conducted that was viewed exclusively by Reuters. The ad will air on MSNBC and NBC stations in Des Moines, Iowa, according to the organization".

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden/us-conservative-group-to-launch-attack-ads-against-biden-during-democratic-debate-idUSKCN1TN08S

It's amazing how many people vote based on what they hear. Never once has an ad influenced my beliefs as they are grounded in knowledge not feelings.

Everyone is going after Biden on all sides. He's the biggest target in the primaries and frankly hes going to be the nominee. The voters don't decide who the nominee is, the crooked superdelegate system does and Biden has that locked down unless he really screws up.

Lpdon's photo
Sun 06/23/19 11:16 PM
Democrats are now up to 25 candidates. Admiral Sistak just announced he is running. This is a tad bit ridiculous, they need to thin the herd not add to it.

Personally I would like to see Senator Jim Webb enter the race. I would vote for him over President Trump.

Lpdon's photo
Sun 04/07/19 12:50 AM
Also Senator Webb was the Secretary of the Navy for President Ronald Reagan.

Lpdon's photo
Sun 04/07/19 12:44 AM
After graduating from the Naval Academy, Webb was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Marine Corps. Attending the Marine Corps Officer Basic School shortly after leaving Annapolis, he graduated first in his class. He was promoted to first lieutenant in the second half of his tour in Vietnam. He served as a platoon commander with Delta Company, 1st Battalion 5th Marines. He was awarded the Navy Cross for heroism in Vietnam, the second highest decoration in the Navy and Marine Corps.

Webb also was awarded the Silver Star, two Bronze Stars, and two Purple Hearts. After returning from Vietnam, he was assigned to Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia, as an instructor for Officer Candidates School (OCS). He was then assigned to the Secretary of the Navy's office for the remainder of his active duty. His war wounds left him with shrapnel in his knee, kidney, and head. The injury to his knee led to a medical board that decided on medical retirement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Webb

Lpdon's photo
Sun 04/07/19 12:27 AM
Again, I want Jim Webb to run damnit!

Lpdon's photo
Tue 03/26/19 05:12 PM

Are you talking about the mobster boss that got shot and killed on Staten Island 2 weeks ago.?, because if you are that was not a mob hit.

The shooter was told ( by the mob boss) to stay away from the mobsters niece ( who he was dating), he didn't like that and shot nd killed the mobster. The shooter is not in the mob, neither is his family.

The shooters family are actually very good people, well known and respected in the S.I. area, they will not be bothered. But I do agree the shooter will be killed in prison, As I am sure his family knows too.

I don't buy the Government's details. Someone that's not connected could never get near a boss like that.

Lpdon's photo
Wed 03/20/19 12:44 AM
One of my favorite movies of all time along with Pure Country. 8 Seconds always makes made me sad being it's a true story about the life and tragic death of supposedly one of the kindest and most admired World Champions in the history of Professional Rodeo Lane Frost and his good friend Champion Tuff Hedeman.

Now I can barely watch the movie since the actor that played Lane Frost, Luke Perry tragically died recently. Ironically he was the same type of man, very well admired and not a single person has said a bad word about him. It's now a movie I don't think I can ever watch again and that sucks because it is such a beautiful movie. tears

If you haven't seen it, it's well worth watching! Luke Perry completely nailed the part of Lane Frost.

RIP to two great men!

Lpdon's photo
Sun 03/17/19 02:12 AM
Edited by Lpdon on Sun 03/17/19 02:15 AM
Looks like they have got one of the guys involved. Go figure he's an Italian from New Jersey who's DeCalvacante family was aligned with both Gotti brothers.....

I love how police released his information before he was arrested putting this guys life at risk, killing a mobster is a good way to get killed. There are rules Mobsters have to follow. You cant kill a made man without a unanimous vote from the Commission, let alone a boss. If you do, it's a death sentence. This guy wont last a week in prison.

Lpdon's photo
Fri 03/15/19 02:46 AM
Peter Gotti get's released from prison and almost immediately the head of the Gambino Family and the head of the Commission is killed. I guarantee the two were related. When Gotti went to prison his brother Peter took over. Then Goitt's son took over and once he stepped away from the family the Sicilian faction took control of the family and the Commission. Gotti want's the power back.

The hit was very similar to the Castellano hit the Gotti's planned. If it really was Peter Gotti behind this then this will lead to one big war. You cant kill another member, let alone a boss and head of the commission without the support of the Commission.

Lpdon's photo
Wed 03/13/19 02:05 AM

Personally I'd like to see another
Ross Perot run ( he's too old), but someone like him. He wanted to run the country like a business ( make $ instead of lose $). He was an outsider and really stirred up interest in a third party, but unfortunately we will never convince the majority of people to split from being Democrat or Republican.

There is nothing saying Trump will even run in 2020, or have the Republican endorsement. The Republicans really need to pull a rabbit out of their hat and come up with a good candidate, or just make sure the Democratic candidate really sucks.

Four of the 45 Presidents have been shot and killed in office, a few more have been shot or shot at while in office. Not very good odds if you think about it, would you be willing to take the chance? 5 of them had no political experience before being elected, to me this would not be an issue, sick of the sellouts we got in Washington, but money talks so I really don't see a way to change that.

Adams served as VP
Jefferson as governor, sec of state, and VP
Madison as congressman and sec of state
Monroe as senator and governor
Adams as senator and secretary of state
Jackson was senator and governor
Van Buren was governor and VP
Harrison, a senator
Tyler, congressman, a senator and VP
Polk, a congressman and governor
Zach Taylor was a soldier ... ONE

Fillmore, congressman and VP
Pierce, congressman and senator
Buchanan, congressman, senator, secretary of state
Lincoln, a congressman
Johnson, congressman, senator, governor, VP
Grant was an Army general ... TWO

Hayes was congressman and governor
Garfield, congressman
Arthur, VP
Cleveland, Mayor
Harrison, Senator
McKinley, congressman and governor
Roosevelt, governor and VP
Taft, justice of supreme court, sec of war ... is this THREE?
woodrow wilson, governor
Harding was a senator
Coolidge, governor and VP
Hoover, sec of commerce ... is this FOUR?
Roosevelt, governor
Truman, senator and vP
Eisenhower, army chief of staff ... is this FIVE?
Kennedy, congressman and senator
Johnson, congressman, senator, VP
Nixon, congressman, senator, VP
Ford, congressman and VP
Carter, governor
Reagan, governor
GHW Bush, congressman, ambassador, VP
Clinton, governor
GW Bush, governor
OBama, state senator and US senator

As far as historically, all presidents have worked within the three branches of the government infrastructure, which I think is an important experience to gain before holding the TOP government office, OR they have served in the military, which as Commander in Chief, is the only experience in lieu of the government that I feel is worthy of POTUS.

I think the US is meant to be run as a 'not for profit', not to profit, but to pursue constitutional objectives and maintain the country. I think, like in any top job of any industry, it is not desirable that someone START gaining experience in the top position, ahead of others who have already started.

I think 4 out of 45 is 8 percent, which leaves 92 percent chance of not getting killed, is not bad odds.

All presidents have been 65 or under when elected, EXCEPT Harrison, Reagan, and Trump, Harrison died of illness in office. Reagan was later announced to have Alzheimers, though not revealed until his 80s, I believe he was beginning to suffer from in office. And Trump seems to have plenty of the signs of senility, regression to childlike thinking and acting. I do hope we get a more 'vibrant' and healthy candidate in office(mentally, physically and emotionally).

I don't care so much about the 'either/or' politics for candidates. Even though we have two main parties, we have a large SPECTRUM of individual political ideas and beliefs.

The candidates, though registered under a political label, are individuals first. And I care about what experience and education and ideas the Individual has. I care whether there is past indicator of their 'concerns' for fellow Americans. I care about their experience with and knowledge of global affairs and with the obstacles and concerns of 'average' AND struggling citizens, not just the elite. Knowledge of/experience with the constitution and military are certainly also a plus.

I really hope we get another OBama or Kennedy(minus the assassination). I wonder what can be accomplished during a time when we are NOT already in economic downfall. I also hope we get someone who can lead with unifying language and behavior.

Grant was commander of the entire US Army and war effort during the Civil War. I would count that as experience. He didn't even want to be President, but he was drafted and then he saw the nation coming apart in the aftermath of the Civil War, and it was. He knew enough about politics and leading that he jumped in and became one of the greatest Presidents in history.

The South was rearming, and Grant saw another war coming. That's why Federal Troops were deployed in a law enforcement capacity in Southern States to put down any chance of rebellion. Johnson also Signed the Posse Comitatus Act, at the end of his Presidency all because the Southern Democrats were having a $hit fit that armed soldiers were in their cities.

You think what were going through now is difficult, doing what right isn't always popular and Lincoln and Grant sure felt the weight of their decisions, and both Presidents are why we are still a nation.

I agree 100%. I would add not ONLY is doing what is right not always popular. but nowadays, with minimalistic standards and values, doing what is popular is not always right either.

Issue is, usually, the person elected is doing things that are popular with their constituency(and with the state of education, unfortunately, sometimes because they follow blindly and dont care to know anything but what their candidate proposes and claims). And on the flip side, the person elected is doing things that are unpopular with those not in their consituency(sometimes because they blindly oppose anything that candidate proposes or claims)

Party politics, which focuses on the party and not the individuals themselves, is the biggest problem we face leading to our division and contributing to our falling apart.

But you don't agree that President Grant was one of the best Presidents and saved our country?

what makes you say that?

Im not a historian, I dont do best presidents because so many have done well in different areas and not so well in others. it would depend on which areas were considered 'most important' to really say, and I dont do that either.

I would say keeping the country together after the Civil War was a huge accomplishment, especially since everyone predicted that the Southern States were going to pick right back up. General Grant saw that coming and is why he accepted the nomination at the Convention. He really didn't want to be President.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 05:36 PM

Someone once had a pretty lengthy thread devoted to fallen police. I thought to start one about 'celebrities' we have lost. I am mostly posting those who passed of something other than old age, but all are welcome.

RIP 2019

Luke Perry, 52, from Beverly Hills 90210 and Riverdale, on Mar 4 from a stroke.
Kristoff St. 52, John, of Y and R, on Feb 3 of suspected alcohol poisoning.

You forgot the star of Airwolf.

I figured he had his own thread and died pretty much in old age, but feel free to add him here.

This should be about every Celeb who dies in 2019 no matter what from. I believe it was from years of drug use that finally caught up to him. He wasn't that old.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 05:25 PM

Four of the 45 Presidents have been shot and killed in office, a few more have been shot or shot at while in office. Not very good odds if you think about it, would you be willing to take the chance?

So your advocating for a President to get shot because you don't like them? Not only is your comment utter BS, it's a Federal Felony.

--------------------------------------------------
If you read that I said who would want the job with the risk that goes along with it. Clearly times have changed and there is much better security now.

There really isn't much risk. I met President Bush and Vice President Pence. The security is like nothing you have ever seen. Not only do they have their Secret Service Detail but they pull Agents from every Office within a two state radius. They also have all the other Federal Agents (FBI, DEA, US MARSHALLS, HOMELANCE SECURITY, ICE) wearing their jackets and fully armed. As well as the Uniformed Secret Service Division and all local Law Enforcement and members of the military. The President's limo can take a direct hit from a tank and not be breached. Roads are closed off and if the President is out in the open they have both Federal Snipers and Military Snipers looking for any possible threat.

We learned a lot from the Kennedy and Reagan attacks. Hell, they have sent President Bush, VP Cheney, President Obama, President Trump and Vice President Pence into a war zone and they were still safe. There also was an attempt on VP Cheney in Iraq that was well planned and coordinated and it didn't even come close.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 05:09 PM

Personally I'd like to see another
Ross Perot run ( he's too old), but someone like him. He wanted to run the country like a business ( make $ instead of lose $). He was an outsider and really stirred up interest in a third party, but unfortunately we will never convince the majority of people to split from being Democrat or Republican.

There is nothing saying Trump will even run in 2020, or have the Republican endorsement. The Republicans really need to pull a rabbit out of their hat and come up with a good candidate, or just make sure the Democratic candidate really sucks.

Four of the 45 Presidents have been shot and killed in office, a few more have been shot or shot at while in office. Not very good odds if you think about it, would you be willing to take the chance? 5 of them had no political experience before being elected, to me this would not be an issue, sick of the sellouts we got in Washington, but money talks so I really don't see a way to change that.

Adams served as VP
Jefferson as governor, sec of state, and VP
Madison as congressman and sec of state
Monroe as senator and governor
Adams as senator and secretary of state
Jackson was senator and governor
Van Buren was governor and VP
Harrison, a senator
Tyler, congressman, a senator and VP
Polk, a congressman and governor
Zach Taylor was a soldier ... ONE

Fillmore, congressman and VP
Pierce, congressman and senator
Buchanan, congressman, senator, secretary of state
Lincoln, a congressman
Johnson, congressman, senator, governor, VP
Grant was an Army general ... TWO

Hayes was congressman and governor
Garfield, congressman
Arthur, VP
Cleveland, Mayor
Harrison, Senator
McKinley, congressman and governor
Roosevelt, governor and VP
Taft, justice of supreme court, sec of war ... is this THREE?
woodrow wilson, governor
Harding was a senator
Coolidge, governor and VP
Hoover, sec of commerce ... is this FOUR?
Roosevelt, governor
Truman, senator and vP
Eisenhower, army chief of staff ... is this FIVE?
Kennedy, congressman and senator
Johnson, congressman, senator, VP
Nixon, congressman, senator, VP
Ford, congressman and VP
Carter, governor
Reagan, governor
GHW Bush, congressman, ambassador, VP
Clinton, governor
GW Bush, governor
OBama, state senator and US senator

As far as historically, all presidents have worked within the three branches of the government infrastructure, which I think is an important experience to gain before holding the TOP government office, OR they have served in the military, which as Commander in Chief, is the only experience in lieu of the government that I feel is worthy of POTUS.

I think the US is meant to be run as a 'not for profit', not to profit, but to pursue constitutional objectives and maintain the country. I think, like in any top job of any industry, it is not desirable that someone START gaining experience in the top position, ahead of others who have already started.

I think 4 out of 45 is 8 percent, which leaves 92 percent chance of not getting killed, is not bad odds.

All presidents have been 65 or under when elected, EXCEPT Harrison, Reagan, and Trump, Harrison died of illness in office. Reagan was later announced to have Alzheimers, though not revealed until his 80s, I believe he was beginning to suffer from in office. And Trump seems to have plenty of the signs of senility, regression to childlike thinking and acting. I do hope we get a more 'vibrant' and healthy candidate in office(mentally, physically and emotionally).

I don't care so much about the 'either/or' politics for candidates. Even though we have two main parties, we have a large SPECTRUM of individual political ideas and beliefs.

The candidates, though registered under a political label, are individuals first. And I care about what experience and education and ideas the Individual has. I care whether there is past indicator of their 'concerns' for fellow Americans. I care about their experience with and knowledge of global affairs and with the obstacles and concerns of 'average' AND struggling citizens, not just the elite. Knowledge of/experience with the constitution and military are certainly also a plus.

I really hope we get another OBama or Kennedy(minus the assassination). I wonder what can be accomplished during a time when we are NOT already in economic downfall. I also hope we get someone who can lead with unifying language and behavior.

Grant was commander of the entire US Army and war effort during the Civil War. I would count that as experience. He didn't even want to be President, but he was drafted and then he saw the nation coming apart in the aftermath of the Civil War, and it was. He knew enough about politics and leading that he jumped in and became one of the greatest Presidents in history.

The South was rearming, and Grant saw another war coming. That's why Federal Troops were deployed in a law enforcement capacity in Southern States to put down any chance of rebellion. Johnson also Signed the Posse Comitatus Act, at the end of his Presidency all because the Southern Democrats were having a $hit fit that armed soldiers were in their cities.

You think what were going through now is difficult, doing what right isn't always popular and Lincoln and Grant sure felt the weight of their decisions, and both Presidents are why we are still a nation.

I agree 100%. I would add not ONLY is doing what is right not always popular. but nowadays, with minimalistic standards and values, doing what is popular is not always right either.

Issue is, usually, the person elected is doing things that are popular with their constituency(and with the state of education, unfortunately, sometimes because they follow blindly and dont care to know anything but what their candidate proposes and claims). And on the flip side, the person elected is doing things that are unpopular with those not in their consituency(sometimes because they blindly oppose anything that candidate proposes or claims)

Party politics, which focuses on the party and not the individuals themselves, is the biggest problem we face leading to our division and contributing to our falling apart.

But you don't agree that President Grant was one of the best Presidents and saved our country?

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 09:41 AM
Well, it's almost here and I get more and more depressed the closer it gets. This season really reminded us why Gotham has been a great show that will be missed. With four episodes left of the series they have packed more into this season then they have in most that have had double the episodes. I just hop the final episode will be a two hour special...

They have already announced a spin off about Alfred during his time as a British SAS Agent.

I really hope something happens and another network picks this show up. Other then Criminal Minds (which is also coming to an end) it's a show that I religiously watch every week and cant imagine what it will be like without it coming on every Thursday.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 09:36 AM

A good friend of the family/actor also died named Kristoff St. John. He was only 52. But he had suffered a long time after losing his child years earlier. I dont know if many here will know or remember him. He played opposite Shemar Moore in Y and R.

I remember him and I remember Shemar back from those days. Now he is gone on to bigger and better things headlining two two ten rated shows back to back first with Criminal Minds, now with SWAT. I only hope he comes back as a reoccurring guest for the final season of Criminal Minds. I could see that happening because he only left over Thomas Gibson.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 09:33 AM

Someone once had a pretty lengthy thread devoted to fallen police. I thought to start one about 'celebrities' we have lost. I am mostly posting those who passed of something other than old age, but all are welcome.

RIP 2019

Luke Perry, 52, from Beverly Hills 90210 and Riverdale, on Mar 4 from a stroke.
Kristoff St. 52, John, of Y and R, on Feb 3 of suspected alcohol poisoning.

You forgot the star of Airwolf.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 09:32 AM

Ahh, the smell is coming around.

A division is starting, Socialist democrats. Pelosi is getting to play second fiddle to AOC & company. Since when did we have to even think about anti semitism in congress? Now we do. Adam Schiff is busier trying to get rid of Trump, than to do his job. Eight committees have been formed to find some dirt on Trump and company.

Dems in the house are doing what was predicted- nothing productive, except trying to force Trump out of office. In its simplest form, its called-

Lying to the public.

I'm all for bouncing out socialists from holding public office. If dems had any backbone, they wouldn't have allowed bernie to run for president in 2016, because he isn't technically a democrat. They brought it on themselves-ha ha.

McCarthy is turning over in his grave right now. He warned us of this years ago.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 09:31 AM

PLUS,as the video of her that her opponents dug up,and posted online to 'TRY' to embarrass her shows,she is also cute as a button,and is an EXCELLENT dancer!!

Heck, I have college friends that fit THAT description. I guess Dems are dumber than I thought if they consider cute and dancer as a reason to vote for someone.
BUILD THAT WALL.

Let me say, as a democrat, that I doubt most educated Americans (and they tend to register democrat) vote for someone based on being cute or a dancer.

Although, I can see where it may help with relatability, the way being NON PC(the way many wish they could be in their own lives) and an icon of 'wealth' helps some Americans relate enough to someone to vote for them.

I'm sure though, that on both sides, there will also be OTHER reasons that contribute to a choice.

To the topic of the OP. AOC is young, still in her twenties, and inexperienced. A position as a district rep is the right place for her to start learning and growing. I hope she uses the opportunity to do so, and isn't stuck in the all too common belief of already knowing everything.

The right place for her to start would have been working as an intern, then as a staffer for years. She has no experience, no one would hire her with her college degree so has zero experience, and barely has life experience. That is NOT someone we need in Congress. She's toxic and even the Dems are keeping her at arms distance.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 09:29 AM

PLUS,as the video of her that her opponents dug up,and posted online to 'TRY' to embarrass her shows,she is also cute as a button,and is an EXCELLENT dancer!!

Heck, I have college friends that fit THAT description. I guess Dems are dumber than I thought if they consider cute and dancer as a reason to vote for someone.
BUILD THAT WALL.

Look at the long list of Democratic women, NONE of them are even slightly attractive let alone cute. Not even the Horse Faced AOC.

They only one who is remotely attractive is Senator Sinema.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25