Community > Posts By > Lpdon

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 09:18 AM
Edited by Lpdon on Mon 03/11/19 09:25 AM

Personally I'd like to see another
Ross Perot run ( he's too old), but someone like him. He wanted to run the country like a business ( make $ instead of lose $). He was an outsider and really stirred up interest in a third party, but unfortunately we will never convince the majority of people to split from being Democrat or Republican.

There is nothing saying Trump will even run in 2020, or have the Republican endorsement. The Republicans really need to pull a rabbit out of their hat and come up with a good candidate, or just make sure the Democratic candidate really sucks.

Four of the 45 Presidents have been shot and killed in office, a few more have been shot or shot at while in office. Not very good odds if you think about it, would you be willing to take the chance? 5 of them had no political experience before being elected, to me this would not be an issue, sick of the sellouts we got in Washington, but money talks so I really don't see a way to change that.

Adams served as VP
Jefferson as governor, sec of state, and VP
Madison as congressman and sec of state
Monroe as senator and governor
Adams as senator and secretary of state
Jackson was senator and governor
Van Buren was governor and VP
Harrison, a senator
Tyler, congressman, a senator and VP
Polk, a congressman and governor
Zach Taylor was a soldier ... ONE

Fillmore, congressman and VP
Pierce, congressman and senator
Buchanan, congressman, senator, secretary of state
Lincoln, a congressman
Johnson, congressman, senator, governor, VP
Grant was an Army general ... TWO

Hayes was congressman and governor
Garfield, congressman
Arthur, VP
Cleveland, Mayor
Harrison, Senator
McKinley, congressman and governor
Roosevelt, governor and VP
Taft, justice of supreme court, sec of war ... is this THREE?
woodrow wilson, governor
Harding was a senator
Coolidge, governor and VP
Hoover, sec of commerce ... is this FOUR?
Roosevelt, governor
Truman, senator and vP
Eisenhower, army chief of staff ... is this FIVE?
Kennedy, congressman and senator
Johnson, congressman, senator, VP
Nixon, congressman, senator, VP
Ford, congressman and VP
Carter, governor
Reagan, governor
GHW Bush, congressman, ambassador, VP
Clinton, governor
GW Bush, governor
OBama, state senator and US senator

As far as historically, all presidents have worked within the three branches of the government infrastructure, which I think is an important experience to gain before holding the TOP government office, OR they have served in the military, which as Commander in Chief, is the only experience in lieu of the government that I feel is worthy of POTUS.

I think the US is meant to be run as a 'not for profit', not to profit, but to pursue constitutional objectives and maintain the country. I think, like in any top job of any industry, it is not desirable that someone START gaining experience in the top position, ahead of others who have already started.

I think 4 out of 45 is 8 percent, which leaves 92 percent chance of not getting killed, is not bad odds.

All presidents have been 65 or under when elected, EXCEPT Harrison, Reagan, and Trump, Harrison died of illness in office. Reagan was later announced to have Alzheimers, though not revealed until his 80s, I believe he was beginning to suffer from in office. And Trump seems to have plenty of the signs of senility, regression to childlike thinking and acting. I do hope we get a more 'vibrant' and healthy candidate in office(mentally, physically and emotionally).

I don't care so much about the 'either/or' politics for candidates. Even though we have two main parties, we have a large SPECTRUM of individual political ideas and beliefs.

The candidates, though registered under a political label, are individuals first. And I care about what experience and education and ideas the Individual has. I care whether there is past indicator of their 'concerns' for fellow Americans. I care about their experience with and knowledge of global affairs and with the obstacles and concerns of 'average' AND struggling citizens, not just the elite. Knowledge of/experience with the constitution and military are certainly also a plus.

I really hope we get another OBama or Kennedy(minus the assassination). I wonder what can be accomplished during a time when we are NOT already in economic downfall. I also hope we get someone who can lead with unifying language and behavior.

Grant was commander of the entire US Army and war effort during the Civil War. I would count that as experience. He didn't even want to be President, but he was drafted and then he saw the nation coming apart in the aftermath of the Civil War, and it was. He knew enough about politics and leading that he jumped in and became one of the greatest Presidents in history.

The South was rearming, and Grant saw another war coming. That's why Federal Troops were deployed in a law enforcement capacity in Southern States to put down any chance of rebellion. Johnson also Signed the Posse Comitatus Act, at the end of his Presidency all because the Southern Democrats were having a $hit fit that armed soldiers were in their cities.

You think what were going through now is difficult, doing what right isn't always popular and Lincoln and Grant sure felt the weight of their decisions, and both Presidents are why we are still a nation.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 09:15 AM

Ross Perot run ( he's too old), but someone like him. He wanted to run the country like a business ( make $ instead of lose $). He was an outsider and really stirred up interest in a third party, but unfortunately we will never convince the majority of people to split from being Democrat or Republican.

There is nothing saying Trump will even run in 2020, or have the Republican endorsement. The Republicans really need to pull a rabbit out of their hat and come up with a good candidate, or just make sure the Democratic candidate really sucks.

Four of the 45 Presidents have been shot and killed in office, a few more have been shot or shot at while in office. Not very good odds if you think about it, would you be willing to take the chance? 5 of them had no political experience before being elected, to me this would not be an issue, sick of the sellouts we got in Washington, but money talks so I really don't see a way to change that.

So your advocating for a President to get shot because you don't like them? Not only is your comment utter BS, it's a Federal Felony.

BTW every President that has been shot all had political experience unless you don't count being a Senator or a Governor political experience.

Our President and Vice President do not need to worry about their safety. We have the best people in the world protecting them and a lot of procedures and technology has changed since the Kennedy and Reagan days.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 09:15 AM

So your advocating for a President to get shot because you don't like them? Not only is your comment utter BS, it's a Federal Felony.

BTW every President that has been shot all had political experience unless you don't count being a Senator or a Governor political experience.

Our President and Vice President do not need to worry about their safety. We have the best people in the world protecting them and a lot of procedures and technology has changed since the Kennedy and Reagan days.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 01:58 AM

I like that Booker ticks the boxes for education and experience and age range. But I still have to wait to see who the actual lead candidates will be and what they have to say when thinking and speaking for themselves.

Booker the man who committed sexual assault then wrote about it saying it was ok because it was a teachable moment?

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 01:56 AM

Who are you guys supporting in 2020 or who would you like to see run?

I'll be honest, someone who I always wanted to see run was Elizabeth Dole. I admired what she did as Sec of Commerce under Reagan, and always thought that they had the wrong Dole running in 1996, because "Elizabeth, don't call me Liddy" would have had a better shot at challenging Clinton.

Unfortunately, Mrs Dole's reputation took a bad hack after 9/11/2001, when folks found out the Red Cross under her direction had been doing some bait-and-switch with donations. It pretty much ended her political career. Having seen her speak in 2000, she had the charisma and knowledge to have earned my vote.

As far as 2020, I don't think my candidate has announced yet. I certainly don't want another demagogue egotist liar, and though Pence will be the incumbent by then, I wonder if Pence can pull off an election. GLAD Hillary is not trying it again, could not stand the noise. I am laughing at Bill Weld trying for the 3rd party nomination.

Remember too, that this early in the game, the early frontrunners usually don't make it (Anybody remember when Howard Dean was on the cover of Time?) Elizabeth Warren might do well in NH next spring (just because she is from a neighboring state), but I think her campaign will be over by Super Tuesday.

Would not mind seeing Claire Underwood in the race... An Underwood ticket is one I could get behind. Tom Kirkman? Why do I get the feeling that we will need an event such as the one that made Tom Kirkman famous to truly purge the filth in DC?

It doesn't make a difference the candidate, the Orange one is never going to yield the spotlight, and will proclaim himself Emperor,like his best friend Kim did. Michael Cohan has told us, the Cheeto will not go quietly... and the worst part is, he will still have the brainless goons supporting his right to urinate on the Constitution yet again when it happens

I heard or read, and I honestly don't remember the source so question the validity, that the RNC is setting a new standard that no one run against Trump in his re election bid. Again, I am not sure where I read it. I remember it didn't shock me, but did concern me.

Actually Governor Kasich is gearing up for a primary run. He was just with all the other Primary candidates at a major event last week.

Rumor is he will be jumping in soon.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 01:53 AM

I'll never vote for a democrat.

You seriously couldn't vote for Webb?

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/11/19 01:51 AM

As it stands at the moment, I will vote for and work for the reelection of Trump. The only other person that comes to mind would be Jamie Dimon from JP Morgan. I would expect him to be a conservative democrat if he ever decided to be a fool and enter politics. Most high quality people have more sense than to have their lives ruined by entering politics!

The most conservative Democrat is Senator Webb.

Lpdon's photo
Sun 03/10/19 06:37 AM
Jan-Michael Vincent, the ‘80s star best known for his role on TV’s hit series “Airwolf,” has died.

According to a death certificate from a North Carolina hospital published by TMZ Friday, the actor passed away on Feb. 10 after suffering a cardiac arrest. The document shows Vincent was 73 at the time of his death and that no autopsy was performed.

The cause of death was listed as cardiac arrest.

The former heartthrob’s final role was in 2002’s “White Boy.”
Before Vincent’s rise to stardom, he appeared in 1978’s “Hooper” alongside Burt Reynolds, followed by “Hard Country” opposite Kim Basinger in 1981. He steadily worked in Hollywood for three decades and appeared in numerous hit TV shows, including “Lassie,” “Bonanza” and “Gunsmoke,” among others.

“Airwolf,” which aired from 1984 until 1986, told the tale of renegade pilot Stringfellow Hawke, who goes on missions with an advanced battle helicopter as part of a deal with an intelligence agency to look for his missing brother.
The CBS series made Vincent a massive star and at the time was reportedly the highest-paid actor, earning a whopping $200G per episode. Still, TMZ noted “Airwolf” lasted only a couple of seasons largely in part to Vincent’s cocaine abuse.

In 2012, Vincent cheated death after suffering from an infection that required his right leg to be amputated.
He is survived by his wife, Patricia, and his daughter, Amber.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/airwolf-star-jan-michael-vincent-dead-report

That sucks, that two actors dead this week. Last week one of the Soprano's actors who was also in Good Fellas died. This has already been a bad year so far for Celebrity deaths...……. sad

Lpdon's photo
Thu 03/07/19 02:19 AM

He was on the Riverdale show and in a Quentin Tarantino movie coming out this year. I don't know if he was trying to make a comeback or doing what he does - act. I've seen him over the years.

He was making a comeback. They are making another 90210, this time with all the original cast in major parts. Also he did 8 Seconds which was an amazing movie. He also guest starred as a David Koresh like Villain for a couple of episodes of Criminal Minds. One was pretty recent. He almost won an award for one of the appearances. He was one of the best Unsubs they have ever had.

Lpdon's photo
Thu 03/07/19 02:12 AM

Her priorities were no secret during her campaign. She was elected by voters in her district. Seems indicative of her constituents being in agreement with her agenda. Passionately working towards stated goals that those she represents voted in favor of by electing her should be commended. It's the level of performance that should be delivered by all elected officials, in my opinion.

it certainly seems to be the answer of Trump supporters to his negative criticism, doing what their CONSTITUENTS voted them to do ...

good for the orange goose, good for the young gander
Yes, AOC was elected to that district, in 2 years we will find out if they are happy with her representation. It just goes to show how divided our country is in different geographic areas. I doubt I could live in a district that far off center to the left; must be a nightmare!! I'm sure there are people that feel just as negative toward areas dominated by the hard right.

I don't know if she will last her full term. Shes managed to piss off the Entire Republicans in Congress and shes pissed off about 90% of the Democrats in Congress. It's really bad when Pelosi and Schumer keep her at arms length and Pelosi just walked out of a meeting with her disgusted.

She's also hurting the Democrats chances in 2020, and the Democrats cant have that. They have to do damage control and remove her from office.

Lpdon's photo
Thu 03/07/19 01:53 AM
So, I was a Trump supporter long before he entered the Presidential race in 2016. I was part of the Draft Trump movement. He hasn't been a bad President but I cant support him after the Saudi Arabia mess and all though I support the wall and border security, I believe a pathway to citizenship shouldn't be such a long process and if they pass a deep background check and understand our laws, how our Government works and learn our countries history then let them in.

I also don't agree with his stance on ISIS and pulling out of Syria. Every time we get Al Qaeda on the ropes we back of and they regroup and come back ten times stronger. ISIL originated from Al Qaeda in Iraq after we started pulling troops out.

I cant vote for President Trump and I definitely wont vote for anyone else whos entered the race at this point. However, I would love to see Senator Jim Webb enter the race, I would not only vote for him but would help with his campaign. The man is a war hero and can work across party lines to get things done. He also is a former secretary of defense!

Who are you guys supporting in 2020 or who would you like to see run?

Lpdon's photo
Tue 03/05/19 10:49 AM

I was contacted on Facebook this morning by a few of the Members that use to be on here regularly..

Seems Mikey did not make plans for his fur buddy companion Cherokee. They are trying to find someone in the Lincoln Nebraska area to go adopt Cherokee since he was taking to the pound after Mikey passed away.. :cry:

He refused to believe he would out live Cherokee and did not ask anyone to care for him.. breaks my heart..

Mikey had been battling Cancer for several years....may he fly high with the agels:angel:

I also know someone in that area who would take his dog and it would be a loving home.

Lpdon's photo
Tue 03/05/19 10:48 AM

I was contacted on Facebook this morning by a few of the Members that use to be on here regularly..

Seems Mikey did not make plans for his fur buddy companion Cherokee. They are trying to find someone in the Lincoln Nebraska area to go adopt Cherokee since he was taking to the pound after Mikey passed away.. :cry:

He refused to believe he would out live Cherokee and did not ask anyone to care for him.. breaks my heart..

Mikey had been battling Cancer for several years....may he fly high with the agels:angel:

What was Mikey's username?

That's horrible. This has been a horrible couple years for losing people in general.

Lpdon's photo
Tue 03/05/19 10:46 AM
What if they screw up and over circumcise you? scared

Lpdon's photo
Tue 03/05/19 10:36 AM

I know :pensive:I’m so bummed out right now...I was so in love with him my whole childhood it really sucks...

He was about to make a career comeback. They are bringing back Beverly Hills 90210 and all the original cast signed on, including Perry.

He also played an awesome David Koresh type during a couple episodes of Criminal Minds. He did an amazing job. He played one of the best bad guys in the history of the show. Mostly because the way he played the character and he made a horrible guy likable.

He was also really good in 8 Seconds.

Lpdon's photo
Tue 03/05/19 03:14 AM

Thanx, I'm kinda rusty on the Tesla history.

As for fuel sources for energy.

Seems to me, a promising avenue for technology and innovation would be in tapping into the energy of atomic foundational forces.

I participate in a few science fiction communities.
Many with well-established writers in the genre.
There is much discussion about potential energy sources of the future.

While currently beyond our technology and knowledge level, Imagine an energy source that taps into and uses the fundamental forces of matter.
This would mean that every molecule, perhaps every atom itself could power the device they make up.
Granted, we are a long way from that understanding.
But what if, the atoms that compose the device, were to actually power that device?
Try to imagine a world without wires.
No batteries.
No external power sources at all.

The atoms, the fundamental forces that bind atoms, were the source of the power needed to activate the device.
Could it happen?
There is a distinction between probability and possibility.
It is possible but at our present understanding improbable.
But then, wasn't heart transplants improbable 200 years ago?

In a more reasonable scebnario we do have kinetic and static electricity that could hold promise in the nearer future.
I have read about sidewalks that produce electricity from people walking.
I have read about clothing that charges cell phone batteries by normal movement.
Perhaps we don't need a new fuel source?
Perhaps we only need to learn how to tap into the energy sources that already exist?

Unfortunately I am very familiar with Tesla. They have ruined thousands of lives a lot in my city. It's sad what it has done to our community and how they screw over their workers and manipulate the housing market where people who don't work for them lose their housing because their rent triples.

Lpdon's photo
Tue 03/05/19 03:12 AM

Didn't Tesla invent a power source that harvested energy from the static electricty generated by the Earth?
Didn't someone who shall not be named supress his invention because free energy was not meant to be and money needed to be had?

The Powers That Be will keep fossil fuels going until another resource that can be exploited for more profit can be found.

Tesla is one big Ponzi Scheme. That company is getting a ton of money from the Government and it has NEVER turned a profit.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/04/19 07:12 PM

I wonder if he'd had any previous health issues..

It's pretty rare for someone in their early 50's to have/ die from a stroke..unless there was a congenital thing or predisposing factor...

I know he was heavily involved in drugs for years. that could have led to it.

Lpdon's photo
Mon 03/04/19 10:13 AM
Actor Luke Perry, who starred in "Beverly Hills, 90210" and "Riverdale," has died at age 52 after suffering a massive stroke, a rep for the actor told Fox News.

"He was surrounded by his children Jack and Sophie, fiancé Wendy Madison Bauer, ex-wife Minnie Sharp, mother Ann Bennett, step-father Steve Bennett, brother Tom Perry, sister Amy Coder, and other close family and friends," Perry's representative told us. "The family appreciates the outpouring of support and prayers that have been extended to Luke from around the world, and respectfully request privacy in this time of great mourning. No further details will be released at this time."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/luke-perry-star-of-beverly-hills-90210-and-riverdale-dead-at-52

Lpdon's photo
Fri 03/01/19 01:01 PM
Edited by Lpdon on Fri 03/01/19 01:09 PM

Take this for example. This isn't racism. I know. But, it's Trump's mouth and what comes out of it. It's all the same outcome.

Meghan McCain shoots down Trump's brag about being in Vietnam: 'Have you taken a trip to the Hanoi Hilton yet?'

"He’s not a war hero,” Trump said in 2015 regarding the more than five years McCain spent as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam, though he later backtracked on the controversial comments. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured".

http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/meghan-mccain-shoots-trumps-brag-vietnam-taken-trip-hanoi-hilton-yet-145148939.html

He shoots off his mouth about the dead. You just can't get much lower than that. This man put his life on the line knowing he might get captured.

When Trump shot off his mouth about a war hero, all he did was slap a black blotch on the Republican Party. Trump was wrong here. All because of his hateful mouth the whole party looks bad. The Democrats didn't do it, Trump did. His "bone spur" excuse, his deferments, It all has worked against him. He is the Republican Party's worst enemy.

McCain wasn't a war hero. He was a squealer. He talked and got more people captured and killed. He was a traitor.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25