Community > Posts By > smuflicker

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 06:33 AM

I wouldn't hit on lily but i would flurt with her if she don't slap me.

But will you listen? laugh

Sowwy, I just had to.
lol hahaha , yes i am a good listener. and i don't try to fix everything either

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 06:31 AM

Yeah Lily...I guess sometimes they do.

Not saying it is right.

But if we all possessed the subtle art of maintaining a relationship effectively we probably wouldn't need to be on this site discussing it.

No one is perfect I suppose.

But knowing that, someone shouldn't expect perfection when they themselves are not perfect.
no one is perfect and you shouldn't expect anyone to be perfect

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 06:29 AM
I wouldn't hit on lily but i would flurt with her if she don't slap me.

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 06:26 AM

Won't most people say "What should I do??" if they want advice? In other words if they just need to vent, let them vent. Saying we need to talk doesn't infer we think the person we are speaking to can fix anything.

I think you sumed up the issue quite well thank you.

drinker
Well everyone need to vent once in a while thats when listening comes in.

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 06:24 AM
Depending on what it is i may say, well,, sorrrry. but i will go back and and try to find out what is wrong threw talking about it.

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 06:20 AM

I think when someone you care about expresses they are sad...it's only natural to have the desire to want change that for them.

Call it ridiculous ignorant controlling or arrogant if you want but for me personally those words "just don't go there".

I prefer compassionate.

and if it is not in your power to change? Then what?

Be angry at the person for voicing those feelings?
You shouldn't get upset with someone for how they are feeling.

What if they are upset, and maybe don't express things in the manner you would like, while still being respectful... but you just don't "like" how it was said to you? Do you lash out at them?
No i don't,i ask them to explain to me what is. If they are upset with someone else and they jump on me i ask them not to take it out on me.

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 06:13 AM

I think when someone you care about expresses they are sad...it's only natural to have the desire to want change that for them.

Call it ridiculous ignorant controlling or arrogant if you want but for me personally those words "just don't go there".

I prefer compassionate.

and if it is not in your power to change? Then what?

Be angry at the person for voicing those feelings?
You shouldn't get upset with someone for how they are feeling.

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 06:11 AM
I've been single for a long time and it would be nice to wake up to someone.

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 06:09 AM
Well i think at times you can offer if there is anything you can say or do without just jumping with a fix.

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 06:05 AM
I think it would be nice to be taken by the right one

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 05:54 AM

I was thinking arrogant, but ridiculous covers that. It's just plain ignorant to think you can "fix" emotions, you can help them along by listening or perhaps more IF asked but to outright think that something you say or do will magically "fix" anything is stupid...sorry I'm blunt like that.

While you are fixing the emoitcons... can you add a few?

angel with a halo

one begging on one knee

one with an eye flutter

oh emotions... not emoticons.. never mind.
lol thats funny Lily

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 05:49 AM

Well, here's the thing too, my ex-husband would try to "fix" my emotions and when he couldn't, he would get angry with me. Way to be supportive.

You have NO idea.... what you just said to reaffirm my thoughts right now....:heart: :heart: :heart:

5 years of pure hell and one beautiful child later....
No you can't fix someone else's emotions but i think that you can be sinceative to it,or something like that.

absolutely... but to get mad when someone expresses their feelings because they can't "fix" them...is ridiculous.
Yes i totaly agree. that falls into someone wanting to control,have control and that is wrong. Everyone has to be their own person. You can't just go controling everything someone else does or feels.

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 05:44 AM

Well, here's the thing too, my ex-husband would try to "fix" my emotions and when he couldn't, he would get angry with me. Way to be supportive.

You have NO idea.... what you just said to reaffirm my thoughts right now....:heart: :heart: :heart:

5 years of pure hell and one beautiful child later....
No you can't fix someone else's emotions but i think that you can be sinceative to it,or something like that.

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 05:38 AM

nope! once a cheater, always a cheater!!!

Not true....
I don't think that is true either

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 05:34 AM
I can see that you are a very strong willed person Lily. I do think that i understand what you are saying. Everyone is their own person and sometimes you just need to have someone to listen to you, but there is more to it than that also.

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 05:27 AM

If you are in a relationship with some one do you want that person to fix something,what is your desire from a mate?

I want caring and compassion, but I don't want someone to dote on me, I don't expect them to "take care of me" I expect support, not domination.
I totaly understand. I only wanted to understand where you were comeing from. Not everything can be fixed by someone else.

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 05:15 AM
If you are in a relationship with some one do you want that person to fix something,what is your desire from a mate?

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 05:12 AM

I don't try to fix everything but if your in a relationship then some want to try try and fix some things. I know a few men that if told, i'm sad, i'm not feeling good, my back hurts they say,and... what do you want me to do about it or well get over it. Is that the type of partner you want?

There is a wide range between "get over it" and "here let me fix it". How about - "I am here to listen"
I understand that and i am a good listener. At this point i'm wandering at what point is something suppost to be attemped to be fixed or what? If some one is sad,do you semply ask why and leave it at that,just go on to something else or what?

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 05:04 AM
I don't try to fix everything but if your in a relationship then some want to try try and fix some things. I know a few men that if told, i'm sad, i'm not feeling good, my back hurts they say,and... what do you want me to do about it or well get over it. Is that the type of partner you want?

smuflicker's photo
Thu 05/08/08 04:53 AM
If we were incencative then we wouldn't care to try and fix anything

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25