Community > Posts By > texasrose9

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 02:24 PM

Those boards are NOT a toy..We had one when I was little..The thing told my sister that she'd die at a young age..so we threw it out..My aunt had one once..She kept it on her coffee table until she woke up one morning with the thing stuck high on the wall..When she FINALLY got it removed from the wall she took it outside and burned it..Did I mention that my aunt lived alone at the time?noway

Wow. That would definitely freak me out.

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 02:17 PM
Wow. That's a tough decision to make. Be there for your friend in case he needs to talk.

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 12:13 PM
WHAT??? Tell him I had 2,358 lovers? Never...........laugh

Just Kidding..............

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 12:03 PM
Crick has a point there.

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 11:33 AM
Vampire lover here.......

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 11:31 AM

I kinda believe that everything happens for a reason too...

indeed. think back 5-7 yrs.

and then think about that ONE thing that had you made an even slightly different move, you wouldn't have met certain people, done certain things that led to other certain things...

the last 5-7 yrs would not be.
thats alot of responsibility for one moment in time.noway

Yes! Thinking about that just gave me chill bumps.

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 11:25 AM
Seems like this has happened in my life several times. I'll share a story.

A few years ago, I was talking with a female friend about another friend, whom had moved away. I wanted to know what had happened to him.
She asked me if I knew any of his friends I could ask. I didn't. All his friends lived in other states, or other areas of the state, and I did not have their phone numbers.
It was Thanksgiving morning, and we had plans to go to my mother's for the day. We didn't feel like going anywhere, and decided to stay home.
A few hours later, there was a knock at the door. It was a work friend of the guy we were wondering about! Now, the funny thing about this is, the visitor lived 9 hours away...and was just passing through to visit relatives. My girl friend and I looked at each other and got chill bumps. Wild!

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 11:15 AM
Has it happened to you? Do you believe in synchronicity? Random, seemingly unrelated coincidences that occur in life?

Those moments that make you feel like you just stepped into the Twilight Zone?

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 10:56 AM

I would be sensitive to whether the holiday was important for them before making that decision. There is nothing worse than having a painful memory tied to a major holiday.....

Except maybe knowing you ruined that holiday spending it with a person you did not love... possibly. Either way it is fake. Disingenuinity is well, not real. :wink:

I agree with you, but sometimes plans may be made with other parties that may put the person you intend to leave in an embarrassing situation if you suddenly disappear. I'm not saying to keep your intentions secret, if the relationship is on the rocks, the other party will usually know that anyway. I just think one should end it prior to the holiday or after..... not so close to the holiday, or right on the holiday, as to have that person associate the break up with it.

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 10:37 AM
Have you expressed your irritation with him? Or have you kept it inside hoping he'll figure it out? You need to be direct and let him know these behaviors are not working for you, and tell him what you need. Give him a chance to work on it...or see if he is even willing to do so. As Lilith said, his response will tell you a whole lot. Maybe, he has limited relationship experience.

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 10:15 AM
What is odd about this board, is that some people experience absolutely nothing with it.....but others encounter some bizarre experiences. I used one many years ago, and as Madame said, there's some pretty scary things that can occur.

I read a book once that explained alot of things about the Ouija board. It scared the sh*t out of me...not to mention some of the things I saw for myself. I also threw mine away after.

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 10:04 AM
I would be sensitive to whether the holiday was important for them before making that decision. There is nothing worse than having a painful memory tied to a major holiday.....

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 10:02 AM

nEW invention!!! Trains, planes and automobiles!!:wink:

Yes, Gypsy, but it gets expensive flying somewhere every weekend..... trains not always available..... and gas prices are ridiculous to take a 12 hour drive..........

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 09:58 AM
It's hard to take a potential relationship to the next level if desired, when there is alot of distance between you. Once you do take that step, LDR are extremely difficult. Some people just don't have the mind-set to operate that way. Relationships need nurturing, and that includes spending a reasonable amount of face time together.
There are many lonely moments to endure if the person is very far away...like another state. At some point, one of the two parties will need to move or the relationship may stagnate.

texasrose9's photo
Tue 03/18/08 09:48 AM
I always remember my SO birthday. My last relationship lasted 4 years and I NEVER received a card or anything on my birthday. I think I received a phone call once.
It is thoughtful if someone remembers...shows they care.

texasrose9's photo
Mon 03/17/08 06:47 PM
Hilarious and true!

texasrose9's photo
Mon 03/17/08 06:18 PM
Yes. I would and I have.

texasrose9's photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:33 PM
What 3 things Waterloo?laugh

texasrose9's photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:32 PM

If everyone has always told you you're sweet, thoughtful, nice... and you KNOW you're not a pushover or have any other severe hang-ups, then by all means, DON'T assume that just because you've met up with the wrong people means that being a nice person makes you miss out. All you're missing out on are the jerks, the losers, the desperate, the users, the whiners, the drama queens, etc.

If that's the type of people you want to pick you, then sure, become a jerk. If you want to meet the sweet, genuine, loving, considerate people, then keep up the sweetness. Your time will come. flowerforyou

That's right.

texasrose9's photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:31 PM

being a nice guy really does not have to mean all those listed items...cause that really means you're a Putty

In my personal opinion I can understand why they dont want that...nor would I in a woman.

Upland, you're right. I did not mean for the list to appear that all nice guys have these qualities. Real men and real nice guys have many more admirable qualities. These are just qualities that alot of guys have, who classify themselves as nice and may not realize they come across that way.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25