Community > Posts By > number96

number96's photo
Sat 06/19/10 12:56 AM

noway

I want one.

number96's photo
Sat 06/19/10 12:55 AM
Sugar cane ethanol is about the easiest alcohol to make. There's a good reason the moonshiners used sugar over corn.

To produce diesel with blue-green algae, the algae is dried somewhat, then the oil is squeezed out. The oil is then ready to be used as a fuel. But to make it clean and efficient it needs a little refining, but not much more than the oil used in restaurant fryers.

number96's photo
Sat 06/19/10 12:42 AM

I think we should be using ethynol or bio diesel anyways, all completely renewable

As long as corn is not used, sugar cane is a hell of lot cheaper.
Blue-green algae should be used for diesel. I creates much more oil than anything else.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 12:44 PM
I'm jealous of you, you've got great plane surfing weather there. Unlike the boring predictable California weather.

Anyway, stay high and dry.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 12:37 PM

"Generation X, commonly abbreviated to Gen X, is the generation born after the baby boom ended, ranging from 1961 to 1981."

Wikipedia never lies! Technically you're in "Generation Y", number96, but I like to think of it more as Generation Rx. It sounds cooler and I think it is more accurate.

Gen X, Gen Y, it's all the same to me.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 12:35 PM

I'm wondering what generation we're referring to here....teenagers, 20 somethings?????

I think it's my generation, 'gen X'. Or the stuck up generation.

My sons are 26, 18 and 15 so I guess were referring to all of them..
I guess I'm lucky. They work, open doors for old ladies, don't smack women and kiss me on the cheek when they come and go.

They are on the lazy side..still do what needs to be done without any whining. Given a choice they probably wouldn't. Some of my favorite people are their friends..I think their sharp, intelligent and full of life. I love these young people. Their much more fun and open than the stuffy old people my age...

Sounds like you have raised some good offspring.

Alot of people I've encountered only show respect if they're shown it first. But then there is a good amount of people like me who show respect without demanding it.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 12:26 PM

It appears peaceful because their paralyzed. If not the body would be flopping all around and it would be quite gruesome to watch.
Well, except to those who would enjoy such a thing..then I suppose it would be entertaining..

You're right, it would be entertaining.

The fact that the person is unconscious and paralyzed certainly does give the effect of painlessness. I have heard before that the proses does cause pain, but I've never heard of an explanation of how. Do you know how or why, or is this just a theory with alot of evidence.

As a pacifist it's a subject I've chosen to learn about....do your own research.

I choose to be entertained by beautiful things such as nature, not watching another die.

I hope that one you love never is on that table, you may not find is so entertaining then.

Peace brother

I love nature too, that is why I like seeing people who degrade life and civilization be harshly punished for their crimes.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 12:21 PM

I'm wondering what generation we're referring to here....teenagers, 20 somethings?????

I think it's my generation, 'gen X'. Or the stuck up generation.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 12:19 PM

In addition to the firing squad, I'd like to see PUBLIC HANGING brought back, too ...

Actually still an option in Delaware, too.

Does Delaware still have the chair as an option? Or beheading?

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 12:17 PM

It appears peaceful because their paralyzed. If not the body would be flopping all around and it would be quite gruesome to watch.
Well, except to those who would enjoy such a thing..then I suppose it would be entertaining..

You're right, it would be entertaining.

The fact that the person is unconscious and paralyzed certainly does give the effect of painlessness. I have heard before that the proses does cause pain, but I've never heard of an explanation of how. Do you know how or why, or is this just a theory with alot of evidence.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 12:08 PM
As far as this generation, the large majority of the baby boomers raised their children as if they were more special than anyone else. That gives them the idea that they don't have to so the respect that they think they deserve.

Other then that, some people just have their head up their ***.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 12:01 PM

So, by Dr. Whittle's view, does this section of the universe have more or similar complexity as the rest of the known universe?

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with what you are talking about. It's my understanding that the entire known universe is isotropic and homogeneous throughout.

To the best of my knowledge there are no "large scale" sections of the universe that are known to be significantly different from any other "large scale" sections. The only differences we see is on galactic levels, and even those differences are quite slight in terms of complexity and can all be sufficiently described and explained by known physics, at least in as much as known physics can be applied to our own galaxy.

That's my current understanding of what the observations are to date.

As far as I know, it's just a theory that this section of the universe is the only section that can harbor life. It is based on the light-wave signatures of galaxies and galaxy clusters to figure out what elements persist in the universe.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 11:55 AM

The state of Utah gives firing squad as an option for the "criminal."
The reason for this is for their redemption...this is a very Mormon state and the church believes the 'eye for an eye' mentality.
When one sheds the blood of another then their blood must be shed. Those who die by firing squad choose that manner of death, because of their belief system. No blood is shed in the chair or by injection.

Why is this method barbaric? Lethal injection may appear quick and easy but do you have any idea what's happening inside the body? They are not simply falling asleep as many seem to think. Perhaps some feel those put to death should suffer more than just a bullet to the head.

Maybe we should start having public torture in the town square..how many would come out to see that.

Murder of another human is barbaric and disgusting whether it's carried out by an individual or the state!

I really don't care why Utah still has the firing squad option, I just like that they still have the balls to keep it, while all other states want to cause as little pain as possible to people who deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

With towns getting into financial trouble, they should sell tickets to public executions by firing squad and beheading. And for a high nominal fee, you could fire a gun or drop the blade.

It's not about having 'balls' as I just explained to you. Lethal injection and the chair cause more pain so your contradicting yourself...if you want them to suffer more, longer.. than the bullet to the head isn't matching up, it's pretty damn quick!

They started lethal injection because they thought it was less painful and more humane. Because the first injection is supposed to knock the person out. Apparently that's not the case. We've been wrong about other medical stuff before, why not lethal injection?

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 11:45 AM

The state of Utah gives firing squad as an option for the "criminal."
The reason for this is for their redemption...this is a very Mormon state and the church believes the 'eye for an eye' mentality.
When one sheds the blood of another then their blood must be shed. Those who die by firing squad choose that manner of death, because of their belief system. No blood is shed in the chair or by injection.

Why is this method barbaric? Lethal injection may appear quick and easy but do you have any idea what's happening inside the body? They are not simply falling asleep as many seem to think. Perhaps some feel those put to death should suffer more than just a bullet to the head.

Maybe we should start having public torture in the town square..how many would come out to see that.

Murder of another human is barbaric and disgusting whether it's carried out by an individual or the state!

I really don't care why Utah still has the firing squad option, I just like that they still have the balls to keep it, while all other states want to cause as little pain as possible to people who deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

With towns getting into financial trouble, they should sell tickets to public executions by firing squad and beheading. And for a high nominal fee, you could fire a gun or drop the blade.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 10:37 AM

that's more better !

That's moe beta

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 10:33 AM

The article was put out by AP. I post the link if knew how.

Execution is only more expensive because of the all the lawyers fighting to save the inmates on death row. It would be cheaper to abolish the death penalty and instate lifetime solitary confinement. But that's probably considered cruel and unusual.

Different opinion: Use the death penalty sooner, limit the time for appeals. Used to be sentenace was carried out within 30 days. Lawyers changed that, wonder why.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Proof that lawyers are the wost kind of criminals, the legal kind.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 01:13 AM
'If it ain't fast, bend it.'

It real does work, I won a race after hitting a wall and bending the right front suspension.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 01:09 AM

I think its matching barbarianism with barbarianism,,,,

quite disgusting to me,, but to each their own,,,
thank you Young Lady! You are sooooo right!

If we can evolve past barbarianism, there would be no need for execution or a life term sentence.

true, IF we could live the utopia where there wasnt violence and hatred,,,,

Sadly that can only happen in movies as long as we have free will.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 01:04 AM

The article was put out by AP. I post the link if knew how.

Execution is only more expensive because of the all the lawyers fighting to save the inmates on death row. It would be cheaper to abolish the death penalty and instate lifetime solitary confinement. But that's probably considered cruel and unusual.
we should make that clear to all places on this planet!

So you don't think lifetime solitary confinement is cruel. People have gone insane after a long stay in a small dark room.

number96's photo
Fri 06/18/10 01:00 AM

I think its matching barbarianism with barbarianism,,,,

quite disgusting to me,, but to each their own,,,
thank you Young Lady! You are sooooo right!

If we can evolve past barbarianism, there would be no need for execution or a life term sentence.