Community > Posts By > number96

number96's photo
Sun 06/06/10 03:10 PM

I can only look at this from a psychological perspective because I'm not religious.
Only you can prove a god exists to you. If you believe in one, it exists, but in your own mind.
The reason i say 'in your own mind' is because everyone has their own view of what God is.

yes everyone has there own view of what God is. But in reality God is but one thing, one being. Just because someone thinks a chicken is a God does NOT meen that chicken is God, that's what is called a false God. There is only one true God, and only ever will be one true God.

Only YOU can find the true God,
James 4:8 - Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded

Mathew 7:7 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

By saying that there is only one true god is saying that all other religions don't exist. As far as I'm concerned, that's like saying the white Christian race is the only race that should rule.
Aknotin made Ra the one true god when he rule Egypt. That decision caused many social problems. The next Pharaoh returned the religion to normal, and therefore fixed most of the social problems.
Humans need to have their choice in belief systems. Weather you think their belief or religion is wrong or not. If you look at people who believe in 'God' as they were told, they are lost when it come to belief or faith.

number96's photo
Sun 06/06/10 02:48 PM

Insecurity is VERY unattractive! indifferent

The ground gets wet when it rains.

This reminds me of the 'Oh, I can fix him' mentality. Instead of directing your energy towards the negitive traits in your personality, try directing them towards the positive. Stop whining (i.e. poetic analogy of when it rains.), and man up! Nobody's perfect! :thumbsup:

Different perspective on what I thought.

I thought he was saying for example: I have compulsive tendencies towards shoplifting, so do not try to change me. I am like this and I like being like this.

I was actually replying to an obvious statement with another obvious statement.
No hidden meaning.

number96's photo
Sun 06/06/10 02:31 PM

Insecurity is VERY unattractive! indifferent

The ground gets wet when it rains.

number96's photo
Sun 06/06/10 01:46 PM
I can only look at this from a psychological perspective because I'm not religious.
Only you can prove a god exists to you. If you believe in one, it exists, but in your own mind.
The reason i say 'in your own mind' is because everyone has their own view of what God is.

number96's photo
Sun 06/06/10 01:40 PM

I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to brag about themselves. It's easier to talk about my flaws because I'm always trying to improve myself.
When meeting someone knew, for dating or friendship, I know you shouldn't talk about flaws right away, or too much too early. But at what point would be a good time to start?
There is never a good time to lay it all out at once, so how much is a good starting point?

ya know, I thought about starting a dating site where people list their FLAWS and their ASSETS,, just to give others more of a head start on true compatibility,,,

but I think its safest to speak about flaws AFTER a bond has been formed but BEFORE a relationship becomes committed or intimate

That's a great idea for a site. It would definitely make it easier to meet people.

I figured that may be the case, it's probable easier to take someones flaw if both of you are close.

number96's photo
Sun 06/06/10 01:29 PM
I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to brag about themselves. It's easier to talk about my flaws because I'm always trying to improve myself.
When meeting someone knew, for dating or friendship, I know you shouldn't talk about flaws right away, or too much too early. But at what point would be a good time to start?
There is never a good time to lay it all out at once, so how much is a good starting point?

number96's photo
Thu 05/27/10 11:10 AM

This is probably the sixth time I've posted this on the site, but it's finally really relevant!

Leaving Las Vegas - Lonely Teardrops (the burning everything scene)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSabR0ksmgc

It's about time someone thought of this. Right?winking

number96's photo
Thu 05/27/10 10:38 AM
The end of "The Devil's Rejects" where the family is running from the law. The only audio playing is the Alman Brothers 'Midnight Rider'.

number96's photo
Thu 05/27/10 10:35 AM
What do you think was a great placement of a certain song in a good movie?

number96's photo
Wed 05/26/10 05:12 PM
"When the little red needle on the tach reads, nine, thousand, RPM, that's bad"

number96's photo
Wed 05/26/10 05:11 PM
"I feel the need
The need
For speed.
AAAAOOWWWWWW!"

number96's photo
Wed 05/26/10 03:46 PM
Can a thread full of thread killers really be killed?

number96's photo
Wed 05/26/10 01:49 PM
So far in the search for planets there has been only one found in the "Goldilocks" zone and can harbor life (ne). Gliese 581 C, if it holds liquid water, could have life. Now if we have found that it may have life so soon in the search for Earth-like planets, there must be hundreds of planets in this galaxy with life (fl). And if there are hundreds with life, there has to be a few with intelligent life (fi).

number96's photo
Wed 05/26/10 01:09 PM

Dose anyone here know if there is a legitimate site for the Drake Equation?

You mean, the original? I think there are several different ways of putting together the pieces of the product of probabilities. And I don't mean commutation, I'm talking granularity of the expression.

Here is one:

from, of course: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation#The_equation

Thank you, but thats the only version I've seen lately. And I have found a good description on the SETI website.

The first time I saw the Drake Equation it was broken down to its individual parts. I haven't seen that for a couple of years. That's the version I'm looking for.

number96's photo
Tue 05/25/10 11:59 PM
Personally, I think self esteem is subjective, or relative. It's in how you show it around people. As far as raising or lowering, another person can help raise your self esteem, but the only way other people can lower your self esteem is by the way you react to what they do. You have to let someone lower or raise it, but it's mostly up to you.
I know this from experience.

number96's photo
Tue 05/25/10 09:09 PM

never heard of it...

The Drake Equation is an equation that supposedly calculates the number of intelligent,and technologically advanced, civilizations that exist.

number96's photo
Tue 05/25/10 08:08 PM

number96's photo
Tue 05/25/10 08:06 PM

My favorite would definitely be Belgian style ales... pale, golden or dark love em all drinks

I absolutely love Belgian beers. I'd move there just for the beer.
My favorite would have to be Hoegaarden, a Belgian White. It doesn't look too good when poring it, it looks clear, but it's a great wheat beer.
Hoegaarden is good but I like a little more flavor (and alcohol content) in my beers bigsmile

When it comes to a good beer, I don't care about alcohol content. When I want alcohol, I go for whiskey or tequila.
As far as flavor, Hoegaarden, I think, has a great smooth unfiltered flavor, which I love.

number96's photo
Tue 05/25/10 05:02 PM
If anyone is looking for a good cheap beer, try making yourself. I use a simple kit called Mr. Beer, it produces some great beer. They have just about every kind of beer, and you can mix and match recipies to create your beer. I'm thinking about making a blueberry hefawissen.

number96's photo
Tue 05/25/10 04:46 PM

My favorite would definitely be Belgian style ales... pale, golden or dark love em all drinks

I absolutely love Belgian beers. I'd move there just for the beer.
My favorite would have to be Hoegaarden, a Belgian White. It doesn't look too good when poring it, it looks clear, but it's a great wheat beer.