Community > Posts By > wendynhouston

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/14/08 07:17 PM
It's hard. Been there done that. Went back and forth with and ex about 6 times over a 3-4 year period. The relationship had it's moments.

My advice:
Don't forget or regret the past. Start doing things you enjoy or trying new things so you aren't constantly dwelling on it. If you have pictures/momentos, you don't hae to throw them out but put them away so they are out of sight and mind.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/14/08 07:13 PM
honestly, I would probably jump to conclusions, but hopefully I would suppress first reactions and stay calm. It could be all innocent. Guess it would depend on the type of dancing they were doing.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/14/08 07:09 PM
When my mom and aunt would take me, my sister and my two cousins out to eat, like at Dairy Queen or McDonalds, they would bring their own slices of cheese to save a dollar or so.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/14/08 06:24 PM

I can only imagine introducing my temporary bf to my family at Christmas dinner huh

That would be rather interesting, to say the least.

wendynhouston's photo
Tue 12/09/08 06:01 PM

The sticker said "Be Nice to Me, It's My First Time"

I didn't get a sticker my first time sad oh well

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 12/08/08 04:56 PM

The last time I went my iron levels didn't pass.....darnit! I'm gonna try again next time they are at my workplace. We try to go every time our schedule allows.
Keep donating people!!!

Lately my iron level haven't allowed me to give. Once it took like 5 tries before it got to the level in needed to be. After Hurricane Ike, there was a mobile drive in the area and I went...damn level was one point low. I waited til Monday to go to the blood bank. That was a pain in the a$$ - I think the whole way there only two lights actually worked, the rest were flashing red. But I made it there and was able to give. I gave right before Thanksgiving so I can't give again until after the New Year.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 12/08/08 04:32 PM
Last year around this time I was scheduled to donate and was going to ask about how I would go about seeing if I was a bone marrow match for someone. My friend from highschool had a little boy who had cancer and needed a bone marrow transplant. Unfortunately, the day I was suppose to donate, I ended up having to attend his funeral.

Just think each time you donate, you are saving up to 3 people's lives. If you donate plasma or platelets you can give more often. I haven't worked up the courage to do that. I heard that when they put back in the parts they don't use you get cold because of the saline solution.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 12/08/08 04:01 PM

lol my last gauze was green!! i was like thats right im a blood donating pimp!! lol

When they ask if I want a wrap or band-aid I always go for the wrap. It's usually pink or yellow with smiley faces on it.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 12/08/08 04:00 PM

I have donated several times, enjoy the cookies and soda they give you afterward's.

I get tshirts too !!!

I have a whole collection !!!

Last year around this time, they gave out reindeer tshirts that had the blood types on the bulbs !!!

Theyre so cute !!!!

I know right!!!! ive got like 15 shirts, i even got a sports bottle once lol

I have a few shirts myself!! Sad when your Committ For Life shirts outnumber the other shirts. I have even starting redeeming the points I've earned at the Committ for Life store. So far I've gotten 2 flash drives.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 12/08/08 03:58 PM
My mom and I signed up for Committ for Life not long after my grandfather passed away from a two year battle with cancer that he hid from the family. We try to go every 57 days like you are allowed to for donating whole blood, but at times my iron is low and I have to wait a day to try again.

Eat something about half an hour or so before you donate. I didn't the first time and they wouldn't allow me to donate until I went and ate. Filling out the questionnaire takes longer than the actually donating. Relax, don't cross your legs, remember to breath, and squeeze the ball every 3-5 seconds. I never feel dizzy or light-headed, but they sometimes put ice on my mom because she does. Enjoy the juice and cookies afterwards!!!

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 12/08/08 03:46 PM

It is scary to think how fast children grow up these days. Being in education, I've seen kindergarteners that talk about sex and stuff like that. There's no certain age when all children should be told. If depends on each child individually, if they are mature enough to handle the information.

Parents should be the first line of communication, but unfortunately parents and/or the child is uncomfortable talking with each other.
I am comfortable talking about most anything with my child. I want her to have the facts, correct information before she goes and tries to get it else where. The best thing I can arm my child with is education. I think the real "loss of innocense" comes from kids having babies.

True... It's sad to see so many 6th and 7th babies having babies of their own. The stories you hear from the kids. God knows when I was that age I didn't know nearly what kids today do.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 12/08/08 02:25 PM
It is scary to think how fast children grow up these days. Being in education, I've seen kindergarteners that talk about sex and stuff like that. There's no certain age when all children should be told. If depends on each child individually, if they are mature enough to handle the information.

Parents should be the first line of communication, but unfortunately parents and/or the child is uncomfortable talking with each other.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 12/08/08 11:08 AM
Ok I don't see anything wrong with a girl having a guy for a bestfriend. I also don't see anything wrong with a guy having a girl for a bestfriend. Here comes the but:

There's a problem when he ignores his girlfriend and devotes all his attention to his female bestfriend. Same would be true for the opposite. I just don't experience with that situation.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 12/08/08 10:15 AM

hugs, kisses, holding hands
it's all good
I really love it when I have my girls cause I can act like a kid and NO grownups can say anything about it

I am the same way with my cousin's little girl or my friend's son. I love taking them for the day to the Boardwalk and playing in the water fountain with them. Gives me an excuse to act silly and not my age.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 12/08/08 08:50 AM
Love Poison

Time for the ranting... Friday night was great spent it with a few friends and my bf singing karaoke and drinking for my birthday. Saturday I texted my bf to see how he slept around 10:30. He said replied back. I texted him again around 3pm because we were going to be in the town's Christmas parade with a friend of his. Never heard back from him. So of course I'm getting pizzed since it's like 5 and I guess he either got busy helping his friend with an emergency repair or he didn't want me to go to the parade with them. Sunday I still haven't heard from him and decide I guess I'm going to play the waiting game since I knew he mentioned that a friend from out of town might be coming down to see him or he might go to his friend's house. Well I text him around 5 or 6 to see if he got to see his friend, still no reply. Why the hell is it sooooooo hard to send a text back? Of course, my friend is asking why I am putting up with it and I'm not sure. Things are good when we are together, but if he can't find time to return a text mention or take the time to call me to say plans have changed, it's not gonna work.

Besides that things are good! I have the next day days off!!!

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 12/08/08 08:39 AM
Hi and Welcome!

It's going to be a great day since I took today and tomorrow off.happy

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 09:45 PM

Its funny how people who put the missing teeth requirement are ok as long as the front teeth are there..
laugh

I found that rather interesting myself.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 09:23 PM
LMAO reminds me of a conversation with my ex last weekend. I said something about being lovey dovey when I get drunk and he said I'm always lovey dovey. I love holding hands, kissing and having my man's arms wrapped around my waist or shoulders. I will sit with my hand on his leg. There is a point when it gets disgusting if there's way too much groping.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 09:17 PM

The one that I am currently trying to find the courage to have with my boyfriend... It's not working since you don't think I'm important enough to find the time to call, text, or see.
been there flowerforyou

Me too...you would think it gets easier after the first time, but it don't. I really like the guy, but if you can't find 5 seconds to text me back and say I'm busy call ya later (at the least), then it's not going to work out.

I've left guys for that.. cause I see why I would do it.. when my phone rings or says I have a text.. if there is no one I care to talk to.. I wont answer it.. but if Im dating someone Im into I answer or call back.. so I picture the guy as he's doing that to me.. and I know he's just not into me...

I picture that too, but it just doesn't fit with what he's said before and the way things are when we do get together. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

well there are some people that really are busy.. I work 9-5 school 6-10.. I dont get much time to call. and only have one or two days (if Im lucky) to spend time.. but I always have time for a text...
there no excuse..

I know there are people that are that busy. My sister is that way, plus she's trying to plan a wedding on top of work and school. But if you really care about someone, you'll make time for someone you really care about.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 09:06 PM

The one that I am currently trying to find the courage to have with my boyfriend... It's not working since you don't think I'm important enough to find the time to call, text, or see.
been there flowerforyou

Me too...you would think it gets easier after the first time, but it don't. I really like the guy, but if you can't find 5 seconds to text me back and say I'm busy call ya later (at the least), then it's not going to work out.

I've left guys for that.. cause I see why I would do it.. when my phone rings or says I have a text.. if there is no one I care to talk to.. I wont answer it.. but if Im dating someone Im into I answer or call back.. so I picture the guy as he's doing that to me.. and I know he's just not into me...

I picture that too, but it just doesn't fit with what he's said before and the way things are when we do get together. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25