Community > Posts By > wendynhouston

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 08:52 PM

The one that I am currently trying to find the courage to have with my boyfriend... It's not working since you don't think I'm important enough to find the time to call, text, or see.
been there flowerforyou

Me too...you would think it gets easier after the first time, but it don't. I really like the guy, but if you can't find 5 seconds to text me back and say I'm busy call ya later (at the least), then it's not going to work out.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 08:41 PM
The one that I am currently trying to find the courage to have with my boyfriend... It's not working since you don't think I'm important enough to find the time to call, text, or see.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:59 PM
(((madam)))

That's GREAT!! Praying that things keep looking up for ya!!

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:48 PM
Wendy Meets Casper

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:13 PM

missed q

(The) Quiet Man

Scrooge

oops I was too excited thinking about R.

T - Texas Chainsaw Massacre

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:02 PM
Raising Arizona

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 06:52 PM

you know what is super cleansing for the soul!??!
CLEANING!!
my kitchen is spotless my living room.. both sections.. SPOTLESS!!! and i even shampooed the rug in the living room.. i wanted to do the rug in the kitchen too, but the baby sleeps nearby.. and he was a super brat today so i think ill let him sleep..

but i feel tons better now.. i may not cut my moms dress into a zillion bittie bittie bits now!!
laugh
biggrin

Cleaning helped the last time I was pizzed, but I wasn't even in the mood to clean this time. Why are (most) guys a$$hole$???

they know no better,they think if there any thing less,thats gonna make em less of a man.

Apparently! But does atleast calling once in a while make you any less of a man? Is it really that hard to send a text or call just to say hey I was thinking about you?

nope I always at least make a call to let em know I cant talk for a while,always make time to talk for a few minutes.and know it is not hard to do this.I was talking to a lady,whom had this little prob of telling me she would call,but didnt.that ended.

Thank you! That's all I'm asking for. This marks the second time in about a month in a half that I've played the wait and see how long it will take to call or text me. I already got an email from a friend asking why I put up with it and my dad said something about it today as well. I told him last time we went three days without talking that it would be nice to atleast get a text saying he was thinking about me or something. I just don't wanna be kept hanging on for the sake of him having someone to fall back on when he's bored or whatever. Don't get me wrong when we spend time together things are great. It's the time inbetween us getting to see each other that is starting to pizz me off.
\

you ask me aint no one worth the time,if they cant make time for you.I dont need any one who cant make time for someone else in there life.

no one deserves this.

this is why I want someone who likes to spend time together,someone who looks forward to spending time together.

yes and I can understand the fact,I wouldnt want to hang on for someone who can fall inlove with someone else any time they want to.or feel bored or what ever otehr excuse there is

The thing that gets me is just a few weeks ago, he said he respected me and his actions now aren't showing that. When we discussed the issue before, he said that he's gotten used to only seeing someone one weekend a month because that's what him and his ex did. I told him flat out that I wouldn't be able to deal with that. It wouldn't feel like we were dating if we only saw each other once a month. Geez, we live 30 minutes max from each other and if we can't find time to see each other, what's the point?

BTW, the first poem on your profile struck a cord big time, especially at this point.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 05:58 PM
Mary Poppins

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 05:55 PM
Someplace casual where you can talk, laugh and just get to know each other.

Two awesome first dates/meetings I've had:

1)We met at Putt-Putt Golf and played a round or two of many golf. Then I drove with him (which I don't usually do on a first meeting) down the road to a pool hall until around midnight. Then we drove back to Putt-Putt and talked in the parking lot until 4am. It was great, but sucked because I had to be at work by 9am.

2) I had been talking to this guy from another site for a little while. I went to Walmart for something and he mentioned he needed to get a few things so instead of going to the one right down the road from him, he surprised me by coming to the one that I was at. We ended up walking around there and just goofing off for about an hour and a half. Then we went to the Boardwalk (unfortunately since then Hurricane Ike has messed it up, but it's making a comeback) and spent about 4 hours just walking around and talking. We played in the water fountains and went to the top of the parking garage (which I hadn't done in all the times I have gone to the Boardwalk). It was amazing just talking and overlooking the water.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 05:45 PM
Yes I would date someone that had a disability. A disability doesn't define who a person is.

I think people need to be up front about things. That being said, you aren't going to know everything about someone before you meet them or even on the first date/meeting. If the disability is one that would be noticeable, it would be wise to devulge the information ahead of time. Wouldn't want someone to be caught off-guard and not be able to really get to know you as a person because they are wondering why they weren't informed before hand.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 05:26 PM

Its nice that you the guys want to answer to my wants... but it would be nice if everyone posted what they were looking for!

OK, since apparently I'm implicated in this whole concept somehow....

1. Intelligence -- I've spent most of my life in relationships with women who would have a hard time identifying the front end of a horse. The best gf I ever had was smarter than I am (although she still disputes this).

2. Creative -- I admire people who can draw or write or play an instrument or sing or paint or take pictures or whatever. I have a strong creative drive and tend to get along with others who share this.

3. Communication -- The essence of any good relationship, any good interaction. In my experience, good communicators are practically extinct -- assuming they ever really existed in the first place.

4. "Outside-the-box" -- I am never going to be conventional. If you want the Ward Cleaver type, you're in the wrong yard.

5. No drugs, no alcohol. Lost too many people to those already. They will not be a part of my life.

6. No kids. I take a lot of flak over this one, but the reality is that I would not make a good parent (or parental substitute) and I do not want to be involved with someone who is one. It's a preference, plain and simple. A mandatory preference. It doesn't mean I think you're a bad person, it just means that your priorities are, of necessity, going to be radically different from mine.

7. No preaching. I don't mind being involved with people who hold other religious views. We can talk about that as much as you want. But I am not here to be "converted" or to be condemned to your version of hell simply because I WON'T be converted.

8. Anything political bores me to tears. I'm an anarchist. I don't believe any flawed, fallible human being has any business being given sanctioned authority over other flawed, fallible human beings. If you do, that's fine. I just don't want to hear about it.

9. I can't cook without starting a nine-alarm fire or causing radiation poisoning in a twelve-mile radius. I don't expect you to cook. If you want to, fine. If not, there's Arby's or the microwave. I'm not picky. If it involves beef and/or peanut butter, I'll be fine.

10. If you want to say something, say it. I won't try to pull it out of you. I will ALWAYS be willing to listen but I will not hound it out of you.

11. I don't care if you make more money than me, came from a better family, in a better house, in a better state, or whatever. It's just stuff. If I like you, it's because of you, not because of stuff.

Can I plagiarize half your list...okay better than three quarters of it

Make sure you site the source or ask my sister what the consequences are.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 05:20 PM

CLEANING!!
my kitchen is spotless my living room.. both sections.. SPOTLESS!!! and i even shampooed the rug in the living room.. i wanted to do the rug in the kitchen too, but the baby sleeps nearby.. and he was a super brat today so i think ill let him sleep..

but i feel tons better now.. i may not cut my moms dress into a zillion bittie bittie bits now!!
laugh
biggrin

Cleaning helped the last time I was pizzed, but I wasn't even in the mood to clean this time. Why are (most) guys a$$hole$???

they know no better,they think if there any thing less,thats gonna make em less of a man.

Apparently! But does atleast calling once in a while make you any less of a man? Is it really that hard to send a text or call just to say hey I was thinking about you?

nope I always at least make a call to let em know I cant talk for a while,always make time to talk for a few minutes.and know it is not hard to do this.I was talking to a lady,whom had this little prob of telling me she would call,but didnt.that ended.

Thank you! That's all I'm asking for. This marks the second time in about a month in a half that I've played the wait and see how long it will take to call or text me. I already got an email from a friend asking why I put up with it and my dad said something about it today as well. I told him last time we went three days without talking that it would be nice to atleast get a text saying he was thinking about me or something. I just don't wanna be kept hanging on for the sake of him having someone to fall back on when he's bored or whatever. Don't get me wrong when we spend time together things are great. It's the time inbetween us getting to see each other that is starting to pizz me off.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 05:20 PM

CLEANING!!

laugh
biggrin

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 04:45 PM

CLEANING!!

laugh
biggrin

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 04:41 PM

CLEANING!!

laugh
biggrin

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 04:24 PM

There are all sorts of things that fit into the criteria of what I'm looking for in a person, but the thing is that we're looking for PEOPLE and not traits. I find that listing things we're looking for in a person is like putting an ad for a job. Of course we have standards, I'm just saying it's best to look at the individual for their personality and how well you "click" with them. Don't DISCARD the traits you're looking for, but don't overlook someone who doesn't fulfill those traits either. The only thing that comes of listing those traits for other people to read is to encourage the people you meet to put up a front pretending to be everything that you want, then you end up being disappointed down the road when you realize that person isn't what they pretended to be.

I totally agree with you! One thing I wouldn't list is a guy who smokes, but I don't rule out all guys just because they do. I am currently dating a smoker (not sure for how much longer, but that's a whole other thread). I knew he smoked from the first time we met 8 years ago, but he is thoughtful when it comes to smoking around me because he knows I don't.

Don't settle for less than you are looking for, but don't be so focused on a few things that you overlook a great person, because he don't fit exactly into a list you have.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 04:17 PM
Congrats!!

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 03:39 PM
Congrats!! Gives hope to the rest of us that there is someone out there - no matter how long it takes to find them.

For the ones that don't share in your joy, forget them.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 03:33 PM
I'm not sure there is anything to say to someone once they dumped ya.

slaphead Is wondering if this thread could be a sign.spock

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 12/07/08 03:30 PM
I don't know if you can or can't but I don't see why it isn't possible. You can make recycled paper out of torn paper and water and blending it together, pressing it to get the water out and then letting it dry.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25