Community > Posts By > Christianguy96

no photo
Mon 10/02/17 11:18 AM

I think we should be happy when we're single.
Find something we like to do the most and be good at it, and we don't have to dwell with our self pity nor hate being single. There are things we can do better while we're single. Enjoy it to the max :wink:.

When you are happy with yourself, you look attractive :wink: Then you will find more options :wink: Good luck with your search sista :relaxed:

Well said, if you are single just enjoy, be yourself, do what your heart feels like, its muchh better than being in a wrong relationship.

no photo
Mon 10/02/17 11:16 AM
I found the whole thing unsettling. There are no words to describe what the family, friends, and the injured are going through. Truly an act of terror.

no photo
Mon 10/02/17 11:02 AM
until I'm fully processed and sent to Paris Island

The military life will certainly set you right.
So, you are looking for a temporary change?
I lived in Upstate NY, Corinth to be exact.
New York and all the Northwest Colonial States are oppressive (IMO).
Commonwealth States (PA, KY) are usually all up in your business.

I was Navy. I was stationed in Little Creek, VA. Being very close to Norfolk and VA Beach it was a military town. Really easy to get credit but nearly everyone had that military attitude.

While I have been to North & South Carolina and Georgia. I really have no direct experience living there. I'm sure its cheaper than NYC. The Southern hospitality is true, for the most part. However, Southern attitudes are different behind the facade.

I have found that moving Westward seems to decrease in oppressive lifestyles. Small towns are easier than big cities.

Paris Island Boot Camp is designed to break your habits. Its a conditioning that is temporary but has beneficial results. Chances are, You will figure out what you want during your military service. You will live places you may not normally pick right now.
That experience will help you choose what's right for you.
I live now where I was once stationed. I liked the area and chose to move back.

Depending on how long till you gear up, have you considered doing a Southern camping tour? Just something to think about. 6-8 weeks?
Do odd jobs, meet people, check out different places?

Thankyou , and no I haven't thought about a camping tour. I'll look into that

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 06:00 PM

With 5,000 its easy as pie. I did it with less. It is no different then moving from Buffalo to Albany. Its only a state, and I can see why you may want to leave NY.

Dont let some person who never moved to another state tell you otherwise. But there are certain states I would avoid, and certain ones that are easier to find fast work.

It depends on your health and how motivated you are. At age 21 its a gamble I would take for sure! If you need help you can send me your email and I can help on just the basics and that 5,000 should be enough for a good 5 months if your frugal, but if you jump in fast you will only get maybe 2-3 months depending on how you WANT to live and not WHAT you need to live.

Very easy.

Thankyou very much. Reading this motivates me even more. I remember your posts from my other thread you have been a big help. I'm still figuring all of this out if I run into trouble with managing my money etc I will definitely send you my email. Thankyou.

If you dont understand the markets thats ok, but it WOULD be in your benefit to know basics like M&A's and where the actual growth is. You have to DYODD, ok. Just because Toyota reports is going to invest 20 Billion in plants and expects to create 2,000 jobs you really dont know WHEN the target date is. Its like that oil boom back several years...If you hit the Dakota area at 80K a year average for 5 years and saved you money well when it went bust a guy is ok if smart.

You can do it. I know you can. Look at state job creations on the web. All this junk is at your fingertips today for a young guy. If you really are motivated and have good health just bust your butt and sacrifice from the start. Remember,,,YOU sacrifice now and save everything you can young and be smart with your money. As you age you can relex more over the years. You sacrifice for your your future family to be better than you and your goal should be for that even if your NOT thinking about marriage now....Get it?

I fully understand. I was always the frugal type. Thanks

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 05:54 PM

Hi Christian .. you sound sensible and have a backup plan .. I think it is normal to want your independence ... how do you family feel about you moving away ?

Have you thought about contacting a local church group .. they may be able to help with accomodation/ work contacts .. until you are settled .

Thankyou. I wouldn't go to a church or anywhere to get a helping hand or free handouts. I don't like doing that also there are others who could use it more than me but again its not in my nature to want to take anything for free lol
no one said anything about anything for free .. often religious support groups can be a good social network ... especially when you are new to a place . You may be able to flat with some other young people .

Very true. I may look into that. It would help get me acclimated to the new area quickly.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 05:37 PM
With 5,000 its easy as pie. I did it with less. It is no different then moving from Buffalo to Albany. Its only a state, and I can see why you may want to leave NY.

Dont let some person who never moved to another state tell you otherwise. But there are certain states I would avoid, and certain ones that are easier to find fast work.

It depends on your health and how motivated you are. At age 21 its a gamble I would take for sure! If you need help you can send me your email and I can help on just the basics and that 5,000 should be enough for a good 5 months if your frugal, but if you jump in fast you will only get maybe 2-3 months depending on how you WANT to live and not WHAT you need to live.

Very easy.

Thankyou very much. Reading this motivates me even more. I remember your posts from my other thread you have been a big help. I'm still figuring all of this out if I run into trouble with managing my money etc I will definitely send you my email. Thankyou.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 05:32 PM
Hi Christian .. you sound sensible and have a backup plan .. I think it is normal to want your independence ... how do you family feel about you moving away ?

Have you thought about contacting a local church group .. they may be able to help with accomodation/ work contacts .. until you are settled .

Thankyou. I wouldn't go to a church or anywhere to get a helping hand or free handouts. I don't like doing that also there are others who could use it more than me but again its not in my nature to want to take anything for free lol

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 05:06 PM
BTW, just out of idle curiosity, what is your "current environment? What is it that's pushing to relocate? Please don't tell me it's a failed relationship or family/friend issues.

Not a big fan of the weather. I love nyc though but the taxes in this state are alot sure the further upstate you go the better in cost of living but it means more snow. It will be a while until I'm fully processed and sent to Paris Island.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 05:02 PM
I have done it with much less than $5000 and with a family no less.
It depends upon your willingness to make it work and the resources you have concerning your career.
The longest I ever went without a job was 2 weeks.

Something you should do is some searching on the demographics of your intended new location.
You should probably start with searching the zip codes (both the exact and surrounding ones) of the place you intend to resettle.
Try looking, in depth at the City Data for those places.
http://www.city-data.com/
Once you have the area narrowed down, look at the online community pages and help wanted listings. Look at the rental rates and home ownership specifics. Look at the local grocery store ads to get an idea of the cost of food in that area.
Find out what costs are involved with getting your car legal and crime rate statistics.
Figure out your transportation and moving costs, the route you will take and estimated costs of food and lodging.
Set a timeline of goals and make it happen.
Plan for the worst possible scenario you can think of happening.

I relocated from the north east to the midwest because with a family of 6 making $8 ph was not smart. I was promised a job making $12 ph but they lied. I didn't find that out till I actually showed up for work. They promoted from within, nothing I could do. I took a different job at $10 ph and worked hard and skimped and saved and ended up being the boss of the freak that lied to me, eventually.

It will all depend on how strongly you are self-driven and whether you have the skills to work.
It's scary, really feckin scary.

Thankyou for all of that I appreciate it. That is some story. Godbless you also thanks to everyone for the advice.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 04:59 PM
I would expect to spend a few months just looking for a job,
maybe more.

You might try lining up something before you move, look
around online, look up what is available for the town of
your destination, nearly all towns have their local
newspaper online, you can learn a lot about it, especially
their unemployment rate..crime, rents, etc.

If you had an apartment lined up (paid for) and plenty of
beans and ramen already filling the trunk..you might
could make it :-)

Thanks for the advice

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 12:48 PM
Stock up on ramen noodles.

I know thats what I was saying lol hopefully not for too long though. Sometimes you have to take chances in life.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 12:34 PM
It will take more than $5000

I'm going to be doing it with 5-6

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 12:33 PM
I have thought about a dental hygienist course. I just really want to leave n
NY State because of the cost etc. Thanks for the advice.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 12:26 PM
Thats the scary part. People online have said that there will be costs for things that you would have never expected. I'm going to look at sublets also maybe rice beans and ramen for a while.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 12:22 PM
Ya I know its risky but I just have this drive in me that wants to be on my own away from family and my area. 100% independence. I do have a back up plan though. If everything goes bad I have relatives that I can live with. I'm going to try this though to better myself.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 12:18 PM
I hear you. I understand your frustration but what I have found is that God will have us meet certain people at certain times. There is someone for everyone. God, guide you to the right person at the right time. I'm 21 and have never been in a relationship. Its not bad or good. I just is what it is (Meant to be).

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 12:09 PM
I've been here for a couple days and its a decent place overall. Good members that are helpful etc. I have seen some vulgarity and indecency among some of the members but you will get that on any site. I think these forums are cool though.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 12:01 PM
Never tried it

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 11:55 AM
What type of advice could you give me to make that work ? With the way my current environment is etc. I acknowledge that I must start over somewhere else. I'm looking to make a change for the better. I'm leaving my hometown in 1-2 months.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 11:27 AM
May God, bless you with a wife thats beautiful on the inside and outside